Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR4 Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,735
Ask your LR4 lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• im4sockeyeim4sockeye Member Posts: 14
    I was offered (without negotiating the price) a lease for a new LR4 Lux 7 with cold climate at MSRP plus $2,000 for some dealer add ons (roof rack, wood trim, etc): 48 months 12K miles, 35% residual, .00273 money factor., payment of $1,026.28 with an aquistition fee of $795. No cap cost reduction. We also are charged tax here but I left that out of the above. Are you seeing better?
  • eelpouteelpout Member Posts: 32
    does anyone know what the lead times are on ordering an LR4?
  • cperriellocperriello Member Posts: 1
    Ok, i realize this is somewhat of a silly questions, but i wanted to get people's opinions. I have narrowed down my new car options to either an LR4 or an X5. I have priced out both models with the options i want and they both price out at roughly $54k. I got a few quotes for a 36 months lease / 10k miles for both with the same amount down and the monthly payment difference is quite different....about $875 for the LR4 and $710 for the X5....now, i like the LR4 better, but that is a substantial difference for the same exact priced car, why in the world is it that much different? Is the residual value of the LR4 that much worse than the X5?
  • po65nypo65ny Member Posts: 34
    Yes, the residuals for all Land Rover models are terrible. Land Rover's reputation for mechanical quality (or lack thereof) doesn't lend itself to great resale values, therefore depreciation on these cars is very steep :lemon:

Just look at what you can get a used RR Sport or RR for (even with relatively low miles)....
  • roverduderoverdude Member Posts: 12
    The big differance is that LR doesnt inflate their residuals like BMW. You talk about the huge depreciation of the Sport, but why has it been ranked by ALG as the highest residual value in its class for 5 years running. LR's mechanical quality has inproved by leaps and bounds in the past few years.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,735
    That may be true, but if you are leasing, an inflated residual is what you want... If BMW takes a bath on the back end, that's their problem.. I'll take the lower payment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• samminsammin Member Posts: 39
    I'm considering going the 48 month lease route on a LR4 Lux, black MSRP $58,065

Either 7,500 or 10,000 miles per year.

What are the MF/Resid?

Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi sammin. Here's the information that you're looking for. Land Rover's April lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2010 LR4 Lux with 10,000 miles per year are .00127 and 45%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • samminsammin Member Posts: 39
    Great, thanks Car Man!
  • confused11confused11 Member Posts: 5
    Car Man, can you pls let me know what money factor and residual is currently LR offering on 36month lease.

thanks
    You're very welcome, sammin.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, confused11. Land Rover's April lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 LR4 with 10,000 miles per year are .00112 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • confused11confused11 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car_man much appreciated.
  • edekeledekel Member Posts: 2
    Hi - on landroverusa.com they are offering the deal below. Is this a good deal, or do you think I can get better?

Thanks!!

LR4 Offers & Financing

2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE with 7 Seat Comfort Package (7HS): $699 per month* with a 36-month lease
    $0 security deposit and $2995 due at signing
    Excludes taxes, title, license and fees
    You're very welcome, confused11.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi edekel. Most manufacturers' official advertised lease payments are decent deals, but savvy consumers who live in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the one that was used to arrive at the advertised payment.

This makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty angry if their manufacturer didn't leave a little meat on the bone on the vehicle that they are advertising.

Car_man
    Host
  • cricfan777cricfan777 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Carman. What is the RV and the MF for LR4 Lux and Lux Plus with 18,000mi/yr. Would it be possible at all to lease that car with 0 down and $800/yr?
  • ledwardwhiteledwardwhite Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Hello. Can you provide MF/ Residual info for the July program on 2010 LR4?

Looking for 36 & 48 months with 10 & 12K miles/yr.

Thanks
  • newyorkphilipnewyorkphilip Member Posts: 11
    Car Man,

Can you give me MF and RV of LR4 HSE with 7-Seat Comfort Pkg for 36 months and 12k miles per year?

Philip
    Hi cricfan777. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Land Rover LR4 Lux with 18,000 miles per year are .00046 and 42%, respectively.

I'm not sure what the payment would be like on this truck, but I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you using the above lease program if you provide me with the full MSRP and selling price of the exact vehicle that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, ledwardwhite.

Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Land Rover LR4 with 12,000 miles per year are .00054 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00107 and 39%.

If you were to lease this truck with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you asked for, newyorkphilip.

Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE non-Luxury with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a bunch carman. You are the best. I'm looking for LR4 Lux Model MSRP 58,000. He came down to 54500. He said invoice is 53000.

You think I could get it for around $800 for 36 or 39 months? What incentives do LR dealerships get for leasing?
    You're very welcome, cricfan777. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Land Rover LR4 Lux that has an MSRP of $58,000 and a selling price of $54,500 through Chase right now for 36 months with 18,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $874.

Car_man
    Host
  • ledwardwhiteledwardwhite Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man.
    Thanks Carman. That helps a lot. He was charging me 1020. The MF seemed very high. I had few more questions for you.

Would you know what incentives the dealer gets for leasing an LR4.
    When pricing with options, do the option's residual value go down the same percent as the car's itself?
  • savvym3savvym3 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

I'm considering a 39 month lease route on a LR4 HSE plus, 7-seat comfort package, black MSRP $54,010 (sale price: $50,726)

12,000 miles per year.

What are the MF/Resid?

Thank you
    You're very welcome ledwardwhite.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem cricfan777. I don't believe that Land Rover is currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2010 LR4 through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi savvym3. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00063 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car_Man. Could you please provide me with the RV abd MF for LR4 Lux MSRP 58050, 18,000 miles per yr for 42 months.

The quote i've received is based on selling price of 56,000 including running boards. The MSRP was 59400 with running boards. It came to 955/month with 0 CAP reduction for 42 months with taxes which is 6%.

Is it an accurate quote based on the selling price?
    Hey cricfan777. Here's the information that you're looking for. Chase's August lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2010 Land Rover LR4 Lux with 15,000 miles per year are .00078 and 40%, respectively.

I'm not sure if Chase publishes residual values for leases with more than 15,000 miles per year. I suspect that 15k is its highest published residual value percentages. If you need to drive more than that, you probably will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it would be to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Using an MSRP of $59,400, a selling price of $56,000, and the above lease program, I come up with a 42 month, 15,000 mile pr year payment of $830 before tax.

Car_man
    Host
  • kkilo1323kkilo1323 Member Posts: 30
    I am looking for 2010 & 2011 (if published) Land Rover LR4 HSE & LR4 HSE LUX residual value for 36/15k and 39/15k. Thanks.
  • jimmy24jimmy24 Member Posts: 10
    how much should i pay for a 2011 LR4 w/ a video/entertainment package for either a 36/39 month lease w 15k/yr in miles? the sticker was 52k but the dealer said 1200/month plus tax which blew me away as too high (nothing down). any ideas? thanks,
  • rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    Considering a lease on an LR4 HSE Lux with Heavy Duty and Vision Assist packages. What's the residual and money factor for a 36/39 month with 12k lease?
    Hi rllnresistance. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Chase's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Land Rover LR4 HSE Lux with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 00044 and 43%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rllnresistancerllnresistance Member Posts: 8
    Thanks!
  • silverlakesilverlake Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_Man:

Please confirm the current money factor rates for the 2011 LR4 HSE LUX that Chase is offering for a 36 month lease? The 0.00027 money factor cited times 2400 is equal to 0.65% APR interest rate which sounds way low i.e. under 1.00%? Other hand, a MF of 0.0027 time 2400 is equal to 6.48% APR which sound more in line for a Bank?
    Is there a web site that quotes the Chase lease rates? I can only find the rates to finance the purchase of a car on their site. Many thanks!!
    You're very welcome, rllnresistance.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello silverlake. Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX with 15,000 miles per year are .00187 and 52%, respectively.

I am not aware of any site that provides info on Chase's lease program to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • ramlaw1997ramlaw1997 Member Posts: 1
    What are Chase's current money factor and residual for a 2011 LR4 HSE with CCP and only 10,000 miles a year?
  • zchamberzchamber Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Could you pl let me know the buy rate and residual for 36 month, 10K/year lease for a 2010 LR4 with Lux plus, rear seat entertainment,

Much obliged

Z
  • lr4_shopperlr4_shopper Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know Nov MF and Residual for 2011 LR4 HSE, 36 Mos, 12K and 15K
  • greg1981greg1981 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,

I'm interested in finding out the current residual values and money factors on both the 2011 LR4 HSE and 2011 LR4 HSE Luxury. Both leases would be for 36months/12k miles year. Are there any other incentives available on these trucks?

Thanks for your help!
    Also, if the numbers are available for the base LR4 for 36months/12k year that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks!
  • rxleaserxlease Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I am looking at leasing a 2011 LR4 HSE LUX, $0 down, 36 months, 12K miles. Can someone please share money factor and residual values that would be considered reasonable?

Thank you!
  • warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73
    edited December 2010
    Does anybody know what the current December money factor and residual rate are for a 2011 LR4 HSE for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year? Thanks so much!
    I'm pretty sure that we are on our own here....no response from Car_man on my post from over two weeks ago and there are some even older...if anyone knows the details on these numbers please let us know!
  • RNGRVR18RNGRVR18 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to lease a 2011 LR4 HSE under their current lease special. 36mo/10k... Can anyone provide the base MF and residual - I can't find anything on the web about this vehicle. The dealer is quoting a 57% residual which seems correct but a base MF of .00224 which seems too high.

Carman????
  • cartman13cartman13 Member Posts: 58
    That's way too high if it's based on the deal they have on the Land Rover website.

If i back into a money factor based on the terms on the website (i'm assuming a $1500 down ($2995 due at signing so 1st payment, plus $795 acquisition fee seems about reasonable.)

the MF is .00111 . It's nowhere near .00224 . They are padding or not giving you the top tier rate.

just my 2 cents