Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura MDX 2007

Comments

• Options
    cruzan1234cruzan1234 Member Posts: 5
    Hi All,

Just got a quote from Reading Acura for $41,000. The MDX is Midnight Blue Pearl, with navigation and wood steering wheel, wood shift knob, and wood grain meter trim and moonroof visor. What do you all think? Is this a good price? Also, any feedback on the Midnight Blue...I was leaning toward the Black/Black combo, but thought the Blue looked very nice.

Thanks,

Paula
  • Options
    carman36carman36 Member Posts: 14
    I spoke with Acura Hdqts in Torrance, CA. They said Burnished Bronze colors have been shipped in the last few weeks. Anybody see one? What do you think?

Thanks
  • Options
    inky4inky4 Member Posts: 238
    I am looking for 04 leather comments vs quality of 01-03 leather which I call pleather. Is 04 any better?
  • Options
    bestofdixiebestofdixie Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone seen a new Aspen white pearl Premium MDX on a lot in the Southeast? Reply with the dealership's name. I am trying to locate one, but can't find one. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    I have yet to see one either. I am suspecting they build special hard colors like met white in batches and simply have yet to do it.
    INKY

lots of frig white out there-yuck
  • Options
    misc535misc535 Member Posts: 17
    There are several in NC. I picked mine up on Saturday - very nice! Howver, note that they are making the pearl white in ltd quantities, and dealers are restricted to ltd numbers of this color.
  • Options
    spunkey305spunkey305 Member Posts: 1
    I picked up our pearl white a couple of weeks ago. I originally posted message 57, which has mysteriously disappeared (I had a link to pictures on a gallery posting on MDXorg, so maybe that is taboo). To recap that message, the Pearl White actually looks very similar to the Taffeta in the shade, but looks much more reflective and "deeper" in the sunlight. Unlike many "metallic whites", the aspen pearl does not exhibit the typical "eggshell" yellow tint - it is still a pretty pure white. As misc535 mentioned, we too were told that aspen pearl is a limited production color - there were only 3 slated for Houston at the time we put a deposit on ours - I think we took delivery of the first one in Houston. Someone saw ours before we picked it up and ordered one just like it the same day - it will be a very popular color in Houston since we average in the 90's 6 months a year...
  • Options
    atlmdxatlmdx Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone heard if the MDX will be redesigned in 2005? Trying to decide if I should purchase now or wait until next year.
  • Options
    andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    You know Lexus is the best, man.
    It's the best looking, most luxurious, most reliable, quietest, and all that.
    But the GX470 also costs like $8-10K more than the MDX.
    The only advantage the MDX has over the GX470 is the side curtain airbags for the 3rd row.
    Perhaps for 2005, the GX will also have side curtain airbags to cover the 3rd row, if Lexus is smart enough.
  • Options
    andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    Still looks like crap to me, man.
    I don't know why they can't just use the same leather as the Honda Odyssey or better yet, use the same leather as Lexus.
  • Options
    hopeitsfridayhopeitsfriday Member Posts: 396
    Are you even old enough to drive? lmao
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    just picked up my midnight blue touring mdx 2 weeks ago, almost perfect except for low frequency noise in the cabin @ 2000 RPM. Anyone else have similar finding?
  • Options
    ovation00ovation00 Member Posts: 6
    I picked up my black/black 04 mdx last week. It looks great w/ rear spoiler, satin finish side step,and body side molding. Nearly perfect except TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light on. Will go to the dealer for repair soon.
  • Options
    chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    Do you have any pictures of your MDX. Within the next two weeks I will be taking delivery of a 04 MDX Black/black with Touring & Nav. I am looking at the black finish side steps.

Regards,
    Chris
  • Options
    rhhennerhhenne Member Posts: 6
    I just picked up my 2004 MDX and while I did not pay attention to the RPM, I did notice an irritating low frequency hum when I reach 68-75 miles per hour. I will notify my dealer on this problem. I wonder if this is the same noise you are hearing?
  • Options
    I liked it at first on my 04 but you all are correct the new dual exhaust is tuned for a little rumble which is nice on acceleration but driving around not cool at all. I hope this does not become irritating. 2000 rpm is the max and it is the common cruising speed. Hello Acura hello.
    INKY
  • Options
    sysadmin1sysadmin1 Member Posts: 122
    I am in the market for an 04, and comparing to a Pacifica both fully loaded. I have been reading reviews on several boards and all those with the 04 have been complaining about the noise. This bothers me when I am considering dropping almost 42K on a vehicle. I hope to test drive one today and will take it out on the highway to see if the noise is present. Also, have read about issues with dvd and the lastest nav disks. Anyone buy in the last couple of weeks? If they have been sending out bad disks, and people say that the replacements will be avail early Jan, if I were to buy this weekend, what nav dvd will I get? The flawed one?
  • Options
    sysadmin1sysadmin1 Member Posts: 122
    For 3 months now I have been pouring over new cars to replace my truck, and it seems that the MDX is not the only one with this type of problem. I was also considering the Nissan Armada, and many people that have purchased it are also complaining about a resonance. Similar rpm or so. Exhaust? Tires? Hard to say..Just when I think I've found the next truck I want, something like this comes up. Hope I hear it on my test drive today!!
  • Options
    chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    My wife & I just pick-up our 04 MDX w/ the Touring pkg & Nav and so far I have not seen any issue's with the Nav based DVD system. Our car was built during the last week of November. Perhaps they have addressed the problem with their production units.

Regards,
    Chris
  • Options
    mslanmslan Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know what the Canadian MDX warranty period is on the 2004 vehicle. The brochure says 3 years but a salesman said it is 4 years.
  • Options
    cevans2cevans2 Member Posts: 23
    I've got an 04 Midnight Blue MDX that I picked up in early Dec '03. I've been reading all the comments about the 2K RPM hum. I've listened for it in my MDX and I think I hear it, but it's really, really low and it's just the exhaust note. I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been told about it. Personally, I think the exhaust note gives the vehicle character. It's not annoying to me at all. Some like to be totally shut out from the rest of the world in their vehicle. Toyota's are notorious for giving you that "sarcophagus-like" isolation - not only sound, but from the road as well - and that's why I hate them. Nissans tend to keep you connected even more but I think the Acura is a nice trade-off. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    lawsdw1, I moved your post to our Acura MDX Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion, where you're more likely to get the answer you're looking for.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    njgladiatornjgladiator Member Posts: 10
    In response to your question about when Acura will introduce a redesigned MDX... the answer is 2006, a redesigned TSX is also expected at the same time. (as per motor trend)
  • Options
    Since the 04 is out, we can talk about that model year in the active Acura MDX discussion. I'm changing the discussion title to reflect the rumored redesign in 05/06.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Options
    wclarkjr1wclarkjr1 Member Posts: 19
    It's nice to see this discussion being separated.
    Anybody have specifics about upcoming modifications for the 2005 model? Trying to decide if I should hold out for the 2005 or not.

WC
  • Options
    rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    Well, I heard the displacement will be bumped from 3.5 to 3.8L. I don't know if that's true or not, but Acura can DO a lot with 3.8L. The could even make it 300HP with their extensive knowledge of VVT.
  • Options
    fndlyfmrflyrfndlyfmrflyr Member Posts: 668
    Let's see, wasn't the 3.8 supposed to be in the 2003? More power, better handling, better stopping, and less road noise would bring the MDX up to current standards. Better headlights would be nice too. That said, my 02 is fine. If the new version has a coupe more inches of wheelbase to open the third row, third row climate control, memory for the passenger seat, a telescope steering wheel or power pedals, along with DVD sound... These would move the MDX to the head of the pack again.

With fuel prices looking like $3 per gallon isn't far off a hybrid makes sense too. As much as I like our MDX (a lot), miles per gallon will play a major part in the selection of the next vehicle.
  • Options
    mshafe1mshafe1 Member Posts: 1
    Do you know if there will be any changes for the 2005 MDX?
  • Options
    lam3lam3 Member Posts: 7
    If you don't like the noise or any noise from your MDX, then go and
    test drive a vehicle that made by GM, Ford, or Chrysler. You will love your MDX. The big three has not learned how to reduce noise from their vehicle yet.
  • Options
    2005 MDX will have very minor changes cosmetically. The total vehicle design change will come in 2006 model.
    2005 MDX will have the new indash CD/DVD audio system. More horse power of course. Telescopic steering wheel. Auto-stick gear box.
    New colors and interior leather color.
  • Options
    I am holding out for the 2005 model. I like to wait for the 2006 model, but I don't think my Chrysler T & C will last that long.
  • Options
    texandudetexandude Member Posts: 1
    Hi you'll!! I currently own a 2003 touring MDX, with very low miles, but have this craze of trading it in with a brand new BASE 2004 hoping to get an even trade!!! :). Need help if anyone know where i could get a great deal...any input, personal experience would help!!
    Anxiously waiting..
    Texandude
  • Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Or do you belong to the Chrysler Bashing Club?
       BTW, the Honda Odyssey is considered the least quiet of the minivans.
       Too bad Honda doesn't put the same amount of sound deadening material into the Honda line that it puts into the Acuras.
  • Options
    Please visit this discussion:
    Acura MDX: Prices Paid & Buying Experience

You can also find other MDX-related discussions using the search tools at the left. This discussion is for conversation about the redesign only. Good luck!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• Options
    lexusguy1973lexusguy1973 Member Posts: 5
    My wife is tired of her Infiniti I30- so am I- and within a year I expect to get her a crossover-type suv. I have narrowed it down to: lexus 400h (hybrid rx), volvo xc90, and acura mdx. my primary concerns are reliability and safety- volvo reigns there. i am thinking with high gas prices the hybrid lexus is the way to go. but i have a kid and am expecting another shortly, and lexus does not have seating for 7. i have tested all the model and like them all, particularly the lexus. thoughts?
  • Options
    It is unlikely you will make back in fuel savings the added cost of a Lexus 400H over the MDX. All three are tops in safety ratings though the Volvo probably has better roof protection in the unlikely event of a roll-over. Suggest you install your car seats in each and see if there is a difference for you. Each has plusses over the others so you must decide which best fits your needs.

The MDX is widest and by my tests has the most people room. The Lexus is the most plush, most isolated driving experience, and has the best reliability of the three, but has no third row. The MDX gets a little better mpg than the XC90, but the XC90 emergency maneuver capability is a little better. We find the nav system in the MDX the best, but Lexus is getting closer.

In short, you won't go wrong with any of these.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Get a loaded Highlander. Pretty much all the goodies as the Lexus, same drivetrain, but has a third row seat and is a whole lot less $$.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    I own a 98' Chrysler T & C minivan. I have nad a lot lof problems with it, but it still running OK for now. Drive belt, belt tentioner, brakes, stalling, engine mount, front axial, the transmission went out at 90K miles.
    Transmission problem is very common with Chrysler product. I found it out after talking to others that own the T & C.
  • Options
    The Highlander looks ugly compare to the RX330. The interior is nothing in comparison with the Lexus RX330.
  • Options
    rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    While the Highlander is not as luxurious or as tasteful-looking as the RX330, that doesn't make it a bad SUV.
  • Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Thanks for info on Chrysler T&C problems. Toyota and Honda HAVE HAD much better reliability than Chrysler products. Volvo has a history of notoriously expensive maintenance.
         Apparently Honda uses more TLC with Acura line than Honda as recent recall for transmission lockup that could result in a crash included only the 2001-02 Acura MDX but included the 2002-04 Honda Odyssey and the 2003-04 Honda Pilot.
         Tom and Ray Magliaozzi (Click and Clack) state that Volvo repair costs are higher than Toyota (and quoted the famous Volvo $800 timing belt that is needed between 54,000 and 104,000 miles).
         The Acura MDX is probably the most useful vehicle if interior volume is of any importance.
  • Options
    cardudecardude Member Posts: 11
    You are right. It's a great SUV. It's just not very good looking inside or outside compared to it's Lexus cousin.
    But wait a minute, this is the MDX board.
    So I would take the MDX over the Highlander, RX330, and HPX.
  • Options
    hopeitsfridayhopeitsfriday Member Posts: 396
    "You are right. It's a great SUV. It's just not very good looking inside or outside compared to it's Lexus cousin."

I must disagree, I think Lexus makes some of the ugliest SUV on the market. The inside of the Lexus SUV are made of better material, but the price of the lexus more than reflects that, and I must stress that the interior is not better looking but just made from better material. The outsides of the Lexus line are very disappointing, the GX and the LX looks like the Scion xB, a big box on wheels. The RX looks a bit better but not much better, it looks like a teenager's SUV after many many after market modifications, way too flashy in my opinion and they still can't get the tail light right after the redeign.
  • Options
    sandysandy Member Posts: 2
    How do you know this and what colors of the interior & exterior of the 2005 Acura MDX will be offered?
  • Options
    dkennedkenne Member Posts: 2
    Acura recommends premium gasoline in the MDX... is anybody using regular octane gasoline and if so, are you experiencing any noticeable performance problems with the car?

We are looking to purchase the MDX, but would like to have a car that doesn't require high octane gasoline... given the current state of gas prices.
  • Options
    dkennedkenne Member Posts: 2
    I was at the Acura dealership yeasterday and they are unaware of the changes for the 2005 MDX... not that dealerships are the best source for that information, but I, too, would be interested in knowing how you know about the 2005 changes.
  • Options
    dkenne - see posts around 480 in the problems and solutions forum. You can also do a search on mpg.

In short, my tests have shown mpg drops about 8% when using regular in my MDX, making it more costly per mile to use regular vs. premium at today's gasoline cost. In addition, there was a small performance drop that could be felt during part throttle acceleration (felt sluggish), but not at full throttle. The drop in full throttle acceleration was measured with a stop watch, with the difference between 3 and 4 tenths measured from 0-60.

Note: Even if you use 1000 gallons per year (about 17 to 18 thousand miles on my MDX) the cost difference between regular and premium, if mpg was the same, is only about $200 per year. Compared to the purchase price that's not much, even over the life of the car.
  • Options
    punjabi_sahibpunjabi_sahib Member Posts: 25
    hi guys, just wanted to get a mdx and the thing is i dont know is i should get the 2004 or wait for the 05 help me guys thanxxx
  • Options
    by2004by2004 Member Posts: 4
    I called Acura 800 phone number. The 2005 model will be released Sep 28th. I heard from a TX dealer that the 2005 will be available in a new color(s) and with XM Sat radio.
  • Options
    phillybigeasyphillybigeasy Member Posts: 31
    Looking for some technical help. I'd like to get Sirius satellite since it carries the NFL. Does anyone know (or have done this) if it can be hooked up directly to MDX base model radio?

I know Honda/Acura is linked to XM, but they don't have the NFL which is why I'm going with Sirius. Also, if anyone did install satellite, where did you mount the receiver?
This discussion has been closed.