Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    99solara99solara Member Posts: 51
    where do you monitor auction prices? Can I see this on the internet?
  • Options
    dae928dae928 Member Posts: 22
    I talked to two dealerships Lisle and Fields in Glencoe. Haven't made the decision yet, but will be making one soon.
  • Options
    redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    New cars at an auction? The only way I can see this ever happening is with a dealership closing and selling the cars to the auction house at a discount (so as to payoff any outstanding debts) or to simply liquidate to get cash on hand to manage their operating costs. Again, it would have to be very dire circumstances to see NEW cars at an auction. In other words, highly unlikely.

As for holdbacks, they do exist - even after dealer selldown, and manufacturer to buyer cash incentives. The holdback on the M45 I just took delivery on had a holdback that was over $500.
  • Options
    BillyKincaidBillyKincaid Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on a 2008 G35x AWD Sedan? If not, how much better can I do?

selling price of $33,995
    wheel locks 89
    tax 2,385.88
    mv(4 yr) 350
    doc fee 289
    tire tax 7.50

total $37,116.38

60 mos at .9% would be $632.35
    also you get the rebate for $320 for your last payment.
  • Options
    sphlsphl Member Posts: 7
    Hi, mosho, which dealership did you get the deal from? Local dealership in seattle area is willing to go $5k below MSRP w/o haggling but your deal is much better.

Thanks!
  • Options
    rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    Its hard to say from the description, but if you are buying the base G35X with just wheel Locks, taking advantage of the .9 percent financing then it should look something like this. If not taking advantage of the .9 percent financing it should be 3k lower.

Invoice 32,769.00
    cash to dealer - 1,000.00
    Your cost 31,769.00

Your cost 31769 without any additional hold back which most people have been able to get at least another couple hundred dollars then add in your local taxes and fees.

I bought my G35x with Premium/Nav/Splash Guards/Cargo Net/Wheels Locks
    for 35101 with the .9 60 month financing 3 weeks ago.List was 40,230
  • Options
    BillyKincaidBillyKincaid Member Posts: 2
    Rhard, THanks so much for the input! The deal I stated above was for the premium (but no nav) (which I failed to state). So if you figure the premium adds an extra (what....$1,500?) that gets me to the around 33K or so (and yes, it is with the .9 financing). I don't know how much extra the nav/splash/cargo is, but it would seem to me that my deal is at least close to yours given its a premium. Is that how you see it? (Thanks again...)
  • Options
    Looks pretty good, if you take the Edmunds TMV and look up invoice with Premium invoice is 34,751 -minus the 1,000 Dealer cash equal 33,751 and another 150-200 bucks we have all been able to get you should end up at 33,500-33,750 with the .9 financing and the wheel locks for free, than add the local tax's and fee's Good Luck
  • Options
    wetechwetech Member Posts: 5
    Picking up tomorrow morning a '08 G35x with Premium/Splash/Cargo net. $29995 for cash purchase in Long Island. $31,860 OTD w/tax.
  • Options
    which dealer on LI
  • Options
    Legacy Infiniti.
  • Options
    what county do you live in that tax rate is like 6%
  • Options
    it was out of state. I live in CT, which is 6%
  • Options
    msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Most of the posts in this thread are about the G35 sedan. Is there any thoughts and/or experience regarding pricing on the G37 coupe? Any deals out there?
  • Options
    pringles41pringles41 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I got my G35x with prem, tech and Navi for $32,800 in NY Manhasset. (if you deal with a lady manager leave and come back when shes not working, shes not willing to work with you) You can probabaly get it for 32,500 (maybe). $32,800 is PRE-TAX and tire fee, and the other state fees(the stuff u can't avoid). (NO DEALER FEE and destination crap) I'm sorry i wont be responding so i'll just give you all the info i have. IF YOU GO TO MANHASSET and they say Legacy charges you fees and other crap.... TALK TO LEGACY first about it. And you make a deal with whoever of course gives you the better price. If you do go to Legacy go to a guy named "Mike" hes great, hopefully he made his sale quota and is still there... if you get him tell him James said Hi.
  • Options
    amoviefan1amoviefan1 Member Posts: 24
    I'd like to buy (not lease) a new 2008 G35X sedan with Premium package, NAVI and wood trim (NO sport package). Sticker price is about $40,500.

Is it possible to get for $32,500 plus tax, title and license in the Chicagoland area withOUT getting the special 0.9% financing for 5 years?
    I'm guessing that, with good credit, $8000 off the sticker ends up as a lower monthly payment than 0.9% for 5 years.

What kind of deals have you been getting for a G35X sedan with this equipment (withOUT tax, title, license included)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Options
    syezrilsyezril Member Posts: 2
    Last month I took delivery of 2009 Infiniti G37x Coupe AWD with Premium and Navigation packages for $42,135 + TTL. MSRP was $44,775. Holman Infiniti of Maple Shade in NJ gave me 3.9%financing for 36 months.
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Figure invoice minus $4000 to $4500
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    dannyben33dannyben33 Member Posts: 8
    So I went into the local Infiniti dealer this evening and in the corner of the showroom they had a brand new, sticker still on, 2007 G35 sedan in red. Apparently the sales manager claimed they were sold and then stashed them away. He got fired and they did an audit and found a bunch of cars. Any ideas on how much I should offer for something like that? They already went to 10k off of 35k without much negotiating.
  • Options
    redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    Lowball the heck out of it... it's gonna be 2 years old (in every layman's perception) when they see it as a 2007 this coming 1/1/2009. The dealer is going to have to give it away... especially where there are 2008 and 2009 models in the market right now.

Do blue book research on the vehicle.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    They already went to 10k off of 35k without much negotiating.

Well, at 25K, it's way cheaper than the new Maxima already. If you're going to keep the car 5 years or longer, the diff. in value b/w '07 and '08 is minimal. BTW, I'm not even sure you can get much better deal even if you try to get a USED '07.
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    I agree --- it's already a steal at that price if you plan to keep it more than a year or two! Anything additional off, like oil changes for a year, satellite radio, is cake!

BTW, DO THEY HAVE ANY MORE!!! And if so what dealership is this??
  • Options
    playraini11playraini11 Member Posts: 2
    I have budget as $15000

I was looking for 2004 2005 2006 cars. and about 30k to 50k mile cars.

Do you guys think this is possible???

I need some recomendations about this... I am in upstate NY so need to have AWD.

Help me!!
  • Options
    LoganIanLoganIan Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,

Does anyone think the current offers form Infiniti will be extended past 5 Jan? Or maybe they'll offer .9% and $3000 cash back since everyone is hurting now?
    Thanks
  • Options
    jonnixojonnixo Member Posts: 4
    yes you can. i think $15000 for used 05ish with 40-50k is very reasonable. why dont u look for it on websites sells used car.
  • Options
    jonnixojonnixo Member Posts: 4
    i dun see why not, there are still 100's of 08 infiniti's around to be soldm. so in my opinion they will be back until they sell 08's off ...until then they will have offer's or maybe better..something like incentive with special financing. beside there incentive is only covering of depreciation to 08's model compare to 09, i dun think u r saving that much. as soon as u buy them u will lose extra savings u thought u had until 3-4yrs down the road to see if u had build any equity in ur car. but like i said they really need to keep the special financing or the incentives until they sell all there left overs until there 09 fills up the dealer's lot
  • Options
    I got my G35x configured same as your minus wood for 35101 with the .9 precent if you don;t take the .9 they should give you the 3k additional which is 32101 and I believe wood is $430 so it certainly looks like its doable. Good Luck
  • Options
    jmcmannisjmcmannis Member Posts: 39
    I was just checking out the G35X last night. I went in to look at the EX35 but didn't care for it and the G35X caught my eye. Judging from what others are paying I still have some work to do. MSRP is 40,230 (Premium + Nav) and they took $2500 off for a sale price of $37,730. I was looking at a 39mo lease which was $503.21 with $3000 down.
  • Options
    I would suggest you take a look in the G35 leasing forum here is and example of your exact car.

2008 G35x (prem. ,nav. , wood trim, splash guard, cargo net)
    MSRP: $40,680
    sell price: $35,680
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00119
    39 month
    $468 month ( with tax, title fees rolled in)
    $468 due at signing
  • Options
    jake91jake91 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am looking into getting 2008 G35 Journey (Red) with Premium Pkg, Navigation Pkg, Performance Tire and Wheel and Painted Splash guards. The TMV on this site showing as $34000. Do you all think, I could get the .9% for 5 years with with this price? And also, this a good price?
  • Options
    I would look at the edmunds TMV pricing take invoice and minus 1k for the cash to dealer rebate, This should end up around 5k off of list, which is where most of us ended up with who used the .9 percent financing I think my deal was 5129 off list and the .9 Its a fun car but the mileage does suck if you do not have a decent mix of city/hwy miles.
  • Options
    rogerthat_101rogerthat_101 Member Posts: 17
    just received a quote, is this a good deal

infiniti G35xsport w/nav, tech, prem, & sport package (includes molding)

39 MONTH/15K MILES PER YEAR
    $492 PER MONTH WITH $1151 DUE AT SIGNING PLUS MV tax and bank fee rolled into the payment
    Residual 53% for 15k miles per year.
    Money Factor is 1.19

any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    slimdudeslimdude Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone,I need a lot of help and have a few question's as well.I'm looking into buying an 08 G35x with premium pkg only.On this site the listed invoice is about 34,600.What is a fair offer on this car taking into account dealer holdback and my biggest concern being the depreciation factor of a vehicle being a year old.I could also use some input on the all-season tire's that are on the vehicle.Is it necessary to also purchase a nice set of blizzak's or is that a total waste of money.I live in Wisconsin where there is plenty of snow.What cost is added when a vehicle has to be located,i'm rather picky with my color combinations as well.Any and all help is greatly appreciated,and thank's in advance for all reply's.
  • Options
    trueliestruelies Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys,
    Hope you all have a nice holiday. I negotiated with the dealership today and they asked for 31K OTD (28768+TTL) for a new 08 G35 journey + Premium package and won't go any lower. Can't have 0 APR for this price and they will have to relocate the car from other dealerships.
    Do you think this is a good price?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    dmarty1dmarty1 Member Posts: 11
    I need help..42K for a g37s...AWS PREM NAV TECH LOADED WITH EVERYTHING. TRUNK MAT AND NET- COLORED MUD FLAPS-KICKPLATES THAT LIGHT. This is before Tax but includes temp permit. Also rear spoiler...Car listed for 46.1K. Car is an 08. I thought with the 7 speed auto and the AWD coming now to the dealers I could do better than this... Feedback please this price is good for7 days. Snowed in in Minnesota, Thank You

Navsu
  • Options
    Clcik on newcars at the top of this forum and go to infinity and get the edmunds tmv and invoice for the car exactly as equipped. You should be able to get at least invoice -minus the 1k cash or slightly better if you use the special financing if not there should be an additional 3 k availible off the invoice. People have averaged slightly over 5k with special financing slightly over 8k without. There are calulators on sites like bankrate.com which will compare which is more favorable, additional cash vs low financing. mine was 121 dollars cheaper over 5 years to use low financing. There are many examples of this if you read some of the posts. Enjoy
  • Options
    blnewtoblnewto Member Posts: 146
    "I would look at the edmunds TMV pricing take invoice and minus 1k for the cash to dealer rebate, This should end up around 5k off of list, which is where most of us ended up with who used the .9 percent financing I think my deal was 5129 off list and the .9 Its a fun car but the mileage does suck if you do not have a decent mix of city/hwy miles."

306hp won't typically give you gas-sippin' mileage, I get 26-28hwy and around 19 in town, and for the [non-permissible content removed]-kickin acceleration it's very much money well spent IMO.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm hoping mine rises as it breaks in. the first 500-600 miles I averaged about 18-19 at 1200 miles I'm averaging about 15 with not a lot of sprited driving still respecting the breakin period.
  • Options
    dmarty1dmarty1 Member Posts: 11
    The TMV price on the G37sportcoupe is 42,164... The dealer is talking about41,8 plus some $50 fee's for geting me the MSO & $39/3 day temp permit. With this car being 1 year old in a couple of days I thought this price was a little high for a cash deal with no trade. Its Not like there are a lot of people out there looking to throw $40,000 plus at them for this car... Am I being unreasonable?

Dmarty1
  • Options
    hydesmilehydesmile Member Posts: 7
    I really want an AWD car, but I am in GA where they don't really sell G35x here. Would it be really crazy to drive to say like VA to buy the car and drive back, or is there a way to get the car delivery w/o paying a high premium? Any info will help. Thanks!
  • Options
    Well, I guess I got an OK deal but not a GREAT deal. My disadvantage was that, the dealership in my city didn't have a car with all the options I wanted with the right color. Even now, it is not my first choice of color. I wanted the Garnet Ember with black interior; Prem., Navi, Tire and Wheel but they couldn't find anything in a reasonable distance. So, I ended up getting the Ivory Pearl with Wheat interior; Prem., Navi, Wood, Tire and Wheel, Splash guards, Tinted windows, Wheel Locks, Nitro Air, Door Edge guards for $33,000 OTD. I didn't get the .9% financing so, I am having to find a loan from my local bank. I think I could have knocked down another $500 if the car was locally available.
  • Options
    Hydesmile, call me crazy but I paid almost $800 more for G35 Journey since I couldn't find the right color with all the options I wanted. Even now, it is not my first choice of color. I am in Oklahoma and they are bringing the car from SC on a trailer.

My thinking was that, I am getting a very expensive car and if I am not getting something I like then I will always regret about it so.....I wouldn't say you are crazy if you drive to VA and drive back with something you really want.

But, may I say if you don't get lot of snow where you live, I wouldn't get a AWD; that is one reason you can't find an AWD in GA.
  • Options
    WildcatFanWildcatFan Member Posts: 5
    there are several G35x's in Lexington Ky. I just bought one there and love it.

AWD is great not just for the snow. The car is a rocket and the AWD really shines in the wet. I'm more impressed with the acceleration and lack of wheel spin on wet pavement that I thought I would be....

Check the Glenn Automall site. Call and ask for Cy Dicken. He is a fraternity Brother of mine and i'm sure he will give you a very competitive price. Delivery is not that much if you are really saving money. you can get a cheap filght on Southwest for $39.00 to Louisville or Delta to Lexington--- for not much more 1 way. I'm sure Cy would pick you up at the airport.

Good luck-I'd gladly travel to Atlanta or somewhere within 5 to 6 hours to get the exact car i wanted. But that is my .02 worth--- i drive cars into the ground and could not live with a 2nd best choice for the money and availability of a car within reason.

The G35 is a great car---love mine more every day!
  • Options
    hydesmilehydesmile Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind telling me how much you pay for the G35x? I will research on it too.
  • Options
    WildcatFanWildcatFan Member Posts: 5
    33,900. sticker was just shy of 42,000.00 for 2008 g35xsport awd-basically every option that is available.
  • Options
    csloan9999csloan9999 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up my new 2008 G37 Journey today in NJ/MD area for $33,440 plus TTL (MSRP = $39,725, TMV = $36,525). This is the exterior/interior combo I wanted with just the premium package and I was really excited to find it. I'm pretty sure I got a steal too -- after much searching, the next best quote I could find was $34,500. FYI, my price included the $1000 dealer incentive (I purchased the car outright), and also $500 in Infiniti loyalty discounts. I almost paid $37,000 for this exact configuration last month...very glad I waited til the last minute! These end of year savings are great.
  • Options
    txvinyl1txvinyl1 Member Posts: 14
    Was this G37 a demo? Did you use the 0.9%APR? Also, did you have to pay for extras like tint or wheel locks? Thanks.
  • Options
    nexyajanexyaja Member Posts: 7
    I am getting G35X quotes for around $7500 under list in New England area. A G35X (MSRP 40800) with Nav, Prem and wood trim for around $33150 plus TTL. For a lease (39 month, 15k per yr) the purchase price jumps to $36000, with MF of 0.00119 and Residual of 53% and monthly payments of $453 (including Tax) with $1500 due at signing.
  • Options
    If pushed, based on whats been seen on this board you should be seeing a little over 8100 off list on this car if you don;t use the .9 or zero financing mine was 5129 off list using the .9 percent with another 3k off if I arranged other financing or paid cash.
  • Options
    csloan9999csloan9999 Member Posts: 4
    It was not a demo, but it did have 180 miles on it. I purchased the car in full, so I did not use the .9% financing. The car is not tinted, and I didn't have to pay anything extra for wheel locks. I only paid a $200 processing fee + TTL on top of the price of the car...