Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Acadia Tires and Wheels

13»

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hey obyone,

You are very welcome!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    oklahomaallioklahomaalli Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2013
    I bought a 2009 Acadia (SLT AWD) about 7 months ago, had 33,000 miles on it and the tread was GONE! I have been able to get by until now, but am now hydroplaning all over the place anytime there is any moisture on the roads. After taking it to several places, I have been told that this specific brand/make/model has to have "special" tires and have been quoted between $1,100-1,500 for a set of four tires. That is RIDICULOUS!! I looked on tire rack and found some Michelin Latitude Tour P255/60R19 tires that say they fit the make/model but just wondering if someone can back this up, as I am definitely no car or tire expert (I'm a pastry chef for goodness sakes!). I would rather order through them, as although still extremely expensive, $800 for four tires is heck of a lot better than over $1000!!! Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this!
    ~Alli
  • Options
    capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    When I went to Tire Rack, what I calculated for the cost of the entire project was very close to the $1,100 figure you quoted. So there appears to be only a little savings by doing it yourself.

But consider this: If someone were to ask you to bake a cake and they would supply the ingredients, would you? Especially considering that they could blame the poor quality on your work rather than on the ingredients. That's what you have proposed to do with the tires. There is a risk that the tire shop could screw up the mounting and balancing and then deny they are at fault.

But if you buy at a local shop, then they have a vested interest in your satisfaction - plus it is hard to hide from any problems they may or may not create.

I suggest you go down to a tire shop you trust and point out the cost of the tires on-line and ask them to match it. I'll bet they will.
  • Options
    oklahomaallioklahomaalli Member Posts: 2
    I am not sure how you came up with that figure, when I put in 4 tires, with shipping, it came to $900, then tire rack put a discount on for a mail in rebate, bringing my price down to $798. Also, I have a local mechanic shop that I have used for many many years, they have already told me that they would be happy to put the tires on it for me. That's not the issue, the issue was finding the correct size tire without spending a fortune. He told me he would look and see what he could find, but suggested I shop around online and see if I could find anything cheaper than he could. I was told that the Acadia takes a specialty size and type of tire, so I was inquiring if I had the right type and size of tire picked out.
  • Options
    capriracercapriracer Member Posts: 907
    The figure I came up with included mounting and balancing and other items normally found in the final bill - and I assumed the quotes you got were for an out the door price - apple to apples. Needless to say, I didn't factor in the discount you were getting. So if you were NOT getting an out the door price, forgive me - I didn't know.

Size and type? When I put your vehicle into Tire Rack's selector, I came up with the tire you've highlighted. I don't see a problem here.
  • Options
    AndradeinvaAndradeinva Member Posts: 1

I bought a 2011 Acadia SLT and the dealer had 255/50-19 on it. I didn't realize they were not stock size. We maybe 5,000 miles on it in 3 months. They had Perelli Scopion Verde Run Flat tires. I loved them but as came time to replace i started hearing humming from front end. I thought it was the wheel bearing because we live 8 miles off pavement up a mountain on a very unforgiving non state maintained gravel road. 2 days before my new tires came the wife had a blow out on the highway at 75 Mph. The tire kept her off the rim until the exit to meet me at the gas station where i put the spare on. Then TiteAgent sent only 1 tire. I was pissed because the day it came she had another blow out, again keeping her off the rim. If ya'll could see these tires you wouldn't believe it. I've worked on cars my whole life 54 yrs. Never seen anything like it. But at this point i realized they had the wrong size on it. It is why my speedometer was 3 mph over. So i paid $1250 for 4 Toyo Open Country AT-III. They are incredible. A little noisy still but they will handle this mountain i call home very well this winter. If i lived on a paved road I'd certainly buy the Perelli run flats if they have them at the stock 265/60-19. Does anyone know if running the 255/50-19 for 3 months (Maybe more but that's all i owned it for) could do any internal damage to the differential or transmission?
    Thanks in advance.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    @Andradeinva

If all four tires were the same size, then it shouldn't have had any deleterious effect on the drivetrain.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator