Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura RL

Comments

• Options
    steveinindysteveinindy Member Posts: 48
    To turn off the voice, go to menu and turn off "voice feedback." It will only turn off the voice you are annoyed with--it will not turn off the voice that gives directions when you plot a route on the navigation screen, and it will not turn off the voice recognition feature. I liked the voice feedback for about three days, then got sick of it, particularly when music is playing. You can also adjust the voice feedback volume and change the voice from male to female. To change gender, you go to "more" under the menu option. Hope this helps! By the way, the salesperson should know more about the cars he is selling! Steve
  • Options
    steveinindysteveinindy Member Posts: 48
    I tried to edit my first post (6317), but I guess it was too late. Rather than pushing the menu button, push the setup button. Then turn the interactive voice feedback to off. To chnage the gender, go to "more" in the setup, then go to "basic settings" and switch from male to female or vise versa. Good luck!
  • Options
    kfhmailkfhmail Member Posts: 199
    One more comment on the ventilated/cooled seats. Are the seats ventilated for the back part of the seat also, or just the seat bottom?

Thanks.
  • Options
    soapkngsoapkng Member Posts: 21
    I've had no luck so far with local audio shops to modify the 2005's DVD to play movies....I can't imagine (and this is just speculation of course) that this player, which can play just about everything else, including DVD-audio, can't read/play DVD-video. Any ideas?

Other than this, and a few minor problems, car is great!

DF
  • Options
    msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    I didn't know think the RL offered "cooled" ventilated seats? I was under the impression that they only heated via heating elements. I am under the impression that the seats use a heating element to heat only and are not ventilated (via a blower).

My MDX heats the seat and back of the drivers seat; but only the seat on the passenger side because of the SRS sensor in the passenger seatback. Perhaps current RL owners will chime in.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    Ventilated seats are on Canadian models...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jjacurajjacura Member Posts: 807
    "Ventilated seats are on Canadian models..."

We had a few discussions on this forum about how the ventilated seats actually worked....that is correct... only on the Canadian cars...but the trade off is....they don't get the XM satellite radio...and one of these days my friend bodble2 from Canada will make the announcement that he bought a new RL and that's cool. by the way Bodble2 you were the only one that knew about my understanding wife ...How did you know that? ;)
  • Options
    bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    Well...ahem....she wasn't exactly just sitting at home crocheting while you were bouncing around the countryside, you know :blush::blush:

Gee, I better stop before I get one, or both of us in trouble! ;)
  • Options
    kfhmailkfhmail Member Posts: 199
    Yes, the ventilated seats are currently only available on the RLs in Canada...so...for Canadians...are the seat backs also ventilated or just the seat bottoms.

Also, heard that in the near future that XM will be available in Canada...do not know about when/if in an Acura???
  • Options
    Ah...Bodble2....try to keep with the RL discussion..give us some info on XM possibilities in Canada and whether or not the ventillated seats on the RL extend to the back of the seat as well. I'm just trying to keep you out of trouble now! ;)
  • Options
    Thanks. I could use some help from time to time to keep me on the straight and narrow!

I think XM needs approval from the CRTC (Canadian Radio and Television Commission) I think. But I wonder if the Canadian market is big enough to justify the costs.

I don't believe the ventilated seats include the seatbacks, but let me dig around for more info. I might be wrong.
  • Options
    satiresatire Member Posts: 71
    Marin Acura (north of San Francisco) has their own lease that's $40 less than Acura. Downpayment is a little more at $4,995. What a bummer for Acura. They make a great car and no one comes to buy it. Wonder why.
  • Options
    You are right about one thing...the Acura RL is a great car!
  • Options
    I was smitten with the RL back in late Dec when I took my MDX in for an oil change. Very positive first impressions, but I wasn't in the market for new wheels nor did I want to pay $49+K for one anyway. Took the MDX in for its next oil change in March and was again drawn to the RL; at that time my sales rep told me they were NOT selling well and he could make me a deal. By that time I was toying with entering the new car market and began searious research into the RL.

At the time I was 90+% sold on the RL and had I bought then it was the one; but I am not an impulse shopper and the research con't. Research into April led to some widespread issues regarding the RL and the discovery of the M35. Also I began considering what features really mattered to me which ones didn't. For me RealTime NavTraffic is NOT nearly as important as a RearView Backup Camera. The tide began turning toward the M35; especially in light of the obvious overpricing Acura chose for the RL.

Bottom Line: I am still undecided. Both the RL and the M35 are great cars; neither is perfect. The RL is clearly overpriced and has specialized technology that will not appeal to everyone (e.g. NavTraffic is only available in 21 major cities). Acura built it and some will come.
  • Options
    One of my favorites..."Many are called but few are chosen"
    The Acura RL has been chosen.
  • Options
    ..."Many are called but few are chosen"

Are we talking about coffee beans now? ;)
  • Options
    No..... but it's been a while since we've had some more participation on this forum. We need Shotgun, Acuraphile, WashDCGuy, Dennis721, Jmatthe, Kyfdx, NebraskaGuy, Cstiles, Houstonguy, and MarkCincinnati types dropping in to give this forum an injection right about now.
  • Options
    cstilescstiles Member Posts: 465
    Acura Division set a new record with May sales rising 9.1% to 18,685 cars and light trucks, including a 225.7% increase of the RL sports luxury sedan with 1,404 units sold. Acura year-to-date sales of 86,201 rose 8.7% versus a year ago.

YTD through May, RL sales now stand at 6,867. Acura still has to hustle to reach its stated target of 20,000 annual sales. Sales tend to pick up in the warmer months, and although it's too early to say, appears they'll end the year somewhere in the ballpark of 18,000 unit sales.
  • Options
    ...including a 225.7% increase of the RL sports luxury sedan with 1,404 units sold.

Of course that 225.7% increase is over last years '04 sales :blush: The May figure of 1404 is up from March's 1376 and April's 1304; no doubt due to steep/heavy discounts. May sales are lower than February's and nowehere near the highs of Nov and Dec.
  • Options
    bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Sales of M35/45 were 50% higher than the RL in May and Lexus GS sales were more than twice RL sales. Rebates coming?
  • Options
    Interesting how people interpret sales numbers ...the M numbers in May dropped off 5% compared to their April sales numbers. The Acura RL which has been on the market since last October had a 7.6% increase in May over the month of April. I really like the RL's chances of hitting their sales goal for 2005!
  • Options
    acuraphileacuraphile Member Posts: 131
    I'm still here, jj, though firmly encased in a flexion brace waiting for my quadriceps to heal. The brace is now set at 45 degrees which permits me to scoot into the front passenger seat - I've been indoors for eight weeks - hopefully, the surgeon will ramp me up to 90 degrees tomorrow and possibly permit me to drive shortly.

It's ironic: when I took delivery of my RL in December, I pored over those manuals night after night, and now, after being removed from the car for two months, I've forgotten everything! I'll need to start from scratch. "Oh, so there's no ignition key?? -;)...and keyless entry? Wow!!"

I feel like an SWL (short-wave listener) but I check the forum a few times a day and hope to add some input in the next few weeks when I'm in the left seat again.
    In the meantime, regards to all...keep typing.

George
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    after being removed from the car for two months, I've forgotten everything! I'll need to start from scratch

Think how much fun you'll have all over again!! :shades:

Glad to hear you are on the mend ...
  • Options
    gteach26gteach26 Member Posts: 576
    it is too small for a flagship, in my opinion. A flagship sedan needs to be big, bold, powerful, and innovative. At least they got the innovative and powerful part right.

I've read elsewhere that dealers are calling the RL a "disappointment" so far. I'm not sure how reliable that classification is. Any dealers or sales persons here care to comment?

My opinion: The RL is a very nice car, BUT, if I were in the market for an Acura and wasn't too tall to fit in the car comfortably, I'd prefer the TL over the RL in terms of styling and value.

Perhaps the TL is stealing the RL's thunder?
  • Options
    nebraskaguynebraskaguy Member Posts: 341
    Perhaps the TL is stealing the RL's thunder?

I guess it's possible; however, I really don't think so. They're just two really different cars and appeal to different people. I test drove the TL before the RL and even though I really liked it, I never seriously considered it. After driving the RL, all thoughts of the TL went right out of my head.

The TL is sportier and possibly appeals to a younger crowd. It's also quite a bit less expensive. However, for those who can afford an RL, it offers so much more. The SH-AWD is, for me, a showstopper. After driving my RL for seven months, I couldn't imagine not having it. After that, there's the steering wheel which glides up and out of the way for my long legs, the keyless entry, the quieter ride, and just the overall feel of more luxury in the RL.

However, having said all that, the TL is an excellent car for those who don't want to drop in excess of $40k for a car.
  • Options
    Agree with Nebraskaguy.

We keep seeing opinions that the RL is selling poorly. Let's remind ourselves (again) that Honda is a relatively small company. They are 1/3 the size of Toyota, and smaller than Nissan, D-C, BMW, and Audi/VW.

I think Acura has been smart about finding the sweet spot in each segment to generate decent sales numbers and most importantly, PROFIT. It's not about volume but how much money you make. They don't need a large number of models or multiple variations of the same car like BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. to move product.

They would certainly benefit from a true flagship (V8) car, or perhaps a model that competes directly with the G35 coupe or maybe even a S2K-based roadster, but I believe they have appropriate "depth" to handle or achieve exactly what they want to do, especially as a "smaller" manufacturer to some of their peers.

The RL is far from perfect (but what car is?). It represents a compromise of sorts, especially in light of how well the Infiniti M is doing in the marketplace. But Acura is doing just fine, with sales 200+% over the previous model. The only benchmark that may be questioned is their stated goal of 20K sales. They're in range to get there, but it will be a stretch.

Off topic, but how about Danica Patrick and Honda's domination at Indy? I believe 8 of the top 9 finishers ran Honda power. Honda/Acura will get mileage from those feats. All from a relatively small car company.
  • Options
    "...with sales 200+% over the previous model."

The increase is over the outgoing RL though. I think they could have re-introduced a 1991 Legend and achieved the same results. :P

I remember last year my dealer had brand new RLs sitting on their lot with about $12K discounts posted on the windshield!
  • Options
    "hopefully, the surgeon will ramp me up to 90 degrees tomorrow and possibly permit me to drive shortly."

The last time I heard those words "Ramp Up" I got excited beyond words. Bottom line...it allowed me to go forward into an early retirement.

George you are missed ...heck feel free to drop us a line anytime and I can imagine you are really ready to get behind the wheel again. I was just thinking about something that I did recently and never heard you talk about it before. Inside the owners manual packet you received a Gift Card for a Free Surround Sound Disc from 5.1 Marketing and Sales. It was attached inside the case that holds the DVD-Audio Demonstration Disc..check it out if you haven't already. Really spectacular sound!

I hope those quadricepts heal strong my man.and remember...that RL front seat has a lumbar support that adjusts extremely well! In my living room hangs a picture of a couple of kids looking through the window of a candy store. I'll be thinking bout ya pressing your nose against the window.
  • Options
    Much appreciation for that home state talent DANICA PATRICK you bet!!!
  • Options
    shotgunshotgun Member Posts: 184
    JJ...The RL has been getting a lot of positive press lately - People are beginning to discover the car and realize what an excellent value it represents. This new found consumer awareness is obviously being translated to "sales momentum"! Did you notice RL sales are out pacing the Audi A6? I too think Acura will hit their 20k unit sales projection by Oct/Nov 2005.

BTW, I just clocked 12,000 miles, got my second oil change (Mobil1, 0-50W), and to date, have experienced absolutely no problems! I think the performance has improved significantly lately...The responsiveness seems more immediate and agile and the acceleration has more "intensity". Call me crazy if you must, but the car feels "lighter" to me...LOL! :)
  • Options
    Interesting how people interpret sales numbers ...the M numbers in May dropped off 5% compared to their April sales numbers.

Interesting indeed. Of course Acura had to drastically drop the price to get those sales and that is a fact. The RL sold for nearly MSRP through February and sales dropped significantly after the initial sales rush of Nov/Dec. Yes sales rose in May after dealer started knocking $4-5K off the MSRP. I know for a fact that M's are NOT being discounted that much yet.
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    The increase is over the outgoing RL though. I think they could have re-introduced a 1991 Legend and achieved the same results.

Touche'

hahahahaha
  • Options
    They don't need a large number of models or multiple variations of the same car like BMW, MB, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. to move product.

Are you serious? They have:

MDX, TSX, TL, RL, Pilot, Ridgeline, and Accord all on the same platform. With the Accord alone, you can get DX (Yes, last time I checked, you could still get an unbadged DX. Admittedly that was quite some time ago.), LX, or EX. You can get a 4 or 6 cylinder. Cloth or leather. Coupe or Sedan. With or without navigation. That's a lot of variations of just one car, let alone the others.

Then you have:

CR-V, RSX, Element, and Civic all sharing a platform, with nearly as many variations as the Accord. So I would say Honda is the king of variations of a car, but Nissan is poised to possibly overtake them with their FM platform.
  • Options
    The topic here is luxury performance cars.

Acura has one version of the MDX, TSX, TL, and RL. (Discounting manual transmissions, which represent <10% of sales.)

Infiniti offers 4 versions of the M. Lexus offers 3 versions of the GS. Mercedes offers at least 3 versions of the E, BMW offers at least 4 versions of the 5, and Audi offers 3 versions of the A6 (counting the avant), and possibly more later if they offer FWD.

You're right that Honda offers multiple lines off the same platform, but my point above still stands. The ES330 and Camry are similar under the skin, and there are also similarities between the RX, Highlander, and even Sienna. And Nissan has many offshoots from their FM/VQ platform. But let's stick to luxury performance cars here.
  • Options
    Yet! ;)
  • Options
    Okay. Sticking to luxury cars, why do you think it is that Acura is at the bottom of the sales pack? You say they don't need many different variations of their cars. I have to disagree, unless they are content on being an also-ran in the luxury car segment. The other luxury makers are well above Acura because they offer more variety to their customers. The competition listens to its customers for the most part. Granted, Acura listens to its customers, too, but its customers are mainly die-hard Honda fans that will accept/support whatever it offers up without question or qualification.

If Acura wants to be a real player, it needs to listen to its potential customers, too. There are tens of thousands of people out here who say, "I would buy an Acura, but ." How many times have we all read or heard that Acura needs a V8? How many times have we read that they need RWD? Do the powers-that-be at Honda need to be cracked up side the heads with a small block V8 and RWD chassis to get the message??? If the Acura division won't take the market seriously, how can it expect potential customers to take it seriously. Infiniti seems to have gotten the message and look at the dividends it's getting from it.

What has Acura done to get in the game or set itself apart from the competion? NavTraffic?? Please. I would think that people would know they're city well enough to know when and where traffic will be. How often would the vast majority of RL owners be traveling outside their city to need NavTraffic? Besides, that's not even their product; it belongs to the Navteq corporation which XM jumped in to get a lead on it (Sirius will be offering it soon enough). SH-AWD? Tests show that it still doesn't put it ahead of its competition. I think its biggest raison d'etre is to combat the viscious torque steer of a 300HP FWD platform by bleeding some of the power off to the rear wheels, in essence, torque steering one rear wheel or the other.

I would say they have the quality aspect cornered, but the RL electronics seem to be proving to be as buggy as a Mercedes.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The topic here is luxury performance cars.

Um, I think you turned left when you meant to go right. :) This one's about the RL. But that's fine, carry on! :shades:
  • Options
    nebraskaguynebraskaguy Member Posts: 341
    NavTraffic?? Please. I would think that people would know they're city well enough to know when and where traffic will be.

From reading the posts here, I'm not sure NavTraffic works all that well. However, assuming it worked as intended, it would be a great asset, no matter how well a person knows their city. In the DC area, traffic tieups can occur at the drop of a hat in a spot or time that rarely has backups. One day recently, I-95 was backed up for miles on a Saturday afternoon due to a paving project. How could knowing your area well help you there? And this happens frequently. In LA, traffic is notoriously unpredictable and I can imagine that NavTraffic would be very helpful there.

Maybe some areas have very predictable backups in very predictable areas, but I venture to say that many, if not most, metro areas don't.
  • Options
    lam2lam2 Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery of my new RL a couple of weeks ago and love it :) Took me about 10 minutes to get my Blackberry working with the HFL (Hands Free Link) in the car by following instructions in the owners manual and the phone manual. No problems at all with the phone or the simple operation of the system. Voice commands work very well and I use it all the time. Once you've put the contacts you want into the car's phone book you really don't need to touch your phone except when you enter the car. You need to confirm the Bluetooth connection on the phone each time you reconnect with the HFL. Hope you find it as easy as I did and it works as well for you, enjoy :)
  • Options
    washdcguywashdcguy Member Posts: 17
    If you own an RL and drive it you know the great handling and luxury feel the car imparts. Just because it outsold the Audi last month doesn't make it special. And if the M, starting at a list almost $10,000 less, should happen to sell more, so be it. That car (the M) still looks like a Nissan Altima SE. No amount of options is going to change that.

I had an E Class Mercedes and the repairs were too much to bear from day one. I eventually got to know all the mechanics by their first names.

But since last October with my RL, I've not had a single problem or concern. Just compliments everywhere I go about its looks and features. And it still corners like a bat out of hell!

It's been worth every penny I spent. I don't care how well it sells. It's an incredible car.
  • Options
    dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    Brittany spears sells the most records so she is the best, Let's all just listen to her. The next car I buy is going to be based on who sells the most, then I'm gonna buy that one. I like to think of Honda-Acura kind of like southwest airlines. Not a lot of people like em but they are affordable and they just keep plugging away. Take the lack of a V8 being offered for instance, They are getting more horses out of a V6 than almost anybody, yet I believe the fuel economy is respectable. [ i could be wrong on that] Remember in the seventies when gas was in such short supply and we had to go from sweet V8 hot rods such as the GTO, and the mustang, to the mustang 2 [not even charlies angels could make that car cool] To me it just seems like honda is staying ahead of the curve, and yet not bowing to the publics fickle trends. Buy what you like, I can't afford the RL [until my wife get's in to private practice] But it sure seems to offer more car for the money than anyone else. Viva la TL. :)
  • Options
    " To me it just seems like honda is staying ahead of the curve,"

Actually, if you chart Honda's development in the automotive biz, they have always been behind the curve. For example, they were late in introducing a fully-automatic transmission, late to offer a V6 in the family sedan segment, late to the minivan scene, late to come out with a legitimate SUV, late to the pickup truck party. Currently, I think they are lagging in bringing a V8, and a wagon, to market. However, where they have excelled is, even though they tend to be late to the party, once they get there, their products tend to hit a sweet note, or a niche, with the consumer, witness the Ridgeline. Part of the reason for that success, I think, is that while they lag in the macro sense, they tend to be pioneers in coming out with nifty features, ie. 4-wheel-steering, ATTS, SH-AWD (which is the natural development from their ATTS), foldaway third seat, variable valve timing, trunk in a pickup bed, etc.

The RL, past and current, for whatever reason because it's not like the car is not a good product, has been one of their few endeavors that hasn't quite hit its mark. Perhaps it needs a bit more separation from its stablemates (V8? RWD?) other than price-wise. But I don't pretend to know the solution. I think they face a similar problem with their coupes (CL, Accord). Again the problem, I think, is there is insufficient product separation. The coupes are (were) neither significantly faster, nor sleeker than their sedan counterparts. The Accord coupes in the mid-90's, in particular, were a joke. They were nothing more than the sedans minus 2 doors!.
  • Options
    hendjazhendjaz Member Posts: 155
    "Acura has one version of the MDX, TSX, TL, and RL. (Discounting manual transmissions, which represent <10% of sales.) Infiniti offers 4 versions of the M. Lexus offers 3 versions of the GS. Mercedes offers at least 3 versions of the E, BMW offers at least 4 versions of the 5, and Audi offers 3 versions of the A6 (counting the avant), and possibly more later if they offer FWD."

Cstiles makes an important point here that does not seem to be reflected in the monthly sales records. The RL sales are compared against those of the other manufacturers but each of them have 3-4 models grouped together against the single RL model. The better comparison would be the monthly sales of the RL compared with the M35 AWD (or at least just the M35), the 530 (soon to have AWD) or the GS 300 AWD. Those number comparisons would be more relevant.

However, I am not much interested in the sales numbers no matter how they are broken down. Its what car suits me now for what I am looking for and that has been since last October the RL. Maybe next year it will be something different or maybe it will be another new RL in a few when they do an inevitable upgrade of some sort that gets my attention. Let the accountants play with the sales numbers as for me a car purchase is more a matter of combining practical needs with the emotional charge I get from a car, not how it is selling versus its peers.
  • Options
    dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    What I meant by ahead of the curve is the gasoline thing, Making smaller, more fuel conserving engines, while achieving performance. I don't know about the other late things, that may well be true. Look at the success that southwest has had while everyone else in the buisiness goes broke. They could add things like first class, and meals served, but they just do what they do, and they seem content doing it. I think Honda- Acura is the same type of thing. I guess we could all go out and get the van that came out first, however, I think that most people would chose the oddessy over most of the other ones. If you want to be cutting edge look at the German cars. They have almost everything first. Great engineers, I wouldn't wish any german car out of the warrenty on my worst enemy.
    It's all just fun to talk about. Everyone can drive what they wish. I don't think that its Hondas goal to be first place in sales, they are leaving that to Toyota, who in my opinion manufacture very reliable and absolutly boring cars. [lexus included]
    For what it's worth, I think the M45 is a great car but M35 or RL? RL no question. I do think your right about die-hard Honda fans. Anything they come out with There fan base is going to like. I must include myself. I sit in an Acura and it's like home
  • Options
    "

"I sit in an Acura and it's like home."

I couldn't express it more succinctly - it's like home. As I've stated in earlier posts, I've owned three Honda Motorcycles, three Accords and three RLs. Without question, I'm in Honda's/Acura's thrall. Before I saw the new RL, I was apprehensive. What if I didn't like it? I've waited patiently for nine years and never considered another badge! I was unable to picture myself driving a Lexus or an Infiniti, though I knew this exclusivity was wholly irrational. Is it the reliability factor? Are the interiors so compelling? - I don't think so. Then what? I'm still unable to distill my feelings and come to a simple understanding. Bottom line: I'm comfortable in my enslavement. -;).
  • Options
    Actually I think by happenstance Honda lucked out on the engine/fuel conservation thing. The wheel was set in motion by corporate Honda many years ago to not go down the V8 path. No one, including Honda, had foreseen 9/11, the Iraq War, and subsequently high gas prices. But all those things happened. We are where we are now. So everything just sort of fell into Honda's lap that their line-up is devoid of gas-guzzling V8s. I don't think Honda had foreseen high fuel costs and made a conscious decision to go (almost) exclusively with fours and sixes.
  • Options
    Yes some good points about Acura's decisions to keep with the powerful Vtec six and how this was coincidental to a time where we will see gas guzzling autos and trucks take it on the chin. I'm a confirmed Acura owner, as avid maybe as one can be, so whatever direction this manufacturer takes, be it in the forefront with sh-awd or lagging behind a bit innovatively, never the less getting it right, they will keep me as a customer for a long long time.

:)"I sit in an Acura and it's like home" :)
  • Options
    George, We saw Cinderella Man earlier today. If there is any way you can view this movie in your current (State of mobility) I recommend you don't miss it.

(we drove to the theatre in the RL :P keeping with the forum subject matter.)
  • Options
    tayl0rd---I'm not going to respond to your post/questions since it seems that others have already done so sufficiently. Let me just say that your inherent bias against Honda/Acura seems as clear as my inherent bias in favor of them! :)

I never suggested that Honda is perfect, nor that they are better than other luxury brands. But I strongly disagree with your comment that they are an "Also Ran." I'm also not convinced that they absolutely must offer a V8 or RWD chassis to effectively compete, although such developments would be desirable and positive. But are they necessities? I wouldn't quite go that far.

I definitely foresee a RWD Acura sedan in the future, but I doubt Acura engineers are staying up nights sweating over that. Do you believe that Audi must also deliver a RWD chassis, and do you call Audi an "also ran?"

Let's just say we disagree on some basic points. And that's okay.
  • Options
    jjacura:

Re "Cinderella Man":

I received word Friday during my visit to the surgeon, that my brace is ready to come off and that the physical therapist can begin to wean, me though I need to wear it during the weaning process when she's not present. I've not been to the movies in ten weeks and look forward to rejoining the living and mingling with the crowd again. When I was ten, in 1935, I recall hearing the Braddock fight on the radio! and recall seeing the newsreel in our local movie house. I am looking forward to seeing Russell Crowe in action.

Ellen is driving us to NYC today to brunch with friends on Madison Ave. It's my first sojourn to the city, sitting in the front passenger seat. By the way, I couldn't find the gift certificate for that special DVD recording that you referred to. I do have the audio demo, but no coupon.

I hope that this finds you well, and that your recent scare is a thing of the past.

George