Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jim_arrowsjim_arrows Member Posts: 5
    Steering's definitely on the light side coming from my TL (even with the Advance on its standard, sportier setting), one of the adjustments I'm currently experiencing. Having said that, it's worlds closer than the Toyota Highlander Limited I test drove this past winter, that thing was completely isolated from any road feedback whatsoever. Still, I'm fairly impressed with how close it actually does feel to the TL considering the size, weight, and ride height of the vehicle -- I think they did a pretty nice job with its handling.
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    HI all, I am in the market (within the next 30 day) for an MDX base, preferably a 2011. From reading this forums it appears that Pohanka in VA is very agressive in their pricing. I live in Northern NJ and to Pohanka is a 5 hour trip and if the savings are decent, it may be worth it to travel the 5 hours.
    My concerns are with taxes, registration, titling and plates, so if anyone had any experiences I would appreciate hearing your experiences and how the process works. I am not too happy about buying site unseen or risking the typical bait and switch that is so typical when purchasing a car but I guess we all take chances once in a while..
    Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    drmike101drmike101 Member Posts: 20
    I bought my MDX base yesterday and i think i a got a decent deal for 38,980+TTL and the best part is took advantage of the 1.9 % apr.
    Any one looking for MDX in Los Angeles,ca love to help you guys out as i have talked to/communicated to majority of the dealers around here, i would be able to assist give some advise on the dealers. For me the impotent thing is a painless car buying experience and can say that Acura 101 west did that.
  • Options
    jrdontajrdonta Member Posts: 11
    I bought Acura MDX Base for 39000 + TTL at Acura Cerritos in April. I got email offer from Acura South Coast for Acura MDX Tech for 41500 + TTL.
  • Options
    qalesonqaleson Member Posts: 2
    hi drmike101, I'm in the LA area and looking for MDX 2010 but it seems that there is no incentive kickback for the Labor day's sale this year. Which dealer did you get your MDX? the lowest quote I got was $39,000 for the base model. Which dealer would you recommend? I heard the Tustin Acura seems to have higher rate than others. Thank you.
  • Options
    chicagomdx1chicagomdx1 Member Posts: 4
    I am very close to purchasing a 2010 MDX advance/ent.

Here are my best quotes so far:

2010 MDX Advance: $47900+TTL
    2010 MDX Advance/Ent: $49550+TTL

Just a quick update. Once I pull the trigger I'll give final numbers for anyone interested.

By the way, Umber > All.
  • Options
    ac2106ac2106 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2010
    Folks,
    Just wanted to share what I got on my deal:

2010 MDX with tech package
    dealer installed accessories (Remote starter with 2 remotes, Back up sensors & all weather mats)
    free oil changes
    free inspection
    black on black

MSRP - 46,765
    MSRP on Accessories and installation - 1,961
    proc fee - 375
    TTL -1,500
    plus any other (doc, regional adv) fee ?

price paid - 43.6K OTD.

made the sale today. Will be picking up the piece on Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Options
    leexleex Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    :) I think you got a really good deal. looks like you have about 7K below MSRP. Where is your state? Thanks for share
  • Options
    my state is VA. i was shopping for this in the DC area.
  • Options
    mdxt01mdxt01 Member Posts: 2
    congratulation ....
    can you pls tell the dealer name?
  • Options
    dpmj1968dpmj1968 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. Do you know what they are asking for on a 2010 MDX with Tech and Ent package. Best price OTD I;ve gotten was for a little over $49K.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hi tamsrus.
    Sorry for the slow reply. I got that deal at Bedford Hills Acura. Negotiated the entire deal over the phone and everything went very smoothly with the pickup.
  • Options
    Hey,
    the dealer is Radley Acura.
    Contact me at avnithcatyahoo.com and i shall provide you more information.
  • Options
    I just got 3 offers from 3 dealers in Northern NJ, for the 2011 MDX base...total selling price was $40,454.00..this invoice (as per Edmunds) plus $500...of course this includes the delivery charge of $800 something...they are also selling me the cargo net,all weather mats and the tri fold rubber cargo mat for $385.....this is just the same as buying separate online from any other sources...I safe the delivery charges....doc fee is $289 at one of the dealers which I think is reasonable.
    I am in not a good position since the 2011 is just coming out..I hope that by the end of September when I will be buying things get a bit better...I was told that there is no changes whatsoever between 2010 and 2011...I thought that there was a change on the front, but can not tell...
    Any comments appreciated...
  • Options
    chicagomdx1chicagomdx1 Member Posts: 4
    $49250 + TTL for a 2010 MDX Advance/Ent; Black/Umber.

Chicagoland area.
  • Options
    kindakinkskindakinks Member Posts: 10
    It's very misleading when you, or others, talk OTD pricing. We all live in different states so the OTD prices will be different based on Reg Fess, Taxes Etc. Wouldn't it be best to just list what the sale price is INCLUDING Destination so we can all compare apples to apples?
  • Options
    splitwindowvetsplitwindowvet Member Posts: 13
    It's hard to do that since regionally prices can vary due to advertising fees, etc. that some areas have to charge. I know from dealing with Toyota/Lexus people in the Southeast are particularly penalized.
  • Options
    acura2010guyacura2010guy Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2010MDX Tech & Entertainment for $47,814 +TTR with black rails and crossbars,all climate floor mats and Chromium side steps..is this a good deal in New York State..if I overpaid by how much do you guys think? The APR is 1.9% and the color is ionized bronze with parchment interior.

Thanks - George
  • Options
    drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    No changes? Well Acura did change the trans and diff fluid.

I read it in the Acura new model service bulletin located here...
    http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/SB/B10-023.pdf

Why would they go and do that? I hope to help trans and diff hold up better than past model.

Can you use an MDX to tow a light weight travel trailer?

Any real world answers?

Towers post your details, please.
  • Options
    dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    New incentives were supposed to come out today or tomorrow? Any info? Anyone with dealer contacts out there?

I was specifically curuious if any dealer cash incentives to move out the 2010 MDXs was offered. In a previous post, I noted that dealer cash was already available for the RL and ZDX.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info..what is TQI?...nad you were correct the fluids are new...besides the new price...what else shall we expect?...lol...loll\
  • Options
    tunractunrac Member Posts: 19
    Actually, that is also why OTD is very misleading; it only works for people comparing in the same state. For Acura, there is usually not major regional difference in advertising and distribution (unlike Toyota/Lexus, but that is another story).

If you talk about your final deal less only taxes and title (but including any doc, advertising and other processing fees which a dealer adds on a line item basis), then you do have the closest to an actual apples to apples comparison that can be used across the country for a check on pricing.

Of course, if you have a trade in, then this creates some issues as I know plenty of people who received an unbelievable deal on a car, but gave back some of that on the tradein. Remember, unless you get KBB private retail for your tradein, you left some money there.
  • Options
    sehorn79sehorn79 Member Posts: 7
    A total bunch of crooks. I was locked and loaded to buy a '10 MDX Tech + Ent which they said was on the lot. Once we got there they told me the vehicle was no longer available after an entire run around. They then tried to sway me to another car that was 'on their lot'. Additionally they completely tried to low ball me for a trade in value for my '07 TL Type-S, well below average blue book, while telling me the car was in above average condition. They weren't willing to work with me at all after i was willing to come down from my value, so I got up and walked out.

Just agreed to purchase my MDX from Ardmore Acura where their trade in value was 2k more than Elite and they matched the out the door price of $48.1. Waiting to find out tmrw if I'll get the White w/Parchment or Grigio w/Taupe. Wife wants white, I want Grigio.

3141 tax
    399 mv
    298 dov
    7 tire tx
  • Options
    drmike101drmike101 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Galeson,
    I bought my MDX at Acura 101 west, Calabasas as i stay in the valley this was closer! I had Bargained the deal on the phone so once i got there it was smooth ride.
    But the best quotes i got other than Acura 101 was from Sierra of Alhambra, Glendale Acura.
    I think the best was really close to 39,000 unless incentives have changed during the labor day weekend.
  • Options
    yvrapxyvrapx Member Posts: 1
    I am seeing very little difference in similar packaged 2007 and 2009 MDX's, am I missing something? Would have figured the '07s would be less anf '09s more and it does'nt seem to be the case. Any commentary is appreciated.
  • Options
    jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113
    Just to share my experience in N. Texas: $44,790 + TTL. Price includes destination, tint and wheel locks. Got a fair value for my trade, though nowhere close to the private sale value.

This is certainly not the best price based on what I read here, but it seems to be the going rate in this area. Also bought some accessories at a discount.
  • Options
    vcoloradovcolorado Member Posts: 3
    Same question: Previous finance incentives expired yesterday. Any word on new incentives or extensions on the previous finance terms?
  • Options
    sjthomassjthomas Member Posts: 61
    No word as of yet. I am desperately waiting too...
  • Options
    I have heard this morning no new incentives on the MDX. I was told the financing offer on the 2010s was extended, and the financing offer is also available on the 2011s now.

I was really hoping for a $1k or higher cash incentive on the 2010s and I would have purchased one today. Now, I am in a dilema. I don't see any reason to buy a 2010 for minimal savings compared to a 2011. I may change my focus to pricing on a 2011. Even though there are no/minor changes, a year newer model is worth the $500 or so price difference.
  • Options
    More than that...If you check KBB for a 2007 and 2008 model, the difference is atleast 2K.
  • Options
    I just called one of the dealer in the central jersey area. He says the 2010's offer has been extended but nothing on the 2011's yet. No special interest rate, no special financing etc.

I guess they will probably have some good interest rates once the 2011's start to occupy the dealer lots...They are still like few weeks away according to my dealer.
  • Options
    Hi all, well I think I finally got what I consider a good price for the MDX base, 2 dealers offered the same,$39,900 and I am picking the one closer to my house as a matter of fact they are in my town and the treatment has been superb....all considered, as per Edmunds, I am getting invoice....palladium silver with taupe interior...
  • Options
    cs0321cs0321 Member Posts: 1
    hi, ac 2106
    great deal!
    I'm in fairfax and looking for MDX. I'd like to get some more info.
    I tried your contact (email?) but failed.
    here's my contact info. cs7569hotmail.com.
    thanks.
  • Options
    Hey,
    just sent you an email.
    il be going today in the evening to pick up my car.
  • Options
    I was told the incentives that came out yesterday run through November 1st. This round of incentives did not have anything new for the 2010 MDX, and I expect the 2010 inventory will be near zero by November.

I have received a quote on a 2010 base model of $38.9k. I have received a quote from teh same dealer on a 2011 base model of $39.5k.

My question is why would anyone consider buying a 2010 MDX if a 2011 MDX is only $600 more expensive? The book value difference of a year newer model would be well over $600.
  • Options
    I had the same thing in mind in deciding against the 2010 vs 2011. Now the dealer calls me yesterday and says he can give me the 2010 Tech + RES for 43K including destination but I need to get the MDX from his lot. Also, you can argue about the financing rate of 0.9% for the 2010. You can't get that for a 2011 yet.

So, the financing rate combined with the dealers ready to lower the price makes it attractive. Only down side, there won't be much choice in the colors + options. You have to pick from whatever is left. I wanted a Grigio and there was none. I told the dealer I will go with 2011. He tried to convince me that Black is elegant. I agree but when I am spending that much amount, I better get the color of my choice.

my 0.02c.
  • Options
    Here is why I went 2010:
    #1: MSRP went up on 2011 models about $500 on the version we purchased, so it can be expected dealer cost will go up a similar amount and no changes to justify it.
    #2: Dealers (at least my dealer) will not get anywhere near the price he was willing to sell a 2010 for on the 2011 models. Some dealers may be different, but since the 2011 gives them 12 months to sell before it's considered "last year's model", they do not have as much incentive to discount. We got right at $5000 off on our 2010, and on the 2011, based on what I understand they were doing not 5 months ago on the 2010's, our dealer will likely only discount about $2300-2500 on it. That means, when combined with the expected dealer cost increase mentioned above, I would have paid $2800 to $3000 more for a 2011, and a 2011 won't be worth $3000 more 3 or more years from now. For me a 2011 did not make sense unless there were going to be changes I valued or my color combo and trim level, and neither applied to my situation.
  • Options
    The truth is, that anytime a trade is involved, there is never an apples to apples comparison possible. That is also why I did not do a trade and decided to handle the sale of my car myself. More money and sure the numbers are not being "manipulated" to make it appear I either got more on the trade or a larger discount on the new car. In my case, I only gave them a bottom line #, and told them I could care less how the worked the numbers to get to it, which is why I do not have a "breakdown" readily available. I am sure it's on the buyer's order, but it's already at the accountant.
  • Options
    rbairbai Member Posts: 8
    Dear svofan2,

Could you share the dealers info? Does that price already included destination charge and doc fee? Also what's auto loan rate they offer on 2011 model?

Thanks~
  • Options
    Dear dvrice,

$39.5k sounds like a great offer for 2011 base model. Did that already include destination charge and documentation fee? Could you share the dealer info?

Thanks!
  • Options
    tamsrustamsrus Member Posts: 11
    Can u tell me if got the base or tech? What your out the door price was? Which dealership and where it's located?
  • Options
    I think going with 2011 makes more sense in my case. The best on a 2010 tech + ent I got was $44609 including destination and the dealers in Central jersey are not ready to negotiate on 2011. They are not even ready to give me an ePricing. Some of them did after a lot of email exchanges but was about 1K more than their 2010 price. But there was one dealer in Northern Jersey, who quoted me...take this...$100 less than "the best 2010 price" on a 2011 model!!!! This dealer never gave me a 2010 price as he sold every 2010 and none of the 2010 MDX's are in his lot.

Also, another good news.. the central jersey dealer calls me this morning and says that the 0.9% financing has been extended to the 2011 models as well....yahooo....So, in my case it justifies buying a 2011. That was a no brainer for me as I have the same financing and lower price.
  • Options
    Mine was an Advance with Entertainment. Bradshaw Acura in Greenville, SC
  • Options
    ..please pm me at svofan1@optonline.net and i will provide all details..
  • Options
    Dear sjthomas,

I'm in northern NJ too, and am very motivated to buy MDX now. Could you share info about both two dealers your mentioned?

Thanks a bunch~
  • Options
    I am about to sign on the buying of an MDX base for $39,900 plus TTL...but I have not seen the car yet..can anyone tell me if there is any interior difference between the base and the tech MDX?...appreciate any help...
  • Options
    fitzramfitzram Member Posts: 41
    Hi rbai.
    I'm not sjthomas but was shopping last month and received good pricing from 2 dealers in northern NJ. Both were very pleasant to deal with and I thought I'd pass it along. Try Park Ave Acura and/or Acura of Ramsey. If you want the names of the salespeople just give me your email addy and I'll send them to you (we're not supposed to post names of salespeople on this forum).
  • Options
    thanks, fitzram! please send salesperson info to my gmail gracewb@gmail.com, could you share your purchase price as well? Thx~
  • Options
    mdxchicagomdxchicago Member Posts: 1
    Got mine on the labor day weekend for under $38500 2010 base model before all charges in chicago. Is it good deal?
  • Options
    if $38500 already included destination charge and doc fee, I would say it's a great deal.