Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





2015 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
edited August 11 in Toyota
This discussion was created from comments split from: 2014 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience.

If you have recently purchased a 2015 Toyota Highlander, please share your experience here.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2015 Toyota Highlander page.

To see all forums discussions about the Toyota Highlander, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Toyota Highlander discussions.

Moderator
Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

Comments

  • danznjdanznj Posts: 2

    Does anyone know what options will change with 2015 highlander ? Tkay2 - do you have any information now ? August 6 is soon, so if takay2 is correct, then everyone will know the pricing.

  • tkay2tkay2 Posts: 43

    They will not have numbers until (Dealers etc.) My Guy says call him Aug. 5th after 1pm. Production will start Aug. 6th....He told me the vehicle I want is scheduled to be built Aug ( 2015 AWD XLE (Black with Ecru into) Dealer cannot quote me a price till the Aug 5th. ( I have the printout of the vehicle but blank MSRP.

  • Request to the Mods - 2015s are on the dealer lots. Can we please have a 2015 Highlander Prices Paid thread? I'm already starting to negotiate.

  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252

    @andyman1970, good suggestion, thanks. Hope you find this okay. :)

    Moderator
    Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

  • Thanks stever - all found now

  • dsoy1998dsoy1998 Posts: 8

    On 26 july 2014, I ordered a new 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in Blizzard Pearl over Ash interior. OTD price is $36,395 (T,T,L Not included). Options include Remote Start, 2nd Row Captain's Chairs, Body Side Molding, Rear Bumper Protector, Carpet & All Weather Mats w/Cargo Liner AND of course that extra cost for Special Paint! Cannot Wait!

  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,777
    edited August 18

    dsoy1998 - Here is my recent quote from a local dealer in MA last week. It is a 2014 XLE AWD (with no accessories) for $36,254 with dest. charge (MSRP is $38,585). I'd like to tell you the OTD price but it doesn't make sense to you since tax, title, registration, dealer fee are vary. Your price seems very attractive for the 2015 model! Does it include the remote starter (OEM?), all-weather mats, cargo tray, etc? What is the deliver date?

  • tkay2tkay2 Posts: 43

    Anyone know the average time it takes for the vehicle to arrive in the USA after it is built ?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 6,328

    @tkay2 said: Anyone know the average time it takes for the vehicle to arrive in the USA after it is built ?

    6-8 weeks?

    Really, just an educated guess on my part. Is your car coming from Japan? I thought the Highlanders were all built in the USA.

    MODERATOR
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2010 Mazda CX-7 GT / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4
    Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

  • tkay2tkay2 Posts: 43

    Your right Ind. I think 10 days or less when built.

  • firedustfiredust Posts: 1
    edited September 12
    Went out today in Atlanta to buy a Highlander Limited. Settled on one with the floor mats and driver tech package only for $40,466. Car includes toyoguard that I couldn't get them to remove. This beat the Costco price without Toyoguard of $40,600. Out the door price is just under $44k. They claim availability is low and we will need to wait up to 30 days.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    edited September 12
    I often wonder what kind of quotes you folks in Georgia would get up in Chattanooga or even Nashville, if you were willing to drive that far. Chattanooga is still kind of a small town but they aren't in that Southeast Toyota region and may be a bit cheaper. I have family in Chattanooga and had some work done on my Tercel at the dealer there, but that (obviously I guess) was a long time ago - 1984ish. Most stuff does seem a bit expensive when I visit there a couple of times a year so maybe their car prices aren't very good either.

    Moderator
    Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

  • Just bought a 2015 XLE yesterday with Cream Brulee exterior and Black interior for 38,200. Supposed to be my wife's last car .... I hope, :).
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,252
    Congrats!

    Moderator
    Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

  • d1wmd1wm Posts: 1
    I hope you guys have a better experience than me. I purchased a brand new 2015 XLE Highlander (Blizzard Perl). It had 4miles on it when I picked it up from the dealership on the 16th of August. One week later when pulling into the driveway with the windows opened, I noticed the engine had a loud clicking/ticking sound. I scheduled an appointment with the dealership and dropped it off on the 27th of August where it still sits today (22 September).

    Needless to day, the engine has been completely dissembled down to the bare pistons, valves, etc. It was reassembled and its still making a very loud clicking noise. The dealership is now ordering a brand new V6 engine from the factory to replace it.

    I've asked for a buy-back or complete replacement from Toyota corporate, but they have not budged yet and said they are not legally obligated to buy the defective/faulty vehicle from me. I have now requested arbitration in an effort to get a new non-defective 2015 highlander. It only had 300 miles!!!!

    I understand a defective vehicle can roll of the factory line once in awhile, but what I can't understand is the resistance from Toyota corporate to buy the vehicle back from me. Very strange -- considering I've been a loyal Toyota consumer for a number of years now.

    Very frustrated -- hope you guys have a better experience. And definitely take the vehicle for a complete test drive before signing the papers and driving it off the lot. You don't want to be in the same situation as myself.

    Best of luck - Derek
  • Just bought a 2015 XLE yesterday with Cream Brulee exterior and Black interior for 38,200. Supposed to be my wife's last car .... I hope, :).

    Can you share itemization on this price?
  • dsoy1998dsoy1998 Posts: 8
    lok888 said:

    dsoy1998 - Here is my recent quote from a local dealer in MA last week. It is a 2014 XLE AWD (with no accessories) for $36,254 with dest. charge (MSRP is $38,585). I'd like to tell you the OTD price but it doesn't make sense to you since tax, title, registration, dealer fee are vary. Your price seems very attractive for the 2015 model! Does it include the remote starter (OEM?), all-weather mats, cargo tray, etc? What is the deliver date?

    lok888, sorry I missed your response for so long. For the XLE it did have the after market remote start, all weather mats, and no cargo tray. I actually moved on from the XLE to the Limited AWD which pushed my delivery of the new vehicle to 8 October. I ordered it on 3 September. The Limited cost me $39,500 w/o tax and has the following options/accessories:

    2015 Highlander Limited AWD

    Red Exterior over Black Interior

    Remote Start (After Market)

    Running Boards

    Body Side Molding

    Rear Bumper Protector

    All Weather Mats w/Cargo Liner

    Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

    Door Edge Guards

    Cargo Net
  • funguy123funguy123 Posts: 94
    dsoy1998 said:

    lok888 said:

    dsoy1998 - Here is my recent quote from a local dealer in MA last week. It is a 2014 XLE AWD (with no accessories) for $36,254 with dest. charge (MSRP is $38,585). I'd like to tell you the OTD price but it doesn't make sense to you since tax, title, registration, dealer fee are vary. Your price seems very attractive for the 2015 model! Does it include the remote starter (OEM?), all-weather mats, cargo tray, etc? What is the deliver date?

    lok888, sorry I missed your response for so long. For the XLE it did have the after market remote start, all weather mats, and no cargo tray. I actually moved on from the XLE to the Limited AWD which pushed my delivery of the new vehicle to 8 October. I ordered it on 3 September. The Limited cost me $39,500 w/o tax and has the following options/accessories:

    2015 Highlander Limited AWD

    Red Exterior over Black Interior

    Remote Start (After Market)

    Running Boards

    Body Side Molding

    Rear Bumper Protector

    All Weather Mats w/Cargo Liner

    Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

    Door Edge Guards

    Cargo Net
    dsoy,

    What was your MSRP, I am looking for something similar. Also did you had to negotiate a lot?
  • dsoy1998dsoy1998 Posts: 8
    funguy123 said:

    dsoy1998 said:



    dsoy,

    What was your MSRP, I am looking for something similar. Also did you had to negotiate a lot?

    Funguy, the MSRP is $44,220. I called the dealers in the KC area and received quotes from them, The dealer closet to me was the most aggressive and wouldn't let another dealer beat them.
  • funguy123funguy123 Posts: 94
    dsoy1998 said:

    funguy123 said:

    dsoy1998 said:



    dsoy,

    What was your MSRP, I am looking for something similar. Also did you had to negotiate a lot?

    Funguy, the MSRP is $44,220. I called the dealers in the KC area and received quotes from them, The dealer closet to me was the most aggressive and wouldn't let another dealer beat them.
    That is 10.67% lower than MSRP. Great job. That should be new standard. I going shoot for that, let's see how it goes.
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,777
    edited October 7
    dsoy1998 said:

    lok888 said:

    dsoy1998 - Here is my recent quote from a local dealer in MA last week. It is a 2014 XLE AWD (with no accessories) for $36,254 with dest. charge (MSRP is $38,585). I'd like to tell you the OTD price but it doesn't make sense to you since tax, title, registration, dealer fee are vary. Your price seems very attractive for the 2015 model! Does it include the remote starter (OEM?), all-weather mats, cargo tray, etc? What is the deliver date?

    lok888, sorry I missed your response for so long. For the XLE it did have the after market remote start, all weather mats, and no cargo tray. I actually moved on from the XLE to the Limited AWD which pushed my delivery of the new vehicle to 8 October. I ordered it on 3 September. The Limited cost me $39,500 w/o tax and has the following options/accessories:

    2015 Highlander Limited AWD

    Red Exterior over Black Interior

    Remote Start (After Market)

    Running Boards

    Body Side Molding

    Rear Bumper Protector

    All Weather Mats w/Cargo Liner

    Carpet Floor Mats and Cargo Mat

    Door Edge Guards

    Cargo Net
    This is a Limited Platinum, right? So it is $39.5K with these accessories, isn't it? If yes, it would be $1K less (or more) without the accessories.
  • dsoy1998dsoy1998 Posts: 8
    This is a Limited Platinum, right? So it is $39.5K with these accessories, isn't it? If yes, it would be $1K less (or more) without the accessories.


    Vehicle is not a Platinum. Although I would of bought one as the price would of been about the same, but she didn't care about the panoramic roof, tech pkg etc... but did want the add on's instead. And we wanted to stay under or close to $40K as possible.
  • dsoy1998dsoy1998 Posts: 8
    dsoy1998 said:

    This is a Limited Platinum, right? So it is $39.5K with these accessories, isn't it? If yes, it would be $1K less (or more) without the accessories.

    Vehicle is not a Platinum. Although I would of bought one as the price would of been about the same, but my wife didn't care about the panoramic roof, tech pkg etc... but did want the add on's instead. And we wanted to stay under or close to $40K as possible.

  • mq005mq005 Posts: 1
    Paid $36,950 + taxes for 2015 Highlander XLE from Freehold, NJ dealer. No add-ons. Ordered at end of September. Will take delivery of end of Oct 2014. This is the lowest price I found off the internet. Am thinking of a remote starter, mud guards and rear bumper protector but dealer has not responded to a single call in 2 weeks!
    Is this a good deal?
  • vtbrianvtbrian Posts: 7
    mq005 - AWD or FWD? For what it's worth I was able to snag an AWD XLE (no add ons) for 35700 (+dealer fee, taxes, etc) in northern virginia. truecar/bank buying service was very useful in getting this price.
Sign In or Register to comment.