Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2014 Nissan Frontier Lease Questions

steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,271
edited January 29 in Nissan

Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Nissan Frontier leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Frontier, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Nissan Frontier page.

To see all forums discussions about the Nissan Frontier, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Nissan Frontier discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Moderator
Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

«1

Comments

  • jm2009jm2009 Posts: 2

    No comments

  • vint280slvint280sl Posts: 9

    Do you have any information on current lease terms for the Frontier, e.g money factor, percent residual, etc.? I'm working on the following deal: 2014 SV Crew Cab with Bedliner and Tow, Dealer Invoice-$25178, Lease Price-$24900, Tax, Title, and License-$1727.25, Acquisition Fee-$595, Net Cap Cost-$27222.25. Thanks D.E.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @vint280sl said: Do you have any information on current lease terms for the Frontier, e.g money factor, percent residual, etc.? I'm working on the following deal: 2014 SV Crew Cab with Bedliner and Tow, Dealer Invoice-$25178, Lease Price-$24900, Tax, Title, and License-$1727.25, Acquisition Fee-$595, Net Cap Cost-$27222.25. Thanks D.E.

    What is the lease term and miles per year?

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818

    @vint280sl said: Do you have any information on current lease terms for the Frontier, e.g money factor, percent residual, etc.? I'm working on the following deal: 2014 SV Crew Cab with Bedliner and Tow, Dealer Invoice-$25178, Lease Price-$24900, Tax, Title, and License-$1727.25, Acquisition Fee-$595, Net Cap Cost-$27222.25. Thanks D.E.

    .00163 MF and 61% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 4X2 Automatic

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • vint280slvint280sl Posts: 9

    Thanks. It's for 12,000 miles per year. Does that change it much? D.E.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818

    @vint280sl said: Thanks. It's for 12,000 miles per year. Does that change it much? D.E.

    Add 1% for 12K/yr

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • vint280slvint280sl Posts: 9

    I have another question. Why is the residual value so arbitrary? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in loses only 35% based on trade value over a three year period. Is this just another area where dealers build in profit, and is the residual off limits in a negotiation? Thanks. D.E.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @vint280sl said: I have another question. Why is the residual value so arbitrary? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in loses only 35% based on trade value over a three year period. Is this just another area where dealers build in profit, and is the residual off limits in a negotiation? Thanks. D.E.

    The residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified by the dealer nor the customer.

    Is it a profit area? Why wouldn't it be? The money factors are so low - on the order of 1/2% to around 3-4%, that the residual becomes the only place where profit is available.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • vint280slvint280sl Posts: 9

    I asked the dealer to raise the residual and/or lower the rate on his offer and his reply was that the Nissan financing company doesn't allow him to do that. OK. Do you think it is reasonable to go into a lease expecting to buy the car for the "low" residual and sell it at a higher market value? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in depreciates only 35% based on trade-in value, and only 31% based on private sale retail over a three year period, instead of the 38% in the contract. The dealer suggested this as and I think it is a reasonable response as it also mitigates the moral hazard that arises with a fixed residual value, i.e. I am incentivized to keep the car in excellent shape for resale. Do you ever get into the discussion this deep? Thanks. D.E.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @vint280sl said: I asked the dealer to raise the residual and/or lower the rate on his offer and his reply was that the Nissan financing company doesn't allow him to do that. OK. Do you think it is reasonable to go into a lease expecting to buy the car for the "low" residual and sell it at a higher market value? It is easy to find evidence on the web, Edmunds, AutoTrader.com, that the car I am interested in depreciates only 35% based on trade-in value, and only 31% based on private sale retail over a three year period, instead of the 38% in the contract. The dealer suggested this as and I think it is a reasonable response as it also mitigates the moral hazard that arises with a fixed residual value, i.e. I am incentivized to keep the car in excellent shape for resale. Do you ever get into the discussion this deep? Thanks. D.E.

    This is not too deep - this is a common question / concern.

    The residual value set by the finance company is a bet on the expected value after a set amount of time. Sometimes they win, and sometimes they lose. When they lose, you can buy the car at the agreed upon residual value and then resell it for market value, pocketing the profit. Finance companies will insure the vehicle so if the market value is less than the contract residual value at the end of the lease, they are made whole (kind of like GAP coverage at the retail level).

    It's also important to remember that not one guide, website or book has ever bought a car. Each car is worth what the dealer will pay - no more, no less. Yes, condition and miles come into play, so it behooves you to maintain it well during the lease term.

    Bottom line - the residual value is fixed by NMAC and can't be modified. All you can control are the MF the dealer uses - it can be marked up from the base rate - and the negotiated selling price -just like in a purchase, lower is better.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • vint280slvint280sl Posts: 9

    Thanks so much. You are a scholar and gentleman/lady, and your responses help tremendously. D.E.

  • ashcarashcar Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me the residual and MF for a Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab SV?
    12k 36m and 15k 36m
    Thanks in advance!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,818

    @ashcar said: Can someone tell me the residual and MF for a Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab SV? 12k 36m and 15k 36m Thanks in advance!

    .00163 MF and 63% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Add 1% for 12K/yr.

    Subtract 3% for manual transmission

    MODERATOR
    Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

  • ashcarashcar Posts: 2
    Awesome thank you appreciate the quick response!
  • goosekakagoosekaka Posts: 1
    Can I get the info for a 2014 CC, 36m/15k for the SL & Pro4x please?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @goosekaka said: Can I get the info for a 2014 CC, 36m/15k for the SL & Pro4x please?

    MF is .00163 for both trims.

    SL - 57% for 4x2, 60% for 4x4

    Pro4x - 59% for manual, 61% for automatic.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • tm5150tm5150 Posts: 3

    Hi - do you have MF and residual % for 36month, under 15k lease on 2014 CC SV 4x4, auto.

    Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @tm5150 said: Hi - do you have MF and residual % for 36month, under 15k lease on 2014 CC SV 4x4, auto.

    Thanks!

    62% and .00143

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • tm5150tm5150 Posts: 3

    Thanks for the response.

  • tm5150tm5150 Posts: 3

    Another question

    On nissanusa.com they are showing a lease deal on a "2014 Frontier CC SV 4x4 AT SWB with Mats lease model 32414". For the lease deal they quote MSPR at 28,455. They also quote Net capitalized cost of $25,341 (includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee).

    Is the net capitalized the same as invoice cost?

    If so, this seems to be a great deal. Edmunds shows invoice for this model w/Mats at 27060. That puts the lease deal at $1719 under invoice!!. Is that right....am I missing something!?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @tm5150 said: Another question

    On nissanusa.com they are showing a lease deal on a "2014 Frontier CC SV 4x4 AT SWB with Mats lease model 32414". For the lease deal they quote MSPR at 28,455. They also quote Net capitalized cost of $25,341 (includes a $595 non-refundable acquisition fee).

    Is the net capitalized the same as invoice cost?

    If so, this seems to be a great deal. Edmunds shows invoice for this model w/Mats at 27060. That puts the lease deal at $1719 under invoice!!. Is that right....am I missing something!?

    The net cap cost can be less than invoice due to dealer "contribution" (read: discount) and lease cash (rebate).

    Seem a good cap cost amount.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • club619club619 Posts: 59

    Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following: 1. SV 2. Pro4X 3. SL. Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @club619 said: Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following: 1. SV 2. Pro4X 3. SL. Thanks!

    We don't yet have any August numbers for Nissan .. check back with us later in the week.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • club619club619 Posts: 59

    @Michaell said: We don't yet have any August numbers for Nissan

    Do you have the July #'s still available?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @club619 said: Do you have the July #'s still available?

    The July numbers expired on 7/31.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • club619club619 Posts: 59
    edited August 6

    @club619 said: Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following: 1. SV 2. Pro4X Thanks!

    Also curious what the difference between residual is between the 4WD and the 2WD on the SV. I was quoted 60% for the 2WD and 63% for the 4WD yesterday but didn't get anything in writing so wanted to confirm. Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @club619 said: Wanted to see about getting August #'s for 36/10k on CC, 4x4, SWB for zip 75069 on the following: 1. SV 2. Pro4X Thanks!

    Also curious what the difference between residual is between the 4WD and the 2WD on the SV. I was quoted 60% for the 2WD and 63% for the 4WD yesterday but didn't get anything in writing so wanted to confirm. Thanks!

    36/10 Residuals:

    SV 4x4 - 64%

    Pro4X - 62%

    SV 4x2 - 61%

    36 month MF is .00143

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • club619club619 Posts: 59
    edited August 6

    @Michaell said: 36/10 Residuals: SV 4x4 - 64% Pro4X - 62% SV 4x2 - 61%

    Dealers can't adjust residual correct? Guess I'll now ask dealer if it was a typo on the 60% quote I just got for a 4x2 SV, or if they are just trying to markup the costs. Also--these numbers are for 36/12k correct? I realize I had typed 36/10k, but looks like Nissan doesn't do 10k. Also wanted to confirm this was for the V6, not the 4cyl.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,372

    @club619 said: Dealers can't adjust residual correct?

    Correct - they are established by the finance company (NMAC) and cannot be modified.

    Guess I'll now ask dealer if it was a typo on the 60% quote I just got for a 4x2 SV, or if they are just trying to markup the costs. Also--these numbers are for 36/12k correct? I realize I had typed 36/10k, but looks like Nissan doesn't do 10k.

    I didn't see that ... subtract 1% from the numbers I gave you for 12K leases.

    Also wanted to confirm this was for the V6, not the 4cyl.

    Nissan residual values are not affected by what engine is under the hood.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • club619club619 Posts: 59
    edited August 7

    Thanks @Michaell! 2 add'l questions 1. any word on when the 2015's will be coming out? 2. in the past, does NMAC do better #'s in September? Many dealers usually have good labor day sales, as well as this being the last month in the quarter...debating on whether it's smarter to buy now or wait a month (or more).

    Thanks!

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.