Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vasuvasu Posts: 12

Hi I am looking to buy Honda Odyssey in EX-L in SF Bay area. Has anyone bought recently ? Any inputs for negotation.

Thanks Srini

• knkanuckknkanuck Posts: 2

This discussion string was great for helping me figure out what a good deal looked like. Just bought an Odyssey EX-L with RES in Cincinnati area. MSRP $38055. Paid $31,400 incl $1500 HFC + book value on All Weather pkg ($499), Towing pkg ($872) and Crossbars/rails ($979) = $33750 with all accessories. OTD price without a trade-in would have been $36,312.
    I traded in '06 Odyssey for $7000 (close to KBB given condition and work needed). TTL (6.75% in OH) and other fees ($2205). OTD for $28,927. Plus $100 credit for accessories. Thoughts?

• axc4466axc4466 Posts: 4

Today I bought EX-L with RES in Carlsbad, California for $34,875 + TTL + $80 doc fee. Includes all weather mats, cargo cover, wheel locks and mud guards. I tried negotiating a better deal with other Honda dealers in the San Diego area and this is the best I could get. Nice buying experience in Hoehn Honda in Carlsbad. The Carmax quote I got for my old car was more than any Honda dealer could offer.

• taurus11taurus11 Posts: 3
    Looking for 2014 EX-L. Getting a quote of $31,900 + TTL. I live in Troy, MI. Any comments?
    Bought EXL W RES for $32584 OTD.
  • knkanuckknkanuck Posts: 2

Taurus, sounds like a great deal. What was price before TTL. I had them at $31,400 for EXL w RES (before options and TTL), which I was extremely apply with. Sounds like you were able to go even lower.

• beethbeeth Posts: 13

Looking for 2014 EX-L, targeting for $32K OTD in MD(DC area) as people mentioned here. Could you please advise how I should start dealing with the dealers? Thank you so much!

knkanuck - here is the break up of price. $33009 + 224 fees. HFC $2500. Hope this helps.
  • h22a1h22a1 Posts: 9

@danny2014 said: My EX-L paid $29711 included $2500 for HFC plus TTL (8.75%) and all others fee OTD is $32,724.03 This EX-L manufacturer date 02/2014 included floor mats, wheels lock mudguards and....

Hi Danny,

I'm looking for that same exact setup. What was your sales person's name? Also, was this a lease or a purchase?

Thank you!!!

• Thank you all for your post. This forum helped me a lot to save some money. After 3 months of research and many calls and dealer visits bought our first Honda Odyssey EXL in TX Today for 32414 OTD. Break down as Price 32586 - 2500 Honda finance Flex cash rebate makes it 30086 + 1880 (6.25 % tax)+ 448 tag, Fees etc. Free wheel lock, splash guard, window tint and trunk tray.

• mehou77mehou77 Posts: 1
    edited April 8

@odyssey2015 - Could you tell me from where in TX you got this deal...Also if you send me your quote at [Email removed]. Least i get around 33,600 Total Drive out price

• samkasamka Posts: 3

Does recommend a good dealer in MD area. The best I got for the 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L was $32,593 EXCLUDING sales tax. I want to do the financing with Honda and dont know at what point I should ask for Finance flex cash incentive.

• gq_guygq_guy Posts: 1

trying to buy 2014 Odyssey EXL( no Navi or DVD ) in South bay area ( San Jose) , but looks the price is pretty higher than other place . one of honda dealer in Milpitas showed the final price - 32700 sales price -2000 HFC +TTL , so OTD is 34239.73 . Damn ..unfortunately this is the lowest one in my area , so I gave up and walked away , and I saw the customer had signed on around 34700 in paper for EXL in last weekend .. crazy price here .. anyone has recommending honda dealer in south bay area ?

• @samka. Just tell that your friend got a flex cash incentive

• chopranchopran Posts: 2

@taurus11 said: Bought EXL W RES for $32584 OTD.

Hi Taurus, sounds like you got a great deal on the odyssey EX-L with RES. I am in the market for a 2014 odyssey EX-L. Can you please let me know from where you bought the Odyssey? I am in shelby twp. MI

• itsrajeshitsrajesh Posts: 10
    edited March 28
    I bought Odyssey Elite (no accessories). I paid 38,600 which includes destination fee, doc/dealership admin fees and also include $2500 discount from HFC. Honda shows $2500 as a downpayment for the car, when we finance the car with them. Means the car price becomes $41,100 even though I paid only $38,600.

I need to pay tax in DMV myself
    In 45days. I am thinking if I will have to pay tax on $38,600 or $41,100.

Anyone has any experience about this?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 5,882

@itsrajesh said: I bought Odyssey Elite (no accessories). I paid 38,600 which includes destination fee, doc/dealership admin fees and also include $2500 discount from HFC. Honda shows $2500 as a downpayment for the car, when we finance the car with them. Means the car price becomes $41,100 even though I paid only $38,600.
    I need to pay tax in DMV myself In 45days. I am thinking if I will have to pay tax on $38,600 or $41,100.
    Anyone has any experience about this?

Are we talking about sales tax or property tax? Sales tax is almost always calculated at the time of sale. Property tax may have a different formula based on what state you live in.

Here in Colorado, the property tax for the first year is 2.1% of 85% of the pre-option MSRP, to be paid as part of the registration fees.

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• samkasamka Posts: 3

I had a very bad experience with a dealer in MA area. Can anyone please recommend a good dealer in the MA area. Thanks in advance.

• goat1036goat1036 Posts: 4
    Taurus11 - can you give info on where u bought? Would drive to mi for that deal

lx model with destination included - 27,687. Good deal? Thanks!

Actually last post should be 25687 on lx with destination but no ttl. Thanks.
  • gc1thechangc1thechan Posts: 4

Hi all,

I currently own a Honda Pilot and I am considering to purchase a 2014 odyssey as our 2nd car (family has expanded :smile: )

I wonder if someone can share the recent experience and some breakdowns on an odyssey EX-L no DVD no Nav?

I am in Southern Ca - Orange County. Any feedback is much appreciated.

(by the way, I am planning a head of time and my time frame is around Sept-Oct. Should I even wait for the 2015 model?)

Axc4466,

can you provide the breakdown if you don't mind and what is the final price for OTD?

thanks.

@axc4466 said: Today I bought EX-L with RES in Carlsbad, California for $34,875 + TTL + $80 doc fee. Includes all weather mats, cargo cover, wheel locks and mud guards. I tried negotiating a better deal with other Honda dealers in the San Diego area and this is the best I could get. Nice buying experience in Hoehn Honda in Carlsbad. The Carmax quote I got for my old car was more than any Honda dealer could offer.

edited April 13

Danny,

do you mind to send me the contact you have worked from Riverside Honda ([Email removed])? I am exactly looking for an EX-L no dvd and no navi. thanks.

@danny2014 said: Go to Riverside Honda they will give you $ 2500 HFC

• marspacemarspace Posts: 1
    edited April 8

could you pls tell me the dealership and salesman name to [Email removed] thx> @prasadkumarg said:

Finally bought mine for 31000 (including dest) + ttl + doc fee 400 Sphoffmann: the lower price has nothing to do with financing I own my car no leasing...the $1000 diff doesn't matter much if u will be keeping the van for long ... Most of my friends have a van nd have been driving for 5 + years. one has to be patient while negotiation... Since the car salesmen are real smart.. It took me 2 months to complete my buy.

• jombjomb Posts: 3

I got EXL w/ navi including mud guards, cargo tray and wheel locks for $36000 OTD in California.

• cheese9cheese9 Posts: 1

Would you mind sharing which stealership in CA you got the EXL with navi for $36K OTD? The lowest legitimate quote I've received is $37,500 OTD with no accessories in NorCal

@jomb said: I got EXL w/ navi including mud guards, cargo tray and wheel locks for $36000 OTD in California.

• danny2014 can u tell me the salesperson and dealership u got your deal from

• iffi1iffi1 Posts: 7

Anyone purchased or is working on purchasing an Odyssey in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota or surrounding dealership (Rochester, St Cloud etc).

Would love to hear their experience including the OTD price (if purchased or target that they are going after), experiences with different dealerships and the one that they found the best to work with and any other thing that would be helpful.

I am in the process of starting contact with the dealer for 2014 EXL and would be happy to share my experiences.

• amsenamsen Posts: 26

@samka said: I had a very bad experience with a dealer in MA area. Can anyone please recommend a good dealer in the MA area. Thanks in advance.

Had great experience at Honda cars of Boston, Everett. Sales: Samantha.