Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Honda Civic

Does anyone have any info on any changes to the 2008 Civic...IE: Colors....Bluetooth Etc

Comments

• eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    probably wont see any major changes...or minor ones at that. 2009 will be the year they give it their 'update' with revised body styling and such. we'll have to wait and see.
  • medcatmedcat Posts: 9
    I read somewhere that they are adding an a Leather seat option. But i do not know if thats factual or not
    this would be nice, but the fact that they don't offer it now is not to big of a deal breaker.
  • kenlwkenlw Posts: 190
    actually, I would NEVER have leather seats. They require too much maintenance and look awful after a few years (i average 10 years on a car.) Cloth holds up much better.

A really simple improvement would be to add a $5 relay so that the headlights turn off when you turn off the car. This has been standard on many cars for over 10 years. It ain't rocket science, folks....instead we get a dopey dinger that tells you the lights are on.....
    all of the cars i've ever owned have the dingy beeps, but never an auto headlight off.

the only real changes i'd like to see in the civic probably wont happen until gen 9. i would like to see what the current gens face lift will look like though. (01-03 civic, looked ok but 04-05 was a very nice sublt improvment.)
    "...all of the cars i've ever owned have the dingy beeps, but never an auto headlight off. "

standard on my 97 camry for one. very convenient. the relay that would make it work costs no more than the dinger.
  • drmbbdrmbb Posts: 80
    My 1999 very, very basic chevy cavalier had an auto shutoff for all lights. If any light (headlights, interior dome light, parking lights) were left on with no key in the ignition for 20 minutes, the power was automatically cut to keep the battery from being drained. If chevy could do that on a completely no-frills econocar, then everybody should be able to do it on every model.

Oh, and the chev also had the dingy thing too - it just had an idiot proof backup as well.
    just kidding ofcourse. ;)
  • glideslopesglideslopes Posts: 431
    Some strong rumors on another site for Paddle Shifters for the AT. Not sure if a AT Si, or and EX upgrade with the 155hp K20 2.0.
    An AT Si would probably have sold me. I really thought they would do an AT before a sedan.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    An Automatic Si seems VERY pointless to me. The Civic Si is about offering a very raw performance experience. With all its power made in the stratosphere, and relatively meager torque (compared with its competitors), where many cars redline, a manual seems a must-have option in this car in order to really wring it out properly.

Just my opinion, but its one that I believe would be shared by a lot of people (based on what I've read in other threads here).
    most would have said the same about a 4 dr Si. And it may not appeal to you but would increase sales. At least one that I'm aware of....
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Having two extra doors doesn't change the performance characteristics of the engine. Having a performance-robbing torque-converter does.

The engine's peaky nature simply wouldn't mesh well with an automatic.
  • kork13kork13 Posts: 90
    I completely agree with the others... An AT Si would rob it of all the fun. Just last night, I decided to stretch my Si's legs a bit, and brought it up to 6k+ rpms a few times, just for kicks... That's one of the funnest parts about the Si, and the upper-reaches is where the engine gets the best power. According to dyno results posted in another forum, between 6.2k - 7.8k rpms is the sweet spot, and an AT would never let you get up there. No, an AT Si would never do.....

As for changes I'd like to see, the only thing I'd like to see (at least on the Si side) would be a more torquing engine, but that sort of improvement is probably a few years off, at least not until the next gen comes out.
  • kork13kork13 Posts: 90
    About the auto-off headlights, yea, it'd probably be nice. However, I wouldn't get rid of the dingy noise... That little ring helps me remember to get the keys out and turn the lights out ALL THE TIME. Yea, it's a little sad that I always forget, but it is still very useful for me.
  • I don't expect many significant changes to the Civic for 2008. A few extra features are rumored (possibility of leather as an option) but I don't think it will be anything earth-shattering.

I think the biggest changes will be saved for the MMC for the 2009 model year. Honestly, I hope the MMC will bring dramatic changes, including a new interior. As a current owner of an '06 Accord, I love the quality and the layout of my Accord's interior. I despise nearly everything about the current Civic's. I am sure Honda won't go to the trouble of re-designing the interior (some people like it) but it's the interior that kept me from buying one.

As far as the exterior goes, I think the Civic coupe looks awesome just the way it is. I wouldn't want them to make dramatic changes (probably new bumpers, maybe LED taillights?). The sedan needs a little more work I think... new bumpers, new taillights, new grille. I wonder if the 2008 Accord styling will rub off on the Civic?
    exactly, everone who complained of an si sedan was an idiot, especially considering it started as a HATCH and not a coupe at all. and can anyone say acura integra gsr? one of the coolest performance honda 4 doors ever.

an a/t simply wouldn't work. make the si's engine at least 2.2 or 2.3 litres making the same power to displacement ratio and then we would be fine. but honda would SOO make us pay for that. a gti for example does fine with the dsg, it has a ton of tq. the si requires a manual; its not about tradition but just the nature of the engine.

any 2.0 with paddle shifters would be great; a sort of competitor for the base se-r and mazda 3 2.3. this is basically available on the csx in canada, and on the uplevl civic in japan. its the engine from the old si/ base rsx. i think it would be great; but honda already made the mistake of putting the si moniker on a car with that engine; it wont happen again.
    there is NO WAY that the 09's will have dramatic makeovers; hence the term 'MINOR model change'.

revisions to the face and butt, little interior upgrades and maybe some different looking wheels. and maybe more accordish gauges. (same layout, nicer displays.) Anyone remember what an 01-03 civic looked like compared to an 04-05? a subtle difference (a good one at that) but NOTHING major.

the 08 accord proabably wont rub off; its the new civic that rubbed on. they match stylistically now as opposed to one looking modern and one looking futuristic.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Posts: 110
    Replying to: kenlw
    An Automatic Si seems VERY pointless to me.

The point of an Automatic Si would be to get the upgraded engine and equipment without having the burden of manually shifting.

Why? Well, I suppose spoiled, modern-day teens are finding it very difficult to shift at the same they are simultaneously smoking and sending cellphone text messages. Have you no sympathy for the 'gen-nothing' ers? LOL.
This discussion has been closed.