Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Toyota Highlander Prices Paid

Comments

• Firedust, thanks for you input. I really didn't think any of the options were necessary. I am in the panhandle of Florida.
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,788
    I am shopping for a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in the Boston area. So far, the lowest quote is $35,123. Is it a good deal?

Here is the breakdown. It comes with cargo cover, carpeted floor mats & cargo liner, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. I also like to add the crossbars for extra or included with the price.

MSRP: $39,143
    Invoice: $39,179
    Sale price: $35,123

That is $1,056 below invoice or $4,020 off sticker.

Questions: Does the XLE (or other trims) come with carpeted floor mats? The website said this is a $130 accessory. Also, how good is it to get the 2nd row captian's chairs ($275)?
  • lok888 said:

Your invoice number is higher than MSRP ??

It looks to me like you got a great deal based upon the discount from MSRP though. Where was this?

I also just bought a 2015 XLE MSRP $38,890 tonight. I don't know invoice but I only got 8% off MSRP ($3,111) for a sale price of $35,781. Based upon the shopping I did, I was happy with this price. I also got a great deal (I think) on my trade.

I emailed with Bernardi in Framingham to ask if they would match the discount from MSRP as they had my first color choice and they said no way...with so little inventory around they wouldn't discount that much and told me no other dealer would.

Very happy so far with my decision/choice.

• steverstever Posts: 52,683
    I just skimmed over that reading the invoice as $36,xxx. You can look up the invoice on your new Highlander @frank33v by going to the Make|Model|Year tabs up top and doing a Build Your Own to get the style and options on yours.

Congrats!
    My mistake.... the invoice price is $36,179
    frank33v said:

lok888 said:

Your invoice number is higher than MSRP ??

It looks to me like you got a great deal based upon the discount from MSRP though. Where was this?

I also just bought a 2015 XLE MSRP $38,890 tonight. I don't know invoice but I only got 8% off MSRP ($3,111) for a sale price of $35,781. Based upon the shopping I did, I was happy with this price. I also got a great deal (I think) on my trade.

I emailed with Bernardi in Framingham to ask if they would match the discount from MSRP as they had my first color choice and they said no way...with so little inventory around they wouldn't discount that much and told me no other dealer would.

Very happy so far with my decision/choice.

frank33v - Your price is reasonable good. Where did you get yours? I contacted 2 dealers (Boch Toytota South and Prime Toyota) and their prices are in high $35Ks. My next stop is Toyota of Braintree which is just a few miles from me. It looks like MA has a better deal on Highlander.
  • Congratulations!
    Does the sale price $35,123 include the tax & fee?
    I know that our tax & fee is different since we live in different place.
    Just curious. What's your Out The Door price?

Thanks.

lok888 said:

I am shopping for a 2015 Highlander XLE AWD in the Boston area. So far, the lowest quote is $35,123. Is it a good deal?

Here is the breakdown. It comes with cargo cover, carpeted floor mats & cargo liner, rear bumper applique and wheel locks. I also like to add the crossbars for extra or included with the price.

Questions: Does the XLE (or other trims) come with carpeted floor mats? The website said this is a $130 accessory. Also, how good is it to get the 2nd row captian's chairs ($275)?

forkcars said:

Congratulations!
    Does the sale price $35,123 include the tax & fee?
    I know that our tax & fee is different since we live in different place.
    Just curious. What's your Out The Door price?

Thanks.

lok888 said:

The buy price of $35,123 includes the destination charge. It doesn't include the sale tax, DMV fees and dealer's fee ($350).
  • I see.
    thanks.

lok888 said:

The buy price of $35,123 includes the destination charge. It doesn't include the sale tax, DMV fees and dealer's fee ($350).

I am going to the dealer for a test drive tomorrow. Several dealers' offered me the low $35K for the 2015 Highlander XLE (includes the destination charge plus dealer's fee, tax and DMV fee). What well is it if I can get it under $35K? It is like over $4000 off MSRP.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,683
    I like the fact that you are under invoice. Throwing in the doc fee is an added bonus.
  • Did you check truecar.com price?
    You can configure your car on truecar.com, then they show a price(sale price).
    If your OTD price is lower than truecar's sale price, then you get a good deal.
    please let us know what's your truecar price.

Some friends told me the
    lok888 said:

I am going to the dealer for a test drive tomorrow. Several dealers' offered me the low $35K for the 2015 Highlander XLE (includes the destination charge plus dealer's fee, tax and DMV fee). What well is it if I can get it under $35K? It is like over $4000 off MSRP.

I just ordered a silver (with black interior) 2015 Highlander XLE AWD with carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34,500 (includes destination charge plus dealer's fee sale tax and DMV fee) over the weekend. The to-be-build date is 12/3/14 and it will probably arrive at the end of December or early January.

The only XLE AWD that the dealer has (in stock) is white along with the several Limited models (also in white, black and creme). They have a shoreline blue coming (or to be built) but it's still a few weeks away.

So far, I am happy with the pre-order experience. I test drove the XLE AWD and it is a prefect car for me. The only thing I would like to have is the hood struts, maybe I like to work on engine or regular maintenance. Let's see if Toyota has any upcoming promotion when it delivers.
  • Congratulations!!!!
    What's your zip code?
    I want to take a look at the numbers on truecar.com

lok888 said:

I just ordered a silver (with black interior) 2015 Highlander XLE AWD with carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34,500 (includes destination charge plus dealer's fee sale tax and DMV fee) over the weekend. The to-be-build date is 12/3/14 and it will probably arrive at the end of December or early January.

The only XLE AWD that the dealer has (in stock) is white along with the several Limited models (also in white, black and creme). They have a shoreline blue coming (or to be built) but it's still a few weeks away.

So far, I am happy with the pre-order experience. I test drove the XLE AWD and it is a prefect car for me. The only thing I would like to have is the hood struts, maybe I like to work on engine or regular maintenance. Let's see if Toyota has any upcoming promotion when it delivers.

I am in 02169. Like I mentioned before, most dealers can sell me this for low $35K. There is one (Expressway Toyota) quoted $34,488. And I added the all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34500 and they said yes.
  • wow.
    I am sorry that I am an idiot.
    I want to double check it: It's OTD price? your OTD price is lower than truecar's estimated price(before tax).

Thank you!
    Dealership is the worst business model in USA.

lok888 said:

I am in 02169. Like I mentioned before, most dealers can sell me this for low $35K. There is one (Expressway Toyota) quoted $34,488. And I added the all-weather mats and cargo liner for $34500 and they said yes.

This is just for the car price.... $34,500 includes destination charge, carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner. Extra costs are the dealer's fee ($369), 5% MA sale tax and $130 transfer plate fee. The dealer's first quote was $35,600 includes dest. charge & carpeted floor mats. I guess I had more luck on negotiating more on a pre-order model.
  • Thanks!
    Your price still looks very good!
    Your OTD is about $36700. your zip truecar estimated is $35400(before tax&fee).
    Your zip truecar average is $36600(before tax&fee).
    So, good deal, man!

So, everyone else!
    Please set your ceiling OTD to truecar average paid number! Not even one more cent to that number!!!!!!!!

Dealership business model is the worst business model in USA.
    The auto makers are not allow to sell cars directly to consumers!!!! This is NO sense!!!!!

Damn...... I want to buy a car from costco supermarket, not from dealers!!!!!!!!

lok888 said:

This is just for the car price.... $34,500 includes destination charge, carpeted floor mats, all-weather mats and cargo liner. Extra costs are the dealer's fee ($369), 5% MA sale tax and $130 transfer plate fee. The dealer's first quote was $35,600 includes dest. charge & carpeted floor mats. I guess I had more luck on negotiating more on a pre-order model.

• tkay2tkay2 Posts: 51
    2015 XLE AWD W/rear bumper cover & cargo cover OTD 37250.00 inc 6% sales tax doc title lic.
  • I have started negotiating for a 2015 Limited AWD. My recent experiences are that dealers are eager but not overly willing to budge on pricing, with strong reluctance to offer starting amounts under their invoice price.
  • 2015 XLE AWD with all weather mats and cargo liner. OTD (including 5% MA tax, doc fees, and state reg) $37,402. MSRP $38,810. Discount of $2,849. True Car estimate of $35,831. Selling Price of $35,961. I did get a good trade in value on my Subaru Outback.
  • jerryb10 said:

I am looking at a 2015 limited with the tech package. Are there any options that you would recommend? And what would you consider fair additional costs for OTD?

firedust said:

Jerry, I just bought this exact car for $40,466 (not including doc fee, tax, title, etc). One option they had included that I didn't know to remove was the floor mats. This is a $399 option for cheap $60 floor mats. I replaced them with $80 toyota factory rubber floor mats already. Our car is in the southeast and they muscled in the $699 toyoguard junk too. A REALLY good price on the car would be $39,300 but demand is high and Limiteds with only the driver tech package are hard to source from what I could tell.

We waited about 4 weeks for our car.

Been looking for Highlander Limited AWD with Driver Technology Package. Tried the Costco Auto Program. The way it works is Invoice Price ($40206) plus flat fee $750 = $40956 (includes destination charge). Other costs to be added: $595 dealer fee, sales tax, and $21. Only included options are floor mats and Driver Tech Package. I thought it was an okay deal, just not a great deal. Inventory wise, there were about 29 Limited AWD in the southeast back in mid October. I'm sure there are more models available now.
  • keano20keano20 Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    This website has been very helpful. Wished I notice there was a better deal in MA. Anyway I purchased a Gray/Gray XLE AWD with bench seat this Sunday at Jim Coleman Toyota (zip code 20817). Sale price was $35,140. (freight included), dealer processing charge $300.NJ tax and registration ($2,760), OTD ($38,200). True Car quoted me in NJ for 36,731, therefore saved $1591. They were nice enough give me a full tank of gas without me asking.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 68,432
    keano20 said:

This website has been very helpful. Wished I notice there was a better deal in MA. Anyway I purchased a Gray/Gray XLE AWD with bench seat this Sunday at Jim Coleman Toyota (zip code 20817). Sale price was $35,140. (freight included), dealer processing charge $300.NJ tax and registration ($2,760), OTD ($38,200). True Car quoted me in NJ for 36,731, therefore saved $1591. They were nice enough give me a full tank of gas without me asking.

Congrats on the car!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• scttprscttpr Dallas, TXPosts: 5
    Texas - I just bought a
    Vehicle: 2015 Highlander XLE FWD V6 Blizzard Pearl (special color) with Ash Leather
    Options: mud guards and cargo cover
    MSRP $37,893

Dealer included at no cost: tint ($399 msrp) and door cups\edge guards ($125 msrp)
    Paid $34,750 + TT&L

Dealer also waived their in/out fee of $500 fee (which should have been $250 max)
    *An in/out is a transaction is one where the seller finds a private buyer (who usually pays more than the dealer trade-in offer) and uses the dealership to process the paperwork. This allows the seller to apply the sale price of the old vehicle against the sale price of the new car (just as if it was traded) to reduce the amount of sales tax (which is 6.25% in Texas).

TrueCar was $35,934 (not including tint).
  • Just struck a deal on an XLE AWD for $34,750 plus TTL. True car for my zip is 36,603.  TMV is 36,907 and invoice is 35,305. 
    I'm pretty happy with this deal, especially with getting a decent number on my trade after some back and forth. 
  • I have a follow up question regarding buying experiences.  Since the dealer didn't have my preferred color, I'm waiting until they get one in, which I'm told will be a max of two weeks. We have a signed agreement with the numbers. I'm wondering what I can expect when going in for final delivery. Will they try to squeeze some extra fees in? What should I be aware of? Thanks for any input for this new car buying newbie. 
  • Congratulations!!!That's a super great deal.
    So, after TTL, what's your total OTD price?
    If the OTD price is close to the truecar's number, definitely it is a super good deal, almost the best deal!

No worries about the extra fee, but do prepare for waiting for more weeks since the delivery always get delayed.
    :-)

Just struck a deal on an XLE AWD for $34,750 plus TTL. True car for my zip is 36,603.  TMV is 36,907 and invoice is 35,305. 
    I'm pretty happy with this deal, especially with getting a decent number on my trade after some back and forth. 

• I expect 6% sales tax (PA) and other fees of about $200, so OTD of $37,035, so it's a little above Truecar's price. Hopefully it's not much more than that when I take delivery.
  • The price is almost best!
    You are the KING of car deal hunting.
    Everyone in this forum should be advised that your target OTD is truecar estimate number.
    I hate dealers!!!!!
    I wish the supermarket sell cars directly.
    dealership is the worst business model in USA.

I expect 6% sales tax (PA) and other fees of about $200, so OTD of $37,035, so it's a little above Truecar's price. Hopefully it's not much more than that when I take delivery.