Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    micki2micki2 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks IndyDriver. Excellent advice and I will definitely take it! That factory to dealer is something that I will be sure to bring up.

I did find out that the dealer is offering two years of scheduled maintenance!

I am ready to purchase. I would like to take possession before the end of the week. :)
  • Options
    accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    MSRP 32480.00
    My sale price- 27912.00 with free all season mats.

Thoughts ?
  • Options
    indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    Nice car.

I got $5000 off $30,180 list from the rural dealer which was $640 less than the next dealer. So, you are in the range, especially if you bought from your neighborhood dealer. What color?
  • Options
    rich2001rich2001 Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind saying where in MA you bought? Also, what was the "doc prep" and "registry run" charge?
  • Options
    abatraabatra Member Posts: 35
    Just got this quote for a 2011 Accord SE Sedan:
    Base $21,219.00
    sales tax 1399.24
    lic & fees 373.00
    doc fee is 75.00
    total OTD $23,066.24

Seems a little high compared to some other posts - this is in the Twin cities, MN area. Any thoughts on how much I can push these guys?
  • Options
    sammy2074sammy2074 Member Posts: 8
    MSRP - 28105

Price Paid - 23546 (Mud guards, Splash Guards Included)
    Doc Fee - 156
    Transfer - 120
  • Options
    inthecityinthecity Member Posts: 2
    Got it from Boch Honda. I also got another quote from a neighborhood dealer who sells fixed price for 24011 which includes an extended warranty for 7yr/100K and lifetime loaner cars for services.. I chose the lower upfront price instead.

This is for EX-L 4 cylinder.

Doc is 298
    Registration and title : 125
  • Options
    This is actually my 3rd Accord coupe of this generation.. I had a 2008 EX automatic in San Marino Red, a 2009 EX-L V6 automatic- no navi in Crystal black pearl, and now the 2011 EX-L V6 6 speed manual with navi in belize blue pearl...
  • Options
    marvinkenwoodmarvinkenwood Member Posts: 2
    (Just got this quote for a 2011 Accord SE Sedan:
    Base $21,219.00)

I was quoted at a Dealer in NJ. Base Price for a Honda Accord SE, $20,000, a month ago. I am still deciding what I want. Maybe Toyota, maybe the Honda. No Tax, No Lic and Fees, No Doc, etc. Never asked the Dealer, about the extra Fees.

.............Marv
  • Options
    jngo1jngo1 Member Posts: 21
    Good morning

just bought 2011 honda accord ex-l v6 [NO NAV/spoiler], mrsp 30180 + couple of junks they added --> 31250, black exterior, wheat interior

out the door 27K [dealers in Houston - Gillman auto SW freeway]

I also got discounted first month off the loan because this is the 3rd honda that we buy
    the dealer tried to chip us by giving us a bad financing rate [5s%] even though I have excellence credit. We took the loan because they would give us 500 dolllars off because of multi-generations honda [specials only good for accord or pilots accord to them]

mrsp 31250
    out the door price - ~27000
    traded in -3000
    cash -2000
    loans term ~ 22000s
    5% for 3years - 650s/month
    [we have to write the check for the first month of 150 dollars instead of 650 to get the 500 dollars off]

we will probably go to other banks to refinance the lease ~3%/yr in 30-60 days or pay them off in 12 months anyways

let us know if you have questions
    The selling manager is very reasonable but the financing dept could be a problems and could throw you some curve balls
  • Options
    jngo1jngo1 Member Posts: 21
    mrsp 31250
    out the door price 27000 [plus 500 dollars off w/ the loans if you have an old honda or co-own another honda, just bring a family member w/ you to co-sign the loans]

as above, sorry, corrections - this is a fixed loan term for 3 years, not a lease.

also they have specials because this is the end of the month and they are trying to get rid of these hondas

the manager name is Johnny PHO and Harrington

please do call 'em if you want to consider buying :) :P
  • Options
    psyevolutionpsyevolution Member Posts: 26
    is the price including tax...
    i got a qoute 27500 otd
    2011 coup 4v no navi
  • Options
    java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Bought 2011 Accord EX-L-V6 Coupe silver with Black interior

Price---------------------------------------------25,045.00
    Destinatio------------------------------------------750.00
    Tint--------------------------------------------------150.00
    Propack---------------------------------------------339.00

Total------------------------------------------ $26,284.00+TTL

First month payment from Honda FREE $460.00
    0.9% for 60 months.
  • Options
    java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    26,284.00 is without tax and yes 2011 Accord EX-L-V6-NO NAV
  • Options
    micki2micki2 Member Posts: 13
    Hi all. I purchased a car. I'm happy with the deal. I ended up purchasing a 2011 Accord LX-P in the Royal Blue Pearl. $20091 for the car and destination fees. I didn't press the dealer as much as I could, but I did walk away with the 0.9% for 60 mos, 2 years of scheduled maintenance, and mud guards (lol).

I traded a Lexus RX for a Honda Accord. I definitely needed a sportier car!

I think that we are going to pick up a LX this weekend...My mother is in the market for a new car!
  • Options
    psaripsari Member Posts: 3
    Hi Folks,

Bought my EX-L today. $23k sale price, plus taxes and fees came out to ~$25.5k OTD.

Got the 0.9% - seems like a reasonable deal. Comments??

Thanks =)
  • Options
    1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    It maybe of more value to ask the question before you buy. Prices available to the public vary by region - and so don't the incentives from what I can gather. Some of the best prices come out of the Washington DC area. One thing I noticed is the volume or number of new vehicles on some of these dealers lots. Typically in the Northeast, you'll see a total between 300 to 500 new vehicles. You come to DC and you'll see dealers in VA, MD with 900 plus. Volume gets better deals.

Could you have gotten a better deal? - Odds are yes, but would you have had to travel a distance, etc to save a few bucks? Not unless you saved a few thousand should it really bother anyone - I suggest you made out great.

Enjoy the ride, I love my new Honda Accord - I am sure you will too!
  • Options
    psaripsari Member Posts: 3
    Sorry forgot to put the location, it is SF Bay Area.

I went back and forth with 6 dealers by phone and this was what no one could go below. Checking at truecar.com for my area, it appears I couldn't have gotten any lower. Thanks - yes I am loving it too!
  • Options
    a_to_ba_to_b Member Posts: 4
    Got an LX-P from a dealer in MD. Base price is 18650 (including dest). emailed about 4 dealers in MD, and picked the best. Did not try to use one price against another. Overall a painless transaction. Did have to drive as I do not live in MD. But still worth it as I avoided the hassle of dealing with local sales persons -- local dealers either quote a high price, or refuse to quote and insist that I have to visit them, or play games.

Does any one know if the LX-P has auto on/off headlight? Does not seem to. If that is the case, I think Honda is too cheap. Any idea if this is something I can add myself? I can see the place where the sensor should be...
  • Options
    usherfuusherfu Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I got following quote for Honda Accord SE and LX (no other options) from the same dealer. I thought it was pretty good, but too good to be true. Any idea? Cause the dealer is a bit far away from where I live, I want to make sure it worth the trip. Is there anything I can request via email to confirm the price before go to the showroom?

Honda Accord Sedan
    - SE: $19347
    - LX: $17798

Both are Out To Door price!!!!

Thanks!
  • Options
    htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Hi,

Just wanted to see if this was a good deal. Got a deal running on a 2011 Honda Accord LX-S as follows:

$24,330 MSRP
    $22,133 Invoice

Negotiated it out for $20,300 plus $200 for tint (at cost) = $20,500 plus TT&L out the door. No extra fees and no other garbage.

Pretty good deal? I know there are $1250-$1500 in incentives on the car. So with the $1500 incentive included, I am about $1833 under on the car (not including tint).

This is in the Houston area. Pretty good deal?
  • Options
    ayxueruiayxuerui Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in the SF bay area, too. I went to the dealer today in Sunnyvale but only got $26,500. So could you kindly tell me which dealer did you choose? Thank you very much. I really appreciate that~~~~
  • Options
    indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    $1800 under invoice on a Honda that lists for $24,330 is a good deal. Go buy it.
  • Options
    Have you gone on www.amexzag.com and put your zip code in to check if you could get a better internet deal? I would also shop the deal that you have with other area dealers through their internet departments and see what they could do - sort of a best and final. You might be surprised that you could shave another $600 to $700 bucks off your deal or more. If you do, let me know so you could send me a check for half of what you saved! Don't forget to ask for all weather mats thrown in and free services - oil changes/ 15,000 mile maintenace, etc. It never hurts to ask. If you already bought the car - enjoy it and don't worry about the price as you are in the ball park on that type of car.
  • Options
    ptb119ptb119 Member Posts: 5
    Good morning,

My mother and I are looking to purchase the same car this weekend. What dealership did you purchase your car from as I reside in MD?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I purchased from OURISMAN in Bethesda. But I had Criswell from MD and another from VA hot on me. Again, I used the AMEXZAG.COM website and then used 20874 as the ZIPCODE. I went through the Internet Manager - not a general salesmen. Omar was great - everything we agree to, was all on the up and up. After agreeing verbally to the deal, when I showed up at the dealership - I was there for about 40 minutes from start to finish going over the paperwor, looking over the car, etc. Easiest and best experience buying a new car that I have ever had.

Enjoy your new ride!
  • Options
    powerslave79powerslave79 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    I am looking to lease one of these for my wife sometime soon and I was offered $410/month(incl 9.25% tax) with 0 drive off. However I have a feeling that I could do better than that.

My wife's comfort zone in terms of payment is around the $380 range(incl 9.25% tax)

Is that possible on an EX-L Coupe w/ Nav?
  • Options
    dalindalin Member Posts: 9
    where are you?
  • Options
    powerslave79powerslave79 Member Posts: 2
    San Francisco Bay Area
  • Options
    zhengzhozhengzho Member Posts: 1
    what is the dealer name? I am in SF area and look for honda accord too.
  • Options
    carymattcarymatt Member Posts: 3
    Here in Raleigh with mudguards and fog lights installed I got my EX-L Coupe for $24,800 before adding the accessories, tax, tags, & doc fee. OTD price was $26,200.

However I had a trade in. I had calculated ahead of time the amount that I should have wound up financing and I hit that number and brought no cash into the deal. I got the 0.9% financing for 60 months.

I think the dealer might have inflated both the price of new car and value of my trade in to avoid showing a lower sales price on the new car to the reporting services. I was happy with the total deal and ultimately that is all that matters.
  • Options
    abatraabatra Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2011
    Just got a EX-L Sedan 4 cyl quote:

Base incl. destination $24,694.00
    sales tax $1625.11
    lic. and fees $414.00
    doc fee is $75.00
    total OTD $26808.11

Seems high based on what others have been saying - any advice on how to get a lower price? Anyone know what the Honda-dealer incentives are for April?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My advice is get a Consumer Reports car buyers report - which lists invoice price, and dealer incentives, holdback, etc.... https://ec.consumerreports.org/ec/aps/order.htm?INTKEY=NRI09A018

I recently purchased a 2011 Accord EXL V6 coupe- 6 speed- with navi for 27900.00 - mrsp was around 32460.00. I used this report and it really cut down on time and hassle.

I just told them that I wanted that price or I'd go to a different dealer who really wanted to sell a car, instead of them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    ptb119ptb119 Member Posts: 5
    My mom and I both looking to purchase accords. Like any other consumer, we want the best possible deal. I recently received OTD quotes for a LX-P and EX. For the LX-P, the dealership quoted $21,275 (sales price of $19,475). For the EX, the dealership quoted $22,624 (sales price of $20,375). On both cars they have agreed to waive destination and appearance package fee. The dealership is located in VA. Not to mention, I am a loyal and repeat customer because I brought my current honda pilot and previous accord from the same dealership.

Based on the facts above, do you think I am getting a good deal or could I do better?
  • Options
    a_to_ba_to_b Member Posts: 4
    I did the same as a lot of people on this board: used AMEXZAP, got 3 quotes back, and went from there. Things change month by month, and usually end of the month is a good time. I also contacted a couple of dealers no in AMEXZAP. In the end, Criswell, Orisman at Laurel and Sport Honda all give me the same price, and I picked one that is closest and has the best consumer rating online. Good luck.
  • Options
    in PA
  • Options
    ddbenddben Member Posts: 4
    metro NYC area
    quoted $412 (including 8.75 tax) x 36 months w 12,000 miles/year
    fully loaded w/navi. automatic transmission. all options that are available.

is this a good price?

MSRP is 31,800
    AMEX invoice price is 29,800

0 down 0 dealer fees. sign and drive.

Thank you.
    DDBEN
  • Options
    hkmhkm Member Posts: 20
    hello,

I am going to take delivery today of a 2011 Honda Accord SE for $21464 OTD(tax+title+reg/new plates+destination+doc feed). How does this sound? Comments/opinions welcome.

Thanks
  • Options
    MSRP was over $24 K and you paid $21 K OTD - nice! Just wondering if you can report back and say what you are getting for MPG - I have yet to hit over 30 MPG - even though I am a mostly highway driver.

Enjoy the ride - it is a nice one!
  • Options
    WIll do ...thanks...lets c
  • Options
    Hello,

Can you let us know your state tax rate? I am in PA with 6%, and I got OTD 21670.

Thanks
  • Options
    its WI - 5.5%
  • Options
    shachshach Member Posts: 4
    This forum has been tremendous help getting the right price. Thank you all. I got it for 20380 + tax + fees(OTD ~21950) in MA w/ 6% tax. HTH
  • Options
    in my first week of driving, got 24 combined and ~32 highway only on EX
  • Options
    Is it really EX or SE?
  • Options
    its SE..im not that good a negotiator :(
  • Options
    It's also a good price for SE:-). I just signed my SE two hours ago. 20274 + 6% tax + 170 doc fee. = 21660. I am in PA. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It is an EX, most of the dealers were quoting me that price for SE. I contacted 20+ dealers in 100 miles radius. Tried different dealers to price match but didn't work out. Most of the dealers would want you to come down to discuss price.
    I worked with internet sales dept at this dealership, they have their absolute low price, no negotiation at all. Jumped on it as soon as quoted this price.
  • Options
    muellertimemuellertime Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Bought an Accord yesterday as follows:
    $23,660.25 Car price including destination
    $469. Accessories (fog lights installed, 2 trunk hooks installed, trunk mat)
    $300 doc fee
    $1,465.75 Sales Tax (6% in CT, for now)
    $105.00 Registration Transfer & title
    $26,000 all in ($1,000 down and $25k @.9% for 60 mos)

I've seen that Honda will pay first months pmt in a few postings. Is that deal still good? I also own '06 Odyssey.

John, at Liberty Honda was very good to work with. Honest, patient, effective etc.
  • Options
    muellertimemuellertime Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your post, I think you have the lowest deal for a 2011 Accord EX-L at $23k. Can you confirm this is a sedan, automatic transmission, 4cyl?
    Great job by you.