Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Ours aren't the same but related I guess. Doesn't Audi own VW...or is it the other way around?

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    corvette said:

Given that we still use paper files at my office, working from home requires a lot of additional steps and there’s a lot more overhead. Print a document, get a message from someone at the office that it has no file number, look up the file number and give it to them so they know where to file it, etc. Supposedly, court filings are down, but I’ve gotten two new files this week (the average at my job is 2-3, but I’d rather be at 1, because I got hit with a bunch of transfers when the last person quit and still have a very high caseload).

Time for your company to jump into the digital age! You’ve certainly got the time!
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    The Mercedes guy was a lot younger than Mike and it was an older model to, probably about 10 years old or so. We have a lot of MB's and BMW's down here from many different years. Guess we're similar to California in that we like driving our vehicles in the nice weather. And probably just like them, there's also a lot of folks with $ and many use it to buy nice vehicles.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Heard from another driver that he already applied for unemployment. Said others have to but the few I've been in contact with haven't as of yet. Still on the fence here. Will probably need to make a decision in a week or two.

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,279
    edited April 2020

Ours aren't the same but related I guess. Doesn't Audi own VW...or is it the other way around?

VW group owns VW, Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Sandy, might as well. No point in waiting.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    Yes, thinking might as well to. Have nothing to loose!

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    Regarding unemployment - I don't know if the regulations are different by state, but generally to receive benefits you have to prove you are actively searching for a new job. Proof via applications, etc.

Not sure that Sandy wants to jump through those hoops to get what I suspect will be a fairly small amount of money, based on the hours he worked, each week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    It may be different now, as so many people hope to return to the jobs they had before this hit.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Michaell said:

Regarding unemployment - I don't know if the regulations are different by state, but generally to receive benefits you have to prove you are actively searching for a new job. Proof via applications, etc.

Not sure that Sandy wants to jump through those hoops to get what I suspect will be a fairly small amount of money, based on the hours he worked, each week.

The requirement to look for work has been waived, in my area.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,174
    Same in WA. And the state is loudly asking everyone impacted to apply, and for good reasons: you pay into it and should use it when needed, and so far there is no special help given to renters, so it'll all help.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    Seems like a good deal for what it is.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674

Heard from another driver that he already applied for unemployment. Said others have to but the few I've been in contact with haven't as of yet. Still on the fence here. Will probably need to make a decision in a week or two.

Sandy, the likelihood hood is that it will probably take weeks to get through the process. You can always cancel your application. Get yourself an auto dial program for your phone and let it call 24/7.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    As of today the GTS and 540i xDrive both dropped under $40k; no reduction in interest rates, however.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,393

As of today the GTS and 540i xDrive both dropped under $40k; no reduction in interest rates, however.

Make an offer that is insultingly low to compensate for the higher interest rate. B)

I normally don't condone that, but especially with the Stinger, I don't think a 40k+ Kia is going to be a top seller right now. The BMW on the other hand, I suspect they'll be less willing to deal on.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    Interesting-the rest of the school year has been cancelled here. Just e-learning. Bummer for my HS Senior
  • Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

Interesting-the rest of the school year has been cancelled here. Just e-learning. Bummer for my HS Senior

Wow. Where is this?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    I am only surprised more places haven't just done the same thing and made it official, since the odds of going back are really low. And probably not worth the hassle to try and get them back in for a few weeks, especially since 1 person being confirmed probably shuts the place back down. Just get to the end of the year and regroup for next school year.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Wow. Where is this?
    Indiana - entire state
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,174
    I expect the same in WA soon, as we are now on stay-home through at least the beginning of May.
  • Options
    stickguy said:

I am only surprised more places haven't just done the same thing and made it official, since the odds of going back are really low. And probably not worth the hassle to try and get them back in for a few weeks, especially since 1 person being confirmed probably shuts the place back down. Just get to the end of the year and regroup for next school year.

Agreed. Rough to have no prom, maybe no graduation. Never got to say bye to teachers and classmates. Whole state on stay at home order with essential travel only.
  • Options
    well, school is virtual. Just hold prom over zoom. kids can dress up at home, sneak liquor and drugs in water bottles, dance badly, pretty much everything most of them do at prom anyway!

• Options

I would not have been at all sad to miss prom OR graduation. For me the only graduation I cared about was law school- because I was finally finished.

Female cheerleaders have a different take on Prom and graduation

• Options
    Yes, have nothing to lose I guess. Seems to me I spelled that word wrong earlier, so I do apologize. Even my lead texted me back to say "just do it" and be done with it! Since I've got nothing planned for tomorrow, think I'll get started.
    Does anyone know the website or phone number? I've heard that we're all affected and there's Corvo-19 related designation for what we're doing, out of work due to this 19 virus.

• Options

I would not have been at all sad to miss prom OR graduation. For me the only graduation I cared about was law school- because I was finally finished.

So much this.
  • Options
    Sandy, each state is different. Just go on line and google the state UI department website and start there. Applying is pretty easy. You answer a few questions to get it kicked off and go from there.

• Options

So much this.
    A guy a couple of years ahead of me in high school was like 2nd or 3rd in his class; his parents asked him what he wanted for graduation and they'd get it for him if it wasn't outrageously expensive. He told them, "Don't make me go to graduation- that's all I want."
    They about stroked out.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,267
    edited April 2020
    stickguy said:

Exactly. My state said May 1 and the reaction I heard from everyone was “why not go ahead and write off the rest of the year?” Of course, if they did, it’s not like people could up and take a two month vacation to somewhere nice.
  • Options
    I walked only to humor my parents. I wanted to work during my high school graduation.
  • Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989

WHOA, I'll go halfway on this with you. Graduation I could have done without but my parents liked the idea that their oldest son finally made it that far because there were doubts along the way. Now the prom, that I wouldn't have missed for anything. I went to the junior prom too and if they allowed sophomores to go to the prom I would have gone then too. I set the bar high on that kind of stuff. I guess you could say I had high standards but not necessarily the typical standard high priorities.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    I don’t even remember my HS graduation. I was probably just so anxious to get out of there. But college is pretty vivid, even though I was stoned. But, hey, how else should one go see Kermit address us graduates?

• Options
    Remember my high school graduation vividly. After her address was maybe half over, first in class ripped off her gown, threw off her hat and basically told the school folks to go "f themselves" and in her shorts & tee, walked down the aisle and out the door! We got up immediately and went wild while the admin people and our folks went nuts. It was quite the spectacle, she got her point across, and 1972 became a year I never ever forgot!

• Options
    sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    Happy Birthday, Bradd.
    I think that you being on this forum skews the age lower! I suspect most here are "geezeers", or close to it!

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    nyccarguy said:

And in other news, I’m 44 today!

Just a young pup! Happy Birthday!

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Our next-door province of New Brunswick announced this week that the rest of the school year is cancelled and they will figure out the details of graduations, diplomas, etc later. Here in Nova Scotia they have yet to do that but schools are closed until at least May 1. But this week they announced something that is a bit bizarre. They are rolling out a home-schooling curriculum next week apparently, which kids are supposed to do either online or otherwise. The odd part is the "otherwise". In places where high-speed internet is unavailable either due to lack of infrastructure or family budgets, they are going with a paper-based package. But the gov has contracted with the newspaper company that is the largest in the province to distribute it, and how they propose to do that is laughable. The company also delivers bundles of weekly store flyers around the province and those have in fact been somewhat controversial among many who think they are bad for the environment, a nuisance, or otherwise don't want them. Yesterday the company sent out a communication saying the school materials would be made part of that, and if you didn't already sign up for their flyer delivery, you would have to do so in order to get the paper school course materials for your kids. Outrage reigns now of course.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

You’re catching up to me! ;b

• Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

qbrozen said:

mjfloyd1 said:

Wow. Where is this?
    Indiana - entire state
    KY is out through May 4th. I don't see any way they are coming back

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nyccarguy said:

Happy Birthday!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    @nyccarguy

Happy Birthday!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    44. Just a kid!

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    @nyccarguy ....HBD!!!!!!!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    @roadburner ....just curious what the interest rates are on the GTS or BMW? With everything that’s going on, it can’t be that high, can it?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, @nyccarguy !
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    HBD @nyccarguy - you are only one year behind me...

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    nyccarguy said:

Happy Birthday, go buy yourself a car because Mrs. @nyccarguy more than lilely won't do that for you. Someone called you a young pup. Maybe but sounds like jealousy to me. But along those lines I think I have a couple pairs of skivies that are almost 44.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    dad23dad23 Member Posts: 870
    Happy Birthday @nyccarguy :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Congrats, Bradd!

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674
    stickguy said:

My son’s community college has gone total online now but they’re still operating.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible