2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2010 Chevy Equinox

Comments

• Options
    pete2470pete2470 Member Posts: 6
    my dealer says order now and get it in about 2 months. Whats with that?
    looking at the 2010 LT2
  • Options
    vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    Unfortunately demand is outstripping supply.

The plant just called back a third shift, they can't make them fast enough apparently. They also just started the GMC Terrain production which isn't helping.
  • Options
    stakeoutstakeout Member Posts: 173
    Homelink or now Chevy calls it Universal Home Remote .. a/k/a garage door opener... can't seem to find it listed on any of the sites including Chevy's home site... it is available on other models like the Traverse but only in LT2 trim or better...

the three dealers I spoke to don't know... hard to believe... but then again not many new '10 Equinox's are available in this area in s/e NC

p.s. also cross-posted this on Chevy Equinox forum
  • Options
    smithpesmithpe Member Posts: 13
    My 4 cyl. is only getting 24.8 mpg highway. I expected something closer to the EPA 32. It's got 1200 miles using Shell fuel and I use the ECO driving mode. Any suggestions or comments?
  • Options
    ulliulli Member Posts: 14
    Ordered a 1LT1 AWD 4cyl with Vehicle interface last week. I've got some time to mentally prepare myself to go from 8 cylinders (2001 Tahoe) to 4. Patience is not my strong suit, so this'll be interesting! Also I'm bluetooth illiterate. Can anyone tell me if the T-mobile Samsung T239 phone is compatible with the Equinox?
    The kicker to buying the Equinox was twofold. We wanted to buy last year and narrowed it down to the Murano and the Santa Fe. Both, I think are good choices. After driving the Equinox we went back to sit in the others. Sitting in both the Murano and the Santa Fe with seat in the lowest position I was looking at the visor. Not so with the Equinox. It has plenty of headroom and good visibility. Second, I prefer to support American companies.
  • Options
    dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    First off I have to wonder if the Equinox being a lot lighter than the Tahoe if they may not be about the same in say 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile times. I have always found with most bluetooths that it is a crap shoot on whether a phone will work with said vehicle.
  • Options
    I know that I can pass vehicles going uphill in the Tahoe. I have no illusions of doing that in the Equinox. But now that i'm retired i'm not in a hurry anyway. Boy that was easy to say -- doing it will be something else!
    As for the bluetooth, I think you are right. Neither T mobile nor Chevrolet could tell me.
  • Options
    Give it break in time, light on the pedal and mileage should come up.

What percentage of your driving is highway?
  • Options
    My HIGHWAY MPG has been calculated separately from the CITY MPG based on trips that covered only highway. I have taken two 100 mile trips on flat interstate at 70 MPH and got 24.6 MPG each time. I just finished a third trip at 55 MPH and got 30 MPG which I was happy with but who likes to go 55 MPH on the interstate? That extra 15 MPH makes quite a difference!
    I now have 1900 miles on the car and get 23 MPG city.
  • Options
    runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    smithpe Are you AWD or FWD?

I'm getting 23.1-23.3 city, 24.5 city/hwy with AWD. Haven't tried a full hwy test yet.
  • Options
    How are you calculating the mileage?

I am not convinced the in car computers are accurate. The only way to be sure is to fill up, drive your highway miles and then check with another fill up.
  • Options
    got a call from the local Chevy dealer on Friday that a new 2010 Equinox was finally in for a test drive... my wife is looking for another vehicle since she turned in her '06 Pilot(lease) back in early June...

over the years we've gone thru many vehicles... so we know what we were looking at...

car is small--interior wise .. almost shoulder to shoulder in the front seat... limited cargo area... felt every bump in the road... not a smooth ride... 2nd row seats do NOT lay flat like we need as we do a lot of traveling up/down the east coast and cruises.. have to have that flat back seat for a cooler and plenty of luggage back thru into the cargo area....and no matter what many are saying in the mags we think it was 'loud'...even louder but in a different way than her '06 pilot which mainly had a lot of road noise... to me it sounded like the 4 cyl was struggling... the price at $1500 bucks for the 6cyl option not even a thought...

she was... to say the least ...disappointed.. especially with its high mpg ratings .........so it's off her list... still looking at the Traverse... Highlander ... and lastly the 2010 Pilot with its horrendous dashboard layout...( what were they thinking with all those buttons).. whoever gives us the best price will get our bizness...
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    felt every bump in the road... not a smooth ride...

When I see comments like this about a brand new car, I always have to wonder if the dealer techs aired down the tires when they prepped the car. Tires usually come over-inflated for shipping so they won't flatspot, and it they aren't aired down, they'll bounce you all over the road. It's pretty common for the techs to ignore the tires.
  • Options
    I've driven 2 of them. One was a little hard but checked the tire pressure on the display and could tell they were over inflated but the first one rode like a dream.
  • Options
    .. that very well could be...

like I said Steve my wife was disappointed totally in the car... more so than me.. I knew it would ride like a smaller car.. and it did...

took a shot at it hoping it would be more like the Pilot as it's only a few inches smaller.. the width is what got us... we've only driven a new at the time '08 Equinox as a rental on a 700 mile trip from NC down to Port Everglades 1 1/2 years ago... I actually thought that car drove and handled better than this new one..and was a heckuva lot quieter with a lot more room.. or so it seemed since we loaded it up for a 30 day cruise back then...

we get 2 new cars mainly by leasing them every 2-3 years... have had just about all types with the past bunch of years going thru 4 Suburbans.. (now in an Avalanche)... a couple of Infiniti Q45's ... Volvos... RX7's..Corvettes... Trailblazers .. Explorers.. Expeditions...and a Pilot... so we kinda block out the hype of the salesman and tell him up front we know what we're looking for.. he doesn't have to sell us anything.. nor can he ...

the 'quest' goes on... :)
  • Options
    She is comparing apples and oranges. Pilot seats up to 8 compared to 5 in the nox. Pilot is a whole lot bigger so it should ride better. For what a Pilot starts at you can get a pretty well equiped Nox and the mid level Pilot starts at $33,845 which will get you almost the most expensive Nox. Compare the ones that it directly competes against and in my humble opinion the Nox wins hands down.
  • Options
    here ya' go..from the Specs page comparison... almost the same size in length... 3" Pilot is wider... while the CR-V is shorter 10" and narrower than the Equinox while the Equinox has the longer wheelbase than all of them
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2010/chevrolet/equinox/101158056/VehicleComparison?ba- sestyleid=101158056&styleid=101172629&styleid=101077143&styleid=101082358&stylei- d=101125537&maxvehicles=5&refid=&op=3&tab=specs
  • Options
    FWD LS model
  • Options
    The old-fashioned way. Fill-up, note odometer milage, drive, fill-up, note odometer milage, subtract and divide miles/gal
  • Options
    I don't think you can come out of a V6 Pilot and expect a 2.4L Equinox to drive the same. The Pilot will drive more like a Buick and it should, you pay big bucks for it.

Traverse is probably more what you are looking for.
  • Options
    ragtop262ragtop262 Member Posts: 58
    Just to add another fuel mileage reference to the discussion, I've got almost 5000 miles on my 4cyl AWD. I use the car for work, so I keep track of every mile and every gallon of gas. So far, I've gotten 24.5 mpg in 75% hwy/25% city driving. This is with the 10% ethanol gas we have to use here.

This is a little lower than what I was hoping for, but not too far off. In comparison, the Mitsubishi endeavor I replaced is not much bigger than the Equinox, but was averaging 18.9 mpg in the same driving mix. That's a 30% improvement, or a savings of about 35-40 gallons per month over what I was used to (or about $100/mo at today's prices). I guess I can live with that.
  • Options
    rhouser2rhouser2 Member Posts: 114
    anyone with a torrent or first generation nox driven a 2010 nox? how does the 2010 compare in ride,comfort and quietness to the older body style? we have an 06 torrent and it has served us very well, but i find the driver's seat a bit uncomfortable. it is a power seat but i just cant seem to get it right. we own an 07 sierra and i really like those seats. also i don't care for the torrent's adjustable steering column, i also prefer the sierra tilt column over the torrent. thanks in advance.
    richard
  • Options
    The seats in the old nox was the reason we bought a Trailblazer at the time. I have test drove 2 of the new Nox's and the seats are the difference between night and day. Just looking at them they look better. I thought the old Nox seats were thin looking, not very thick (padded). I thought everything in the old one looked a little cheap where I think the new one looks very rich. Of course this is just my personal opinion.
  • Options
    that's what she wants...a new Traverse... I usually 'dread' getting her a new car every three years... if I pick it for her.. and if it's a bummer.. guess who gets blamed for it... sooooo.. bottomline.. I do NOT choose for her.. let her make the final decision.. after we usually narrow it down to two or three choices... :)
  • Options
    Depending on what you get on the Traverse you may be able to move up to the Buick version which at the begining had a lot of little things the rest didn't like a special soundproofing in its glass which made a very quiet ride. During or beginning the search for a new car for the wife I got on line and built my own from the different GM sites and a loaded Traverse was almost as much as a loaded one of the other 3 (Outlook, Enclave, Arcadia) so you may want to check on those too.
  • Options
    suv11suv11 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know what to expect for fuel economy with the 2010 v6 awd nox
  • Options
    I don't know about the V6 AWD but my 2010 4-cyl FWD LS Nox gets 21 city; 25 hwy. My guess is the V6 would be less.
  • Options
    I have a 4cyl. LS 2010 Nox.with 2200 miles. I used my dealer installed hitch for the first time this weekend. I towed a 1300 lb. 14ft. boat 50 miles with no apparent problems. The manual says to turn off the ECO driving mode when towing and use the M transmission setting for a lower gear. I kept it 5th speed and it seemed to do fine. It pulled the boat out of the water loaded with one person and gear without any wheel slipage.
  • Options
    gamehawkergamehawker Member Posts: 17
    I traveled over 450 miles this past labor day weekend (90% highway/10% city) and my 2010 Equinox LT2 FWD 4 cyl averaged 29 mpg. Considering my Equinox only had less than 400 miles before we began the trip and I was averaging 65 mph on the highway I am extremely pleased. I feel the mpg will only get better.
  • Options
    charla1charla1 Member Posts: 10
    Gamehawker, how did the car handle? Was there too much play in the steering, were the brakes "mushy"? These are a couple of complaints I heard about the 2010 Equinox. We haven't been able to test drive the vehicle since none of the local dealers have any in stock. They say as soon as they come in, they're sold. It sounds like a "winner" though.
  • Options
    I've driven 2 and didn't notice any play in the wheel and the brakes worked just as they should.
  • Options
    gamehawkergamehawker Member Posts: 17
    No play in the steering and the brakes were not mushy. I absolutely love everything about this crossover. I had a 2000 Dodge Durango and did the cash for clunkers to get my Equinox.

I have owed a few German cars in the past, i.e., Audi, VW and I feel that my 2010 Equinox drives as good or better than those vehicles. :)
  • Options
    gamehawker and dmathews3: Thank you for your reply. I guess it's subjective....depends on the individual... although some are always nitpicking and can never be satisfied. :)
  • Options
    mickeyrommickeyrom Member Posts: 936
    I am assuming that the 25MPG is actual real world mileage.The EPA says that hiway is 32...are they wrong?
  • Options
    brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    The AWD - all wheel drive - is rated at 29mpg on hwy for the 4cyl model. The 32mpg hwy rating is for the FWD 4cyl model and the EPA estimates are more accurate than they use to be 2 years ago. Driving habits/conditions/weather will always affect actual mpg numbers.
  • Options
    " don't know about the V6 AWD but my 2010 4-cyl FWD LS Nox gets 21 city; 25 hwy. My guess is the V6 would be less..".

You wrote you had 4 cyl F :blush: FWD Brueggie...did I miss something?Or was that a different poster...
  • Options
    brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    Different poster - I have a 4cyl FWD on order which should come in mid to late October - really looking forward to it - saw one parked next to me at lunch yesterday. Still mind bogling that it gets 1 mpg better gas mileage than my '05 Camry!!
  • Options
    Good luck.Keep us up to date on how that 4cyl works out for you.
  • Options
    It's real world. My 2010 4 cyl. LS has 2300 miles on it. On flat interstate at 70mph I get 25mpg. If I go 55mph it jumps to 30mpg. I'm getting 20 mpg city. The EPA estimate is very optimistic. My combined mpg after 2300 miles is about 23mpg. Not what I expected for a 4-cyl but better that my 99 V6 Town&Country which I turned in as a clunker. The dealer and the On-Star read-out say nothing is wrong with the car.
  • Options
    I have a '10 4cyl AWD. Steering is tight and brakes are not mushy.
  • Options
    23 mixed overall MPG isn't bad.It's about what I get on my KIA Optima,but I get over 30 consistently on the highway.This makes me rethink considering the Equinox.I would never want a car that got less MPG than what I am getting now.Thanks for the info.Let me know if the mileage improves.
    Are you getting actual MPG by diving miles by gallons,or is that your computer?I would not trust those computers completely.
  • Options
    30 - 32 MPG should be attainable on the highway, no problem. 30 for an Optima is nothing special for a small car.
  • Options
    I wrote OVER 30 MPG. I have maxed out at 40.7 on one trip.
    BTW The Optima is considered a medium sized car,not small.Somewhere around 3400 lbs.
  • Options
    2nd thousand miles and I'm getting 29.3-29.5 on a highway with traffic lights. I'm getting 23.3 in a hilly suburbia with some lights, but a lot of stop signs. Combined, I was 26.2 then crushed it to 25.5 hauling a trailer full downed tree branches 10 miles.

2010 Equinox AWD 4cyl
  • Options
    That sounds promising.
  • Options
    back2frontback2front Member Posts: 42
    Just wondering if anyone else has a problem with the AM reception on the NOX radio. There are a couple of stations I like to listen to and I did just that on my two older vehicles but they won't come in on this one. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    wallyuwlwallyuwl Member Posts: 166
    So today I was able to talk directly with GM's chief engineer in charge of the Equinox, largely because of someone else at GM getting me in contact with him based on me posting the problem on here.

Anyway, it seems the transmission symptoms are somewhat intended based on features to save fuel. However, based on what I said he thinks what I and others are experiencing is more harsh than what is intended. So he is having a member(s) of his engineering team contact me (don't know a timeline) to set up a time for them to come down and drive with me.

Also, back2front I think mentioned that his dealer told him they contacted GM and were told GM was aware of this problem and was working on it. The engineer said this is not true, that GM was not aware of the severity of these symptoms in some vehicles. So it seems the dealer was lied to by GM, or the dealer lied to back2front.

When I hear more I'll update more.
  • Options
    I'm interested in comparing prices for a 2010 Equinox LT2, 4 cyl,, fwd, heated leather seats and sunroof. I'd like to know the actual "on the road" price including taxes, tags, etc. This is not taking into account any promos. Would be interesting to see what, if any, difference there is, coast to coast, in pricing. I was quoted a price of $29,138.00.
  • Options
    Thanks for your persistence in this matter. Hopefully GM can move up the ladder of reliability if they correct problems promptly.
    I ordered an 1LT Aug. 17. Production is scheduled for the week of Oct.12. I'll post my experiences with the vehicle later.
  • Options
    elisa81elisa81 Member Posts: 38
    I found a small incentive yesterday that my husband and I will be taking advantage of when our '10 2LT NOX comes in by the end of September. You can sign a waiver stating you do not want to have the 60 day return policy option on your vehicle, and you will get a $500.00 cash incentive instead. We know that we wouldn't be returning the vehicle, so we will be taking the extra $500.00. If nothing else it'll pay for 1/4 of our taxes and other fees! This can be used in conjuction with other offers, supplier discounts, GM discounts, etc. and is available through November 30th. Read all about it at http://www.gm.com/guarantee/index.jsp?brandId=gm