Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80

Comments

• volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    FAIK, there is no way, short of the VADIS computer to remove that message from the new S80.
  • cbolton2cbolton2 Posts: 1
    This problem need to be reported to the NHTSA National highway Traffic Safety Administration. This is how recalls are generated, because I filed on July 16, 2008 concerning the 2000 s80 ABS module. Please call 1-888-327-4236
  • Does anyone know where i can get a download for the S80 T6 MY2002 repair manual or schematic?Thank you in advanceScott
    You will have to buy a VADIS disc.
    Try ebay.
  • i have an 2002 volvo s80, the car stalled and engine performancce reduced light came on, car wouldn't move. i waited a few minutes and then it started and acted as it was no problem, the engine performance reduced light went off and now running normal i would like to know if anyone had this problem if so what was the problem
  • bconbcon Posts: 1
    I am having much trouble getting the timing set for this car. I had to replace the flywheel, which required the removal of the engine/trans/cradle, so I thought it good to change the timing belt while I have lots of access to it. After doing this and getting it all back together, it will not start. Got gas&spark, but no compression (30-50 pounds). How is the vvt set? When setting the timing marks I marked all sprockets and put them back exactly, but did not know about the vvt until now. How can that be remedied?
    Sincerely,
    Brad Owen aka bcon415
  • Please does anyone have experience with replacement tires for the 2007 (or I expect the 2008) S80 AWD . It comes with Pirellis with the no flat or run flat "feature" but I would prefer to get back to Michelin's and not pay the enormous premium for new Pirellis. Please, any help or suggestions will be appreciated. doctor dick.
    Volvo doesn't offer Run Flat tires for the S80.
    You can replace the Pirelli's with any tire.
  • mepfmepf Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 S-80 w/102,000 miles on it. I took it in to my dealer for an oil change today & found out that I need to have the inner ty-rods, lower control arm bushings and the rt rear sway bar link(?) replaced. Is this normal? I have always done the recommended maintenence at the dealer & do not drive on bad roads (they said this was due to bad road conditions???).
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,894
    100k miles is pretty much the life expectancy of any suspension component.

however, did you complain of any problems? if you don't feel anything wrong, or if your tires are not wearing unevenly, then i would leave it alone.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• I have a 99 S80T6 and my alt went out last weekend and
    rear brakes were toast also. It cost me a grand. They also told me my ball joint was loose. I had new struts at 70K.
  • cet1stcet1st Posts: 17
    Would a 2008 S80 spare tire work with on the 2007 S80-V8 with 18" wheels?
  • cet1stcet1st Posts: 17
    Can the 2008 S80-V8 spare wheel/tire to be used on a 2007 S80-V8 with 18" tires be obtained from another source other than a Volvo dealer?
    Other than a junkyard, I doubt it.
  • Did you ever get a response to your issue? I am having the exact same situation, and I'm hoping the 5,000 cost to have the mechanic deagnose and fix it is not my only solution.
  • jg585jg585 Posts: 9
    what is the real world mpg for an S80? i am thinking of buying an '06, FWD
    Should be high teens to low 20's, depending on how you drive
  • jg585jg585 Posts: 9
    I am considering an '06 S80 and want to know what the fuel economy is. I do hwy driving 90% of the time. i live in the countryside.
    Local dealer asking $26000 for it with 18k on odometer. Certified Volvo used car good to 100k mi or 2012 whichever comes first.
    my alternate choice is an '08 Taurus for $16,500, clearly more affordable for me. Volvo dealer will not budge on price.
    Any info on "real world" mpg?
    thanx
    Jonathan
    IIRC, EPA says 18 City 25 HWY

You should avg mid 20's on the highway.
    Combined in the low 20's.