Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tacoma Lease Questions

Comments

• daveymandaveyman Posts: 2
    I was considering placing an order for a 2009 Tacoma access cab in order to get the color and options I want (the recent incentive was largely eaten up by a radio I didn't want and there were few color options). I'm told Toyota will not build any more 09 Tacomas until May of this year for delivery in June. It looks to me from this forum that the 09s came out in July of 08. Do you know when the 10s are likely to come out? Any inside information on any changes that might occur to the vehicle?. I'm leary of ordering an 09 for delivery in June if the next model year will be out in July. My dealer says the 10s will be on in late fall, but he's a care salesman if you know what I mean.
    Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey digger71az. Toyota's current lease program for the 2009 Tacoma varies by region. Let me know what state you are in and I will be happy to provide you with the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Thanks Car_man! I am in AZ 85254
    Hi daveyman. I personally don't know exactly when the 2010 Taco is scheduled to arrive at dealers, but you may be able to find someone who does know over in the kurt123, "Toyota Tacoma 2005+" #, 23 Feb 2004 12:42 pm discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, digger71az. I believe that Arizona is in Toyota's Los Angles region. Toyota Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Tacoma Double Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Keep in mind though that TFS places restrictions upon what options can be residualized on vehicles. This makes it very difficult to calculate the actual dollar residuals of specific models. So much so that Toyota provides dealers with a list of the actually dollar residuals for the vehicles that they have in stock rather than relying upon them to calculate the numbers on their own.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

Do you know the current money factor & residual for a longbed 4x4 double cab? I realize that actual residuals are not easy to calculate but I have a list of options & a VIN if that helps. Location is Charlotte, NC.
  • paulb67paulb67 Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Hope you can help....Was quoted by my local dealer (in NortherCalif) for a 2009 4x4 Tacoma longbed 4 DR with TRD sport and JBL, with flor mats, etc for a lease of $438 (Factor of .00093 and Residual of 17800), with $884 out the door. The selling price of the vehicle is $29867.

Is this a good deal and is the lease amount right?

Seems high, seeing how I am getting rid of my leased 4x4 Tundra 4dr that cost me $350 (although factor was a lot lower then!).
  • Your last statement sums it up. The higher MF is affecting the price. Contact me at my e-mail address. It's my usnername, ocautoseeker, then add @yahoo.com
  • Hi Car Man,

Was wondernig if this was a good deal:

2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4 X 2 PreRunner TRD Shortbed
    Tow Package, XM, rear camera, bluetooth, the works
    MSRP: $28,562 ($1500 customer rebate already included)
    Down: $1,500
    Monthly payments: $500.00
    Lease Term: 59 months
    Residual: 11,972
    MF: Not sure, I think it was about .000254, TFS are having a special right now.

I had a 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Double Cab SLT 4X4 that I traded in. The dealer purchased it for $7,000 (which was KBB) and I still owed $10,000. They worked the amount I owed into the lease, I believe.

Can you tell me how the trade ins factor into a lease AND was this a good or average deal?
    Hi dbgncsu05. Unfortunately, I believe that North Carolina resides in Toyota's Southeast region. Toyota does not sell vehicles directly to dealers in that area. Instead a distributor called SE Toyota does. SE Toyota requires dealers to use its own captive finance company, SE Toyota Finance, rather than Toyota Financial Services. I have not seen SE Toyota's lease program in a while. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi paulb67. I'll try :) . The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks good. It is right in line with Toyota Financial Services' buy rate for it.

The other important number to focus on when leasing is your vehicle's selling price. It's excellent that you already know what that number is. It is difficult for me to say how attractive it is, however, without something to compare it to. Let me know the MSRP or dealer invoice price of the exact truck that you are interested in, that information is available right here in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, and I will be happy to ttell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lyric2007. $500 per month for 60 months. I'm sorry to say this, but that's a lot of money for a Tacoma :sick: . Have you finalized this deal yet? If not, it would probably be in your best interest not to.

Car_man
    Host
  • lyric2007lyric2007 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Unfortunately, we already finalized the deal. My calculations included the negative equity we had on the Dodge that the dealer took on. How do dealers typically take on a trade-in that money is still owed on?
  • Just wondering if could tell me if there are any new lease rates for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4x2. Please let me know
  • Hi-
    I'm new to leasing and for a 2010 Tacoma I was given a $330/mo, $2500 down from the dealer I went to after credit being run. I am in MA and was wondering if this is a good deal? However at the end they said we should have GAP insurance with a lease and that would add on approx. $20/month to the payment. Is it necessary to get GAP insurance or should I check with my insurance company first? Haven't finalized anything yet...have until Monday to do so.
    Thank you.
  • ck90211ck90211 Posts: 129
    I too am in market for a PU, and saw Toyota has a regional (I tried VA, MD and CA zips) special, which you can see on Edmunds.com as well, for a Tacoma double cab, 4x2 SR5 for only $209 a month ($2699 down). It's not the best deal but great for lease for now. It's a short bed (I like long), but I will take it.

Carman, just wondering what is the money factor and residual on this Tacoma Double Cab program from Toyota. Thanks.
  • ck90211ck90211 Posts: 129
    Looks like Toyota's Sept Tacoma lease special is only for 09 Pre-runner Double Cab, and having real hard time finding one (most sold during clunker sales). Sales person thinks there might be a 2010 Tacoma lease special next month or soon.
  • jrammjramm Posts: 8
    I'm evaluating my options for a new 2010 Tacoma, DBL Cab, SR5 and was hoping to see if i could get a close approximation of a lease payment using the the residual and money factor for my area (Houston.)

Also, having read the other comments about how TFS handles residuals will it do me any good to try to run these numbers on my own? I always like to have an idea of what I'm looking at before I sit down with the dealer, but it sounds like that may be difficult.

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • I was just got a price for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 MSRP $29,724 including all taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees of $379/month with $750 down at 15k miles/yr, or $375/month with only 1st month payment down and 12k/yr. The selling price is $27559. Summary below. Is this a good deal???

MSRP - $29724
    Selling Price - $27559
    15K/yr price - $379 w/ $750 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
    12K/yr - $375 $0 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
  • I was just got a price for a Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 MSRP $29,724 including all taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees of $379/month with $750 down at 15k miles/yr, or $375/month with only 1st month payment down and 12k/yr. The selling price is $27559. Summary below. Is this a good deal???

MSRP - $29724
    Selling Price - $27559
    15K/yr price - $379 w/ $750 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees
    12K/yr - $375 $0 down incl taxes (NY 8.25%) and fees