Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra

Comments

• pgt7pgt7 Posts: 1
    Torquless little pissy 4cyl!!!!
  • 95ls95ls Posts: 1
    (My first post in this format )
    Just bought a 95 LS, with 78k miles, runs and handles perfect. The only potential problem that I have noticed, is some apparent valve noise coming from the valve cover area right after startup. Noise not there when the motor is hot. PO said the valves were recently adjusted. Could it be the distributer ? Doesn't sound really bad, but I'm concerned . Any experience out there ?
  • ss7ss7 Posts: 3
    Thanks carlady, i checked in edmunds userd cars, but the prob. is that trade-in price seem less for the car and retail price seems little high. So i am thinking that average price between the trade-in and retail should be the price for old acura.
  • mznmzn Posts: 727
    ss7, another idea is to check your local classified for an Acura for your year. If there isn't a wide selection, look for a paper with a larger circulation -- many are available on the web -- and see what the going rate for your area is. Good luck and please, keep us posted!

carlady/host
  • abbaabba Posts: 17
    A few write-ups on the 99 LS said the suspension
    was now firmer for improved handling. Does anybody know if this is true, and if so, what was done? I know 15 inch wheels and a leather steering wheel were added for sure. Thanks.
  • Does anyone know how possible/impossible it is to get a 2000 type-R, with a month or two's notice?
  • I am looking to buy either a 93 Integra LS hatchback with 95,000 miles on it in mint condition or a 92 Accord 4dr sedan with 60,000 miles on it in mint condition. The Integra is going for $7,000 and the Accord is going for $8,250. Thanks.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Posts: 632
    My advice? Get the Accord if you need the room. Get the Integra if you need the fun.

guitarzan
    Community Leader/Vans Conference
  • either of those cars is way too way much...unless
    you need the car in a hurry, I'd look around...
    you should be able to get a 94,95 integra (ls)
    or 93-95 accord (dx or lx) for that much money
    (~$8000)...wait till 2000 & the you should be
    able to get even a bit newer car. my $.02
  • jocko2jocko2 Posts: 2
    I know this post is a little late, but I just bought a '97 GSR with 18k miles on it for $14750. It is in perfect condition. It took me quite a while to find it though--there weren't too many used GSRs in my area. A LS or GS may be easier to find, but you won't regret waiting for the GSR!
  • I've read that the 0-60 time for a gsr is around 7.1 seconds, and the lighter, more powerful type r is only .1 of a second faster. what gives?
  • I'm really thinking about purchasing a used 1997 Integra but I'm not sure...
    I'm on a real tight budget and I don't think I can afford the Accord.
    Any advice on the Integra?
  • I have a '94 Integra LS. Love the car, but there is a problem with the antenna. It make a loud noise when it goes up or down. The dealership said the gears on the antenna motor are striped and it would cost $300 plus labor to fix it. I'd rather just cut the power to the antenna motor and leave it up all the time, but I don't know how. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Any more advice on the Integra?
  • wgintzwgintz Posts: 22
    What advice are you looking for about the Integra?
    If you want reliable and efficient transportation get the LS. If you want something a little more performance oriented get the GS-R. I have a 96' GS-R and love it! With either car you won't be disappointed...

Good luck,

Bill
    Go to http://www.integra.vtec.net for info about your antenna. It should have a link to an audio page which will have the info you are looking for.

good luck,

Bill
    Where did you get your numbers on the Type-R?
    I believe the Type-R will actually do 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds.
  • I got the numbers from motor trend. another question: has the type-r always had the 195 hp engine? (maybe that would account for the difference-the #'s I read were for a '97). thanks for your response.
    The Type R has had 195 hp since it was introduced.
    I searched around the web and found a Car and Driver article that tested the Type R with a 0 - 60 time of 6.6 seconds. Check it out at: http://www.geiweb.com/acuraintegra/reviews_article_2a.htm
  • ss7ss7 Posts: 3
    Thanks for your input Jock02& carlady
    I bought 96 RS with 36k on it for 12K. I wanted to have LS(love sunroof) but could not find in my short time period. I was very much in need of car.

gonness, I think you should check with acura dealer before cutting down the power for your antenna because if it is very delicate and could easily break if you take your car to carwash(if you keep it open). I saw it breaking in front of me when i was in a carwash few days back. The guy who was washing in front of me broke his while washing with his radio on.(yes! it was acura integra).
This discussion has been closed.