Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VW GTI (All styles)

1464748495052»

Comments

• Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between a 2013 GTI or a 2013 GLI. They both seem to have good qualities, and I was just wondering if there are any real differences between the two besides body style? Any advice or suggestions are welcome!
  • Hey Turboman007, they are both really great cars. I'm sure you will be happy with whichever one you choose. I would personally recommend the GTI because it is more sporty, if that's what you're looking for... I feel like it has the edge when it comes to handling and taking corners fast. But the GLI is a great compromise for anyone who may not like the hatchback style of the GTI. Check out viewmywheels.com They have a lot of great videos on both models. Hope this helps, good luck with your choice!!!
  • dotty1dotty1 Posts: 1
    I bought a GTI last year, loved it but beware any models with timing chains. the chains can stretch with normal wear and it is a known problem. Users report having the timing chain fail when less than 50000 miles are on the clock. Buyer beware the cost of replacing this is extremely expensive and in my experience VW will not show goodwill.
  • Is there a best model year GTI? Reliability, comfort, performance, handling, braking, cost, ease of modifying performance/handling,not too low for speed bumps, etc. How about the interior stuff like seats, stereo, etc. I think the 2010 on are lower vs my 2007? How much of a problem is this for potholes, speed bumps, etc.?

My 2007 DSG GTI was totaled Fri.
    I am looking for a replacement car. I like hatchbacks for everyday functionality. It will be my only car. I like DSG because there will be times I am injured and not able to drive a stick. Also traffic here is BAD. I have had manual vehicles until I bought my brand new GTI.
    I was able to put my bicycles in the hatch and pull a small motorcycle trailer.
    I had 17 inch wheels and would not go larger because I drive on a lot of rough roads.
    I liked the MPG, yet performance.
    I am open to other vehicles.
    Thank you.
  • I am researching golfs too and have found a lot of good info on a the tdi club website. They talk about other models as well as tdi. Not looking for used so haven't paid too much attention to posts on earlier models. The next models 2014 and 2015 may be assembled in mexico and many posts regarding this. Preference is german assembled gti's and tdi's. Much mention of 2013 special edition gti the wolfsburg and the driver's edition. The wolfsburg is built in wolfsburg. May find these special editions at discounts right now.
  • conallconall West TexasPosts: 91

The new Mk.VII is the best since the Mk.II
    By Mk.II, I mean the '92 2.0 16V.