Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• MSRP was $23950 (only extra was $200 floor mats) and I paid $22150. Got a 3.74% rate through the dealer and was very happy with the whole experience (unlike another dopey Toyota dealer I dealt with before). If you are flexible with what they have in stock, now until the end of the year is the best time to buy. Good luck!

Herb Chambers, Boston
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    Hey Host...are we going to start having advertisers post their "deals" here?

BTW..the Invoice price for a Prius II is $21,056 and for Prius III is $21,784, so the numbers posted aren't anything special and are not invoice prices. I've seen Prius II's adverstised around here for $22,500 including delivery charge.
  • If you are interested in buying a Prius soon and live around the Bay Area, Let me know... We can go together and see if we can get a group discount or try to get the best prices.

let me know.

LJ
  • inky3inky3 Posts: 2
    Hi,

I was actually going to go to that Herb Chambers! Can I ask which person you worked with?

Thanks!
  • Will Ralph- he's a great guy.
  • inky3inky3 Posts: 2
    Thanks! I'll look for him.
  • Bought a Prius II on blizzard pearl with dark gray interior on Black Fridat night in So Cal. Email to many dealers and most are selling either MSRP or just $500-$600 off. Got a call back from Toyota of El Cajon and the manager told me he has a Prius II with MSRP $23786 and he can do $20995, that's $2800 off MSRP!! Sounds too good to be true. It's two hours drive from LA to San Diego and it's already 5pm. Well, I've decided to give it a shot, worst case just waste 4 hours of my time! On my way to the dealership, I still think that there must be some catch in this deal. Turns out I was wrong, deal went very smoothly. He showed me the printout, exactly $20995, plus title, tax, and $55 doc fees. He said he lost $1500 on this car but it's for thanksgiving and grand opening of the dealership. Couldn't be happier!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    Great deal; you'll love the car.
  • in San Diego.
  • Dang spammers....
  • leffleff Posts: 5
    Recently bought a Prius III for $500 under invoice. Great sales experience.

$24350 MSRP (with floor mats and after Toyota's latest price increase). Paid $22491.
  • Anyone recently bought a Prius III in Seattle area? I am wondering if we can get the price below Invoice Price in Seattle area like other places.

Thanks!
  • Hi Leff,

Is this Acton Toyota in MA?

Can you please let me know the person you interacted with?

Thanks,
    Partha.
  • Hi, What is the name of the representative you interacted with?

Thanks, P.
  • Got this by e-mail from local Houston dealer today - sounds like BS to me based on what I read here. I don't mind if they don't want to sell me the car for my price, but...

"I'm glad you are doing your research on the prius, however all prius models have to be sold for MSRP or higher ( some dealerships mark them up!), a Toyota edict.
    The only way you can get one cheaper is to go with a color other than pearl white ($220.00 surcharge)
    Sorry to disappoint but this is an extreme highly sought after car and some people are waiting for 3-4 months for certain models ( they are built in japan in very limited numbers)"
  • ni_cani_ca Posts: 2
    Prius II in Silver/Dark Gray with carpet mats and cargo organizer for $22,500. MSRP was $23,400 so I got $800 off. Oh, and they threw in a couple of car washes, free first service and free wash and detail during first service because I b*tched and moaned about the fact that they car had 23 miles on it. :-)

This was at Stevens Creek Toyota in the San Francisco Bay Area.
  • Got this by e-mail from local Houston dealer today - sounds like BS to me based on what I read here. I don't mind if they don't want to sell me the car for my price, but...

"I'm glad you are doing your research on the prius, however all prius models have to be sold for MSRP or higher ( some dealerships mark them up!), a Toyota edict.
    The only way you can get one cheaper is to go with a color other than pearl white ($220.00 surcharge)
    Sorry to disappoint but this is an extreme highly sought after car and some people are waiting for 3-4 months for certain models ( they are built in japan in very limited numbers)"
  • ni_cani_ca Posts: 2
    And, of course I mean *$900* off MSRP.
  • Total BS- typical car dealer. I got about $1800 off MSRP in Boston on a Pkg III
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577

Sheer poppycock.