Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,367
    Sounds like a legitimate drivetrain problem to me - in the olden days, that would be a classic case of a bad differential. Or could be U-joints in the rear...in any case get the service dept cracking on it. This is not "normal".
  • nycanyca Posts: 232
    I've seen a couple of stories in the news lately about auto GPS systems being used to track cars. Specifically, a rental company used it to track someone renting a truck from them and assessed him $450 for speeding (it's in court). Does anyone know if TeleAid is active all the time, ur is it just activated when you press the button or the theft system is triggered.
  • hensleyhensley Posts: 4
    Just bought a C240 (get it in a couple of days) and appreciate all of the participation in this forum. No, I have not read all 3500 messages but was wondering what the feedback is on driving in snow. Just read a review that made the C240 sound like a dog in the snow, just the opposite of what the dealer said.

Any white stuff feedback??

Slee
  • fuzzofuzzo Posts: 88
    I followed the advice of one of the posters here (thanx ben747) and ordered my car through Valley Motors in Baltimore. I dealt with Marsha Bennett and she was a very pleasant lady to work with.

I enjoyed the fact that they threw in a free CD changer. This is something no other dealer in the DC area would do.

Infact, I have a few gripes about certain dealerships in the area... does anyone know an email address or contact for MB corporate?

Thanks in advance.
  • bubba3007bubba3007 Posts: 38
    Hi Jeff, welcome aboard. We are practically neighbors. I live in Bellevue, NE. (Omaha) and have similar Winter weather. My C 240 was delivered Feb. 5 and we had a bit more snow than usual last Winter so let me help put your mind at ease. If you'll just drive with what I call "Winter sensibility", i.e., to drive at all times remembering that sometimes you must stop quick, like RIGHT NOW!!! you'll do just fine. Your C with it's ESP will beat the socks off of most FWD cars. Just use your head, drive according to conditions, don't spin your wheels (hard to do with traction control), and you wont have any problems. My car was delivered with the Goodyear tires. I've driven better tires but they are good enough that I don't feel any need for Winter tires on this car.

Bubba

"... my friends all drive Porches, I must make AMENDS..." J. Joplin
  • ong2000ong2000 Posts: 19
    I got my C320 tested for the hot weather, and I feel the AC is not as good as my Camry.
    Any comment?? Thanks.
  • husky11husky11 Posts: 53
    steady your manual. The AC should be putting out well if you have the buttons set correctly. If that doesn't work, a trip to the MB service manager is in order. Good luck.
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    Send a fax to:

Mr. Paul G. Juron, General Manager
    Client Assistance Center
    Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC

He will put you in touch with your local Mercedes Benz representative, who is totally empowered to handle all problems with the car, including those with the dealer and their service.

Miki
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    I don't know if you have the 320 or the 240 and if the AC is the same. I keep my climate control on automatic at 72F all the time and it works very well driving in hot parts of my area where the temp does hit 90 - 100F. When the car has been shut for a few hours, it does not take long to cool down. I keep the large triangle air vent on top of the dash open to allow for maximum air, in addition to the individual vents.

Miki
  • dadval1dadval1 Posts: 2
    we have a new C240 which, from the first day has hesitated when going slowly around a turn,
    then feels like it's going to stall. When accelator is pressed hard, it then lurches forward.
    Anybody experiencing anything like this?
  • fuzzofuzzo Posts: 88
    I will do that
  • dvancaodvancao Posts: 13
    I got my C240 two weeks ago, with @1K miles on it now.
    No problems except for the exit feature. It's when I get in, the seat does not move forward enough to my original setting. One small chip on the hood and someone scratched the underside of the driver's side rear mirror. I have not checked the distortion of the windshield yet.
    This morning, I made the ASR come on while doing a left hand turn. Love the car!

Dat.
    Your symptoms have indeed cropped up here before; you may need to go back at least a month for the proper posting, but there seems to be a problem with the electronic throttle, for which there may be a known fix. Go back and read forward, and then get yourself to the dealer...
    Your "problem" may be the benchmark you are using: Toyota makes the best, coldest, most powerful AC in the business, across the board from the least expensive model up to the Lexus LS.

None of the Germans can compare; VW is particularly weak in this area, but neither MB nor BMW have systems as powerful as Toyota. That doesn't mean there might not be something wrong with your car, but it is possible it is doing all it was designed to do...
  • matthew23matthew23 Posts: 11
    Well, the dealer just called to let me know that my new C320 finally arrived, and I'm looking forward to taking delivery. I do have one nagging question though, for all those who may have leased. What kind of money factor did you get? The one they are quoting me seems kinda high, given my creditworthiness, especially when compared to finance rates. Given that it's the end of the month, and I'm sure they'd like to book this deal before Saturday, I'm willing to beat on the dealership a little bit, but only if I have good cause to do so. Hence the inquiry. Would appreciate any responses.
  • mleskovarmleskovar Posts: 171
    Several posts with this symptom but not after turning that I can remember. Just sitting idling and the engine starts to die then revs up on its own and car lurches forward. Fuel pump was the culprit. It stops delivering enough fuel for smooth idle, the computer senses it and compensates by telling pump to increase output, but it has a problem complying, so the computer tells it to increase even more, then it complies all at once with too much fuel. My interpretation, I'm not a professional mechanic.
  • benz747benz747 Posts: 91
    this post is for 2002 C 240s, I just spoke with my dealer and as per him my C 240 was built on 12th June and on docks will be on 28th June and I should get her on Mid July, however MB has not released any price information on 2002 yet and they are expected to hear from MB in early July

thanks for everyone for valuable contributions
  • benz747benz747 Posts: 91
    let me know how I can upload pictures, I have three FUTURE MB insight views I got from my friend
  • hensleyhensley Posts: 4
    I appreciate the snow feedback. I always take my time when there is snow around so now I have no worries. THANKS.
  • cartesiocartesio Posts: 36
    Go to www.mbusa.com then enter the site. Under "Owners Online," there is a "contact us" selection. Good luck.

Host: Why doesn't THIS site recognize the Tab key or the space bar???
This discussion has been closed.