Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2021 BMW X5 xDrive45e Prices Paid

aj125aj125 Member Posts: 24
edited August 2020 in BMW
Hi
I am interested to know what people are paying/have paid for 2021 BMW X5 xDrive45e.
Also, in general is leasing BMW's better than owning? If yes why?

If anybody in northern California knows a dealer who offers best prices please share your experiences.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    aj125 said:

Hi
    I am interested to know what people are paying/have paid for 2021 BMW X5 xDrive45e.
    Also, in general is leasing BMW's better than owning? If yes why?

If anybody in northern California knows a dealer who offers best prices please share your experiences.

TIA

It's a brand new model; I'm not sure how much pricing data exists, to this date.

If your intention is to keep the car longer than the lease term, then it's better to buy it from the start.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    lawmaniaclawmaniac Member Posts: 16
    dealers are crazy. 0 discount and 0 incentives. making this car in the range of 1200 a month!!!! a joke.
  • Options
    Foothills19Foothills19 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the same boat, and I'm in northern CA also. I'm torn between leasing and buying, especially with the $7500 tax credit.
  • Options
    lawmaniac said:

dealers are crazy. 0 discount and 0 incentives. making this car in the range of 1200 a month!!!! a joke.

I'm in the same boat, and I'm in northern CA also. I'm torn between leasing and buying, especially with the $7500 tax credit.

New vehicle, high demand.

Is it any surprise that dealers are looking to make money while they can, on this model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    aj125aj125 Member Posts: 24

I am not in a rush but if the price is right I might go for it. Please let me know if you end up getting a good offer.

Thanks.
  • Options
    lawmaniaclawmaniac Member Posts: 16
    What are the September lease and buy incentives and Residual on 12k mile ?
  • Options
    lawmaniac said:

What are the September lease and buy incentives and Residual on 12k mile ?

What is your location?
    What lease term?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    whazzupNJwhazzupNJ Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020
    What is October Lease/Buy incentives, residual, money factor for 07724 (Central NJ). 36, 12k or 15k How is the federal tax credit applied (or not) in a lease deal? Thank you!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,328
    whazzupNJ said:

What is October Lease/Buy incentives, residual, money factor for 07724 (Central NJ). 36, 12k or 15k How is the federal tax credit applied (or not) in a lease deal? Thank you!

36/15
    .00099 MF and 53% residual

There is no Federal Tax Credit for a lessee.

Finance
    0.90% APR finance for 60 months, with $2500 to the dealer
    Cash
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

whazzupNJ said:

36/15
    .00099 MF and 53% residual

There is no Federal Tax Credit for a lessee.

Finance
    0.90% APR finance for 60 months, with $2500 to the dealer
    Cash
    No incentives
    ^^^these are the September numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Someone’s getting the tax credit. Is that not shared with lessee in some way?
  • Options
    whazzupNJ said:

The bank gets the tax credit. The bank can choose to pass it along as an incentive or (in this case) with a higher residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    twitchicktwitchick Member Posts: 12
    Purchase and get $7,500 federal credit.
  • Options
    Just an update. Received bid from dealer and it's just way off base. No dealer discounts on lease or purchase aside from a small "rebate". Walked. I'm glad people are lining up to pay full price.
  • Options
    td_califtd_calif Member Posts: 21
    For advertised BMW financing rates (currently 0.9% for ‘21 X5 45e), do BMW dealers make a margin or profit from the financing itself if buyers opt to finance vs pay cash for the negotiated sale price ... if so how much do dealers typically make on a 0.9% financing? Asked differently, if advertised rate is 0.9% does that mean BMW is offering a lower ‘buy rate’ to dealers that is below the 0.9% paid by customer?
  • Options
    td_calif said:

For advertised BMW financing rates (currently 0.9% for ‘21 X5 45e), do BMW dealers make a margin or profit from the financing itself if buyers opt to finance vs pay cash for the negotiated sale price ... if so how much do dealers typically make on a 0.9% financing? Asked differently, if advertised rate is 0.9% does that mean BMW is offering a lower ‘buy rate’ to dealers that is below the 0.9% paid by customer?

I've lost the 45e model numbers, temporarily

On other models, I only see 1.9% APR financing.

Generally, if the rate is 0.9% APR or lower, you can bet that is the base rate, with no markup.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    td_califtd_calif Member Posts: 21
    Anyone seeing better deals in California on ‘21 X5 45e than $2500 below invoice plus additional $2500 bmw purchase incentive plus $750 loyalty (~ $5750 below invoice net of incentives)? Dealers claiming inventories low but sales also low on new vehicles with glut of off lease used market.

Also, does anyone know where BMW stands on its 200k vehicle quota for the federal tax credit per vehicle ... is there still capacity for new buyers to qualify for full $7500 tax credit on 45e (assuming enough income to use tax credit)?
  • Options
    peroz18peroz18 Member Posts: 69
    td_calif said:

Anyone seeing better deals in California on ‘21 X5 45e than $2500 below invoice plus additional $2500 bmw purchase incentive plus $750 loyalty (~ $5750 below invoice net of incentives)? Dealers claiming inventories low but sales also low on new vehicles with glut of off lease used market.

Also, does anyone know where BMW stands on its 200k vehicle quota for the federal tax credit per vehicle ... is there still capacity for new buyers to qualify for full $7500 tax credit on 45e (assuming enough income to use tax credit)?

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/irc-30d-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-vehicle-credit-quarterly-sales
  • Options
    chrisch70chrisch70 Member Posts: 46
    What are MF/Residual for a 2021 X5 45e in Maryland. Any additional incentives. Looking for 36/12. Thanks.
  • Options
    chrisch70 said:

What are MF/Residual for a 2021 X5 45e in Maryland. Any additional incentives. Looking for 36/12. Thanks.

I've lost the 45e model numbers, temporarily

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mikeletimikeleti Member Posts: 49
    Hi Michaell
    Do you have December numbers for X5 45e in 07628??
    And a question:
    How is the Federal Tax Rebate factored into a lease, only available to Buyer so the Lease Company gets it??

Thanks
    Mike
  • Options
    peroz18peroz18 Member Posts: 69
    Michaell said:

whazzupNJ said:

The bank gets the tax credit. The bank can choose to pass it along as an incentive or (in this case) with a higher residual.
    @mikeleti Here's the answer to the tax rebate quesiton.
  • Options
    mikeleti said:

Hi Michaell
    Do you have December numbers for X5 45e in 07628??
    And a question:
    How is the Federal Tax Rebate factored into a lease, only available to Buyer so the Lease Company gets it??

Thanks
    Mike

36/15
    .00082 MF and 52% residual
    $500 lease credit

Yes, the lease company gets the tax credit

There may be state incentives on plug-in hybrids that you would be eligible for.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Ffarsad2Ffarsad2 Member Posts: 18
    Can I please have the Residual, MF & Incentive figures for 2020 & 2021 X5 Hybrid 36M 12K zip code 92679
  • Options
    Ffarsad2 said:

Can I please have the Residual, MF & Incentive figures for 2020 & 2021 X5 Hybrid 36M 12K zip code 92679

.00086 MF and 54% residual
    $500 lease credit

2020 model discussion

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sherbournedrsherbournedr Member Posts: 31
    Going to the dealer today as they took delivery of the xDrive45e I specked. MSRP of my build is $83,095 with destination. Can I get the latest lease terms for 36 months and 10k/year zip code 90230?
  • Options

Going to the dealer today as they took delivery of the xDrive45e I specked. MSRP of my build is $83,095 with destination. Can I get the latest lease terms for 36 months and 10k/year zip code 90230?

.00093 MF and 53% RV
    No incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thank you, Michaell. I am going this morning as yesterday did not pan out. I will share my final deal here for everyone. Last question for you, on a purchase, what are you seeing as the base rate for 60 month financing, dealer is telling me 1.9% and is quoting $2,500 below invoice price. Are there additional incentives to be had? Someone on this thread mentioned $2500 BMW Purchase Incentive and $750 BMW Customer Loyalty, should I look for this as well? Thank you.
  • Options

Thank you, Michaell. I am going this morning as yesterday did not pan out. I will share my final deal here for everyone. Last question for you, on a purchase, what are you seeing as the base rate for 60 month financing, dealer is telling me 1.9% and is quoting $2,500 below invoice price. Are there additional incentives to be had? Someone on this thread mentioned $2500 BMW Purchase Incentive and $750 BMW Customer Loyalty, should I look for this as well? Thank you.

.9% APR for 60 months and $2000 purchase incentive.
    $1000 loyalty and $1500 CA Clean Fuel Reward

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Got the car yesterday and I LOVE it. Thanks to Michael and the Edmunds community I knew to not settle for the 1.9% rate presented on 60 months financing and got 0.9%. Also, thanks to everyone I knew to ask for the Purchase Rebate aka APR Credit of $2,000 and Loyalty Rebate of $1,000. In addition I received the $1,500 CA Clean Fuel Reward as Michael mentions above. That is $4,500 below invoice. This one is fully loaded to the max at MSRP of $83,095 - received $5,235 dealer savings and $4,500 in rebates for a selling price of $73,360 (88.2% of MSRP) + I will receive a $7,500 Fed Tax Credit bringing the effective price down to $65,860 (79.2% of MSRP). I asked the finance manager who said most buyers have no idea where to research this information and do not come prepared, which I find sad. I am glad Edmunds forums are around to have helped me now with my 3rd vehicle in a row. Thank you all.
  • Options

Got the car yesterday and I LOVE it. Thanks to Michael and the Edmunds community I knew to not settle for the 1.9% rate presented on 60 months financing and got 0.9%. Also, thanks to everyone I knew to ask for the Purchase Rebate aka APR Credit of $2,000 and Loyalty Rebate of $1,000. In addition I received the $1,500 CA Clean Fuel Reward as Michael mentions above. That is $4,500 below invoice. This one is fully loaded to the max at MSRP of $83,095 - received $5,235 dealer savings and $4,500 in rebates for a selling price of $73,360 (88.2% of MSRP) + I will receive a $7,500 Fed Tax Credit bringing the effective price down to $65,860 (79.2% of MSRP). I asked the finance manager who said most buyers have no idea where to research this information and do not come prepared, which I find sad. I am glad Edmunds forums are around to have helped me now with my 3rd vehicle in a row. Thank you all.

Congrats!

Glad to hear everything worked out better than expected.

Thanks for the report.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    br_bmwbr_bmw Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Looking to buy BMW X5 45e . Current X5 owner and are there any recommendations for buying in New Jersey. The last deal by Sherbounder is great but any such deals in NJ.

Thanks
  • Options
    br_bmwbr_bmw Member Posts: 2
    It appears no action for New Jersey