Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid

Comments

• wowsamwowsam Posts: 3
    My negotiation strategy that I have settled on (at least to start) is to work down from an MSRP for car and options above. Since the MSRP of the car and options is 46.6, I have asked for an 11% discount off MSRP for a sales price of $41,502. Then will add in TTL $79 and 499 dealer documentation fees (they all seem to have something like this) and sales tax of 4.05% (Virginia). I am hinging deal on getting 7K trading allowance on my 2012 Honda Pilot. Will then request the lease for 36 mo/36000 miles with the 60% residual (high but actually lowers payments but makes lease buyout higher) and MF of 0.0018 for prime + credit. Maybe will send to 5 dealers and ask the one who can meet or exceed to email me....I don't like to mess around at dealer...want everything sorted BEFORE I walk in.
  • I am getting a quote of $35900 for XLE with Towing package, White Blizzard with Ash interior. Good price? This is in SoCal.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    @wowsam, whatever works for you is the way to go.

There's a lot different ways to get to the same selling price - there's a recent debate going on around here about whether to offer a price yourself or get quotes first (so you don't offer too much) and then play the dealers off each other. Others like to start their "formula" with invoice, but that's an issue too, since invoice isn't a "real" number either. Dealers get holdback and spiffs and bonuses from the manufacturer so the real cost of a car to them is lower than invoice - sometimes quite a bit lower.

You have another wrinkle with the trade in. If you are near a CarMax it helps to see what price they would give you.

I am getting a quote of $35900 for XLE with Towing package, White Blizzard with Ash interior. Good price? This is in SoCal.

For a 90210 zip code (hey, what else would someone not in CA use? B) ), I get these numbers:

Invoice - $35,835

MSRP - $39,284

True Market Value $37,818

I assumed you're shopping AWD since you are looking at the towing package, but it's SoCal, so if you want FWD, then you can use my link to Build and Price your own Highlander. Those numbers include destination too btw. For the AWD model, your quote is right at invoice and well under the "average" TMV price, so you're doing good.

You could take your current quote and shop it around. I don't know your dealers there, but Carson Toyota used to do a lot of "internet" sales, so it'd be good to get a price from them at least. Good luck!
  • Yes, I was looking for an AWD.

Also got some quotes on LE Plus, AWD with towing package at $34,322 (white blizzard with ash interior).

Any recommendations on LE plus compared with XLE? Will be using mostly for city driving with some excursions into mountains / desert.
    edited January 2015
    Hm, I'm not that up on the style levels. But I'd go with the XLE because of this from our review:

"The four-cylinder Highlander LE is rated to tow up to 1,500 pounds. An LE or LE Plus V6 is rated up to 2,000 pounds. A properly equipped Highlander XLE or Limited (with standard heavy-duty radiator, alternator and supplemental oil cooler) can tow up to 5,000 pounds."

For towing, it's really, really nice to have that extra margin, even if you never plan to get close to the lower towing limits of the Plus.
  • gksgytjd89gksgytjd89 Los AngelesPosts: 3
    Question about the trims on toyota highlander.

So all the posts here does not mention anything about the LE model. Do they not carry the LE model or is it just that people are interested in other models?

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 68,466

Question about the trims on toyota highlander.

So all the posts here does not mention anything about the LE model. Do they not carry the LE model or is it just that people are interested in other models?

LE is the base model.. Most people want more options.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Looks like the XLE comes standard with leather seats. Does anyone know if this is real leather or softex or something? Additionally, does anyone know who the supplier of leather / seats for Toyota Highlander is?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 68,466

Looks like the XLE comes standard with leather seats. Does anyone know if this is real leather or softex or something? Additionally, does anyone know who the supplier of leather / seats for Toyota Highlander is?

Thanks

Like most cars, the seats are "leather trimmed". That usually means that the part that touches you is leather, and the rest is matching vinyl..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• It seems like in the Atlanta area, there are almost no Highlanders available. I just wondered if there is a national shortage or what?
    edited January 2015
    You can go to the Make|Model dropdown tabs above and click on the inventory tab there and double-check Hotlanta.

I don't see a single one listed near my old stomping grounds of Chattanooga. Odd - there's ~350 around Newark NJ.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve San Jose, CaPosts: 176

Looks like the XLE comes standard with leather seats. Does anyone know if this is real leather or softex or something? Additionally, does anyone know who the supplier of leather / seats for Toyota Highlander is?

Thanks

XLE is real leather on the front and second row. LE Plus is vinyl

imo; finding an XLE at invoice sounds pretty good to me.
  • dlseekdlseek Posts: 22
    Dealers in the Minneapolis area are almost all offering $300-$500 over invoice without even haggling, but they won't budge any lower. Typically the vehicles are staying on the lot less than 4 days.

• gandroidgandroid Bay AreaPosts: 11
    Same here in northern California. Truecar estimate is 34987 where as invoice is 34587. This is for FWD XLE.
  • wowsamwowsam Posts: 3
    So here was my lease deal. I hope this gives someone a good base to work with. Leased a 2015 blizzard white platinum AWD Limited Highlander with all weather mats and cargo cover, body side molding, remote start, and tow hitch/wiring harness for sale price of $42,500 with MSRP 46.7k with 0.0018 MF and residual of $27,150 (this is reportedly set by toyota and not based on accessories-about 60%). I let my 2012 Touring AWD Honda Pilot (37100 miles) go for 26500 (was hoping for 29000 trade in) which gave me $4500 in cap cost reduction in addition to another 3500 I put in the deal plus first month lease for a 36000 mile, 36 month lease. Monthly payment will be $399. Drive off cash = $4000
  • Bought 2015 XLE AWD Highlander with the towing package for $36500 plus T&L. This was in Western AZ. The price was ~$2000 less than anything comparable in Southern California where I live. Definitely worth the trip..

Congrats! Should work out well for that towing you plan to do too.

Bought 2015 XLE AWD Highlander with the towing package for $36500 plus T&L. This was in Western AZ. The price was ~$2000 less than anything comparable in Southern California where I live. Definitely worth the trip..

Did they charge you the Calif. tax? or do you take care of that when you come home with the car? Was the tow package added on by the dealer or was it from the factory? and lastly can you share the name of the dealership? I'm looking for a Highlander equipted the exact same way. The price you paid sounds pretty good to me.
  • Looks like the XLE comes standard with leather seats. Does anyone know if this is real leather or softex or something? Additionally, does anyone know who the supplier of leather / seats for Toyota Highlander is?

Thanks

The first two rows of the XLE are leather with the 3rd row being softex.

• i bought the XLE FWD in gray exterior with back interior with floor mats + cargo net + first aid kit + roof cross bars +cargo cover + mud guards in orange county, ca back on new year's day for $34,050 + TTL. i got all the extra accessories added in because i bought the warranty and extended toyota care.
  • I received this quote on a 2015 LE Plus. Think I can do better? Richard

Sales Price: $ 32,226.47

State Tax: 6.2500% $ 2,014.15
    Veh Inv Tax: .21990% $ 70.87
    Total Fee/Options: $ 279.50
    Unpaid Balance: $ 34,590.99

OTD Total Financed: $ 34,590.99
    I just wanted to state that I've been able to obtain invoice pricing for the Highlander XLE AWD in Northern Calif. I had to first find a dealer willing to offer a no hassle bid over the internet who is a two hour drive away in an area that does not have an economy as robust as Silicon Valley. Local (SV) dealers either were unwilling to provide a no hassle bid or were $1,000 to $1,500 above invoice with the promise to match all "local" offers. I figure if the offer is somewhere in Northern California, that counts as local. I'm inclined to give the business to the dealer that gave me the initial bid without making me jump through hoops - just seems wrong to allow someone else to simply match a bid - they need to beat that bid if they want my business. I also have used True Car pricing to verify what the Highlander is selling for, using different zip codes which verifies that Silicon Valley pays more for everything because there is a greater demand for everything. While True Car shows that some buyers have bought the Highlander for less than Invoice - I'm satisfied that invoice is a fair deal.
    edited March 2015
    My long drawn out search for an SUV has come to an end. I finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD with tow hitch. MSRP is $39,813, my deal was at invoice $36,883. plus CA tax, license and fees the OTD price was $40,593. I ended up financing half the purchase through a local credit union for 48 months at 1.5% which was too good to pass up. Because the color combo I wanted with a tow hitch was rare, it took me quite some time to find the exact car I wanted. Toyota's website will let you configure a car and tell you if it's available in a certain region (Northern California), but they don't point you to where the dealer is located - rather they just point you to your local Toyota dealer who will only say he can order the car from the factory.
    I searched over 20 individual dealer websites before I found my Highlander sitting on a lot in Walnut Creek.
    The folks there honored everything they put in writing and made the process fairly painless. The paperwork process is never fast enough for me and I hate the after market selling process. Happy with my purchase and relieved to move on and enjoy my new ride.
  • Was quoted $30,621 on a LE Plus in Austin Tx.
  • gerbiesgerbies Posts: 9
    I am curious if it's reasonable to find a Toyota Highlander XLE V6/AWD for invoice or less than invoice? I am in the CT area...
    gerbies said:

I am curious if it's reasonable to find a Toyota Highlander XLE V6/AWD for invoice or less than invoice? I am in the CT area...

gerbies; go to True Car to get an idea of what the Highlander XLE's are selling for in your area. I'd be surprised if you can't find an area near you where invoice pricing can be found. If you really know what you want and can find it sitting on a lot, ask for a quote. After you get the quote tell them you're willing to pay invoice - plain and simple, yes or no. If they agree make sure you get a OTD price with all fees spelled out and a description of the car before you go to the dealer.
  • gerbiesgerbies Posts: 9
    Great feedback...thanks!