Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    The Voyager/Caravan Electrical Problems discussion may be helpful. Also, be sure to check the Chrysler/Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan group.

tidester, host
  • I don't know how to start a new post. I didn't see a topic with Mercedes CLS500. I am contemplating purchasing a 2006 Mercedes CLS 500. The dealer says he's giving me a good deal, but the 2006 costs just as much as the 2007. Granted the 2006 only has 41 miles and has more features like navigation and electric trunk closer, but the 2007 has more horsepower and is newer model. I'm just wondering what would be a good offer to make. The original price of the 2006 was $76,000 and they will sell it for $67,000. The new 2007 is $67,000. I am young and I look even younger (22), and I am a female and I don't want to be taken advantage of. When I initially entered the dealership everyone was hesitant to wait on me. Finally one person came over but it was easy to see that he didn't have my best interest at hand. Onlyafter checking my credit did he welcome me with open arms and take me seriously. He initially tried to sell me the car at face value. I left and he's called me every day almost for 2 1/2 weeks. On the 3rd day he called and informed me of the new price. I later found out that the lower price was what the car was supposed to have been selling for anyway. I guess if I had jumped on it, he would have sold it to me. Can someone HELPPPP me. :cry:
  • 99jcc99jcc Posts: 1
    I have a 99 Cherokee Classic. The Check Engine Light comes on periodically (every 3-4 months) and stays on for a few days, then goes away. It runs fine, oil, temp, and other gages are normal. It doesn't seem to follow a pattern, like after I fill up, etc.

Any thoughts?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Give the Jeep Owners: Care and Maintenance discussion a shot. Also look at the "Check Engine light discussion.
  • Does anyone know where the oil sending unit is ? Is it very difficult to change. I'm having the same problem as a few others, gauge going to zero give it gas and it returns to normal. Is it ok to drive to the parts store?

Thanks Jim
    Jeep GC oil pressure problems seems to be the place to commiserate.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,673
    About once weekly, the screen comes up asking me to sign in...I check it to "remember me" but it seems that my sign-in is intermittently lost...is it me, my computer, or is something malfunctioning???

Thanks

Bob
    Bob,

That's a sporadic problem that hits a couple of members once in a while and our techs are still chasing it down. One thing that seems to work is to click "back" in your browser and click on the sign in link again, it will usually log you in.

tidester, host
    Hi Ursula and welcome aboard!

We don't appear to have a CLS-Class discussion for purchasing, but I would recommend reading through Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class: Lease Questions - that should give you a starting place, and I'm sure Car_man will be able to point you in the right direction if you have more questions.
  • Where is the factory location for the CD changer located in a 2002 Land Rover Discovery II?
    Check the Land Rover group. If you don't find a suitable topic then use the "Add a Discussion" link on that page.

tidester, host
  • That's right, it's NOT coming on when the key is turned to start the engine. If the light isn't on, the engine won't start. Once the key is left in the "ON" position for a few minutes, the light will come on, and the engine will start. I have had the vehicle only a few months, and since it has gotten colder outside, it has taken 5 - 10 minutes for the light to come on. I have had the 91 Jeep, 6 cyl, 156K to a diagnostic mech and the recommendation is to change out the computer (a costly endeavour). Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,451
    Try one of the Jeep discussions, like those in the Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee group. And perhaps the "Check Engine" light topic will help.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• tadcmtadcm Posts: 1
    My Jeeps heat and ac fan goes off then on. All the speeds are affected. How do I fix this? I am an Electrical Engineer so I am not afraid to attemp to fix this problem.
    There are some heating posts in the Jeep Grand Cherokee: Problems & Solutions discussion (try a Search This Discussion in there or an Advanced Search on the left sidebar. You may also get some ideas from the Jeep Cooling Fan Not Turning Off discussion.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I need help with service that has been on my Lexus. I have had the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Air Fuel Rate Sensor replaced ($800.00)because the engine light came on and Lexus dealer is telling me that my car now has a harmonic imbalance which is causing a vibration in my steering wheel and brake pedal when the car is at a stop.
    The car did not have this vibration prior to the replacement of these two sensors. One year after purchase of car, when I took car in for an oil change, Lexus dealer told me that I had the oil gel problem and they repaired my car (I never noticed anything wrong with car!!!!!) The car has been in and out of the Lexus dealer repair shop since August 22, 2006 (I've had a loaner more than my own car since then). They have supposedly tried everything to correct the problem and now inform me that the Toyota rep was at the shop last week and said this vibration was normal for my year car with 75,000 miles........I feel I am being jerked around!!!!!! Sorry for the long message but I could probably write a book about this......Any advice would be appreciated.
    I'd ask for advice from other owners in the Lexus RX 300 discussion.

• I have a well maintained 03 Mountaineer with 139,000 miles. Tires are Uniroyals with less than 25,000 miles. Over the past two week I have noticed a dull roar coming the front end. This roars becomes more pronounced when I make a left hand turn. The noise is still there when I make a right hand turn just not as noticeable. The alignment on the vehicle is good. The noise remains constant. It does not go up or down with fluctuation in speed. Any Ideas??
    Check the Ford Explorer group (this is where the Mountaineer lives!) and use the "Add a Discussion" link on that page if necessary.

tidester, host
  • Hi. I'm looking for recommendations on remote starters, but am unable to find any discussions about them and am unsure of which forum to search in. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
    We don't have any dedicated remote starter discussions but there are few related to specific make/models.

Here are a couple of them that may be worth looking at:

2007 Outback Remote Starter

Navigator Remote Starter

Honda Civic: Installing Remote Starter

If you tell us which make/model you have then we can either direct you to the right place or tell you how to set up your own topic.

tidester, host
  • Hi:

This is the first time I have considered leasing a vehicle. Need help on whether I am being railroaded with hidden costs. From reading your postings I think that my MF is the highest I seen in reading (these past few minutes)...and I am deeply concerned. I have been going back and forth between 2 dealerships (AL and GA). I am military and live in Georgia with access to my permanent Alabama addy for a home of record. Sale tax in GA is 7% and AL 4%... After playing a little hard ball with both dealers my local dealer in Albany. He contacts me after two days ...with the following for a 328i, w/ prem package, heated front seats:

MSRP: 36,454
    Sales price: 34,700
    Trade-in Value for 2003 4 x4 Nissan Pathfinder SE: 12,800
    Balance due on Pathfinder: $15,777
    So the neg equity:$ 2,977
    BMW 328i lease is 36 mo/15,000 miles
    Residual:61%
    MF:.00247 or .00274 (can't remember which)
    DP:4500 (includes tax, tag, title, fees, of which I think 2500 cap red, 350 security,).

Payment comes to roughly $525 per month.

Apologize for not having the exacts...I am going off a quote that I left on my desk at work. I was not aware that this site existed! HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME SOON... Scheduled to sit down with the saleperson tomorrow. Thanks.

Serefinah
    Repost your query exactly as you have in this discussion: BMW 3- Series: Lease Questions

kcram - Pickups Host
    In addition to the BMW 3-Series: Lease Questions which you already found you may want to help get the General Questions about Leasing Vehicles discussion going.

tidester, host
  • I am looking for step by step directions to change the oil and filter in a 2007 entourage. The filter is a cartridge filter. I've never replaced one before. I probably could figure out how it comes apart, but I would rather hear from someone who has replaced the filter so I won't make a stupid mistake. Also, does the drain plug gasket need replacing each oil change like the Honda?

Paskie
    Check the Hyundai Entourage group and use the "Add a Discussion" link if you don't find a suitable topic for your needs.

tidester, host
  • Thanks. I have a '99 Honda Accord. I was looking for general recommendations on brand, model, etc., which is why I was looking here instead of the Honda forums but it didn't seem like a good fit for either one.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,804
    Okay, sounds like you are asking for recommendations on a remote starting tool. If that's the case, try this topic for starters (no pun intended):

Got a Quick Technical Question?

• Is it easier to change the whole power steering assembly, or is it ok to just replace the gaskets? also, can anyone direct me on how to change this part, or where I can get the info to do this (without having to pay an arm and leg for it) Thank you.
    Check the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee group for related topics.

tidester, host