Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW X3

1596061626365»

Comments

• Options
    transpowertranspower Member Posts: 213
    Europe has a Diesel version of the BMW X3 which gets 54 mpg on the lenient European cycle, which means it might get something like 36 mpg on the American cycle. I've searched the Web to see if there is any information on getting the Diesel here, but to no avail. Does anyone know?
  • Options
    wrh47wrh47 Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 BMW X3 with 59,000 miles sheared all 4 motor mount bolts in normal street driving. BMW said “tough luck”. A quick internet search indicated this was not an isolated incident, many other relatively low mileage BMW’s have had sheared motor mount bolts.
    I believe this problem to be a serious safety issue and filed a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. I encourage others that have had similar problems to file NHTSA complaints at the following website:
    safercar.gov/
    Click the “REPORT A VEHICLE OR CHILD SEAT DEFECT” Tab and submit your complaint. If there are enough complaints, BMW will, hopefully, be forced to acknowledge this problem and issue a safety recall.
  • Options
    ang33iefang33ief Member Posts: 63
    I read that this vehicle if let sit for a few days will not start. I was interested in one but the posts here have made me wonder about this. For a vehicle costing this much, it's hard to believe. I contacted BMW and asked if it was so. I was told it was possible.
  • Options
    above5280above5280 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    :shades: I recently purchased a 2006 X3 and the only complaint that I have is that the bluetooth - hands-free device gives terrible reception. I have been told that it is due to the incompatibility of the older bluetooth technology and my Iphone. Has anyone had and addressed this problem successfully?