Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• odyjul2014odyjul2014 Member Posts: 10

I went to a dealer in NJ over the weekend (keenan) ... no more 2014 EXLs there. They had only one 2015 EXL. It was like $1000 or $1500 below MSRP. I am now thinking if i should wait beyond labor day and just go for the best deal around.

• su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82

@odyjul2014 said:
    I went to a dealer in NJ over the weekend (keenan) ... no more 2014 EXLs there. They had only one 2015 EXL. It was like $1000 or $1500 below MSRP. I am now thinking if i should wait beyond labor day and just go for the best deal around.

Price for '15 EXL (including destination - no dealer added options):

INVOICE $33,535
    MSRP $36,605

TMV is currently about $350 below MSRP - but they just came out. You need to do the math as you are looking at about $34K-$34.5K - This assumes no dealer added options. Not bad for a 2015, but I'd wait for incentives at this time...

• shopping201400shopping201400 Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2014
    Got mine tonight from Princeton, very very smooth from start to finish. 32,000 plus dealer fees. I was gonna wait until after Labor Day but had some time to kill this week so I went to the dealer to give it a go. Glad I did. Good luck everyone.
    O forgot to mention, EXL no NAV or res.
  • kida4kida4 Member Posts: 1

Shopping201400 Did the $32,000 include destination?

yes. it did. i was adament that they don't include wheel locks and data dots since their tradein is slightly under another dealer and was successfully in getting them to remove it after so back and forth. They don't have many left from my understanding. Your mileage may vary as I sensed it may not always be negotiable. Also, I worked with Uma at the dealership.

• testpanjtestpanj Member Posts: 10

For ExL with a DVD (RES) I have a 35400 as OTD offer that includes 6% tax and tags. I am still not ready to pull the trigger. I am looking to get below 35K. Looks like the hope is September might get Honda to do some incentives

• nj_dudenj_dude Member Posts: 1

@testpanj said:
    For ExL with a DVD (RES) I have a 35400 as OTD offer that includes 6% tax and tags. I am still not ready to pull the trigger. I am looking to get below 35K. Looks like the hope is September might get Honda to do some incentives

Which Dealer is that @testpanj‌ ? I am looking for the same config.

• valueaddvalueadd Member Posts: 8

Got a quote for an EX-L with NAV today in Silicon Valley, price = $33.5k, + tax and title.

I was also quoted 32k for an EX-L. No dealer add-ons or extra fees. I think I'm gonna take it.

• dbrosdbros Member Posts: 81
    Is it OTD price? Yes it is OTE $33,100. Just add TTL...

Is it 2014 modal or 2015 since I didn't see 2014 EX-L on their online inventorty page.

It is 2014... maybe they sold all there 2014's already... but you can always ask. Call them to make sure
    edited August 2014
    @valueadd that's a very good price in bay area... what dealership is it? I don't really recommend south bay honda in milpitas because they charged me with that pro pack... I should have walk away... they even low ball me on my trade in... so I'm still selling my pilot myself...
    @valueadd‌ just make sure to have everything in writing and ask the mileage and the color you like... maybe they don't have it and change at the last minute...

@dbros said:
    valueadd‌ just make sure to have everything in writing and ask the mileage and the color you like... maybe they don't have it and change at the last minute...

It's from Anderson Honda. The price is legit, no add ons or fees.

So I ended up buying the EX-L with Nav from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. I ended up paying $32,988, which is $500 less than what they quoted because they made a mistake post contract and needed me to sign a new one. I have to say the overall experience was pretty good. No haggling or bait and switch tactics. They did try to sell some Simoniz coating and the extended warranty, but were not pushy.

edited August 2014
    @valueadd Awesome price! Maybe next time I'll buy from there... I learned that yelp is very helpful to look for dealership that don't have to do a lot of haggling... Do you have the first name of your salesman?

@dbros said:
    valueadd Awesome price! Maybe next time I'll buy from there... I learned that yelp is very helpful to look for dealership that don't have to do a lot of haggling... Do you have the first name of your salesman?

His name was Sunny. Good guy. They had 3 more EX-Ls with NAV left when I bought.

• robertinohiorobertinohio Member Posts: 21

Anyone know if the next round of rebates from Honda will include money back on the 2014 models?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@robertinohio said:
    Anyone know if the next round of rebates from Honda will include money back on the 2014 models?

We won't know until the new numbers are released later this week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jwest01jwest01 Member Posts: 2

I ended up buying a 2015 EX-L with RES over the weekend after striking out on several 2014s. Got it for $33,500 after all dealer fees and with no accessories, taxes, or tags. That seemed like a good deal to me, anyone care to chime in and make me feel good about this purchase?

Thats a good price. I'm considering a 2014 EXL base (no NAV, or RES) for $32700 Where did you get yours?

@nj_dude said:
    Which Dealer is that testpanj‌ ? I am looking for the same config.

Hendrik Honda in VA..I did not make the deal

@jwest01 said:
    I ended up buying a 2015 EX-L with RES over the weekend after striking out on several 2014s. Got it for $33,500 after all dealer fees and with no accessories, taxes, or tags. That seemed like a good deal to me, anyone care to chime in and make me feel good about this purchase?

wow! if you did this deal incl tax and tags at 33.5K OTD on 2015, this is an awesome deal. the best I have been able to get was 35.4 OTD on 2014. Did very well. mind sharing the dealer info?

• ranajoranajo Member Posts: 57

EX-L in Dallas:

MSRP was $36455 to which an appearance package with the usual stuff was already added to the car.

The deal I got before TT&L was $31970 which included the destination charge.

The car was leased so I had to pay an acquistion fee of $595. Money Factor was .00055 and residual was 56%.

• j_k_hj_k_h Member Posts: 2

ranajo,

I am also searching for an EX-L in Texas.
    Could you share the name of the salesperson and the dealership?
    Thanks.

Anyone know if Honda is giving rebates on the 2014 EXL models?

@j_k_h said:
    ranajo,

I am also searching for an EX-L in Texas.
    Could you share the name of the salesperson and the dealership?
    Thanks.

Hope it is not against the rules to name the dealership and salesperson.

The dealership was Autonation Honda in Lewisville. The main person we worked with was Ross though Sara helped.

They were very honest in their approach and we were impressed compared to some of the other more questionable dealers in the area who quoted ridiculous prices. Keep in mind the price included the $1500 incentive on leases. Not sure if it is available with outright purchases.

@j_k_h,

We leased the car late last week when they had a fair amount of inventory. Not sure about their current inventory status.

• hoosier316hoosier316 Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone who purchased NAV comment on this? When you can have a GPS on your iPhone what is the appeal appeal of NAV for over $1,000?
  • j_k_hj_k_h Member Posts: 2

Thanks.

• storrk1storrk1 Member Posts: 19
    Helped my uncle buy a 14 touring elite. Deal closed yesterday at $39.5k plus fees and taxes. Suburbs of Chicago. Most dealers were in the 40.5-41 range. Hope this helps.
  • knvknv Member Posts: 2

Got quote for 2014 Odyssely EXL for $32,205 (excludes destination charge and applicable fees) from Honda of Westport in Connecticut. Can anyone suggest what is the lowest price I can negotiate further?

• knvknv Member Posts: 2

Sorry it was 2015 EXL

@hoosier316 said:
    Can anyone who purchased NAV comment on this? When you can have a GPS on your iPhone what is the appeal appeal of NAV for over $1,000?

I struggled with this myself. At the end of the day, I went with the Nav for the following reasons:

1) Its integrated into the car and stereo system. This makes it easier to follow the directions then having to look down at your phone. Having the audio pipe through the stereo is a nicer nav experience in my opinion (less distracting and easier to hear than a synced iPhone).

2) The nav package also gets you the 3 backup camera angles instead of 1 (wide angle, zoom and overhead shot). This is a nice feature, especially when parking.

3) Typically, the car nav or a Garmin has a more reliable signal than the iPhone maps apps. I've had multiple occasions where my iPhone nav stopped working or didn't know the direction I was headed in, which was a real pain. That should not happen with the Honda Nav.

• larryb5larryb5 Member Posts: 7

2015 Odyssey.
    Couldn't find a page for the new Odyssey's yet. I just bought one last week in Wisconsin. Paid
    $33,335 plus TTL & fees OTD on an EX-L w/o navi and RES. Best I could do on 2014 same model would have been 31,988 at a competing dealer. Thought I'd be better off with the deal on the 15.

• jwest01jwest01 Member Posts: 2

@robertinohio said:
    Thats a good price. I'm considering a 2014 EXL base (no NAV, or RES) for $32700 Where did you get yours?

@testpanj said:
    wow! if you did this deal incl tax and tags at 33.5K OTD on 2015, this is an awesome deal. the best I have been able to get was 35.4 OTD on 2014. Did very well. mind sharing the dealer info?

Sorry to bail on you guys, I posted this and forgot all about it.

The 33.5K was before TTL (I paid cash) but after all dealer fees. The dealer I got this from is Legends Honda in Kansas City. I had been looking at 2014s in town (and dealt with some mighty shady folks in the meantime) and ended up at Legends. There was some misunderstanding initially as they assumed the quote I had from a competing dealer was for the base EX-L since it was so low, but once Legends found out who it was, they said they've never been beat by them and they never would and gave me the 33.5K number for a 2015 EX-L RES. I couldn't be happier with the experience at Legends and can't recommend them enough.

• rexamusrexamus Member Posts: 6
    I've been trying to decide between a Sienna and an Odyssey. I talked to a couple of dealers about getting a good deal on a 2014 model and they don't seem to be budging much. They are only saying they will give me a 14 for about $1000 cheaper than a 15. Any comments or suggestions?
    rexamus said:

I've been trying to decide between a Sienna and an Odyssey. I talked to a couple of dealers about getting a good deal on a 2014 model and they don't seem to be budging much. They are only saying they will give me a 14 for about $1000 cheaper than a 15. Any comments or suggestions?

I have owned both. Currently own a Sienna and looking at an Odyssey EXL. 2014 Odyssey will run you around $31k, but getting harder to find. 2015 I have been quoted little over $33k. Priced out a Sienna about 4 months ago, and Toyotas are always $2-3k less than similar Honda model. Hope that helps.

Also, I haven't found any differences between the 2014 and 2015 Odyssey. Exterior and interior look the same. Anyone know if they changed anything? Only thing that bothers me about the EX-L line is (1) no fogs and (2) no built in turning indicators on the side mirrors. This trim level should have both..not just the $40k touring. Come on Honda. Both are safety items. And $500 to install fogs...seriously.. no thanks.

• rexamusrexamus Member Posts: 6

rexamus said:

I have owned both. Currently own a Sienna and looking at an Odyssey EXL. 2014 Odyssey will run you around $31k, but getting harder to find. 2015 I have been quoted little over $33k. Priced out a Sienna about 4 months ago, and Toyotas are always $2-3k less than similar Honda model. Hope that helps.

Also, I haven't found any differences between the 2014 and 2015 Odyssey. Exterior and interior look the same. Anyone know if they changed anything? Only thing that bothers me about the EX-L line is (1) no fogs and (2) no built in turning indicators on the side mirrors. This trim level should have both..not just the $40k touring. Come on Honda. Both are safety items. And $500 to install fogs...seriously.. no thanks.

Still a good amount of 2014's around here......I'm trying to get a Ex-L w/ DVD but lowest I've got them to is $34k
  • bluebfalobluebfalo Member Posts: 4
    Posted in the 2015 Odyssey forums, but it doesn't seem to be as active as the 2014 forums.

Quoted in writing 32700 for 2015 EXL (no navi, no RES) base with no additional options + tax (6%), tag ($260), fees (doc 133/location 200).
  • justdave2justdave2 Member Posts: 2
    Registered to post we purchased (on 9/19/14) a 2014 EX-L with DVD package for $32,500. This was prior to tax/title, etc. Was from Richard's Honda in Baton Rouge, LA.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    justdave2 said:

Registered to post we purchased (on 9/19/14) a 2014 EX-L with DVD package for $32,500. This was prior to tax/title, etc. Was from Richard's Honda in Baton Rouge, LA.

Congrats on the new van!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• petertxpetertx Member Posts: 3
    bluebfalo, congrats for getting the deal. I am in the market for the EX-L without RES or NAV, but having hard time to get a deal like yours :( The best deal I have received so far via emails is $33,600 before TTL. What's the strategy you have used to get that price ? Did you bargain at the dealership(s) or did everything over the emails/phones ? Thanks.
  • ntrippntripp Member Posts: 13

We got a quote on paper saying $31900 for a 2015 EXL with a DVD being put in by them. This doesn't include the 8% extortion fee (NY taxes) and the other fees. Does this seem good? I'm scared to spend so much money on any vehicle. I considered paying $415 a month to lease they same van but that didn't sound very good. What's your opinion ?

• phs_1123phs_1123 Member Posts: 3
    anyone bought 2015 Touring Elite recently can share the price paid in DC area ? Thanks
  • justdave2justdave2 Member Posts: 2
    ntripp said:

We got a quote on paper saying $31900 for a 2015 EXL with a DVD being put in by them. This doesn't include the 8% extortion fee (NY taxes) and the other fees. Does this seem good? I'm scared to spend so much money on any vehicle. I considered paying $415 a month to lease they same van but that didn't sound very good. What's your opinion ?

Personally, I think that sounds like a good deal. Better than what we paid for the 2014 equivalent.
  • ntrippntripp Member Posts: 13

Just Dave2, thanks.

• caleb_lcaleb_l Member Posts: 2
    valueadd said:

So I ended up buying the EX-L with Nav from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. I ended up paying $32,988, which is $500 less than what they quoted because they made a mistake post contract and needed me to sign a new one. I have to say the overall experience was pretty good. No haggling or bait and switch tactics. They did try to sell some Simoniz coating and the extended warranty, but were not pushy.

@valueadd That's a great deal! We're looking to get a 2015 EX-L no Nav or RES (thought that would be out of our budget) and the best initial email offer I got online was from Anderson, but at $32,988 plus tax & license ($36,325 OTD). Sounds outrageous compared to what you got. Do you mind me asking any tips on negotiating down and what your OTD price was? Anderson seemed to be straight forward from the get go, but I have not responded to their email yet.
  • caleb_lcaleb_l Member Posts: 2
    dbros said:

Just bought our honda exl for $32,700 + $400 pro pack (wheel locks, cargo net, rubber stripping on the doors) supposed to be $699 but I threatened not to close it and walk away... came out $33,100.00. I bought it from South Bay Honda here in Milpitas, CA...

@dbros‌ Do you mind sharing how much your tax, title, license fees were or was $33.1k OTD? We are also looking to get an EXL in the Bay Area (San Jose local). The initial email offers I am getting are 32,988-34,400 PRE TTL for a base EXL. Glad I visited this forum!
  • nabrikanabrika Member Posts: 4
    I received quote as below:

1. 2014 EX-L White : $31052 includes destination
    2. 2015 EX-L : $32083 includes destination
  • fall_14fall_14 Member Posts: 2
    nabrika said:

I received quote as below:

1. 2014 EX-L White : $31052 includes destination
    2. 2015 EX-L : $32083 includes destination

@nabrika That looks like a great quote. Can you please tell us the location or dealer info? thanks!