Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    I think I’m most surprised that Honda didn’t offer an extended warranty from the manufacturer.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,556
    they do (Hondacare) but must not have been the terms they wanted?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2020
    stickguy said:

what did they give you for the old Accord? And what exactly was wrong with it?

Broken front axle (transaxle). They gave us $500. She had 182,000 miles on the odometer. It was a 2010 Accord Coupe.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671
    abacomike said:

stickguy said:

Broken front axle (transaxle). They gave us $500. She had 182,000 miles on the odometer. It was a 2010 Accord Coupe.
    I thought $339/mo for 75 months was high but with her poor credit, extended warranty and the tight market I think you did pretty good.

Did she consider buying a cheap used car to tide her over until she could save up a down payment? That’s what I’ve done for my kids when they come crying with broken cars.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,986

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

I thought $339/mo for 75 months was high but with her poor credit, extended warranty and the tight market I think you did pretty good.

Did she consider buying a cheap used car to tide her over until she could save up a down payment? That’s what I’ve done for my kids when they come crying with broken cars.
    You’re a good dad.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976
    sda said:

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

You’re a good dad.
    A really good dad.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

Speaking of broken cars the Sebring might be ready to give up the ghost. I went out to pick up lunch today as I pulled into my driveway I started to smell a particular smell and noticed a thick white smoke coming up from under the hood. By the time I turned the car off, got out and got the hood open the smoke had stopped. I really couldn't find the source but there was a oil leak under the car. We recently had the oil changed, maybe less than a 100 miles ago, so the wife said she will take it back there tomorrow to have them check their work.

Good thing we already have it's replacement.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Yeah, what he said. Why does a breakdown result in someone having to buy a new car?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,434
    Good job Mike!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,392
    Depending on the issue, repairing a car with 182k miles may not make sense.
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,169
    Very good.

And if I had kids and an inheritance to pass along, I'd like to see them enjoy it rather than have it be used when I can't see it.
    sda said:

You’re a good dad.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,926
    Ugh the joys of home selling and buying.

Township wants an exorbitant amount of sidewalk repairs and the private walkway to my steps. They even want the driveway apron redone which has no tripping hazards and only slight wear and cracking. They painted giant “X”s all over.

They claim the AC unit was never permitted, but it was on the original SOW for the addition. I left a strong message to the township that I want the inspector to meet with me on the issues.

New house has slightly elevated Radon levels. At least that’s on the sellers.

Oh and we are awaiting the results of the buyer’s home inspection. I’m sure that guy found a dozen things that are pending doom.

On the plus side the mortgage is fully approved.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,671

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

Speaking of broken cars the Sebring might be ready to give up the ghost. I went out to pick up lunch today as I pulled into my driveway I started to smell a particular smell and noticed a thick white smoke coming up from under the hood. By the time I turned the car off, got out and got the hood open the smoke had stopped. I really couldn't find the source but there was a oil leak under the car. We recently had the oil changed, maybe less than a 100 miles ago, so the wife said she will take it back there tomorrow to have them check their work.

What kind of smell, coolant or oil? Coolant could be a blown head gasket but that shouldn’t result in smoke under the hood. Might just be an old hose going bad. Oil smoke and smell after a change could be a loose plug or a double gasket oil filter. I’ve done the latter myself after changing oil in the dark.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Mike...congrats to you and your daughter on the punch. I don’t think we’ve had a Civic punch in here...at least not for a long while. Again, congrats!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

Township wants an exorbitant amount of sidewalk repairs and the private walkway to my steps. They even want the driveway apron redone which has no tripping hazards and only slight wear and cracking. They painted giant “X”s all over.

They claim the AC unit was never permitted, but it was on the original SOW for the addition. I left a strong message to the township that I want the inspector to meet with me on the issues.

Oh and we are awaiting the results of the buyer’s home inspection. I’m sure that guy found a dozen things that are pending doom.

I dread that part of finally selling. I think your town is bad. On the local FB page recently someone posted looking for a concrete person ASAP because they were closing in a week, and the town flag some sidewalk sections that were a little chipped on the edges and wouldn't issue the CO until they were replaced. From the pictures, seemed absurd. I guess it is their only way to get stuff made all brand new, by holding your sale hostage.

I am sure if you go around to all the town owned property you will find plenty of defective concrete and paving.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Local guy bought our Legend with just 36K miles, when he saw it at my local shop. ($5K). A year later, I saw it back at the shop. His son had run it over a curb, and broken the front axle. Too expensive to fix. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

I dread that part of finally selling. I think your town is bad. On the local FB page recently someone posted looking for a concrete person ASAP because they were closing in a week, and the town flag some sidewalk sections that were a little chipped on the edges and wouldn't issue the CO until they were replaced. From the pictures, seemed absurd. I guess it is their only way to get stuff made all brand new, by holding your sale hostage.

I am sure if you go around to all the town owned property you will find plenty of defective concrete and paving.
    It’s ridiculous and I’m not going to allow them to bully me. Our sidewalk is very old and was poorly patched. We anticipated that, and budgeted for it.

The apron and private walkway to the front door is not bad at all with some minor edge cracking that is flat and zero trip hazard. Same scenario with the driveway apron.

Yet my neighbor has sidewalks that are 6”+ tripping hazards from a tree.

I told my wife I’ll go to the top of this little s*^+ town if I have to. They did nothing but break my you know what since the day I moved in with the electrical service, the addition permits took forever to get and now this.

Funny story about this town. We have a small family owned car dealer here (you know the one). They practically gave the code enforcer a car as a sign of good faith to the town. As a return for the favor in the same week he gave them a stack of violations.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,976

Yeah, what he said. Why does a breakdown result in someone having to buy a new car?

Sometimes it just ain't worth fixing. :p

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

What kind of smell, coolant or oil? Coolant could be a blown head gasket but that shouldn’t result in smoke under the hood. Might just be an old hose going bad. Oil smoke and smell after a change could be a loose plug or a double gasket oil filter. I’ve done the latter myself after changing oil in the dark.
    It's an oil smell, I had the oil changed about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but due to working from home and having two three alternate forms of transportation it doesn't get much use at the moment so I likely only have 100 miles on it at most since the last oil change. It does have some small fluid leaks which I decided to live with since repairing them would cost more than the car is worth (Chrysler dealers service advisor advised against it due to the age of the car made it not worth the expense). So it could just be a loose plug from the oil change or one of those leaks getting worse.

• Options
    driver100 said:

Here is something to consider, The insurance on our Sebring is with the same insurance that our home is on. The bundling discount on the house is more than the cost of the insurance on the car. So when we get rid of it and drop the insurance our home insurance shoots up more than the amount that we would save from dropping the car.

• Options
    They do it because they can. And when you are selling, it’s like ransomeware on your computer. Your neighbor, not much leverage. And of course, every town has those “connected” people for whom the rules don’t apply.

• Options

driver100 said:

Here is something to consider, The insurance on our Sebring is with the same insurance that our home is on. The bundling discount on the house is more than the cost of the insurance on the car. So when we get rid of it and drop the insurance our home insurance shoots up more than the amount that we would save from dropping the car.
    All your cars aren’t on same policy? Seems odd to me. Maybe I never asked but can’t see how that saves money. So could always move the newer car to that policy!

• Options
    stickguy said:

They do it because they can. And when you are selling, it’s like ransomeware on your computer. Your neighbor, not much leverage. And of course, every town has those “connected” people for whom the rules don’t apply.

Without question they do. It's also way too late to stop now!

I know it will work out, but I'm going down swinging!

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Could be a double gasket on the oil filter. Just spit balling.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    stickguy said:

driver100 said:

All your cars aren’t on same policy? Seems odd to me. Maybe I never asked but can’t see how that saves money. So could always move the newer car to that policy!
    Nope, the Sonata and the BMW are with a separate company and the motorcycle is on a third. We used to have all the cars with the same company that the house is on. When we bought the BMW we took it as an opportunity to shop rates. The company that the other two cars are much less expensive than the company we were with however their homeowners insurance, even with a bundling discount, was more expensive. So we didn't move our homeowners insurance and kept the least expensive car to insure there. It basically makes our overall insurance rates as low as we can make them. I estimate that if we drop the Sebring our insurance costs will increase by around $200 a year.

It would actually be the least costly to keep the Sebring on the policy when we get rid of it than to drop it and move one of the other cars over. Not that I would do that.

• Options
    Our mortgage broker put us in contact with an Insurance agent. For giggles I told her to quote everything new.

Saved over $1200 a year combined home owners and auto. Not bad at all!

• Options
    Almost enough for a shed!

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Things must be different down there. Here the sidewalks are not the homeowners responsibility. That is the city's property and they maintain them (or not).

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options

I makes no sense at all. I looked at her car - it was in very poor condition. Repairing the car would have cost us $5000+, quite a bit of that for labor. With 182,000 on the odometer, the car served her well for 10 years.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563
    stickguy said:

tjc78 said:

True but RHIP.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options

It does not have to result in buying a new car. We looked at several low-mileage pre-owned vehicles and for $6,000 more, she has a brand new car, a 6 year/100,000 mile warranty, and a car that "she" picked out. Her payment is for $329 a month for 75 months. Her credit scores were not good - we were lucky she was able to finance at all. 6.1% is not bad considering her existing debt and scores.

I had thought about paying the whole thing, but that gives her no responsibility for her car and I really can't afford to deplete my capital that much. $8000.00 is enough to help her get to a payment that she can barely manage on her two or three jobs (5-day job during the week and 2-part time jobs over the weekends). I did not want to get the warranty, but since she keeps her cars until they just "die", the extended warranty will provide her with a cushion should anything happen to the car after the Honda warranty is over. The warranty she purchased ($1600) also covers items such as hoses, belts, wipers, etc., above and beyond what Honda warrants. She was the one who wanted the extended warranty, not me.

Bottom line, cdnpinhead, she's my daughter, I love her, and I want her to be as happy as possible!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,563

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

It's an oil smell, I had the oil changed about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but due to working from home and having two three alternate forms of transportation it doesn't get much use at the moment so I likely only have 100 miles on it at most since the last oil change. It does have some small fluid leaks which I decided to live with since repairing them would cost more than the car is worth (Chrysler dealers service advisor advised against it due to the age of the car made it not worth the expense). So it could just be a loose plug from the oil change or one of those leaks getting worse.
    Leaking oil doesn’t smell unless the leak falls on something hot enough to burn it so I’d look for something else. I doubt the drain plug is lose otherwise you’d have oil under the car and probably substantial oil loss. Double gasketing the oil filter causes leaks not burning. Let us know what you find.

Good luck.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited October 2020
    I'm surprised the working parts of the transaxle broke. I thought at first it was a half-shaft and the constant velocity joints that had gone out, a fairly common experience with some drivers and some areas.

Bottom line, cdnpinhead, she's my daughter, I love her, and I want her to be as happy as possible!

The things we do for love:
    Couldn't find a good video from A Chorus Line for this song,
    Shirley Bassey has a fairly good rendition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eml_XI7C69s

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    It's ten years away, but what if my daughter inherited the TTS as her first car? I wonder what the insurance would be? Low because it's a nearly 15 year old car at that point? OR high because she's 16 and driving a speedster? At least she'd inherit all the paint damage she's already caused on the side of the car.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,948
    andres3 said:

At least she'd inherit all the paint damage she's already caused on the side of the car.

Yeah, that’ll learn her! Just mess up something dad loves and he’ll give it to you. Lol.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    ab348 said:

Things must be different down there. Here the sidewalks are not the homeowners responsibility. That is the city's property and they maintain them (or not).

yeah, odd as it sounds, the town puts sidewalks in, but they are the responsibility of whoever's property they are on. You need to repair/replace as needed, and shovel snow. Not that many people actually do.

one reason I purposely tried to avoid houses with sidewalks on my side of the street. Plus all the people that would basically walk on your front lawn! Better off keeping them across the street

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

Leaking oil doesn’t smell unless the leak falls on something hot enough to burn it so I’d look for something else. I doubt the drain plug is lose otherwise you’d have oil under the car and probably substantial oil loss. Double gasketing the oil filter causes leaks not burning. Let us know what you find.

Good luck.

jmonroe

depends on where the filter is. I have had some that were above parts that got hot (or could drip on pieces where the oil could run down to the hot parts).

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    This discussion of sidewalk maintenance is fascinating.

Yes, I am responsible for keeping my section of sidewalk free from snow, but if there is damage to it, I reach out to the HOA and they'll coordinate the repairs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    stickguy said:

yeah, odd as it sounds, the town puts sidewalks in, but they are the responsibility of whoever's property they are on. You need to repair/replace as needed, and shovel snow. Not that many people actually do.

Yes, but with one correction: it is NOT your property, you are just responsible for it. I find the whole concept absurd. I have a runoff basin within my property boundaries. It is I'd say 1/3 of my 4.5 acres. It burns me up that I have to mow the damned thing, BUT I'm grateful it gives me so much buffer from anyone/anything else. :)

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    Here in Ohio I own to the house side of the sidewalk. But I am reponsible for maintaining the sidewalk integrity. The City also accepts from responsibility. Every 5 years the city inspects sidewalks and curb and driveway up to the home side of the sidewalk, the edge of the cartway width (the street and sides). Marks them. And gives homeowner months to get them repaired

OR

the city has a contractor chosen and paid by the city do the repair and then bills the homeowner. That is usually cheaper than having another contractor do it. The city does the summer maintenance in 5 zones, so every 5 years our stuff is inspected and brought up to snuff. Good. That contractor spends the whole spring, summer, and fall doing driveway aprons, sidewalk strips, and curbs in that zone.

The City a couple decades ago had someone go around with a shovel to level the expansion joint material that stuck up between lengths of sidewalk. A lady tripped on one sticking up and sued the city (and a neighbor). Money grubber actually.

The City also tested concrete leveling by having a company inject cement under sidewalk strips that had sunk. Paid by city rather than homeowner to repair drooping sidewalks. (Didn't work very well, except ours is still great after being lifted.)

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options

The City also tested concrete leveling by having a company inject cement under sidewalk strips that had sunk. Paid by city rather than homeowner to repair drooping sidewalks. (Didn't work very well, except ours is still great after being lifted.)

So your sidewalks got botox. Now THAT is a fancy neighborhood!

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

Good luck.

jmonroe

Well As I stated in my original post there was a bit of smoke coming up from under the hood. So whatever was leaking was hitting something hot. And what I saw under the car looked like oil and had the consistency of oil so maybe it wasn't oil. Damn it Jim, I'm an accountant not a mechanic.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    What's interesting is that I don't live in an incorporated town; the development our house is a part of has created an entity known as a "Metropolitan District" with the state. Sort of like a super-HOA, with the ability to levy property taxes. Law enforcement is provided by the county sheriff.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    Interesting goings-on over at the Glass House in Dearborn today, as new Ford CEO Jim Farley replaced the CFO on his first day on the job:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/10/01/ford-ceo-jim-farley-replaces-cfo-tim-stone-john-lawler-shakeup/5877284002/
    First of all, Farley replaced the relatively new Chief Financial Officer Tim Stone with Ford veteran John Lawler, 54, effective immediately. Lawler will oversee the finance and Ford Motor Credit operations. Stone accepted a job at ASAPPInc., an artificial intelligence software company.

Former CEO Jim Hackett announced the hiring of Stone, 53, who had no automotive experience, in March 2019, despite Stone's controversial departure from his previous employer where he reportedly went around the CEO to seek a pay raise that was denied.

Ford retained former CFO Bob Shanks, who officially retired, on the payroll while also paying Stone. Ford explained at the time that it was to assist with transition; Stone was hired in April 2019 and assumed the job two months later.The company ended up paying the CFO and former CFO more than $8 million each that year, according to its regulatory filings. The company confirmed Thursday that the "employee advisor" role ended for Shanks at the end of 2019.

On Feb. 4, when reporting that annual profits plunged from $3.7 billion one year earlier, Tim Stone characterized the company's financial performance as "not OK."

In 2019, the cumulative compensation for the six top executives at Ford Motor Co. — $70 million — exceeded the automaker's annual net income of $47 million, a year that included pension payments, global restructuring costs, a botched Ford Explorer launch and billions in warranty costs.

A harsh assessment of outgoing CEO Jim Hackett, the ex-Steelcase furniture exec:
    Change brings relief to those who want to see Ford succeed, McElroy said. "Jim Farley is putting his stamp down and saying, 'I'm running the show.' This fits with everything everyone has been saying about Jim Hackett for the last three years. The guy was not a leader. He never really marshaled the troops to follow behind him. He communicated in very ambiguous and gauzy ways that left people wondering where the company was really headed."

"Other than that, he has been a disaster," McElroy said. "From 2014 to 2019, the U.S. auto industry enjoyed the golden age. We have never seen so many years of back-to-back rising sales and unbelievable profits and Ford turned in an absolutely mediocre performance. Jim Hackett never got control of the company because he never understood what was going on there."

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    sda said:

abacomike said:

stickguy said:

You’re a good dad.
    Ditto on the good dad.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options

Mike...congrats to you and your daughter on the punch. I don’t think we’ve had a Civic punch in here...at least not for a long while. Again, congrats!

She originally did not even want to drive a civic coupe - she wanted something more equivalent to the old Honda Accord Coupe which she was used to. After driving an Accord Sedan and a CR-V along with a few pre-owned vehicles. which she said were were way too big for her, she decided to try out the Civic Coupe anyway. Once she started driving it, she said it was almost as big as her old Accord Coupe - Honda has increased the size of the Civic since she last drove one 10 years ago.

This "selection" of a vehicle took a lot of strength from this aging body (3 hours) and we hadn't even begun the pricing, let alone the Finance process, which took whatever was left of my strength and patience.

As to your comment about this being the first Honda Civic "punch" here, there is a reason for that - which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver? I have driven in this one where my knees were almost touching my lips while sitting in the front passenger seat! That poor salesman had to sit in the rear seat! But for a 50 year old woman/daughter who is fairly slim and stands 5'5" tall in her sneakers - it was perfect.🤓😜🤪

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @snakeweasel,
    Maybe some quick drying cement will work for you too. ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    abacomike said:

. . . which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver?

Well, if my TSX were totalled tomorrow (assuming I wasn't), a Civic of some sort would certainly be on my short list as a replacement. I can still get a manual transmission, and it has enough gee-gaws to meet my modest needs. Probably Mazda would be in there too, but there's not much else.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options

abacomike said:

. . . which one of us being of sound mind and in love with our God-given precious bodies would buy or lease a Civic Coupe (one of us guys who live and breathe cars as a hobby) for themselves as a daily driver?

Well, if my TSX were totalled tomorrow (assuming I wasn't), a Civic of some sort would certainly be on my short list as a replacement. I can still get a manual transmission, and it has enough gee-gaws to meet my modest needs. Probably Mazda would be in there too, but there's not much else.

I tried to interest her in a Mazda - even a VW or a Toyota, but her mind was set on a Honda.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    probably good to stick with Honda Mike. Not like she was fixated on getting a FIAT!

there really aren't a lot of normal smaller cars with sticks. You can get a more sports edged model (Si, GTI, WRX) but getting to be slim pickings if you want smaller wheels, more compliant suspension, etc.