Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Acura RDX. How much did you pay?

hotskatehotskate Posts: 6
edited August 12 in Acura
I have a 2013 TL and looking to get my wife the rdx tech

I was offered: is this a good deal?
My cost on it is $37,049. If we agree on $500 markup (rounded down) that would be sales price of $37,500. Tax is $3037. Doc is $449. Plates are $667. So that would total $41.653.

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,865
    edited May 12

It's hard wrapping my head around the idea that the 2015 models are already out for some cars. :)

The Tech Package (FWD) invoices for $37,097 as you note. TMV is $39,195, so $37,500 would be a price well below "average". Most people are paying closer to MSRP.

The doc fee looks a bit high and I assume the plate fee isn't negotiable at all. But you're doing good "by the book".

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• hotskatehotskate Posts: 6

Thank you for the information. I thought is sounded good as well.

• hotskatehotskate Posts: 6
    They are also throwing tints, wheel locks, paint protector, and trunk tray.
  • rdxandravrdxandrav Posts: 1

For 2013, one year ago, we paid $37,200 for RDX w/Tech Pkg.($4K). However do not buy it since the Navigation system is inaccurate and the regular sound system is fine. Instead buy a good Garmin GPS ($125+) for accuracy and free updates, plus, traffic.

• I bought a silver 2015 RDX last month. I got the AWD without tech. for $34,600 + TTL, but tax is about the highest in the country here in CA. Got a decent price on my trade in which made the deal worth it for me, but I'm sure there are people who paid less. After a month and 1,800 miles I am extremely pleased. Lowest MPG average for a tank was 24.5 highest was 28.8. I feel like the car itself, is a great value and would have paid more for it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,236

Congrats on the new Acura!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Paid $37.6K before tax, registration and doc fee for AWD w/Tech in northern NJ. Had free all weather mats thrown in too.

• That sounds like a great deal, congrats...good that you got the mats. I got the mats, cargo cover, cargo tray, and net from Amazon for substantial savings. What color did you end up getting?

• black w/ black interior. my only hangup is that the navigation and voice command could be better, but the price is great compared to competitors.

• aeropatelaeropatel Posts: 5
    edited September 2

I posted in the 2014 thread but wanted to post here again since the final price was a bit different. I apologize I don't have the exact breakdown in front of me but my tax rate is 7.25% (DuPage County, Illinois) and I had new plates so that should help figure out the ballpark pricing.

2015 RDX AWD - Tech Package (Pearl Black Exterior/Ebony Interior)

Sale price: $37.9k OTD: ~$42.5k

Included Accessories:

Acura remote start system w/ 2 remotes, All-season floor mats, Cargo tray, Splash guards, Wheel locks, First-Aid kit, Body moldings

Other (Included in OTD price): 4yr/60K maintenance ($724)

I mainly opted for the maintenance package as the oil changes over 4 years themselves would eat up majority of that upfront payment. Plus, having the dealer do all the other scheduled services doesn't hurt. Worst case scenario, the maintenance over 4 years doesn't cost $724 and I lose out on about $200-300. Best case scenario, I come out ahead considering the cost of oil changes over 4 years plus any 30K/60K services.

Also I traded in my 2004 Lexus RX330 with 148K miles for close to $7k. Lexus and few other dealers had appraised it at about $5k due to being "beat up." Although it wasn't as bad as the other dealerships made it sound, anything above $6k was a good deal for me considering the condition of the car.

With everything said and done, I paid about $36k.

• chimpi99chimpi99 Posts: 15

Anyone got a 2015 Base RDX during the long weekend? if so, what is your sale price? thanks

Congrats @aeropatel and thanks for posting that info!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Edited:

OTD price was $41,600

@aeropatel said: I posted in the 2014 thread but wanted to post here again since the final price was a bit different. I apologize I don't have the exact breakdown in front of me but my tax rate is 7.25% (DuPage County, Illinois) and I had new plates so that should help figure out the ballpark pricing.

2015 RDX AWD - Tech Package (Pearl Black Exterior/Ebony Interior)

Sale price: $37.9k OTD: ~$42.5k

Included Accessories:

Acura remote start system w/ 2 remotes, All-season floor mats, Cargo tray, Splash guards, Wheel locks, First-Aid kit, Body moldings

Other (Included in OTD price): 4yr/60K maintenance ($724)

I mainly opted for the maintenance package as the oil changes over 4 years themselves would eat up majority of that upfront payment. Plus, having the dealer do all the other scheduled services doesn't hurt. Worst case scenario, the maintenance over 4 years doesn't cost $724 and I lose out on about $200-300. Best case scenario, I come out ahead considering the cost of oil changes over 4 years plus any 30K/60K services.

Also I traded in my 2004 Lexus RX330 with 148K miles for close to $7k. Lexus and few other dealers had appraised it at about $5k due to being "beat up." Although it wasn't as bad as the other dealerships made it sound, anything above $6k was a good deal for me considering the condition of the car.

With everything said and done, I paid about $36k.

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,763

@road_gypsy said: I bought a silver 2015 RDX last month. I got the AWD without tech. for $34,600 + TTL, but tax is about the highest in the country here in CA. Got a decent price on my trade in which made the deal worth it for me, but I'm sure there are people who paid less. After a month and 1,800 miles I am extremely pleased. Lowest MPG average for a tank was 24.5 highest was 28.8. I feel like the car itself, is a great value and would have paid more for it.

Which dealer did you purchase at???????????

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• chimpi99chimpi99 Posts: 15

Hi all - we got a 2015 acura rdx base with tint and wheel locks for 32.5k (35 otd) in DFW area. hope we got a good deal.

• wolfrajwolfraj Posts: 1

All - I booked my 2015 Acura RDX (Black exterior - Ebony interior) AWD with Tech package for 37.6k (Tax/Reg extra) in Bay Area, CA. No additional accessories though. Is this a good deal or did I pay more ?

edited September 6

@wolfraj, TMV when I spec it out for a SoCal zip is $39,151. Invoice (with destination) is $38,877.

So you are doing better than the "average" and you must be eating into the dealer holdback or other hood money by getting a quote below invoice.

It looks like @aeropatel may have gotten a few more accessories thrown in on his IL deal, but you're close.

Enjoy the new ride (you too @chimpi99 !).

• @aeropatel‌ can you please share your dealers name?I'm in market for Acura RDX in Chicago area.

Thanks in Advance