Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 26,094
    kyfdx said:

qbrozen said:
    You really want the 2007-2010 with the upgraded 255 HP engine (that feels like 300 HP), instead of the 225 HP from that year.
    You forget I've been shopping for a 5-cyl Hummer. Speed on this vehicle isn't my top concern. haha.

'10 Equinox LS; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 49-car history and counting!

• corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 6,804
    Poking around the Ford dealer’s website, it appears an F-150 XL with the STX package is really well equipped and could potentially replace the Tahoe one day. Parking sensors are optional on that trim and they’re not commonly equipped that way, and no BLIS is offered. Besides that, HID/LED headlights are the only other thing I’d really like to have.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 4,880
    Looks like more weather could be on the way. So tired of these hurricanes!! Driveway guy came and gave me two options for doing the driveway...one less pricey good for a couple of years and another more pricey but they add more asphalt and will last a longer time. He saw my garage floor and showed me an option for doing that, something I’d love to do actually. So now have to sit down and think what to do here. Gonna get flack no matter what so just need to decide how much I really want to spend.
    Thinking is when we do sell, new owner will want to get a concrete driveway anyways so best to go the cheaper route if it could get me the few years I need to get out of this old shack!

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,521

Looks like more weather could be on the way. So tired of these hurricanes!! Driveway guy came and gave me two options for doing the driveway...one less pricey good for a couple of years and another more pricey but they add more asphalt and will last a longer time. He saw my garage floor and showed me an option for doing that, something I’d love to do actually. So now have to sit down and think what to do here. Gonna get flack no matter what so just need to decide how much I really want to spend.
    Thinking is when we do sell, new owner will want to get a concrete driveway anyways so best to go the cheaper route if it could get me the few years I need to get out of this old shack!

I thought you were planning to sell and move north soon - doesn't seem to make any sense to make that kind of investment, when it's pretty clear that you won't be able to recoup that cost in an increased asking price.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 13,084
    tjc78 said:

Good friends of ours just love bright colors like that.

His - New style Charger in Plum
    Hers - New style Wrangler UL in lime green

I'm not usually a fan of those types of colors, but the orange works on the Charger.

Nice combo there! Those colors actually work very well together.
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
    Michaell said:

I thought you were planning to sell and move north soon - doesn't seem to make any sense to make that kind of investment, when it's pretty clear that you won't be able to recoup that cost in an increased asking price.

Depends on the price of the work, but he very well could. A presentable driveway makes a great first impression.
    2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2008 and 2013 Subaru Forester(s), 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup
  • pensfan83pensfan83 PennsylvaniaPosts: 1,422
    Love this one and arguably a clean example.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-volkswagen-rabbit-3/

I'm being teased with G-Body's (too much $$ for me though)
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-buick-grand-national-34/

This looks like fun.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-volkswagen-r32-32-2/

1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2018 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD - 2014 Nissan Altima 3.5SL - 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    pensfan83 said:
    Nice. This car looks so much better in blue. One of the fathers at my daughter's school has one he uses to drop off his kids every day. Three of them.... all pile out. It's fun to see. Looks like a fun car, too.... year round!

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 127,999
    I like that year R32, a lot

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 28firefighter28firefighter Seattle, WAPosts: 5,473
    What's not to like?
    2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i, 2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Same as jmonroePosts: 1,088
    tjc78 said:

Good friends of ours just love bright colors like that.

His - New style Charger in Plum
    Hers - New style Wrangler UL in lime green

I'm not usually a fan of those types of colors, but the orange works on the Charger.

Man, some of the car colors out there makes a sain guy wonder sometimes. I've almost accepted and have come to expect that goldish green on Soul's already.

As for that lime green, the only place that color works is on limes. :(

jmonroe
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 33,314
    Sandy, without knowing how bad it is, I thought there were ways to patch and top coat (sort of a skim coat) to spruce up asphalt and seal it.

Unless it’s a true mess, I would do the cheap option to pretty it up and keep stabilized.

Spending money on a garage floor is probably a waste.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• tjc78tjc78 South JerseyPosts: 8,854
    I had a guy spray my asphalt driveway years ago. Looked absolutely brand new for a few years. It's a little grey-ish again. I'll probably do it myself this time with the stuff from Lowes/HD

2017 Buick Enclave / 2017 Hyundai Elantra (for a little longer) / 2019 Volvo S60 T6 Inscription

• corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 6,804
    The asphalt sealer I get seems to last 3 years, and they spread two coats. Next time, they’re going to have to fill some cracks that have widened.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 12,245
    stickguy said:

Like the X3. But not color combo.

Here’s one for RB

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m6-57/

My favorite color combination; it will probably go for over $65k.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

My driveway was ripped up today. We are having them lengthen and widen it while they are at it. 21 feet wide and I believe something like 130 feet long.

'10 Equinox LS; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '14 Town&Country Limited; '18 BMW X2. 49-car history and counting!

My favorite color combination; it will probably go for over $65k.

Really?! It sure doesn't present like something I would want to pay $65K to own. Pretty, though, for sure.
    qbrozen said:

My driveway was ripped up today. We are having them lengthen and widen it while they are at it. 21 feet wide and I believe something like 130 feet long.

Wow! That's a hefty driveway! Are you painting a yellow line down the center while you're at it? ;)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 13,379
    qbrozen said:

That project is on our list. Our driveway needed to be ripped up when we moved in. That was 9 years ago.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2015 Infiniti Q40 AWD, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring AWD

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,521
    xwesx said:

qbrozen said:

Wow! That's a hefty driveway! Are you painting a yellow line down the center while you're at it? ;)
    You could paint numbers at either end and use it as an RC Airplane runway - or for drones.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• graphicguygraphicguy Edmunds Poster EmeritusPosts: 11,539
    xwesx said:

Goal reached!

I’m sitting at around 800 miles on my FLX odo. Good job!!!!!

2018 Acura TLX 3.5 SH AWD A-SPEC
  • sb55sb55 On an Island in VermontPosts: 422

xwesx said:

Goal reached!

I got a RAD City e-bike. It's great. About 1200 miles on it and no problems at all.

2007 Miata PRHT, 2014 BMW 535d X-drive, 2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Ext. cab with 6.2 V-8

sb55 said:

xwesx said:

Goal reached!

I got a RAD City e-bike. It's great. About 1200 miles on it and no problems at all.
    I have the RadRover (the original Fat Tire bike). They're local in Seattle so it was a no brainer.

I have the RadRover (the original Fat Tire bike). They're local in Seattle so it was a no brainer.

Do you get it out much? I find the family element to be the biggest challenge for me.

I was able to put about 850 miles on it by the time school started for the kids (about four weeks ago). Since I am the one who takes my daughter to school, riding after that became more challenging. Thankfully, she was willing to try riding to school a couple days a week, and she has really taken to it, so I'm able to at least put a few rides into the week. On mornings when I take her, the first twelve miles (the ones with all the hills!) I do without any electric assist - I just have the processor on to log the miles and speeds. After I drop her off, I punch the assist and burn down the six miles or so to my office as quickly as possible.

After twelve miles without any assist, and carrying all of the gear (her backpack, etc., and my clothes for the day), using the assist feels so amazing.

xwesx said:

Do you get it out much? I find the family element to be the biggest challenge for me.

Not nearly as often as I'd like. I suspect it'll be easier once Sam is riding a bike.
  • omarmanomarman Posts: 1,805
    Maybe I'd be amazed on the first 12 miles with all the hills and all the assist too. :)

Maybe I'm amazed at the the way you pulled me out of time
    And hung me on a line
    Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you
  • jmonroe1jmonroe1 Same as jmonroePosts: 1,088
    xwesx said:

qbrozen said:

Far be it from me to put anything in his head but after his road is finished and lines and numbers have been painted, he could get his friends and neighbor's together on weekends for the @qbrozen 130. B)

jmonroe
    qbrozen said:

Maybe a punch coming in a couple of hours. Just waiting for dealership owner to send me a video and call for my CC.

On hold till tomorrow. Guy was being a bit sketchy about the undercarriage so I was about to just give up and move to choice 2, but we spoke again tonight and he promises to get me a vid of it first thing. He is an hour behind me though.