Wrangler lease calculation help please?

LanaNHLanaNH Member Posts: 3
edited May 12 in Jeep
Hello. I'm working with a dealer to estimate lease numbers on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4. I've tried to calculate the payments using information I've found in this forum, but I am coming up with very different numbers than they are. Could I ask for help understanding the dealer's calculation?
MSRP $51,595
Fees $1094
Total sales price $52,689
For a $0 down lease, 3yr/36k, he's giving me a residual value of $35,601 and monthly payment of $774.
I'm coming up with something closer to $692.77, using 0.675 RV and 0.00246 MF. (I'm in 03865.)
Can you help me understand his calculation, and the error of my ways?
Thank you!!

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 200,786
    LanaNH said:

    Hello. I'm working with a dealer to estimate lease numbers on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4. I've tried to calculate the payments using information I've found in this forum, but I am coming up with very different numbers than they are. Could I ask for help understanding the dealer's calculation?
    MSRP $51,595
    Fees $1094
    Total sales price $52,689
    For a $0 down lease, 3yr/36k, he's giving me a residual value of $35,601 and monthly payment of $774.
    I'm coming up with something closer to $692.77, using 0.675 RV and 0.00246 MF. (I'm in 03865.)
    Can you help me understand his calculation, and the error of my ways?
    Thank you!!

    The residual you've given is 69% of MSRP, not 67.5%
    Where did you get the money factor?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • LanaNHLanaNH Member Posts: 3
    I got it from the Edmunds lease calculator, using Fair credit.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 200,786
    LanaNH said:

    I got it from the Edmunds lease calculator, using Fair credit.

    Unfortunately, you can't go by that. We don't know the Standard MF for the Wrangler, this month (though, that may not be far off)

    But, your calculation method seems correct, as I get nearly the same payment.
    Ask the dealer for the actual money factor used. If you have "fair" credit, the MF could be a lot higher than you think,

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • LanaNHLanaNH Member Posts: 3
    kyfdx said:

    LanaNH said:

    I got it from the Edmunds lease calculator, using Fair credit.

    Unfortunately, you can't go by that. We don't know the Standard MF for the Wrangler, this month (though, that may not be far off)

    But, your calculation method seems correct, as I get nearly the same payment.
    Ask the dealer for the actual money factor used. If you have "fair" credit, the MF could be a lot higher than you think,
    Is there a way to estimate what impact your credit score may have on a MF, assuming we know what the standard MF is?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 196,324
    LanaNH said:

    kyfdx said:

    LanaNH said:

    I got it from the Edmunds lease calculator, using Fair credit.

    Unfortunately, you can't go by that. We don't know the Standard MF for the Wrangler, this month (though, that may not be far off)

    But, your calculation method seems correct, as I get nearly the same payment.
    Ask the dealer for the actual money factor used. If you have "fair" credit, the MF could be a lot higher than you think,
    Is there a way to estimate what impact your credit score may have on a MF, assuming we know what the standard MF is?
    We don’t have the standard MF values for May, at this time.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 200,786
    LanaNH said:

    kyfdx said:

    LanaNH said:

    I got it from the Edmunds lease calculator, using Fair credit.

    Unfortunately, you can't go by that. We don't know the Standard MF for the Wrangler, this month (though, that may not be far off)

    But, your calculation method seems correct, as I get nearly the same payment.
    Ask the dealer for the actual money factor used. If you have "fair" credit, the MF could be a lot higher than you think,
    Is there a way to estimate what impact your credit score may have on a MF, assuming we know what the standard MF is?
    Last month, Tier 3 added .00181 to the Standard MF for Tier 1. That's a substantial increase to an already substantial money factor.
    That said, no idea what score correlates to what tier.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.