Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Luxury Lounge

Comments

• Options
    louisweilouiswei Member Posts: 3,715
    Are the v6's you referred to actually quicker than the BMW i6?

In quicker do you mean more powerful? Because I failed to see how can one engine to be "quicker" than another.

The only BMW naturally aspirated I6 that's more powerful than the class-leading V6s is the 3.2L I6 used on the M roadster and E46 M3. However, that engine has never been utilized on mainstream cars, I am sure there are good reasons for that but production cost is probably one of them.

I am sure if BMW wants to make a 3.5L I6 it could probably match other same displacement V6s in terms of performance but that could be too big for cars like the 1 and 3-series.
  • Options
    kansashickkansashick Member Posts: 39
    As one who drives an Aston Martin and has a Lexus LF-A on order, I would strongly argue that Lexus will belong on the list of exotic manufacturers, once they LF-A is actually launched. Also, since I am 250 miles from my Aston dealer, I must say that the wide availability of service for a Lexus was a big selling point in getting me to pull the trigger on the LF-A. I have to call a hauler and send my car off everytime it needs service, which has been relatively infrequently for an exotic.
  • Options
    kansashickkansashick Member Posts: 39
    "But when I think of a Timex I dont think of an Audi R8. I would personally prefer a Audi R8 over a Aston Martin DBS because I can get an exotic drive without the highly exotic services."

My Aston Martin dealer charges the same hourly rates as my Jeep dealer and their mechanics are quite a bit better. It is true that parts for Astons are expensive but so are Porsche parts, as I learned when I paid $1200 for an air conditioning line. :mad:
  • Options
    jlbljlbl Member Posts: 1,333
    As one who drives an Aston Martin…

I can only say I am envious of your driving the Aston Martin. The possibility of driving a Lexus would not excite me as much, I am afraid. :)

Regards,
    Jose
  • Options
    The possibility of driving a Lexus would not excite me as much, I am afraid.

True.

Except the IS-F and LF-A (or the GT-F).
  • Options
    Except the IS-F and LF-A (or the GT-F).

On a second thought… I feel I could get excited with any of those three but in particular with the LF-A. On the adds she looks like a nice combination of power and styling. We are not so used with those Lexuses at this side of the pond. ;)

Regards,
    Jose
  • Options
    We are not so used with those Lexuses at this side of the pond.

As matter of fact, nobody is used to with those Lexuses at any side of the pond(s).

Those F cars are definitely a whole new breed of Lexus, especially the LF-A.

By the way, LF-A and GT-F are going to be the same car as LF-A is currently the code name while under development and the production model is likely to be called GT-F.
  • Options
    By the way, LF-A and GT-F are going to be the same car as LF-A is currently the code name while under development and the production model is likely to be called GT-F.

Oh, thanks for your comment. LF-A and GT-F front ends looked as different from one another in the pictures I had seen.

Regards,
    Jose
  • Options
    bristol2bristol2 Member Posts: 736
    I second that, I would trade more than a pound of flesh for an Aston martin...
  • Options
    bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Years ago, I met my new manager and he told me it was raining, He then added that the rain didn’t slow the cars down though. I’ve seen plenty of rain and the cars have slowed down, a little. However, they are not more sensible.. I am not the cautious type but even I would have to think twice about driving a sports-car in the wet weather. Not so some others and one of the best sights of the week was a porsche 911 stuck in the middle of a huge puddle with water up to the doors going down like the Titanic :blush: . He’d obviously tried to go through the puddle and the water had conked him out.

The floating Porsche aside, cars have come on leaps and bounds in terms of safe driving, especially in the wet. Years ago when it rained every BMW owner would shudder at the thought of driving to work as those older BMWs loved to throw their rear ends out at any given chance. Today the accidents tend to be more human error than mechanical. Last time it rained I was testing the BMW 335i Coupe and that stuck to the road like glue. When the rains came this week I happened to be testing a Range Rover Sport and, like a kid with his wellies on, I ram-raided every puddle I could find.
  • Options
    andoverandover Member Posts: 5
    blckislandguy:
    Thank you for the feedback. The price is 30 thousand. I can buy a 4 year unlimited mileage warranty on the car. MB dealer, Ray Catena in NJ cheked the car out for me, Found the car extremely clean with no major issues. It has the original battery, it does not need tires or breaks, it is missing navigation cd, it is missing key less go key, SC needs recharge, motor mounts need to be replaced. The color combination and how clean the car is on the inside and outside as well as the price is what got our attention. We drove the car and we were impressed with how it handled and the comfort of the cabin. I am waitng for more feedback and my wife and I are looking at all our options and reviewing our concerns. This will be our first S class MB. We own an e320 4matic wagon. It is a 1998 and it still has the original battery. We have had absolutely no problems with our wagon. The wagon has 207 thousand miles and it still drives like new! what are your thoughts/ advice now that you know more? Thank you very much!
  • Options
    esfesf Member Posts: 1,020
    Additions to the list:

Saturn Sky Red Line
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Nissan 350Z
    Lexus IS250 X Package
    Pontiac G8
    Dodge Charger SRT-8

Sorry if any of these were already mentioned... didn't bother to check the replies.

My personal favorites, and the cars I'd buy:

Audi A3
    Audi S4
    Audi RS4
    Audi RS6
    Porsche Cayman/S
    Porsche Carrera/S
    BMW 135i
    BMW 335i
    BMW M3
    VW R32/GTI
    Merc C63 AMG
    Infiniti G37
    Jaguar XF SV8
    Jaguar XKR
    Lexus IS-F
    Cadillac CTS-V

So basically, half of them, LOL...

'08 BMW X5 4.8i • '06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
  • Options
    Just about everything I've read on the car says that its platform mates, the Euro Focus and Mazda3, are infinitely better to drive. The Volvo is supposedly the dull one.

+1

His GTI and my A3 are also far, far better...

The Volvo C30 is officially a hairdresser's car.

'08 BMW X5 4.8i • '06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet
  • Options
    Get a 2005 Audi A8L instead. I say this not as an Audi fanboy, but as a concerned blogger. The "Frenz don't let frenz drive a Benz" phrase was still in use in 2005, I'm afraid. If you don't want to dump $100K on an S550, try to avoid the last-gen model.

Pros of the A8L?

+Better to drive
    +Better interior
    +Worse depreciation (better for you)
    +Ageless style (2005 S-Class is looking dated, A8L is not)
    +Better reliability (by 2005, A8's problems were sorted out... S-Class's were not)

Go with your gut, though. You said you haven't had problems with the E320? Well, you never know, you could be lucky with the S500. I would try on the A8 first, however.

'08 BMW X5 4.8i • '06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet
  • Options
    blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Sure the 9-5 can be as boring as the faculty meetings they tend to be parked outside of. But an Aero with a stick shift and factory BBS wheels is a different ketle of fish.

Sure the S60R had issues, but I was thinking of the V70 R wagon. Plain jane exterior, 300 hp, AWD, stick shift etc. and little money.
  • Options
    ESF, you forgot to mention the Audi Quatro which will get you home no matter how badly it is snowing and that there are negative points to be accrued to being seen in an S Class by a lot of people (lets start first with your employees).
  • Options
    Kansahick, I'm surprised to hear that you, "as one that drives an Aston Martin" didn't work out with your dealer free pick up on service work. You left money on the table.

Heck, even the M/B dealer in Maine sends his own enclosed trailer for all service work for customers anywhere in New England.
  • Options
    Get a 2005 Audi A8L instead. I say this not as an Audi fanboy, but as a concerned blogger. The "Frenz don't let frenz drive a Benz" phrase was still in use in 2005, I'm afraid. If you don't want to dump $100K on an S550, try to avoid the last-gen model.

Pros of the A8L?

+Better to drive
    +Better interior
    +Worse depreciation (better for you)
    +Ageless style (2005 S-Class is looking dated, A8L is not)
    +Better reliability (by 2005, A8's problems were sorted out... S-Class's were not)

Go with your gut, though. You said you haven't had problems with the E320? Well, you never know, you could be lucky with the S500. I would try on the A8 first, however.

I agree with u the A8 before choosing the big outdated s class.
  • Options
    SHAQIn papers filed for his pending divorce, Shaquille O’Neal stated that he needs at least $2 million a month to live.

O’Neal cashes out $23,000 at gas stations monthly :blush:
  • Options
    tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    LOL!

So warped and twisted.

TM
  • Options
    lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419

I too would either get an A8 or Jag instead. The old S-class just looks.. old. The A8 and Jag are still in production, and basically indistinguishable from new. The old S-class says "I'd like a new S but cant afford one" in a way that something like an LS430 from the same year does not.
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    ...I would trade more than a pound of flesh for an Aston martin...

Well, I have an extra 20 or so pounds of flesh just hanging around that I'd trade for just about anything! :P
  • Options
    The A8 and Jag are still in production, and basically indistinguishable from new

That's because...

A8: Audi is always conservative on its exterior designs so along with the signature roofline, new models don't look all that different from the old ones.

Jag: When's the last time the XJ got a major redesign?

The ones that truly don't look dated in my eyes are the last gen 5-series and GS.
  • Options
    skarieskarie Member Posts: 78
    It looks like Chevrolet’s Corvette isn’t the only model or maker to decide that horsepower figures have reached a good resting point. Mercedes’ AMG head has declared horsepower is “not our main focus,” instead the company will be gathering effort to improve interior and exterior appearance and quality, handling and the rest of the “overall package.”

AMG is currently happy with their power and performance levels relative to the rest of the market, and while the company won’t completely rule out further power advances, it will focus its might on improving efficiency and lowering CO2 emissions. The latter will be of paramount importance if they brand hopes to continue for long in most of the nations that constitute its largest markets, and certainly if it wants to do business in the EU, and increasingly, the U.S.

One of the main changes that may fuel the increase in economy and decrease in emissions: not all AMG models may get unique powerplants. In fact, there’s a good likelihood that AMG models could share engines with the normal Mercedes-Benz cars they are based on, according to Carpoint. An example of what AMG can do when it builds a custom engine, the 63-series engine, which powers the CLS63 AMG among others, is a fire-breathing maniac of automotive excess, producing in excess of 500hp in various trims. Unfortunately, fuel consumption is similarly excessive, clocking in at 16.5L/100km (14.25mpg US) in the combined cycle.

This compares fairly well to cars like Audi’s RS6, which grinds out 573hp from its 5.0L V10 engine. Remember, these are the horsepower figures for family sedans - yet there are supercars that can barely rival such figures. In fact, Audi’s own R8 comes in over 150hp shy of the RS6. Perhaps it really is time to focus on things besides power.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/mercedes-benz/amg-declares-the-horsepower-war- -over/
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    What vehicle(s) are you considering to replace the Mazdaspeed 3 with?... 135i, 335i, RS4, or RS6???

I honestly don't know what I'm going to get. I'm seriously thinking about keeping the Mazdaspeed3 and dropping a stroker M42 into my beloved one owner 318ti Club Sport. Throw in a 4:11 final drive and a six speed and the car should go from 0-60 in under 5.5 seconds. Best of all, at 2700 pounds it feels much more nimble then the E90/92. I'm also tempted to pick up a clean E28 M5. A chip and exhaust mods will net @300 hp at the crank. I ran a 1988 M6 from 1992-1995 so I know what to look for and I can pretty much maintain it myself. Another temptation is an E46 M3 with the Competition(ZCP) Package. If I found one in Imola Red or Interlagos Blue with Xenons, CWP, and NO moonroof I'd probably snap it up- even though it is still a bit too big and heavy for my tastes. The E39 M5 is also a bit porky, but the fabulous V8 covers a multitude of sins... Finally, I looked at a pristine 2002tii as well as a gorgeous Jensen Interceptor, but those two are almost too nice to drive every day.
    As for new cars, there's almost nothing on the market that makes me say "I gotta have it!" I've read that the Evo X and the latest WRX STi have had their rough edges filed off, and if that's truly the case I'm not that interested- especially since I can spend less than $1K on the Mazdaspeed and almost certainly hang with either one on most any road course I know of. I do like the Z4 M Coupe and the Exige, but I still need a usable rear seat for at least five more years. Maybe the Concept tii will see production with a significant weight loss AND an LSD. The new M3 sedan might win me over, but it is going to have to be a really outstanding drive in order for me to consider it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Jag: When's the last time the XJ got a major redesign?

That's the point. For example, when I drive the '05 Vanden Plas (late model with '06 front end), it's nearly indistinguishable from an '06, '07, or even the '08 (which has some minor modifications).

If someone were to purchase an '05 Vanden Plas that is fully equipped like mine (headrest color monitors, navigation, Bluetooth, etc.) they could pick one up for a song, and have a HELC that doesn't look as out-of-date as the previous S-Class.

Older Jags, no matter what the model year, all tend to look gorgeous... genuine classics all-the-way. An old Lexus LS, for example, will never become a classic.

The original point, however, was that when a newer generation emerges with drastic style changes, such as with the S-Class, it tends to make the older generation seem more out-of-date. As a result, the Audi and Jag don't suffer from that situation as much as the S-Class.

TagMan
  • Options
    Well, if I am buying a new car I surely want to have mine be distinguishable than the previous generation(s).

I guess that's why I prefer drastic changes over mild changes when it comes to a major redesign.
  • Options
    The new M3 sedan might win me over, but it is going to have to be a really outstanding drive in order for me to consider it.

Our situations are very similar. Yours is with the MazdaSpeed 3, and mine is with the GTI. (GTI is better... :P ... award-winning engine w/ DSG.) So, I understand how you feel about the MazdaSpeed 3. I have grown to like the GTI a lot, and will miss it when I trade it in on the 135i. But once I'm driving that BMW, I KNOW I will soon forget about the GTI!

Once you drive the new M3, you will feel the superior drive to your Mazda... better than that MazdaSpeed 3 could ever hope to be. You might also want to check out the 135i. As you know, if you are inclined to do so, you can upgrade the 135i or M3 performance with chips (Dinan, perhaps?), and other modifications. I doubt I will do that initially.

BTW, have you ever driven the R32? An AWD, six-cylinder rocket... amazing for the money, IMO.

But the 135i will be one of the best small performance cars out there in a class almost all to itself... and the price won't be all that bad if you don't overload it with options.

Based on your post, sounds like you are quite willing to do more modifications than the average guy. It's kind of funny how far some of us will go to get that driving dynamic we crave. I completely understand it. Sometimes, I really miss that Lotus. It was the biggest pain in the neck (literally, more than you know!!), but it was the best handling car I've ever owned at any price.

TagMan
  • Options
    Well, if I am buying a new car I surely want to have mine be distinguishable than the previous generation(s).

Of course, Lou... but the question was about buying a USED car. In THAT case, it's nice to be in a current design cycle... or have a vehicle that retains a classic appearance no matter what happens to the next generation. :)

TagMan
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    GTI is better... ... award-winning engine w/ DSG

No, the MS3 is better; award winning engine and three pedals... ;)

BTW, have you ever driven the R32? An AWD, six-cylinder rocket... amazing for the money, IMO.

My local VW dealers -particularly their service departments- are worse than useless- to the extent that I simply won't deal with them. The R32 is a nice car though.

Once you drive the new M3, you will feel the superior drive to your Mazda... better than that MazdaSpeed 3 could ever hope to be.

I place a premium on a car's ability to be nimble and "tossable", a trait that continues to endear me to my ti. Will the added power of the new M3 offset the added mass to the extent that it is a more entertaining drive than an E46 M3 ZCP- especially when the ZCP costs significantly less? We'll see... In any case, I can always thrash the ti if I want an involving RWD driving experience; the M Technic suspension and the complete lack of electronic nannies more than compensate for the ti's paucity of horsepower.

You might also want to check out the 135i

That was really my first choice, but the lack of an LSD(not to mention an engine oil dipstick) really puts me off. I'm also disappointed that it isn't that much lighter than the E92. I don't expect Munich to make a LSD standard, but it should at least be available. I would also prefer a five door M Sport model, which is available across the pond.
    I may yet wind up with a nice 993; if my son doesn't like riding in the rear seat he can stay at home... :P

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    True, for the used car buyers that's important.

For me, I am done with buying used cars...
  • Options
    For me, I am done with buying used cars...

Well... that's fine, and I completely understand. There comes a point in life when buying new seems more successful and represents having reached a certain plateau. But never say never. You are young, and you never know when a deal or opportunity might come along on a very special or rare previously-owned vehicle, if you know what I mean.

But again, the original question was regarding a used S-Class Designo edition.

TagMan
  • Options
    The ones that truly don't look dated in my eyes are the last gen 5-series and GS.

Of the whole last gen mid-lux class, I think the best looking car is the A6 2.7T S-line/RS6, followed by the 540i Sport/M5. Considering it dates to '98, that A6 still seems amazingly fresh, both inside and out. The E430 on the other hand appears to come from '85 or so.

The basic shape of the XJ dates back to 1968, and it hasn't changed much since then.
  • Options
    Tagman, nice points. Yet, as one who can recite from memory all the good reasons to buy a lightly used, used car , I find myself drawn more and more to new cars. The reasons? I can order exactly what I want, in the color I want, and have a better buying experience. (Yep, I do like to spec things out.)

Not so incidentally, I'm of the Vietnam generation and now making a few bucks. (I still recall the re-enlistment sergeant back in III Corps advising me to re-enlist because "afterall, you're never going to make more than 15K a year on the outside. Here you have three hots and a cot.") The delta, as Briteness used to say, between a used vehicle and a new vehicle to my exact spec, doesn't feel as large anymore.

Example: My new Silverado to my exact spec was $31K. A three year old, old design truck with none of the features I wanted (leather, side curtain air bags, fully boxed frame, rack & pinion, stability control, etc. etc. etc. ) would have been 20K. The new Cayenne when I bought it was only a little more than a well-whipped X5 driven by every 40 something financial sector wannabe in New England.
  • Options
    Older Jags, no matter what the model year, all tend to look gorgeous... genuine classics all-the-way. An old Lexus LS, for example, will never become a classic.

The LS will never be a classic, but the '04+ cars don't look badly dated like the S does. Also unlike the old S, their rep for quality is spotless, and the NAV interface is basically the same as what's in the LS460. Just buy an '08 DVD and you're good to go.
  • Options
    I recall your Silverado... currently my favorite of ALL the full-size trucks available.

It's been quite a few years since I owned my last full-size truck. At that time, I was convinced Ford was the way to go, and I ordered an F250 HD 4X4.

Today, however, if I was going to buy a truck, I would order a Silverado like you did.

As you pointed out very well when you posted about the truck, you were able to purchase an amazingly well-equipped, versatile, creature-comfy vehicle for barely more than $30. Hard to beat that... and as was also pointed out, you won't be pressed to trade it in all too soon, and it should serve you very well for a long time... which also helps makes the purchase a good one for the long run.

I wish you good luck with it.

TagMan
  • Options
    The LS will never be a classic, but the '04+ cars don't look badly dated like the S does.

Well, absolutely the LS will NEVER be a classic, and I hightly doubt ANY Lexus will be a classic. Mercedes, OTOH, has many classic models, and many Mercedes vehicles tend to age very well, IMO.

I also think that the previous generation S-Class is not likely to go down as one of their better vehicles overall. It never stood out, IMO, the way it should have from the very beginning, so there is little reason to expect it to somehow improve with age.

Too many of the recent Mercedes models, IMO, do not have that "classic" look to them, but I expect that might change with future models, but that is hard to know. Mercedes seemed to have lost its focus to a large degree anyway, and I hope they get back on track. Possibly all due to the years of the Chrysler entanglement?

TagMan
  • Options
    M-B S190, M-B 300 SL (& Jg MKII)… to quote by heart some among my favourites.

Regards,
    Jose
  • Options
    jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Although not a Mercedes fan, I will say this about the latest S-class: it, more than any other premium sedan now on the market, smells like stocks & bonds. To me, it says "I am a member of the ruling class".

I'd love to drive one to my next high school class reunion.
  • Options
    visoviso Member Posts: 14
    Holy Crap! :confuse:
  • Options
    To me, it says "I am a member of the ruling class". very true

I'd love to drive one to my next high school class reunion

Nice 1 ;)

Really is different then others in the market currently,
  • Options
    :) Nice cars.

I remember a fellow offered me his 1965 SL 230 at a ridiculously low price in 1975. I was very young and broke, and there was no way I could afford it at the time. Funny, but I've never forgotten that car.

THAT's what Mercedes is supposed to be about! Lasting impressions. And it's nice to see that you have a few of your own.

TagMan
  • Options
    From it's very first introduction, if you care to check the archives, I have liked the new generation S-Class. It is without a doubt the best in its segment. As good as the Lexus might be with its reliability and its current styling, many years down the road from now, this current generation S-Class will likely still be a standout, and the Lexus LS will begin to look like tomorrow's Avalon.

I apologize if that sounds harsh, but it's likely to be true.

TagMan
  • Options
    the Lexus LS will begin to look like tomorrow's Avalon.

I apologize if that sounds harsh, but it's likely to be true.

possibly when the next generation of LS arrives.
  • Options
    Wow! Regrettably your post may say more about you than the S Class.

I'd rather drive a car to my Class of 1962 reunion that said that I was still an athletic kind of guy, who while I had achieved some success in life, I was still out there swinging. A car that maybe one of the now-available high spirited women might want to go for a ride in. Maybe something like a 997 or XK coupe, a restored MG TD, a Saab 9-3 rag top, etc. etc. In fact, anything except the all-too-transparent basic black S Class.

Now, if I was driving down to Citicorp tommorow AM with a proposal to buy them out lock, stock, 'n barrel, I would indeed want to go in an S Class (although nothing more).
  • Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    As good as the Lexus might be with its reliability and its current styling, many years down the road from now, this current generation S-Class will likely still be a standout, and the Lexus LS will begin to look like tomorrow's Avalon.

I agree that in future years Mercedes could indeed drop by the wayside and take its' place along side some of the other "classics" that are no longer being built. Very perceptive of you.:shades:

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Jlbl posted his favorites MB classics.

Here is mine:

1967 300SEL 6.3

I have desired to own one for such a long time now but will not own one because I dont want the headaches of finding replacement parts for such an old verhicle. I know a Toyota executive who owns three 1966 Toyota Corollas and buys his parts from places as far as Taiwan and Austrailia. Logistics is not an issue for him since he is a Toyota executive but for me to get such old MB parts would be a logistical nightmare.

The description below of a 1967 MB300 SEL 6.3 just proves how good this car is. Over 41 years of new technology since this MB was introduced and still this car sounds incredibly desirable.

As in the 600, Bosch timed-flow fuel injection was used, good for a rousing 250 bhp (DIN) and a solid 369 lbs/ft torque. The result, according to factory figures, was 0-100 kph (62.5 mph) in 6.5 seconds and a top end of 130 mph plus, making this the world's fastest luxury sedan.

Air suspension with built-in self-leveling was exclusive to the 6.3 among Mercedes' "mass-market" models
  • Options
    I agree that in future years Mercedes could indeed drop by the wayside and take its' place along side some of the other "classics" that are no longer being built. Very perceptive of you.

Why do I have the strange feeling that I've been deliberately misquoted? :surprise:

LOL!... Goodness sakes, Houdini, are you still fighting in Vietnam? I must have offended you with the mere idea that there aren't any Lexus classic cars, and probably never will be... while Mercedes vehicles, on the other hand, have often become classics. It's not my fault... that's just the way it is!

... weapons down! ;)

TagMan
  • Options
    Dewey,
    The front end is up there with the very best.

And great specs. WOW! Now THAT's a classic car!

TM
  • Options
    deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    As you know I am no fan of big luxury boats on wheels.

But this 67 MB is one I can easily fall in love with. This is one highly understated classy looking car . I certainly cannot say the same thing about today's big overweight bulbous overcomplex luxury sedans we see nowadays.