Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nw1997nw1997 Posts: 227
    Evan,

Thanks for the reply. We are expecting to get our vehicle in mid December. Do you know where we can obatin such a coupon for loyal customers? We reside in the New York area.

Thanks
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I didnt know you've owned other Toyotas- which ones? For some reason I was under the impression that your Catalina Blue SE V6 was going to be your first Toyota.

Anyway- I would imagine that calling Toyota's Customer Assistance Center, 800-331-4331, and inquiring about the availability of any loyalty certificates.

~alpha
    Alpha01,

The Toyota vehicles that I have owned are:
    1984 Supra
    1987 Cressida
    1994 Camry
    2000 RX300 (Lease)
  • If it helps, the loyalty certificate was only valid for NY/NJ/CT toyota dealers. I tried up in Mass but they couldnt take it.
    Emarks1 and Alpha01,

I have contacted Toyota of California and they said that they would have the regional Toyota contact me. They claimed that it is the regional Toyota (for NY, NJ, CT)that sends these certificates out and they are aware of them. I am just hoping I can obtain a certificate/coupon before I accept delievery of our vehicle. Emarks1, did the dealer actually have to have this ceritificate on hand from you? or could they give you the discount and then obtain the funds from Toyota later so that they get reimburst? Did the certificate have your name on it or could anyone just have utilized it?
    Alph01 and Emarks1,

Emarks1, I just spoke with my dealership and they stated that the certificate was only good from 11-21-03 to 12-01-03. Is this information correct? When did you take delievery of your vehicle? My dealership claimed that there might be another special like that during the Christmas time, but he is not sure.
  • riferife Posts: 8
    My '04 Camry LE stickered for 20,574. I paid 19,084.87. This was the invoice price including the dealer advertising charge that they put in there. For one weekend only Toyota offered 0% for 60 months in the Cincinnati/ Dayton, OH market, so I was able to take advantage of that too. Voss Toyota in Beavercreek, OH was great to work with and their service department is good too.
    I'm curious- and certainly not criticizing your decision- but why did you skip on ABS?

~alpha
  • The certificate was good from 11-21 thru 21-1. I took delivery on 11-29. I had to hand the physical certificate in in order to get the discount. It had my name on it and was only transferrable to immediate family members (spouse/kids).

And Antilock brakes came with my XLE...
    ABS is standard on All V6 and XLE 4 cylinder Camrys. My question was to a different poster.

~alpha
    The only ones in stock with ABS had other options that I didn't need such as sunroof.
  • "The only ones in stock with ABS had other options that I didn't need such as sunroof."

Not a jab on anyone, but I do not understand the above statement. I never go to a dealer's lot to buy just what they have available. I have never looked for a car that the dealer had exactly the options that I wanted in the color I wanted. Not even in the region, so they could not do a dealer swap. I only go to the dealer to test drive a similar model. Then once I decide on what I want and the price, I have the dealer order the car. I have done this with my last two cars. Nothing is more annoying than knowing exacty what you want and then trying to be sold something that you do not want. maybe if I bought a Honda or Acura, this would be different because of the way that they do trim levels as opposed to individual options.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914
    A tv reporter is looking to interview a recent carbuyer who had to sign an arbitration contract at the dealership. Please respond to jackie.sobie@newpronet.com or jfallon@edmunds.com by 12/12/03 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I just spoke to Troy at Toyota of Greenfield.

$870 was for the 7/100 platinum extended warranty
    I would have to agree with you, unless dealers are very sparse (certainly not the case in central/northern NJ, with the greatest pop density of any area in the country..LOL)

Even without ABS, I'm sure you'll be happy with you new Camry, rife, please give us updates as the miles roll on. Congrats! What color did you choose?

~alpha
  • Actually mine has ABS since it has the V6 engine. I bought the car at the end of March for just under $22K + tax, title etc. Since I wanted the V6 engine and keep the price reasonably low I had to skimp on some of the accessories and safety options. No leather seats, VSC or side curtain airbags. The color of my car is silver (Toyota calls it "Lunar Metallic Mist" I think). So far the car has just under 7000 miles on the odometer. It is sooooo smoooooth and quiet. The power and torque is more than enough for me. Much much quicker than my 92 4 cylinder LE. It almost feels like a mini LS430 (no kidding). I am very satisfied (so far).
    I incorrectly referenced you in my last post, I meant masspectator, who commented on not confining a vehicle search to only one dealership.

In my subsequent statement, if you read over my last post you will catch that I was directing congratulations to rife, the new Camry owner who recently posted his/her deal in this forum.

But thanks for your info again anyway! Its always good to hear from satisfied owners!

~alpha
  • I am in SET region. I think what killed it for my camry was I wanted an xle with the premium pkg, not the premium plus pkg. SET only orders xle's with premium plus in my region and dealers in SET do not swap outside of the region. I did not see paying the xtra $700 for the sunroof that I would hardly ever use. I also wanted side airbags and heated seats, a little rare in my area. When i placed my order the salesman said he had worked there 6 years and only done 3 special orders.

Leave it to me. Buying a sable and a camry and cannot find one on a lot in the SE that I am happy with. However, in the long run I am very happy with both of the cars because I got just what i wanted and did not pay for stuff I did not want.
    I agree that if you have something you want in mind a dealer exchange is in order. The 60 mos at 0% was a big selling point to me and was available that weekend only in the Dayton/ Cincinnati region. 60 mos at 0% is unheard of on a Toyota in my opinion. So I decided on the car without ABS. I shopped on a Sun afternoon and there was no time to search for others. I'm very happy with it. I went with Sand Mica. I think the dealer may have made a mistake and given me a Lexus instead of a Camry. This car is so smooth and quite, it's unbelievable.
  • "I think the dealer may have made a mistake and given me a Lexus instead of a Camry. This car is so smooth and quite, it's unbelievable. "

I agree! Look at the additional luxury features of the xle and what you said really rings true. Glad you like your car. I wasn't able to get 0%, but I got 1K rebate and 2.9% for 60 months. I was very pleased with this deal. I am working on paying xtra each month to pay the car off early and minimize the interest paid.
    I am assuming you went through Toyota Financial Services. If you are paying extra each month in your bill, you may want to make sure that your extra payment is going towards the loan pricipal. When my parents were interested in paying down their loan, I called TFS and was told that paying more each month would pre-pay the account, but not reduce the principal. I was given a separate address for which to send a check clearly labeled "For Payment to Principal", which saves a good deal in interest as compared to prepaying your account.

~alpha
  • my loan is with bank of america, not tfs. At the time you could get a low rate like 0% for 36 or 1K rebate. i took rebate since the 60 month tfs was 2.9 like I got with bank of america. the only reason to go with the tfs loan was if i had wanted the 0% for 36 months, but that was too high of a payment. But you are right, I will check with the bank to make sure it is going to principle.
  • I just recently bought an 04 LE with ABS. I got it for $16,874 ($4,000 under MSRP) and 1.9% financing for 4 years. I'm really happy with the deal and even happier with the car!
    Wow, that's a great price you paid. I've never heard of $2K below invoice on a Toyota. Was it a demo?
    Where are you located, what dealership did you use, who offered you the 1.9% for 4 years, what is the MSRP, what color did you get.... and most importantly... HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR NEW CAMRY!!!

~alpha
    Alpha01,

The dealership could not keep their word on our order. Vehicle suppose to be arriving before holidays, they cannot confirm this. We got our deposit back. We could no longer wait, so we went yesterday evening an put a down payment on an 04 Accord EX V6 w/navigation, they threw in mudguards and wheel locks. Dealer is tracking one down for us, should be able to pick up vehicle on Saturday. If you would like further info. such as dealer names Toyota or Honda and detailed experience you can reach me at nw1997@hotmail.com.
    Did you try another Toyota dealership? I will be emailing you, though really, you should post the name of the dishonest dealership RIGHT HERE. Its not against TownHall agreements, and would be a service to the rest of us. I'm sure you will be very happy with the Accord, though I know you had your heart set on the Camry SE V6, which is bit more rare than the Accord, and shines in areas where the Accord does not. You should also call 800.331.4331, Toyotas customer assistance center, and let them know that, as a result of how poorly you were treated by this dealship, you were forced to get an Accord, and that Toyota lost a loyal customer FOR GOOD. Explain to them everything- about how you had a deposit on the car, waited for months, etc. You never know what might come of it.

Best wishes,
    Alpha
  • I just bought a new Camry in Ontario, Canada. When I was picking up the car, I noticed a 2"x1" scratch (down to the metal) on the rocker panel under the front passenger door. They assured me that it will be good as new after the repaint it.
    I really want a new undamaged car. Does anyone know if I can force them to give me a different car? I did sign some papers including the ownership. Note that I haven't really taken possession of the car (they gave me a rental).

Thanks in advance.
  • i believe dealer still need an other signature from you upon delivery of the vehicle, are they forcing you to sign it???
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    If I were you I wouldn't accept that severe damage. If you want another car of the same color and dealer agrees, write down the VIN. They may re-plain it and say OK here's another new one check it out.

Repaint could be almost the same as brand new, and could be not as good. I bought a new 94 Nissan Altima with a little paint off the door frame trim piece, black colored. They painted it and looked just fine. After a few years, the repaint area had many lines of tiny cracks, although no peeling off, but the other door with original paint had none.