Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,951

That game was a farce. Once again, refs carried the Chiefs on their backs. I’d love to see a fairly called game for just once this season.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    jmonroe1 said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

————————————————-
    I knew you’d like that.

The Steelers are so far from being there, even if I was good at math I still couldn’t count all the pieces they would need to get there.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

jmonroe
    Thx buddy!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    ab348 said:

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

Boo. that shark has been jumped multiple times. They need to go away, take Taylor and all the Mahomes/Reid commercials with them!
    stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

Boo. that shark has been jumped multiple times. They need to go away, take Taylor and all the Mahomes/Reid commercials with them!
    I don’t pull for the Chiefs but acknowledge that Mahomes is a tremendous talent and Reid is a good coach. But the entire thing with Swift and all of the Kelces needs to go away, stat. I find Taylor’s BF an arrogant, obnoxious boor.
    I would be too if Taylor Swift was my significant other. :)
    But for now I am just humble me. :D

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366
    I had a very enjoyable weekend; Friday my wife and I took an overnight trip to Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill. We stayed in a nice suite in one of the historic buildings and had dinner at their excellent restaurant. I drove the Wrangler and I continue to be impressed at how comfortable it is for longer trips.
    I managed to catch several showers of the Rolex 24 at Daytona. The Captain collected an overall win his first since 1969. The GTP Porsches were very impressive. BMW scored a P3 in GTD Pro while a Mercedes-AMG won in GTD. If a BMW or a Mercedes-AMG isn't on the top step I'd prefer to see a Ferrari or Porsche triumph, so overall I really enjoyed the race.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    stickguy said:

got an email from the SSA that my statement was ready, so got ambitious and went to play around in the site with the calculators. Turns out that working longer will only up the monthly by about $12. Now I am sorry we are still spending money instead of just retiring! Not that the benefit would start for a while (shooting for 67) but less incentive to keep adding new years to the list. a wedding, trip to Europe, and a kids wedding this year though takes care of any thought about going sooner! Plus that pesky issue of what to live on until SS kicks in.

Working part-time is worse. In the 7+ years since I retired from my “real” job, my income has not added a single dollar to my base earnings for SS. 😕

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

Nice to see some hate drifting west from New England...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    venture said:

Our vacuum was working, but not as well as it should have been. We also have a small one for hard to reach places. It never did well.

So off we went looking for a vacuum. Stopped at Target - not much to choose from. Stopped at Lowes on the way home and they had a nice selection. We got a Shark upright as well as a Shark cordless stick vacuum.

When we got home, I plugged in the cordless and let it charge overnight. This morning Mrs. venture started vacuuming in the breakfast room to see how it worked. She was amazed how much crapola it picked up from a carpet that was just vacuumed two days ago.

She likes it so much that we may return the upright. Time will tell.

We've become addicted to robot vacs, now have 3. Favorite is probably the original Eufy, low enough to get under things and relatively smart and quiet. Next is the iRobot I bought for Xmas, taller, also somewhat intelligent. In between, a Shark which is just a brute, no noticeable intelligence!
    But, they all do a decent job of in-between full size vacuum cleaning.

Of course, we've named each:
    Eufy is Rosie
    iRobot is Isaac
    Shark is Bruce

All for obvious reasons.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

Thankfully, sour grapes and a few sore losers are just a small part of the game.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,566

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

————————————————-
    I have a question for you .

Is there any truth to the rumor floating around southwestern PA that the Patriots are going to petition the NFL for a division realignment so that they can get into the AFC North Division so they can play the Steelers twice a year since the Patriot’s own them?

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    houdini1 said:

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

Thankfully, sour grapes and a few sore losers are just a small part of the game.
    ————————————————-
    I can barely remember the days when folks in southwestern PA knew what that felt like.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,324
    A new twist on cutting the cord. :#
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9glBiIAPpI
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options

————————————————
    Damn, why didn’t I think of that? That could be almost as profitable as cheating on my taxes.

jmonroe
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

People stink. You never see a dog stealing electric wire to scrap.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

————————————————-
    I have a question for you .

Is there any truth to the rumor floating around southwestern PA that the Patriots are going to petition the NFL for a division realignment so that they can get into the AFC North Division so they can play the Steelers twice a year since the Patriot’s own them?

jmonroe
    Past performance is no guarantee of future results...
    And give up regularly playing The Jets?!

• Options
    houdini1 said:

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

We love underdogs. We love winners. We hate dynasties of which we're not a part of/fans.

• Options

houdini1 said:

stickguy said:

houdini1 said:

CHIEFS !!!!

We love underdogs. We love winners. We hate dynasties of which we're not a part of/fans.
    ————————————————-
    Yep, you’d have to be there or have been there to truly understand that.

jmonroe

• Options
    edited January 29
    @jmonroe1 You are going to be proud of me.
    I fixed that flapper but the water would run for about 8 seconds every 2 hours, to fill it up.
    Nothing helped. The Korky's I bought came in a set of 3, the first one was leaking badly, the 2nd one is the one that leaked every 2 hours, but the 3rd one in the package works perfect.
    I bought a back up one but this time I'll try a Fluid Master...it seems to be stronger and it got way more positive reviews.
    I may become a regular DIYer. :D Do you need help with your fixer uppers?

• Options
    edited January 29
    driver100 said:

I fixed that flapper but the water would run for about 8 seconds every 2 hours, to fill it up.
    Nothing helped. The Korky's I bought came in a set of 3, the first one was leaking badly, the 2nd one is the one that leaked every 2 hours, but the 3rd one in the package works perfect.
    I bought a back up one but this time I'll try a Fluid Master...it seems to be stronger and it got way more positive reviews.

————————————————-
    Thanks but no thanks.

Next time see if they package any DIY guys you can take home.

EDIT: I forgot to mention if you have that many flappers that are giving you a problem, that is very unusual. Be sure to clean the seat before installing the flapper and check the seat to make sure it’s not pitted. If it is pitted that is a much more involved job to replace it. Most home owners call a plumber when that’s the problem.

jmonroe
  • Options
    edited January 29
    @jmonroe1,
    Don't you guys have a spare broom? :p
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330
    stickguy said:

People stink. You never see a dog stealing electric wire to scrap.

True but your dog will look you right in your eye as he does his business on your lawn.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————-
    Thanks but no thanks.

EDIT: I forgot to mention if you have that many flappers that are giving you a problem, that is very unusual. Be sure to clean the seat before installing the flapper and check the seat to make sure it’s not pitted. If it is pitted that is a much more involved job to replace it. Most home owners call a plumber when that’s the problem.

jmonroe
    Now you've gone and done it. He's going to go get a new toilet seat.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

————————————————
    Damn, why didn’t I think of that? That could be almost as profitable as cheating on my taxes.

jmonroe
    My grandson is an electrician apprentice working for a company that has a contract for a building at Penn State.

The new guys get to take all the wire pieces that get cut off during construction.

He throws it in a box in his car at the end of the day. When he turned it in, he got $600. :o

• Options
    venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe
    My grandson is an electrician apprentice working for a company that has a contract for a building at Penn State.

The new guys get to take all the wire pieces that get cut off during construction.

He throws it in a box in his car at the end of the day. When he turned it in, he got $600. :o
    ————————————————
    Now you’ve got me curios. How much per pound is copper selling for these days?

jmonroe
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————-
    Thanks but no thanks.

jmonroe
    Thanks for the help. It is normal to go through a a few flappers a year in Florida, the water is extremely hard and it is hard on anything rubber. The heat probably doesn't help. The first one has been on for a year, so it was ready to go, the 2nd one was new in the package but has been around for a long time...number 3 has been around as long but I think it didn't warp.

I did clean the rubber seal or seat part pretty good because that could get gummed up here.
    So far it is working well, I'll let you know if I have any more problems. :)

• Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    kyfdx said:

Bengals fans laugh at KC weather..

1982 playoff game, temperature was minus-9 and wind chill was minus-69.

The wind chill calculation was changed in 2002 to reflect someone dressed reasonably at ground level, rather than someone (essentially) hanging from a flagpole in their underwear. So the -59 from the Bengals' Freezer Bowl would be -37 in today's dollars, so the Dolphins-Chefs game was in a similar ballpark to that or the Cowboys/Packers Ice Bowl (wind chill -48 in the day, -35 on the modern scale).

I really hope we don't have to talk about that kind of cold again this winter... I wouldn't mind going a few winters without it again.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    qbrozen said:

That game was a farce. Once again, refs carried the Chiefs on their backs. I’d love to see a fairly called game for just once this season.

The Ravens played horribly undisciplined ball. Too many mistakes, too many stupid penalties.

I heard an interesting factoid a year or two ago that of all the head coach/quarterback combinations to win the Super Bowl together, almost all of them had been together 5 seasons or less. Implying that Harbaugh/Lamar or McDermott/Allen aren't going to get there together.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    edited January 30
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————

jmonroe
    I just looked it up. It's almost $4 a pound. He did say the boxes he had it in, in the garage, were really heavy. I don't know how he accumulated so much, but it was over a pretty long time.

I edited this to say that doesn't look right, but I don't know what happened to it.

• Options
    Knew the partner-owner of a big commercial electrical contractor. He cashed in the copper at the local recycler, himself. About $30K/yr. He never used a credit card. Just peeled off benjamins.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————

jmonroe
    Oh great, now he's going to see if there is a way to get in on buying and selling copper :) !

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

Just e-filed my 2023 tax forms to the IRS and has already been accepted. Smaller refund this year due to higher interest earnings on CD’s last year. Took standard deduction because itemizing didn’t come close to the standard deduction.

At least this is one thing less to be concerned about in my life! 🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————-
    Thanks but no thanks.

jmonroe
    Probably one of those fancy Japanese jobs with the arm that sprays water on your unmentionable spots and which needs both a water line and an electrical connection. Just imagine the posts about the electrocution hazard that would be! :D

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    When my toilet is running, it's usually due to the water level being too high, and exiting the overflow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,951
    ronsteve said:

qbrozen said:

The Ravens played horribly undisciplined ball. Too many mistakes, too many stupid penalties.

I heard an interesting factoid a year or two ago that of all the head coach/quarterback combinations to win the Super Bowl together, almost all of them had been together 5 seasons or less. Implying that Harbaugh/Lamar or McDermott/Allen aren't going to get there together.
    Some mistakes. But not all penalties on them should have been called (I'll never understand the invisible line on taunting; on the very next Chiefs touchdown the guy did exactly the same celebration but wasn't flagged), and the noncalls for the Chiefs on at least 3 PI, including the pick in the end zone, and literally countless holding by their O-line. The Ravens defense and their O-line were very strong. Dropped passes hurt. The fumble at the goal line really hurt (although I feel like that was more dumb luck than anything else). But the Chiefs also made mistakes, yet the calls made the difference between remembering the mistakes and forgetting them.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    The NFL gets what the NFL wants.
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,677

tjc78 said:

So gang … what would you do?

We have the 6’ tall white vinyl fencing all around our property. When we moved in our neighbors had their side done, and we matched the rest of our property (two fences back to back is stupid, and I’ll never be changed of my opinion).

Their install wasn’t great. It’s not perfectly straight and a little sloppy compared to ours. I’ve already once had to take a section apart after a storm and fix it.

Now we have new neighbors who just moved in. With the crazy wind we had recently once section had all the panels blown out. I just went to fix it and three posts are broken at the bottom. Luckily I was able to rig it temporarily.

I told my wife that I was going to go to the new neighbor and offer to get the quote to fix and if we agreed on the price to split it.

She said “it’s their fence” … I said well we both need it (they have a dog too) so I thought it was a more than fair offer. She eventually agreed.

Thoughts?

Well if I had a white vinyl fence around my property I would rip it out and install a proper fence.

In reality since my property sits on a small lake with a park on the other side of the lake I keep it sans fence for the view.

Other than that, I think you did a fair and neighborly thing in offering to split the cost.
    I remember back when I had a deer problem on the farm and I asked the local ag guys for some advice. They looked around, saw the damage and said I had two choices: a kill permit to cull some of deer or build a 10 foot fence around the property. Being the nature lover I am I asked how much a fence would cost. The answer: several hundred thousand dollars.

I choose the kill permit.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    stickguy said:

got an email from the SSA that my statement was ready, so got ambitious and went to play around in the site with the calculators. Turns out that working longer will only up the monthly by about $12. Now I am sorry we are still spending money instead of just retiring! Not that the benefit would start for a while (shooting for 67) but less incentive to keep adding new years to the list. a wedding, trip to Europe, and a kids wedding this year though takes care of any thought about going sooner! Plus that pesky issue of what to live on until SS kicks in.

Take it sooner, you never know if you’ll be in any shape to enjoy it later.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

Working part-time is worse. In the 7+ years since I retired from my “real” job, my income has not added a single dollar to my base earnings for SS. 😕
    I’ve been PT for 6 years now and I always wondered how come I don’t get a boost even though I keep paying the tax. OTOH the money from the job gets put in a future car purchase jar.

• Options

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

I’ve been PT for 6 years now and I always wondered how come I don’t get a boost even though I keep paying the tax. OTOH the money from the job gets put in a future car purchase jar.
    They only take your 35 highest earning years. And, the old years are adjusted for inflation. If you've worked your whole life, it's hard to increase the benefit after age 60 if you're working part-time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

stickguy said:

They only take your 35 highest earning years. And, the old years are adjusted for inflation. If you've worked your whole life, it's hard to increase the benefit after age 60 if you're working part-time.
    Oh, I understand the mechanics of it I just question the fairness of it.😥

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    qbrozen said:

Some mistakes. But not all penalties on them should have been called (I'll never understand the invisible line on taunting; on the very next Chiefs touchdown the guy did exactly the same celebration but wasn't flagged), and the noncalls for the Chiefs on at least 3 PI, including the pick in the end zone, and literally countless holding by their O-line. The Ravens defense and their O-line were very strong. Dropped passes hurt. The fumble at the goal line really hurt (although I feel like that was more dumb luck than anything else). But the Chiefs also made mistakes, yet the calls made the difference between remembering the mistakes and forgetting them.

I agree with a lot of this, though the Ravens failed to run the ball as is usually a strength and forced Lamar to be a passing QB. He seemed to revert to his passing form of a couple of years ago, which wasn't great. I agree on the Chiefs getting breaks from the officials thought that seems nothing new for them. I had a similar thought on the inconsistent taunting call as my least favorite player, Kelce, did something very similar after a catch and nothing happened. He does that a lot which is part of the reason I cannot stand him. I don't think the 49ers will win the SB, but just on principle I have to pull for them.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,166
    edited January 30
    kyfdx said:

Even if you don't add much to your 35-year earnings due to lower income in last few years, SS payments can be increased by delaying SS claim until age 70, because they'd recalculate the actuarial life expectancy and then distribute the lifetime benefit over the shorter time. But that of course means you have to live without it for extra number of years.

As an immigrant, I need to hit nearly exactly full retirement age of 67 to even get to all 35 years (I started contributing at age of 31, after I graduated from American master's program), otherwise I'll have "zero" in the missing years. However, I hit my SS cutoff income 8 years ago already, which means if I maintain that status and I skip one or two years, the hit will be quite minimal, as SS "replacement" algorithm goes 90% for first $13.5K, 32% $13.5K-$80.6K and only 15% for amounts above up to the cutoff value, today $160.2K. Don't know my exact adjusted average, but let's say accounting for lower income in my early years I'll likely get something like $125K (give or take $10K) as an average at age of 66 and skip one year, it will lower my average to $120.4K, making the monthly check lower by 0.15*$4600/12 = $57.5/month. Not nothing, but I already have some replacement in retirement accounts, so I don't really sweat SS replacement income. This is of course all today's money and today's law, which as we know is not all guaranteed.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    kyfdx said:

When my toilet is running, it's usually due to the water level being too high, and exiting the overflow.

Good info but in this case the water level is low....I haven't figured out how to make it higher and I am not sure I will, I have the flow adjusted for full velocity and it takes a long time to fill up.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Regarding Football - Detroit is renaming the team from Lions to Chokers.

Regarding cars, how valuable do you think those 90-day VROOM used car warranties are right now?

https://www.vroom.com/sell/sitemsg

I'd say $0.00.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    ab348 said:

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

————————————————-
    Thanks but no thanks.

jmonroe
    Probably one of those fancy Japanese jobs with the arm that sprays water on your unmentionable spots and which needs both a water line and an electrical connection. Just imagine the posts about the electrocution hazard that would be! :D
    Yup, you won't get me on one of those, especially if it has lithium batteries. :D

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,166
    andres3 said:

Regarding Football - Detroit is renaming the team from Lions to Chokers.

Regarding cars, how valuable do you think those 90-day VROOM used car warranties are right now?

https://www.vroom.com/sell/sitemsg

I'd say $0.00.

Carvana is next. Probably 6-12 months.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

@driver100 said:
    Good info but in this case the water level is low....I haven't figured out how to make it higher and I am not sure I will, I have the flow adjusted for full velocity and it takes a long time to fill up.

There is going to be some sort of screw to adjust how high the water goes. Depends on your particular valve system.

If you don’t want to mess with that, put a rock in the tank. That will make the water level higher and take less water to refill it.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    @dino001 A lot of good reasons for delaying taking SSA as long as possible, if you have the cash flow to manage it.

My wife has reached full retirement age, but I still have another year to go. At this point, our goal is to both take it at 70. Using the time in between to convert IRA funds to Roth, until we max out the 12% bracket. It's a drop in the bucket, but it all helps.

I've studied all the claiming strategies, but with us having similar average earnings, and just being 18 months apart in age, none of them matter much. And, if we played with it, the "wrong" person would end up dying first, and we'd have blown it up, anyway.. lol

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    I like my Fluidmaster. It's the version that has the screw thread to adjust the height of the float up and down to adjust the height of the water. It also has an adjustment for the incoming water portion to the small hose that goes into the overflow spout and into the bowl. That adjusts the flow of water into the bowl so that the bowl reaches its maximum water height at the time the incoming water is shut off by the float. That avoids wasting water that goes into the bowl but just goes out the drain because of the water lock level.

Very conservation conscious.

I think it's this one in the video--note that the fill valve is also sold separately, but there are a couple of versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9zRsivE2vc

Since someone mentioned "bidet," I added the Fluidmaster Soft Sp-a Bidet seat video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGx6VqPJtm4&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fshop.fluidmaster.com%2F

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    @imidazol97 Yes, the Korky flappers don't seem to be the best quality.
    I did install a Fluid Master tower just like the one in the picture, a few years ago and it works fine.
    I know you turn the screw to adjust the height of the water but it takes a long time to fill up so I am thinking of leaving it this way, seems to be OK
    @stickguy's idea of a rock might be worth a try....I am thinking about it.

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Knew the partner-owner of a big commercial electrical contractor. He cashed in the copper at the local recycler, himself. About $30K/yr. He never used a credit card. Just peeled off benjamins.

————————————————-
    The IRS is looking for that guy. I think they still pay you for being a rat.

jmonroe