Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What's wrong with my car

IFDIFD Member Posts: 1
edited January 2022 in Chevrolet
ok so my car would not start no sound. replaced fuses for starter and oil sensor was fine and everything was functioning fine. I was driving and the car randomly shut off no weird sounds nothing. the message screen said low oil pressure but the oil pump is indeed good. I checked my oil and found this. radiator is new and has all new hoses. also isn't spittin out codes. everything was checked a week ago and everything was clean and functional, was running smooth but after that I checked to see the oil and check the radiator and this was in both a weird brown sludge, the oil was replaces 3 weeks ago at best. What is going on?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    I've seen that in cars that have the PVC system clogged.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244

Mixing of incompatible coolants can cause the additives to “drop out” of the solution and form radiator sludge or slime. Contaminated coolant: A bad head gasket or cracked cylinder head can allow oil and coolant to mix, resulting in sludge.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    BelAlliBelAlli Member Posts: 11

The head gasket broken and the coolant in oil. What is in the cooling system?