Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lease Questions - Ask Here

Comments

• brianabriana Posts: 24
    I know this truck just came out, but is there anything out there as far as money factor/residual for the H3? The H3 comes nicely equipped for about 35-36K, I was wondering what I'd be looking at lease wise.

Also interested in the Grand Cherokee Limited as well, do you have a current money factor/residual on that? Thanks for the help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 122,984
    Well... at least he was honest about it, later..

Of course, if he had just said "$1700 over is what it will take", instead of sneaking in the other $200, it would have been more upfront.

Don't feel bad.. Probably 3/4 of BMW dealers operate this way...

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,315
    I don't feel bad especially with the "fire sale" lease on the 545. I am strictly a BMW 3 man but I just can't resist 2.4% money.(1.8% if I put down 5 security deposits). When you get a great lease deal, you can't quibble over 200 bucks.
    The dealer jumped at my deal. They really have to get rid of those 545's.
    I have just one more dealer to "play" to see if I can get invoice + $1000-$1300. Several weeks ago, I told this dealer I was more interested in a 2006 330i than a 2005 545 and you should have seen his face drop!
    The first dealer was honest because I knew enough to confront him after quickly looking up some of your previous posts on the 5 boards in which you indicate the acquisition fee is $625. I immediately called him back and confronted him about the extra $200 but he was determined to keep it in there.
    You are correct. He was honest about it "later."
    I would also roll the acquisition fee into the cap. cost as you suggest.
    By the way the car I want must be ordered because of my options. Do you know when the cut-off is for putting in an order on a 2005 545?
    Thanks,
    hpowders
  • hbomberhbomber Posts: 17
    All depends who you leased the vehicle through. I could give you some idea if it's a company I know their guidelines.

You can always get the vehicle fixed on your own, inspectors can tell where previous repairs were, that is fine as long as they are not poor repairs.
  • hbomberhbomber Posts: 17
    Thanks car man, this didn't sound right to me as well. I kept asking for the specifics but they would not give me anything in writing. I was more curious on what the MF they were actually using. Considering I want to take part in the s-plan, I would have thought they would treat me better, but the two mazda dealers I have been to irked me. I just figure they are trying to make up money in f&i.
  • alleraallera Posts: 3
    Car_man-

I'm looking at a G35 but am unsure whether to purchase or lease the vehicle. I'd probably only keep it for 3 years and then either sell it or turn it in and step up to a family car/suv at that time. Can you help narrow down my decision? Assume 3.75% for purchasing. Ideally, I'd like to get my payments as low as possible.

2005 G35 Coupe 6MT w/ premium package + aero + nav unit
    MSRP: 38,960

I'd like to get it under $35k, but unsure how successful I'll be. Can you give me information based on MSRP? I can probably modify your information for whatever price I can get out of them. Is there anywhere I can go to see what other people are getting a similar G35 for? I noticed you had a link like that for Lexus.

Thanks!!
  • crj1crj1 Posts: 70
    The $2500.00 is CCR, it should be available in St. louis but I will not know for sure until I can check at work Monday.
  • glockfanglockfan Posts: 30
    CRJ1,
    My dealer in GA says it is not available...Please check and see if it is available. Thanks
  • ckigginsckiggins Posts: 68
    Does anyone have experience leasing through Sam's Club car buying service? If so, how did it work out?
  • olysanolysan Posts: 16
    Thanks in advance for checking this out crj1. Probably a dumb question, but what does CCR stand for?

Mike
    CAPITALIZED COST REDUCTION/DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE: THIS ALLOWANCE
    MUST BE UTILIZED TO REDUCE THE CAPITALIZED COST OF THE GMAC SMARTLEASE
    CONTRACT OR THE AMOUNT TO FINANCE FOR GMAC SMARTBUY CONTRACTS. THIS
    ALLOWANCE MAY NOT BE OFFERED AS CASH TO THE CUSTOMER.

THIS PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE ON DELIVERIES TO RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING
    STATES AND COUNTIES WITHIN THE NORTH CENTRAL REGION ONLY:

STATES:
    KENTUCKY
    MICHIGAN
    OHIO
    PENNSYLVANIA

COUNTIES IN THE STATE OF INDIANA:
    ADAMS ELKHART JAY NOBLE SULLIVAN
    ALLEN FAYETTE JENNINGS OHIO SWITZERLAND
    BARTHOLOMEW FOUNTAIN JOHNSON ORANGE TIPPECANOE
    BLACKFORD FRANKLIN KNOX OWEN TIPTON
    BOONE FULTON KOSCIUSKO PARKE UNION
    BROWN GIBSON LAGRANGE PIKE VERMILLION
    CARROLL GRANT LAWRENCE PULASKI VIGO
    CASS GREENE MADISON PUTNAM WABASH
    CLAY HAMILTON MARION RANDOLPH WASHINGTON
    CLINTON HANCOCK MARSHALL RIPLEY WAYNE
    DAVIESS HENDRICKS MARTIN RUSH WELLS
    DE KALB HENRY MIAMI SHELBY WHITLEY
    DEARBORN HOWARD MONROE ST. JOSEPH
    DECATUR HUNTINGTON MONTGOMERY STARKE
    DELAWARE JACKSON MORGAN STEUBEN

COUNTY IN NEW YORK:
    CHAUTAUQUA

COUNTY IN WEST VIRGINIA:
    HANCOCK
    ELIGIBLE MODELS: SELECT ELIGIBLE NEW AND UNUSED GENERAL MOTORS
    MODELS LISTED BELOW:

2006 MODELS
    PONTIAC-GMC: ALLOWANCE:
    # G6 $1000

2005 MODELS
    BUICK: ALLOWANCE:
    LACROSSE $1000
    RAINIER $1500
    RENDEZVOUS $1500

CADILLAC:
    CTS $1500
    CTS-V $1500
    ESCALADE SUV $3000
    ESCALADE ESV $3000
    ESCALADE EXT $3000

CHEVROLET:
    MALIBU $1000
    MALIBU MAXX $1000
    IMPALA $1000
    MONTE CARLO $1000
    SILVERADO $1500
    AVALANCHE $1500
    EQUINOX $1000
    TRAILBLAZER $1500
    TRAILBLAZER EXT $1250
    TAHOE $2500
    SUBURBAN $2500

HUMMER:
    H2 (ALL MODELS) $3000

PONTIAC-GMC:
    G6 $1000
    GRAND PRIX $1000
    SIERRA $1500
    ENVOY $1500
    ENVOY DENALI $1500
    ENVOY XL $1250
    ENVOY XL DENALI $1250
    ENVOY XUV $1250
    YUKON $2500
    YUKON DENALI $2500
    YUKON XL $2500
    YUKON XL DENALI $2500
  • CRJ1,

I'm in the Chicago area -- my understanding is that this is in the North Central Region and I should have these GMAC capitalized cost reductions available to me. Can you confirm?

If I understand correctly, as an example, I should be able to lease a GMC Envoy XL Denali for the GM Employee Discount Price, less the $2,500 cash allowance, less the $1,250 capitalized cost reduction for a lease? Or is it the Employee Discount Price less the $1,250?
  • olysanolysan Posts: 16
    Thanks crj1. That $2500 would have been enough to seal the deal, but I guess I'm still shopping.
  • rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    ......... Yikes ....!

Cut the caps ..... your going to blow Carman right off his chair ......

Terry.
    The $2,500 cash allowance is only on a purchase, you get the $1250.00 plus GM discount.
    Sorry but I cut and pasted that and was not going to change it all.
  • kayak2kayak2 Posts: 1
    Car_Man:
    Thanks so much for hosting this board; it is really helpful. Could you give me your thoughts on the following proposed lease from a dealer:
    2006 BMW 325I, Automatic, Metallic Paint and Power Seats-
    MSRP- $33,740
    Purchase Price- $33,240.00+ttt

36 month Lease= $515.31+tax w/12K miles/year w/ $1,009.38 total down.
    Money Factor=.00290
    Residual= 63% or $21,256.20.

Thanks!
  • Car_Man,
    Hi, I posted a few days ago about a Navigator , but I didn't get a response. ( Believe me I understand, you're crazy busy! )
    I was wondering if you could help me out.
    Here's what I need ( thanks in advance so much! )

05 Navi Ultimate 4x2, no navigation. ( Why would a Navigator need Navigation, after all? )
    36 Month residual & MF. 12k miles per year.

Plus here's what I have so far.
    MSRP 54695
    Sale Price 44000
    Seems good to me - whaddaya think?
    Also I'm in Texas, and apparently on Navigators here right now, you don't pay the regular 6.25% tax, you just pay some 1.2% state fee. I dont understand that, but I like it. Ever here of it?
    Thank you!!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    Just an FYI, car_man is without access for a few days, but can respond to your post when he returns. In the meantime, we have many informed members who give excellent advice on leasing, so check for their responses. You can also use the make/model search tools at the left to find the "prices paid & buying experience" discussion about the particular make/model you're interested in, and post there for other member opinions.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Thanks Kirstie_h . I hope Car_man returns soon, as he'll be missed by many! Poor guy gets abused by us I think.
    I'll be looking forward to another friendly members response as well though.

I did look up the Prices Paid for the Navi, but didn't find much recent info, so I figured I'd double check here. I'm happy with the price , so it's no biggie if there's no feedback on that front.

Thanks!
    Rest assured that car_man will return soon! Just didn't want you to think that your questions are being ignored.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• paul138paul138 Posts: 31
    Kirstie,

if you want to take a look at my question that would be great.
    page 1062 #21213
    thanks,
    Paul
  • Does anyone have any experience (in Connecticut) with selling a leased vehicle to a third party? Here's the deal:

1. Volkswagen does not allow lease transfers in the last 8 months of the lease or something like that. (I remember checking and seeing I was past whatever deadline they had).

2. I have someone who is willing to buy the car for what I owe on the vehicle (residual, remaining payments, etc.). Basically, I net out 0 and get out of the lease early. win-win.

If they were to buy the car, would it be taxed twice due to it being two transactions? The first being VW charging me for tax on the residual (which, apparantly in CT needs to be assesd when the title is transferred from the lien holder, VW, to me) and the second being upon transfer of title from me to the people who just paid for it.

I have yet to contact the DMV (tomorrow I'll do it), but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts or experience on this.

Thanks in advance,
  • sumosamasumosama Posts: 4
    Howdy! New here, so please be patient!

Wanting to lease an LR3. Nothing down. 750 + fico. Sticker price is $54,945. We have an x-plan price of $52,039. Plenty of income.

What type of money factor should I expect?

(I keep getting quotes of 0.00329 or so, which seems really high! I would hate to get a great deal, then get hosed on the financing!!!)
    Yeah it is really high. To get the interest rate you are being charged, just multiply the money factor by 2400 which in your case becomes 7.896%
    If I were you, I would click on "Forums" and then click on "Land Rover" and then go to the "Land Rover LR3, Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" thread.
    People there may be able to tell you if .00329 is about right for this vehicle or whether the dealer has padded it for extra profit.
    Re-post what you wrote here, over there.
  • sumosamasumosama Posts: 4
    many, many thanks!
    Anytime! :)
    Paul, you really don't want me to do that - I know little to nothing about leasing!

• paul138paul138 Posts: 31
    oh ok,then i will just wait till the car.man returns...thanks
    Anyone out there know if a $399 document fee on a BMWFS lease is legitimate or is the salesman just padding the deal by $399?
This discussion has been closed.