Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid

1171819202123»

Comments

• Options
    acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    If the traction batteries are low, it will cause all kinds of problems. Then again, maybe the car needs a reboot.
  • Options
    djkm1djkm1 Member Posts: 11
    Does anyone know what the employee pricing is on the Fusion Hybrid? And what kind of discount should be seen on option packages if you get employee pricing?

Thanks
  • Options
    fordcustsrvcfordcustsrvc Member Posts: 27
    djkm1,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. If you are eligible for Ford employee pricing, you may have a log in id for www.AXZ.Ford.com. You can also contact the AXZ Program at 800-348-7709 at your convenience. I hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Seni
    Ford Customer Service Division
  • Options
    fordcustsrvcfordcustsrvc Member Posts: 27
    edited March 2011
    raman13,

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I am sorry your Fusion Hybrid is not performing to your expectation. We recommend that your vehicle be inspected by a Ford dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms your vehicle may be experiencing. If there is no coverage under applicable warranties, recalls, or ESPs, repairs and services would be your responsibility. As you mentioned, the problem may be because it was off for so long, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a problem. Your next step is to make an appointment with your servicing dealership to have your vehicle diagnosed. Please contact the Customer Relations Center at 800-392-3673, if further assistance is needed. Thank you.

Seni
    Ford Customer Service Division
  • Options
    wilcoxwilcox Member Posts: 582
    edited April 2011
    Nice post above.

As far as changing oil, I change the oil @10,000 miles on our Mariner Hybrid. Have been operating the 4wd SUV since November of 2006 without a problem.

Actually, at one service visit of a problem, our Ford dealer Maintenance department ended-up reseting the mileage reminder for oil changes! Duh.

I change my own oil & fiter. One day I looked at my maintenance book previous oil change mileage and compared it with the current mileage and found it was 870 miles over the 10,000 mile interval. The Mariner's computer had not put out the message about "Oil Change...." due to the dolts resetting that function.

I run full synthetic Mobile 1 oil...and I think there was no harm done.
  • Options
    Mobil 1 is good oil, you were safe by at least 4100 miles.
  • Options
    joescreenjoescreen Member Posts: 1
    What is the battery life of the Ford Fusion for the electric motor?
    What is the expected cost to replace the battery?
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "i live in boston area and my 2010 ford fusion hybrid has been parked in the garage for 3 months since mid dec without use."

My 2008 FEH owners manual has a warning about storing it for that long without starting the engine. Here is the warning:

"Your vehicle must be started and run for a minimum of 10 minutes once
    a month in order to maintain the high voltage battery charge. This will
    maintain the high voltage battery but it is not enough to maintain the
    low voltage (underhood) battery and additional low voltage (underhood)
    battery charging may be required after 60 days.

If your vehicle is to be stored for 30 days or longer, the low voltage
    (underhood) battery negative terminal must be disconnected. Failure to
    do this could damage your vehicle’s battery systems."
  • Options
    timothyftimothyf Member Posts: 40
    Any one want to take a stab as to why FFH sales are only in the 25k units/year range? I've had mine since May 09 and it's really an excellent car. Highly reliable, fun to drive, and Sync was an unexpected pleasure. It boggles my mind that Ford isn't selling at least 50-100k units per year of these vehicles. It must be demand as one would hope that the supply chain would be worked out after two years of manufacturing. Is its price influencing demand or is there another factor(s) at work?
  • Options
    Batteries.

They are only able to obtain so many packs so that's why they limit production. Ford doesn't manufacture the battery packs, another company does, and I believe that company also supplies Toyota.

Hyundai OTOH I believe make their battery packs, or has exclusive contracts to have them made, plus they are LiPo batts and not NiMh, no competition, so they can produce more per year as demanded. I also noticed Hyundai, unlike Ford and Toyota want to sell the Hybrids and aren't asking premium prices, and actually are dealing on them. Go to Ford and try to get a FFH at invoice, not going to happen unless you personally know someone. There are some that have purchased the SH at just above invoice. Now if they can get special finance rates, then these would be very hard to find on lots as they would be on the road instead.
  • Options
    whardenwharden Member Posts: 2
    The battery has a 10 yr 150,000 mile warranty. It is designed to last the life of the vehicle. If you need a new battery contact your Ford dealer.
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I have no idea about the cost for the Fusion battery, but Prius batteries seem to cost in the $3500 range, and I'd guess the Fusion's a bit bigger. But by the time, years from now, that a few Fusion owners might need batteries, there might be rebuilding options, as there are for the Prius, at a fraction of the cost of a complete battery.
  • Options
    skiba1skiba1 Member Posts: 3
    do you have any picutres showing to remove glove box and where the filter is? As well as how to replace filter for funsion 2011 hybrid
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Remove the tether from the side, then squeeze the sides to drop the glovebox out of the way. The door to the filter is right there with an opening 3/4 inch high and 6-8" wide.
  • Options
    Just curious where everyone elses battery state is at. I recently bought a 2010 FFH, it had 850 miles on it, purchased by the original owner in Jan 2010. He passed away shortly after getting the car, so it sat in a garage for all that time until I got it in September this year. When I got it, it had 1150 miles on it, the dealer had to pick it up from the next state.

I'm just curious because in both the Toys I had the SOC would hit full charge when going at highway speeds, which is 80% of my daily drive, and in the FFH, its 50%. After 6000 miles, I have yet had it hit full charge, best I have seen is about 80%, and that is from going down hill.

I'm wondering if this is normal, or if sitting all that time may have done something to the battery pack.
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    50% during normal driving seems about right, at least for me. Depending on the amount of regenerative braking, we can get our SOC up to 100%, in fact I just noticed it was 100% last weekend while driving from our house. I think the easiest way for us to get to 100% seems to be tooling around our local neighborhood where I can coast down a slight decline and then use little battery to finish the drive to our driveway.

Keep in mind that the FFH can use both the electric and gas motors during acceleration. And the system seems to always settle at 50% during normal highway driving.

I use the "engage" screen on the dash which helps show the amount of power the battery is providing as well as the gas motor. You'll even see both in use when you accelerate.

-Brian
  • Options
    Same here, it usually runs around 50%, ranging from top of the 'battery' symbol to the bottom. I did run near 100% the last couple of cold days, seems like the engine keeps running when it's cold, maxing the charge. But today it warmed up and I was on the freeway, went back around 50%.
  • Options
    pootlepootle Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a '10 FFH. My measured consumption for the first tankful was 22.5mpg :mad: This is crazy, yes? Granted, most of my driving over the 420km / 260m was on freeways with the cruise control set at 130kph/80mph or a little more, although some of it was also careful in-town driving. I know hybrid efficiencies aren't really operating at those speeds but I would still have expected better from a reasonably aerodynamic vehicle with an allegedly super-efficient engine. Most people seem to get low 30s under similar conditions. One thing that worries me and might be relevant is the frequent appearance of the little yellow wrench symbol during high-speed cruising. Obviously, I'm going to get it checked out ASAP, but I still wonder if anyone has any thoughts about this fuel consumption.
  • Options
    Would seem to be abnormal, I get 35-36 mpg on the freeway at 70-75 mph. But all bets are off until you get that yellow warning light checked out. So it's used? How many miles?
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Your answer may be in "first tankful". I'd give it at least a couple before I made a judgement.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I was expecting to get in the low 30s at that speed, as you do. I was going a bit faster, obviously, but not 10mpg faster! It's done about 47k miles. It's booked into a local dealer tomorrow morning for a checkup but I don't have a very good feeling about them. Gotta wait and see, I guess.
  • Options
    Weeelll, it's *my* first tankful, but the car itself is thoroughly run in. The cumulative average mileage is showing 31.8mpg, which includes a lot of big-city driving with the original owner. Again, I would have expected better, although whatever problem the trouble light is indicating might be to blame. It generally comes on within a few minutes of setting the cruise control on the freeway and doesn't seem to be clearly related to speed, although I haven't experimented enough to know for sure.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Don't forget that "your mileage may vary" thing. Your driving style and conditions you drive in may be quite different from the original owner's, even if they were driving in the same general area as you. As an example, I have a 6-speed Nissan Versa (we have two... three if you count my 2007 that my daughter bought from me) and just love it and get decent mileage. A friend in town bought one with the expectation that they'd get the same mileage performance as me, but they're not. Went out for a drive with him because he wanted to see if I felt anything different about his car, any obvious problem that was causing it. Well, the obvious "problem" was simply that he lives in a hillier section of town, and drives a bit zippier than I do. Not a lot, but noticeable. And on first glance, it would be easy to see how you might think the differences were so small that it shouldn't result in 2-3 MPG less, but it does. I'm no hypermiler or anything, but if I was driving my car up and down the hills he has to to get home instead of out a relatively straight and flat country road with no stop and go, I'd be getting the same mileage as he is.

Yea, that trouble light may be related, but it might not. Won't know until that variable is out of the way!