2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Thx for the info. Terry. You ask "why do I ask"? There's very few Tacoma Prerunners for sale by individuals here and Toyota dealers in Orlando are a royal royal pain in the [non-permissible content removed] to get any kind of a decent deal. I've tried a couple already and there's all kinds of high pressure sales tactics with many dealer add-on fees.
    There's a huge Manheim auction close to me and I'm thinking of looking in that direction. Can't go wrong with a Toyota, right? As long as it's up to date on maintenance.
    Thx again Terry.
  • Options
    jratcliffejratcliffe Member Posts: 233
    New Haven? College trip maybe?
  • Options
    ericnaz1ericnaz1 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe EXV6 with 23K miles in showroom condition in Phoenix AZ.....any idea what I can expect to get for it as a trade? Thanks in advance for your help
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,058
    If you put so much faith in Edmunds numbers, than why are you even asking Terry for a number? Go trade your car in and let us know when you get $30K for it.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Kinda like my customers. They will check every on line book they can find looking for the highest number. Then, THAT is what they know their trade in is worth!
  • Options
    akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    When looking at trading a car is I get trade value from Kelly, Nada, and Edmunds, add them together, divide by 3 to get an average, then subtract $2k-$3k depending on the car. I'm usually within $500 when it comes to trade time. That might only work for Alaska, but at least it gives me a realistic number.......of course I still check with the main man Terry too. ;-)
  • Options
    mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Ericnaz1, it might help Terry if you give him a little more info like, the color, stick or auto, tire condition, leather or clothe, maintenance records, has it ever been wrecked?......

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • Options
    JNorthstarJNorthstar Member Posts: 25
    Terry,
    can you give me the trade in value for the following:

It is the GL model. Black, 53,000 miles, air, automatic, sunroof, auto door locks, cassette, no CD, no pwr windows. Good condition, no damage, serviced regular etc.

Car is located in Portland, Oregon.
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    My 16 year old got into Choate in Walligford and Phillips Exeter in New Hampshire, so they have to go check 'em out so HE can decide. Wife just called and I got an earful about the Alero!

The Sandman :-)
  • Options
    jratcliffejratcliffe Member Posts: 233
    Congrats! Both are great schools, I have friends from college who attended both places. :) Also, if I remember correctly, both have tuition that's rather more than the Ivies. :(

I had an Alero 2dr recently as a rental, and it wasn't too bad, although the seats weren't very comfortable. I still much prefer my Accord for good-sized 2dr cars.
  • Options
    rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ....... Nope, can't beat em' for the long haul ...

I go to all the Manheims in FL, plus about 10/12 out of state .. are you aware that you have to be a dealer to even get in ...?

Terry.
  • Options
    ....... Drop away ..
  • Options
    ......... All do respect ~ If it's as nice as you say it is .. that means "jam-up", knee deep in round things, seats been hovered in, it glows in the dark, not a scratch, just plain old puuuurfect with 110% service, then you might see $26ish with 37klicks on a trade ...

I just paid $26,9 for one today with 15,500 miles, Nav, bun warmers, 4wd, etc, etc, Millennium Silver Metallic and I got it dirty with my golf shoes and those were brand new .l.o.l. .. don't get your feelings hurt, but Nav's are only "around" a $500 bump at trade time ...

$30grand ...? .. that's a retail figure my friend .. see if Edmunds will strike you a reader for $30 big ones for it ~ because there isn't a dealer from Cape Cod to Cape Coral that will .................. :)

Terry.
  • Options
    Thankies.....you the man!! I appreciate you more than you know!! All the help you give around here is above and beyond!
  • Options
    ericnaz1ericnaz1 Member Posts: 6
    Well here is more information 2002 accord ex v6
    leather, white paint, automatic, no accidents, maint records available, front tires 50% worn, rear tires 10% worn , 23,000 miles, excellent condition. Area is phoenix AZ zip 85296. Hope this helps...any idea what to expect for a trade?
    your help is appreciated
  • Options
    tommydtommyd Member Posts: 10
    I have a 1997 F-150 XLT Supercab with 123600 miles. Body and interior are in excellent condition. Engine is a V6. Due to a mechanic's error (drain plug) I had to put a rebuilt engine in the truck. I have run it 17000 trouble free miles. Rebuilt engine has a guarantee up to 60000 miles. What can I expect for a trade in value?
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Yes, Terry, I'm well aware of the requirement for a dealer license and I have a couple contacts who I can work with. Thx for your help.
  • Options
    dkuhajdadkuhajda Member Posts: 487
    $2500 ACV trade in, really. The miles, engine history, 6 cylinder, manual tranny? are all killing it.

You might want to post more/better description/options, as well as location. As posted I am assuming it is the base 6cyl with manual transmission and no extra options.

You really should consider selling it yourself.
    If it looks and drives like a 2001 with 50K on it, $5900 asking retail would be a good start.
  • Options
    ........ Coupe', right ..? ... aaah Camelback ...

02 Accord, EX V6 with 23,0 small klicks with an auto .. the color is right for the area, miles are low for any area and you say it's in great shape .. if we don't have any Home Depot attacks, no-repaints, no ice cream invasions, no I sat with my Swiss Army knife in the back seats ... trade side, depending on the dealer, in and around the mid to high $15's, might "maybe" could see the low low low low $16's if you have been nice to the Easter Bunny .... the low miles and the color saves this one, the 2dr doesn't help.

Good luck and let me know how it goes ....

Terry.
  • Options
    .............. Burb's in Seattle huh ...? ...

01 LT's 3/4 ton 4wd's, with miles in the 20/30k range are doing "around" the high $22ish range with the 6.0litre .. 02's are doing "around" the high $25ish with the lower miles ...

Super nice, super clean 02 A8 L's with miles in the high teens low low 20's are doing "around" the $35/$36 range, these are the "glow in the dark" types ...

Terry.
  • Options
    kevin1kevin1 Member Posts: 2
    Terry,
    Can you please advise trade value for my 97 Boxster. 32.5k miles, 5 sp stick, full porsche service history, leather seats, 17" wheels, 50% left on tires, Guards red, excellent condition, clean title, no accidents, no door dings, located in Houston. And how much more could I expect for private sale. Thanks in advance.
    Kevin
  • Options
    ......... Buckeye country ..

Sounds like it might be a nice one .. it's an LS, we have the 3800 V6, we got the leather, slider, color is a "maybe" in the broad market and the 62k doesn't help ....

Trade side (or in this case, dealer purchase), depending on the dealer, in and around the ultra high $6's low $7's, "maybe" mid $7's if it's knee deep, looks and feels like 30k and needs -0- .... down Retail Rd, superb detail, wonderful Ad $9,495 *asking* and cut it loose for the first Cash Money deal of $8,5/$8,9 ......

Don't forget to let me know how it goes ....

Terry.
  • Options
    ...... ** The truck was used in the woods ** ... l.o.l......

Really, I thought they might use it at the Easter Parade in downtown Miami ......... :))

Terry.

PS: sorry, couldn't pass on that one ....;^))
  • Options
    driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
    IN THE WOODS, like where there are TREES???
  • Options
    ..... Where else would you use a logging thingybob type of machine ..... ?

Terry ;))
  • Options
    driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
  • Options
    ....... I can barely see it from here with all the fog .....

New body ........ ?

Terry.
  • Options
    ........... Auto .? ... or one of those push it around things in the middle .... ?

Terry.
  • Options
    bdemasbdemas Member Posts: 51
    Terry, thanks again for the input on the 2000 TL, it was gone when we returned, wasn't meant to be. Pickens are slim in town (Charleston, SC) for a descent deal on a TL. We looked at a 2003 silver with 22k miles, private party. Everything except Nav. One ding on the outside, inside was a bit messy but cleanable. Owner wants 25, what is a realistic value for the vehicle?

TIA
    Bill
  • Options
    ........ Good morning Bill .. great vehicles.

Eh', the miles are a little stiff for an 03, not bad, but just a little on the tall side .. probably tried to trade it and they hit it at $21ish, maybe his pay-off is high, or maybe he's just wants a tour of Retail Rd .. SC has a $300 maximum of trade difference, right(?) .. $25,0 .? .. too high, whats fair for both: $23/$23,5 and $24 on a push .. you say it's dirty.?

Let me know what goes on ...

Terry.
  • Options
    bdemasbdemas Member Posts: 51
    Terry, thanks again. Not sure if they tried the trade route yet. Inside was just messy, no stains, rips or errors. Not sure on the trade difference here (not really sure what you mean).

I've researched Autotrader for the area, not many to compare apples to apples with privately and locally . We gave them our budget limit bid, no deal. Will have to continue to look older, the TL's are such a nice ride.
  • Options
    jaserbjaserb Member Posts: 820
    This is from a month or so ago. Terry, you said:

... it's a 02 Dakota Sport with a Ecab, 2wd, 18k low miles, V6 with an auto, it's white with grey guts - and you say it's in nice shape (it's a *L32* - a Sport, right.?) .. $10 seems maybe a little low, 18k and clean, $10,5/$10,9 seems more in line, but Utah I'm not familiar with .. how many people live in Utah.? 10,0/20,000 ...? oh yeah, you have that Salt Lake City thing going on, Mormons and all that .. have you shopped this dude.?

Down Retail Rd: wonderful 5 liner Ad, superb detail, all the service records .. $12,9 *asking* and wave goodbye at the first $11,9/$12,5 ...

He sold it private party to a friend of his. When I asked him what he sold it for he said - "Oh, I just sold it to him for what I owed. I told him I didn't want to make a profit on it." I nearly laughed out loud. Is that a classic line or what? I know he owed over $14k on it two months ago, so he probably got $13,5++! What can I say, good for him, not so good for his friend. Thanks, Terry!

-Jason
  • Options
    Ok guys, I should have reread what I posted before I hit send. Oh well, gotta catch me in a blonde moment once in a while just to keep me on the straight and narrow. lol

What I really meant was the dealer said it was pretty hammered on the inside and had probably seen lots of hard use. That any better?? If not, well, blame it on the fact hubby didn't tell me we were out of coffee so I've had NONE this morning. He's at work, so doesn't have to worry about it. Guess its time to go grocery shopping, ugh.
  • Options
    leomortleomort Member Posts: 453
    Hi Terry!

I have a '94 Toyota Paseo w/ 221K miles on it. Paint condition of car would be considered in rough condition and it's starting to burn oil. Shouldn't I be able to get $4K in trade-in because it's a Toyota *lol*

Leo
  • Options
    .......... A 97 in G-Red, we got the color going on .. 33k, no miles, better have all the service from crib time .. it's gotta be like brand new, Porsche people know these pups better than their own mothers, no hit's no runs no errors and no self-induced touch ups ....

Trade side (depending on the dealer) you should be seeing in and around the $16's, might maybe "could" roll towards the $17 figure if it needs -0- and with spring rolling in .... me personally - right down Retail Rd .. a detail job blessed by the
    Pope, an Ad that Forbes himself would be proud of, $21,900 *asking* - then and kick and scream at the first $19,9/$20,9 ~ but take it ..... ..... :)

Don't get to hinky with the Retail books on these .. 00 "S"'s with 30k are only doing the $27/$28ish figure at the auctions and being sold for the low $30's figure .....

Terry.
  • Options
    jwinkyjwinky Member Posts: 59
    Hi Terry,

What could I expect trade-in and private sale for a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4 with 30k in St. Louis? Black with gray leather, moonroof, Bose, 4.2 I6, 3.73 rear, non-air suspension, running boards. It has pretty much all of the options except for the DVD and air suspension. Inside is clean and there is only one small nick on the front bumper.

The finish is still top notch (no swirls) as I have been very conscious of the dark color and been careful washing it. No dents or dings and has been serviced only by the dealer with regular oil changes and tire rotation/balance.

Thanks in advance,
    Joel
  • Options
    edwardoplunketedwardoplunket Member Posts: 31
    Hi Terry,

Thanks for the numbers for 01-02 Burbs in Seattle. I have heard that Edmunds trade in values are about 5-10% higher than auction prices, and your data helps corroborate this.

Can you help out with similiar data for 03 EB/XLT Expeditions as well. My wife is on the fence about the Burbs length. Thanks again for the info.

Ed
  • Options
    More info on the 97 F-150 XLT

Automatic transmission, power locks, windows, AC, AM/FM cassette and 6 CD changer, two tone paint with pinstripe, alloy wheels and bedliner. Location is Northern Virginia/DC metro area.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    gator430gator430 Member Posts: 40
    Terry,

What will be the trade-in value for this car? The car is Gold and has all the options. The car has 126,546 miles on the odometer, and it's in good shape with normal wear and tear of a car that is 10 years old. Clean title and no accidents.

Thanks
  • Options
    ...... #1, what did you offer him ..? #2, did he come off his price .? ... and #3, if I remember correctly SC only has a $300 tax savings on purchases and trades ..

Which means if he traded it, he would only see the $21ish figure and a $300 savings on the difference ..... am I making sense, cuz' usually my psychiatrist says I don't .. ya know, I should quit paying him $300 an hour ...

Terry.
  • Options
    ........ $13,5 ...? Yeowza.! .. I guess thats what friends are all about .l.o.l...

Terry.
  • Options
    ....... $4grand ....

You haven't been smoking those funny little cigarettes in the ashtray have you ....?

Terry ;-)
  • Options
    ....... I have no idea where they get some of that info, they might be using the same ashtray as Leo's ...

Right now 03 EB's, 4x4 with all the stuff and miles in the 12/18k range are doing in and around that $29/$30ish figure and the XLT's, 4x4 5.4's are doing "around" the $25ish range ...

Sleepless in Seattle ...

Terry.
  • Options
    kevin1kevin1 Member Posts: 2
    Terry, thanks for the advise, you are the man!
  • Options
    Automatic, not manual tranny. Better detail provided in post 18292
  • Options
    dkuhajdadkuhajda Member Posts: 487
    You are still better off retailing it out yourself. Make it $7900 asking after a 100% detail, new tires, all maintenance up to date. You should be able to see $6-7K out of it depending on your market. Your V6 is still killing it for people who want to use it as a truck, this is not the 300 I6 is it? I thought the last model year they used that engine was 1995 or 96.

The miles and rebuilt engine (which should be visible if the dealer opens the hood) mean you will get a couple of hundred less than auction on it. We get full size extra cab trucks, 7 or so years old with 130K-150K for around $3000-$4000 all the time, depending on condition and options.
  • Options
    bigkelbigkel Member Posts: 1
    What should I expect out of a 2002 Avalanche 4x4 Z71, with 49000 miles. Burnt orange, leather, power seats, sunroof, XM Radio. I live in Phoenix, AZ

Thanks.
  • Options
    ...... Your welcome .. and don't forget to let me know what happens ......

Terry.
  • Options
    ...... If it's a nice one, even with all the miles and the rebuilt engine ~ ya know, deep rubber and it looks and feels like 50k .. then trade side, in and around the $4ish range ...

Down Retail Rd, great detail, wonderful ad and $7,900 *asking* and wave goodbye at the $6,0/$7,0 range, don't get greedy it still has 125k ... remember: the hand buys what the eye see's, and if a buyer is looking at a high mileage dirty vehicle, your going to get dirty money for it .. have it look tall with all the history and you should do fine.

It took him a few try's, but finally Dkuhajda got one right .......

Terry.
  • Options
    ........ Where do we park this critter ...?

Terry.