Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    posystmposystm Member Posts: 34
    Dealer just came down to 24,127 with 1000 comp rebate on the 07 GLS FWD.

Looking at the deals above, I would agree, however, I must compare apples to apples, i'm sure the dealer has more to work with on the limited, and also geographic location plays a part im sure. This price is in Central NJ, cosidered part of metro NY.

Thats why I was hoping to see somew GLS pricing here.
  • Options
    selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    I do not completely agree with your line of logic.

Your reference point should be the invoice price of the car (any car).

I would start with the invoice price and then subtract all factory to buyer incentives. Then I would see if there are any factory to dealer incentives. (there should be on a 07) Maybe you will not get $3800 below invoice, but you can do better.
  • Options
    spratmanspratman Member Posts: 28
    Hey Guys,

Is the $1,000 competitive rebate available on the 2008 Limited models???
  • Options
    carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    Not according the Hyundai website. 2007- yes, 2008- not yet. I can't imagine they wouldn't continue this incentive. A competitive incentive showed up pretty early in the life of the '07's.
  • Options
    I couldn't imagine it either and thus I even called corporate but unfortunately they weren't much help. What's strange is that one dealer told me it was still available. And of course I then made the mistake of "assuming" it was available from all dealers! :cry:
  • Options
    Thanks seloo.

Just placed a deposit on a 07 SE FWD Blue [non-permissible content removed] with just mats added in for $26,500 final OTD (7% tax incl). I dont have the contract in front of me, but I think it about $2800 below invoice.

I though the deal for the GLS FWD at 24,100 +Tax, tags, fees wasnt bad, but decided to look at an "auto mall" on the way to work. Although they didnt have a GLS without a bunch of bs add ins, they has the SE. It actually comes out to $100 more than the prev GLS OTD price.
  • Options
    Congrats on your pending deal. Do not let the dealership add a lot of fees and go for $3K under invoice. Also double check all your numbers.

Good luck!
  • Options
    taruncheeltaruncheel Member Posts: 14
    Just ordered mine this evening. 2007 Limited Ultimate w/ Black Saddle, floor mats, cross rails, IPOD Integration for 31,781 out the door. This did include the 1000 competitive model cash. They have to order mine, but they did have an 08 at the store. Was offered that for about 500 more, until they realized that there was no incentive on the 08. Oh well! They sent me home in an SE until mine comes in later this week.
  • Options
    Update.

Received a call this afternoon and they cannot find the car I was looking for. However, they had the exact car, but 2008. Dealer said that he would charge me 465 more (32,241) if I would take the 08 instead of searching for the 07. That price is my out the door price and from what I can see, 36,670 is the MSRP without Tax, tags, doc, lic and the invoice price 33,977 without tax, tag, doc, lic. So I figure that I receive a deal of about 3000 below invoice (without any incentives for the 08).
  • Options
    To be clear, what did you pay for the car before tax and tag. How much was the doc fee?

Thanks
  • Options
    bigjimd2804bigjimd2804 Member Posts: 34
    I really like this feature of CarSpace, as it is really facilitating some good deals. It would be helpful, however, if we could all agree to include the relevant details, such as sales price, adjustments for trades, documentation fees, incentives you may qualify for (like owner loyalty, competitive owner, etc.) and sales tax. That way we can really see where the market is at. It certainly appears that some dealers are very willing to go at least $1,100 under invoice (with no incentives in the mix)on 2008s. For me, that would be enough incentive to travel 500 miles to buy.(and hopefully motivate a local dealer to match) :)
  • Options
    jannaajannaa Member Posts: 4
    I've been speaking to a salesman at Bob King (still haven't received an internet response for 2 days) and the best they'll do for me on a white 07 Limited w/cross rails and ultimate package is $31,000 plus tax (3% in NC), tags & $499 doc fee.
    A dealer in Fayetteville quoted a silver 07 Limited w/ultimate package and black/saddle for $30,600 plus tax, tags & $299 doc fee so it's a $600 savings but I'm not sure about that color combination (Silver/Black Saddle - it's a little weird combo,to me, in the photos I've seen) so I'm going to drive down from Raleigh and look at it. We're looking at buying on Friday if I can make up my mind between price and color. Surprisingly, the Raleigh dealer has a guarantee posted that they'll beat any price with a buyer's order but the salesman we were working with said it was too low for them. Is it okay to go through the internet after you've already worked with a saleman on the phone (if you can get them to email you back)? I'm tempted to try Winston Salem again through Edmunds - I used the dealer's website when I emailed them.
  • Options
    A $500 Document Fee!!! That is a total rip-off. $300 is not that much better. If they insist on a doc fee, then ask them to reduce the price $500.

Dealers are using this fee more and more these days. Can you blame them, it is 100% profit and many people are happy to pay it!

Silver and Black is a nice color combo. It is the most popular color combo for BMWs.
  • Options
    I am surprised that you are not getting any response by email. My rep was very responsive and we emailed each other daily for about a week and a half. I went through Edmund's and that is how I found out about Bob King. They were a joy to work with.

On my invoice the price of the car was 31367.67 (This was a Limited 08 with Ultimate Package, Cross Rails, Floor Mats, and Ipod Integration).

In NC, $499 is around the average. I have seen a dealer say $599 for the DOC fees.

The funny thing is that the Internet Sales Manager mentioned someone looking for a (I believe) white Limited and they made a reference to my deal. (I guess internet does work). Best of luck. Remember, if you are looking for the 07, the 1000 competitive cash is over this Sunday.
  • Options
    The quote that I received was 30,295 for the 07 Black Diamond with Ultimate Package, Black Saddle Interior, Cross Rails and Floor Mats. This did take into account the 1000 cash incentive for a competitive model. Not sure if that applies to you, but you might want to make sure that the quote you received from Fayetteville does not already include that. (Same for Bob King).
  • Options
    mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Illinois has a law capping the doc fee any dealer may charge. For 2008, this amount is $57.33. Some dealers will tell you they're "required" to charge it, when in fact it is completely negotiable...the only law about it is the cap.

This was brought about years ago when our dealers were pulling the same $300, $400, $500 and up for doc fees as mentioned here.
  • Options
    whenindowtwhenindowt Member Posts: 15
    I just picked up an 07 Veracruz GLS Beige\Beige with just floor mats. $26,400 which included the $500 Hyundai loyalty rebate. That was before tax and the $300 dealer doc fee. I was happy with that even though I would be happier paying less.
  • Options
    crainscrains Member Posts: 7
    Clarification? So, your 08 included the Entertainment package option? Plus add-ons?

I am having an awful time getting any dealer in No. Cal to come down much under invoice at all on the 07s. I've tried via email, phone calls, and visits to lots. The sales staff seems to not really be ready to sell these cars -- they have them sitting on the lot for months and are tepid about selling/dropping the price.

Anyone have any success out here?
  • Options
    carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    And don't forget to include if you're shopping for an AWD or FWD. It's amazing how often this "little" detail is not being included in shopper reports.
  • Options
    thanks Taruncheel!
    The internet group emailed me back yesterday right after I posted and gave me the same rate for an 07 Limited w/ultimate package, cross rails and mats for $30,295. Thank you very much for your post, yes it was the one I was referring back to and we happen to be going right through Winston Salem (I live in Raleigh) this Friday so it worked out very well! Still waiting on the buyer's order to be faxed, it was supposed to come yesterday but I haven't seen it yet. I'm really surprised that the salesman I talked to wouldn't come down to that price but the internet department said this is the "internet" price- so, "GO INTERNET!" Btw, did they have other 08 Limiteds w/ultimate package there? They let me know that the dealdership owner is driving the white Limited right now so it will be Oct 10th until I can get it. They have one also in satin beige that I can take now but if I can get your deal on an 08, I may take that instead of waiting or picking a color that I'm neutral about.
  • Options
    forgot to mention - 07 Limited w/ultimate package, cross rails and mats - AND it's FWD, not AWD - for $30,295 plus tax (3% NC), tag and $499 doc fees. Looks like the invoice w/these options is $33,614 on Edmunds, so even with the $499 dealer fee - it comes to $2,820 under invoice.
  • Options
    If anyone is interested:

2007 SE FWD Blue [non-permissible content removed] Floor Mats $26500 OTD, the invoice price according to Edmunds is $27089 including dest fee.

Heres the math:

Price 25096.73+ Tax 7% 1756.77+ State Tire Fee $7.50+ 4 yr Tags $350+ Dealer Doc Fee $289= $27500 less $1000 Comp Rebate.
    $2000 below invoice, if you add the $1000 Comp rebate, its $3000 below

I was originally only looking for a GLS FWD, anf the best offer from 2 dealers was $26430 OTD, another was $27999 OTD, so I think I got a fair if not good price.

After only 1 day, I like the car very much but do have some initial quality comments ill post later in the proper thread.
  • Options
    Finally got the buyer's order (which matches the information I posted w/$1,000 competitive rebate) and just saw that cross rails were not listed as the salesman had stated, just side rails. Anyone know - is it possible (and easy) to add these later? They have another color with the cross rails listed on their site. I'm not sure if we'll use them but it's nice to know my options.
  • Options
    Sorry. Mine $$$$ was for an AWD I posted earlier.

whenindowt
  • Options
    They should be easy, but just mention it to the salesman. If you have your quote with the options listed, they might get them for you. I don't know about the other 08's. I was lucky that they had just the one (Black Diamond). I think the owner was going to drive that one until they couldn't find the 07 I wanted. The internet has been great and they will give you a good price. The internet sales manager was great. I live in Hickory and drove to Winston-Salem just because of the deal. They had to order the IPOD integration for me, so I will have to drive back sometime next week.

BTW, this was with the Entertainment Package and was FWD not AWD.
  • Options
    The current leaders are:

07 Limited - $3800 under invoice. (We may need to (-) the Doc fee for this deal)

07 SE - $3000 under invoice. (new post)

08 Limited - $1,100? under invoice.

08 SE - $2000 under invoice.

Keep posting the good deals.
  • Options
    It looks like many on this board are getting better deals.

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

Body: SE 3.8l V6 FWD Color: Deep Blue Interior: Black

Delivered Internet Price: $29,970 Factory Invoice: $31,908
    Delivered Value Price: $30,339 MSRP: $33,980

2008 Hyundai Veracruz
    WHITE FLINT
    Body: LTD 3.8l V6 Auto FWD Color: Black Diamond Interior: Beige

Delivered Internet Price: $31,586 Factory Invoice: $32,686
    Delivered Value Price: $31,955 MSRP: $35,075
  • Options
    First: A HUGE thanks to ALL who have shared their buying experience and to Edmunds for this forum as it proved quite helpful!

Second: My apologies for waiting a week before posting as my purchase was actually made last Saturday.

I live in the Nashville area and ended up purchasing from the internet sales manager at Columbia Hyundai in Cincinnati which is approx. a 5 hour drive from Nashvile. I had a great experience from this young gentlemen and would highly recommend them.

Mine is the black diamond exterior with the saddle interior. Purchase price was $33,200 for the limited AWD with just the mats and cross rails. The retail price was $36,775 and the invoice price was $34,100. In addition the vehicle came with a custom mesh grill which according to the dealer "their" price was $485. Now, how much did they actually pay for this grill, who knows but let's say it was $300. Assuming their cost was only $300 instead of $485, it looks like my deal for the 2008 limited AWD was $1,200 under invoice.

This price excluded TN sales tax and title fees. There was a $250 doc fee which I completely forgot to inquire about during my negotiation but it sounds like based on others who have posted $250 is not all that bad for a doc fee.

In case anyone would like an idea of what this custom grill look like, check out the image on this link. At some point, I should also post a picture of what it looks like on the black diamond as it has really grown on me.

In addition to highly recommending the young internet sales manager from Columbia Hyundai as he did an excellent job of following up with me and truly wanted to make me his customer, I would also HIGHLY recommend Capital One Auto Financing for those who are need of financing their new Veracruz. I applied thru Costco and not only received a great rate, it was by far the best and simplest process I've ever had to go thru financing a vehicle! I was able to negotiate my deal with basically a blank check!

I'm disappointed the 2008 does NOT come with the $1,000 competitive rebate and even contacted Hyundai corporate before making my purchase but of course it didn't help. However, since I was not interested in the ultimate package the now standard features on the 2008 limited WITHOUT the DVD entertainment package were a huge plus and suits our family to the "T".

Again, my sincerest appreciation for everyone who has posted!
  • Options
    Thanks for providing your details.
    I am not sure about the grill issue, but with Doc Fee your deal is about $950 under invoice. Is that correct?

Enjoy your new car.
  • Options
    dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    2007 Stone white SE FWD with premium leather(gray) package in $29200. Mats included. Love it. lots of features. Very silent inside out. Still to check MPG. Finish is sofisticated. Beautiful on the driveway. You got to drive once and you will love it.
  • Options
    Please share the details of your deal.

MSRP, Invoice Price (Ad/ons and extra fees:Doc Fee)

Thanks
  • Options
    Yes I would say it's around $950 below invoice including the $250 doc fee. I'm sure others can and will do a little better but I'm very happy with my deal especially since it is an AWD limited and has the options we wanted. In added benefit is that I truly like the vehicle even better than I thought I would :shades:

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post that I did contact Bob King Hyundai in NC and felt like I could probably deal with them but they were a little further away from me and didn't have the exact vechicle in stock. Frankly, they weren't quite as personable as the young internet guy from Columbia Hyundai. My second choice was Dean Hyundai in St. Louis as they offered me $600 under invoice without ever talking with me over the phone so I'm confident I could have received a similar deal from them. I also inquired back and forth with the auto mall in the DC area (fitz auto mall I believe) and the gentlemen did a terrific job of following up with me but again vehicle selection and distance played a role in my decision.

Best of luck to all those still in the hunt!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Document fees are limited to $250 by Ohio law..

Of course, most Ohio dealers charge the maximum, then try to tell you they have to.. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    klnamklnam Member Posts: 3
    2008 Hyundai Veracruz

Body: Limited AWD Color: Black Interior: Beige

Ultimate Entertainment Package, Cross Roof Rails, Carpeted Floor Mats

Invoice Price: $35,465; MSRP: $38,275; TMV (Edmunds) price: $37,110

Paid: $33,767.
    Got lucky I think. We negotiated this price for a new 2007, and upon signing the papers saw that the vehicle was being sold as new with 1,220 miles...we were ready to walk when they offered the 2008 with 8 miles for the same price.

Funny though, they had to fiddle with the numbers to make it all work, so it appears from the sales documents that we paid $30,800. But anyhow.
  • Options
    Please provide more details concerning your deal:

Was there a trade?

Final price before TTL?

Other fees like a Doc fee.

Thanks
  • Options
    p547dvp547dv Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to lease replacement for my MDX. Drove Veracruz and liked it a lot. Couldn't find anybody from forum who leased this car. Is there any reason for this? :confuse:
  • Options
    klnamklnam Member Posts: 3
    We ended up trading in at the last minute - negotiated the deal net of the trade.

Final Price before TTL was $33,767 - tax (5%), destination (695), dealer proc fee (yes, a sham fee but we were negotiating an out the door price) (100) and tags (250) got us to $36,500 out the door.

I think they panicked a bit when they saw us getting the kids together to leave when we found out that the 2007 (the only 2007 AWD) had 1,220 miles and felt that it wasn't new.
  • Options
    If my calculations are correct your deal was about $900 below invoice. 33,767 (plus 695 and 100). Note the $695 DC is already part of the invoice price (check your last post), but your newest post shows it again as a separate cost or fee. I hope you did well on your trade.

This would have been a bad deal with the 2007 model. Good thing you got the 2008.
  • Options
    dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    2007 SE Premium leather package
    Base MSRP: 28,005
    P&L package:3350
    Floor Mats :125
    Freight & Handling:690
    Total MSRP: 32,170

Negotiated to $29,300.
    Then Taxes 7%, + document fee $289.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, it looks like your deal was $550 below invoice. I thought there was a $1000 rebate on this car?
  • Options
    The current leaders are:

07 Limited - $3800 under invoice. (We may need to (-) the Doc fee for this deal) $3500 under invoice with doc fee.

07 SE - $3000 under invoice.

08 Limited - $1,100? under invoice.

08 SE - $2000 under invoice.

Keep posting the good deals.
  • Options
    nthenthe Member Posts: 414
    seloo, the rebate is only for owners of competing SUVs and minivans.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input, but I understand that it is very easy to get the rebate. I am pretty sure that the dealership put that $1000 in their pocket and I cannot blame them. They are in the business to make money.
  • Options
    astrovetteastrovette Member Posts: 10
    Are there any buyers out there from the tri-state area (NY, NJ, Conn.) who have recently brought a Veracruz? If so, what do the numbers look like and also which dealers?

Thanks.
  • Options
    2007 SE 26500 otd IN NJ
  • Options
    Was dealing with 3 dealers in central NJ for an 07 GLS fwd.

Best price I got was from Glen Lester in Toms River (it may be Lester Glen), $26430 OTD. The internet sales person was very easy to deal with, and I thought I would probably go with that car and price. Brad Benson in E Brunswick, seemed to have a low price but could not get anywhere with the internet sales mgr, just wanted me to come in, which I didnt. Circle in Red Bank wanted 27900 OTD for the 2007 GLS FWD, too high.

Stopped at Sansones Rt 1 Automall in Woodbridge on the way to work one day, just to get a price before I went with Lester Glen. I was specific about what I wanted, they didnt have it, but they had an 07 SE in the same color. I pretty much told them I wasnt interested in anything they had, I told them I was ready to make a deal with another dealer, just wanted to check their stock and prices, and was ready to leave. They threw a price out of $26500 OTD on the SE, only $70 more than the price on the GLS so I took it. I think you can get good prices with Sansone, but you must know what you want or they will play games with you. After I agreed with the deal, they seemed disappointed that I already had financing in place, so I would not talk financing with them before you stike a deal. I am confident they thought they would make some $$$ on financing me. Too bad.

Someone above said they liked Cap One auto finance. Just want to let everyone know, I went through Lending Tree. Cap One and Road Loans sent me a check right away. Chase auto finace called to go over the details, when I told the their rate was higher than Cap One, thet beat it by 1.75% on a 72 month loan and that was without autodraft for the payments, which Cap One requires. I think you get better rates through Lending Tree than going directly to loan sites like Cap One.
  • Options
    mar78mar78 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone bought a Veracruz in New Mexico? If so could you provide the details please.
  • Options
    astrovetteastrovette Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the feedback.

Would you happen to have a breakdown? Also was this purchase recent or towards the beginning of the year?
  • Options
    See post 377, purchased last week.
  • Options
    I'm from CT but I bought mine just over the state line in Springfield, MA. I got 2 prices for a 2007 GLS AWD with just mats. 27,000 from a dealer in Willamantic, CT. 26,400 for the exact same one in Springfield.

Just a side note on financing. I think I got a good rate at a local credit union. 4.49% for 36 mos. Everything else I looked at was 6% or 7%. Anyone know of any lower re-finance rates out there?