• Options
    driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
  • Options
    suvownersuvowner Member Posts: 4
    The truck is parked in my apartment complex. What
    type of trade-in value can I expect?

'00 Tahoe LT 4WD
    69K miles
    Minor scratches(will buff/detail for extra $)
    Pewter/Gray
    PW/PL/PS/Sunroof/Onstar/Homelink/Heated seats
    No 3rd row seats
    Replaced original grill with billet grill
    Liftgate w/rear wiper
    2K on newer tires
    Clean inside
    Passenger/Rear leather seats look great
    Driver's seat has leather that looks like 69K

Looking to trade in on new Tahoe Z71 or '03 Toyota Sequoia...also looking for your opinion on Sequoia as opposed to Tahoe?

Thanks!
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    What Terry meant was what city and state - it makes a difference.
  • Options
    bwbbwb Member Posts: 12
    Hello again

It is a 2WD
    red burgundy with awesome red/orange pinstriping with red (burgundy) cloth interior.
    windshield included
    the truck was born and raised in California
    1988 Ford 350XLT
    90K total miles (not rolled back)
    4 door crew cab
    8 foot bed
    diesel
    banks turbo
    after market package with lights, side steps etc.
    10,000 pound towing bumper, after market.
    after market exhaust and wheels
    duelly
    paint is in good shape (no oxidation, no rust etc.)
    Appreciate your opinion on real world value.
    Thanks in advance
  • Options
    rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ....... Finally, the light goes one ..

That Cummins will pull the Shuttle down if need be .. it's the tranny that will turn into particle board because of all the stress .l.o.l..

What type of trucks ..? 450/650's ..? Peterbilts, Kenworths, Volvo's ..?

Terry.
  • Options
    hydraulic log loaders, made for hauling short logs (20-22 ft or less).
  • Options
    ....... Born and raised in the land of Aaarnold .. 7.3 Dsl, 1 tonner XLT, 2wd, 4dr Cab, long bed, (auto.?), 90k and you say it's in good shape ......

If it runs like a scalded dog, tranny is strong, service is 110%, looks feels drives like a 98ish vehicle, deep rubber, interior is clean, no fill, no paint by numbers ... then trade side, in and around the $3/$4,0 range ... if it's a nice one, down Retail Rd $7,900 *asking* and $6,5/$7,500 should see a new owner pronto .. if it's clean and strong it won't last a week with a great Ad ...

Terry.
  • Options
    .......... ** The truck is parked in my apartment complex ** .....

tap tap tap ... is this thing on ..? .... testing testing .. hello hello ... tap tap tap .......

Oy Vey,

Terry.
  • Options
    ......... ** a local dealership had discovered that 45 of the used cars it had purchased for re-sale had had their mileage rolled back. ** ....

45 ..... ? it took 45 vehicles for this guy to come out of his Coma ....? .. Helloooo .! ... fourty five ..? doesn't anyone do a title search or a DMV before they buy them or at least 2/3 hours after .l.o.l. ... 45 ...?!?!?

Anyway, does the name Fiorello mean anything to the guy ..? .. he had one of the largest Chop Shops on the planet, even I know that and I'm 1,200 miles away ..... gheeez.

Terry.
  • Options
    suvownersuvowner Member Posts: 4
    The truck is in NJ.
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,352
    You will want to buff/detail it, and you will get extra $$$ for it. Try some leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats, you've got nothing to lose at this point. I would give the nod to the Sequoia if you plan on keeping it longer than three years. Either case, if you get a car with cowhides, clean and condition them every now and then and they'll last forever.
  • Options
    akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    FYI he has a V10 not a cummins......but either way, the engine will pull, but the tranny will um, flip the bird I think. Truck isn't designed to be used in that way.......its still, even though its a 1-ton, a light duty truck.

Anyway, looking at all makes, um, its hard to describe, but the link below shows what we are *hoping* to get. Right now we are just in the learning process, hubby will get his Class A driver's license here soon and then we can get a little more serious. We may have to buy just the truck, then have it outfitted as a short log hauler.

http://www.ozarkmachinery.com/Item8268.html

That one is a good example, but we are hoping to go a little newer.....according to the dealer that has this one its pretty trashed and needs work, but runs out pretty good. We are shooting for staying under $25k since this loan is coming from the hip national bank and its funds are limited.

Hubby's logging buddy is in the *looking* for a bigger logging truck stage, he hauls long logs.......wants hubby to get a short log hauler to haul the shorties. A little too much big rig truck going on around here these days......
  • Options
    Paying tax on car sales again and again and again on the same car is great for the State.
    Spent all day detailing a one ton, a lot of metal to be polished. Thanks.
    sincerely
    Ford 350
  • Options
    ........ Like I said, the Cummins wouldn't have a problem, it's the tranny that would cough up a lung .. the V10, thats a different story ....

Old Freightliner, huh .. I have a friend that deals with this kind of stuff so I emailed the big thing with the goofy lookin' hook on it and we can see what he thinks .. I bet the neighbors will love that thing parked in the driveway .l.o.l...

Terry.
  • Options
    ....... Your welcome, don't forget to let me know how things go ......... :)

Terry.
  • Options
    ........ In the land of the Soprano's ... no third seat ..? there's a big hit .. 4wd LT and I'm assuming it's a 5.3/5.7 V8 .? .. new round things, good color anywhere, slider, no Star, bun warmers ..

(Driver's seat has leather that looks like 69K) have you tried a low carb diet .? .....

Trade side, in and around the $16's, maybe the low low $17's depending on the V8, the miles and the no 3rd seat are going to "Whack" ya .....

Tahoe VS Sequoia .? .. Yota really hit the mark with this one and probably the only real "competitor" to the Nav, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon market .. but it's like anything else, "you" need to drive it and "like" it .. go to a dealer and drop your license off and take em' both out for an hour or so, your streets, your bumps, lumps and no salesman ....

Let me know how it goes ...

Terry.
  • Options
    Thanks, any help is appreciated, this ain't like car shopping.

Neighbors?? What the heck are neighbors?? Remember, we live in the middle of nowhere......we have 5 acres to park a beast like that on.

I take it you don't like V10's? Hubby loves that silly Dodge, I think it has all of 17k on it now.....while my Explorer is pushing 9200 on the ole' clock. After we get the big rig the Dodge will be reduced to a pretty yard ornament I guess, won't get used much that's for sure.
  • Options
    Sold to the first customer for $6,500, would of sold higher but the a/c is out (forgot to mention that). He also found a few odds and ends upon close inspection that will take a few hundred bucks to bring up to snuff in addition to the a/c needing fixed. So we have two happy campers. Thanks again.
    Brad
  • Options
    dealingbob1dealingbob1 Member Posts: 13
    I have the chance to purchase a 2004 Chevy LT Suburban w/ 5,000 miles, DVD, wheel flares,Lift gate, for $36,900.00 I am located in Denver, Colorado

any thoughts??
  • Options
    I have been offered $22,000 for a 2001 Chevy Burb LT / 53,000 ~~ Denver, CO.

Any thouhgts

Thanks
  • Options
    You almost got it right, but you didn't.......What year is that thing??
  • Options
    jlawrence01jlawrence01 Member Posts: 1,757
    Have had great luck with the "cheap" Pep Boys tires ... better luck than with the Goodyears and Michelins that I *used* to buy. I like the Futura 55k tires - for the ALero that would be about $160 OTD for all four tires ... just did it on my Ciera in November.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,882
    at a local high-end used car lot (not a dealer, so not starmarked).

A C230 Kompressor (the hatchback). A 2002 with 16K clicks on it. Looked in the wrapper (lot was closed, so we couldn't get in or drive). Medium blue, cloth interior. From the tag, looks like only option was the panorama roof and a power package?

Oh, and it was the 6 speed handshaking meatclever.

What would fair retail on this be, if it checked out clean?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    ............ The only thing thats sells these door stops is having them loaded up - no hydes, no auto ..? at least it has low miles ...

Depending on where it is, the dealer "maybe" "could" have the ultra high $13's, low $14's in it, might have gone blind and missed the "no option" package and have $15 in it, maybe ..... $16,5/$16.9 .?!? and get this loser out of here ... whats he asking ...?

Terry.
  • Options
    ....... Is the 04 an MSO (untitled) vehicle, demo, pre-owned ...?

-And-

is the 04 a 4x4.?

and is the 01 LT a 4WD or a 2WD ....?

Terry.
  • Options
    .......... Whats the question ....... ?

Terry.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,882
    the 2002 is tagged at $21,900 IIRC. Seems like you should be able to get the same car brand new for about 27K.

Heck, I'd probaly buy it myself for 16.5!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    dan7dan7 Member Posts: 6
    Hello, i wanted to get a idea of what is a good trade in value of my SUV, its a 2002 Lexus RX 300, with all the goodies, including DVD Navigation and premium package. It has 37,000 miles, all highway miles, and its been treated like a queen, its in excellent condition. I live in CT.
  • Options
     ........... Cloth, no options and it's a handshaker ... except for the slider and low miles it doesn't have anything going for it ..

Add $4grand in options low miles, leather, big tunes, 17"s, 5 speed Auto, all the stuff and they are only doing the tall $15's and being sold for $19,9 or less ..... $21,900 ...? ..l.o.l... ok, sounds good to me ...

Terry.
  • Options
    .......... I knew that dude wouldn't last long .. 2 days, now thats fast.!

Terry.
  • Options
    by brandmar1 Apr 02, 2004 (7:45 am)
    Sorry, I wasn't thinking.

2000 DII, 56500 miles, white gold, great mechanical condition, CD changer, lightstone leather, tan interior, running boards, brush guard with hella lights, dual sunroofs, heated seats and windshield, located in Mass.

3rd seat .? .. If we have deep rubber, no Kerry battles, no repaints, no I drove sideways down the hill, service is 100%, the interior is clean and the seats look hovered in .. then trade side, in and around the tall $12's, low $13's, might crawl towards $14 if it's super nice and needs -0- .. these dudes don't have the strongest resale value on the market, but they look nice ....... :)

Terry.
  • Options
    ... by rroyce10 Apr 04, 2004 (9:02 am)
    ....... Is the 04 an MSO (untitled) vehicle, demo, pre-owned ...?

~~~~pre-owned

-And-

is the 04 a 4x4.?

~~~~4x4

and is the 01 LT a 4WD or a 2WD ....?

~~~4WD w/autoride

Thanks for your help !!!!
  • Options
    ........ So basically, your trading for a $15grand difference .. right.?

Thats a great deal, you need to be there ..!

Good luck and let me know ...

Terry.
  • Options
    ............... Ho - hum .......

2WD ........................................?

4WD .............................................?
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Anyone have an idea where I can find the auction price of a 1999 or 2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner extended cab, 4 cyl, auto. tranny, 2WD, a/c, good condition with about 50K miles? I'm particularly interested in one of the Manheim auctions in central Florida.
  • Options
    edwardoplunketedwardoplunket Member Posts: 31
    Terry,

Do you have access to the subject data, and if so, can you provide recent auction sale prices for 2001-2003 2500 4x4 Suburbans (I am in Seattle)? I have scoured the web, and this data is generally not out there for the taking.

I have heard that some cars (Audi A8) are going for 10% less than Edmunds trade-in values at auction. I am hoping that Suburbans are in the same ballpark, but would guess that they are going closer to book. Please advise.

Thanks

Ed
  • Options
    arielthecatarielthecat Member Posts: 10
    Hi Terry:

I got your name from a kind person on the BMW board.

I am looking for a E39 ('03 530i). I have been searching for the last 60 days on all of the usual sites (cars.com, carsdirect, autotrader, etc.). I want the all weather package (heated seats), premium package and Xenon lights. I know the MSRP on this car was approx. 41-43K. Just 3 quarters ago, BMW dealers where getting a significant incentive (to sell) before the E60 came out (2004 model) which made the car a real bargain.

I am trying to find a '03 530i with 12K miles or less, with the options that I listed above for about for 37-38K. To me, this seems reasonable, however, a very large percentage of the cars on line and at the dealers here in Atlanta are selling at the E39 with miles on it (used) at MSRP (41K) and above! How can this be? Yeah, this is a great car, but to sell a car which you could have walked into any large BMW dealership in June or July last year and bought new for 38K and now pay more than that...well, it defies logic! Or, their are a lot of people out there who just don't know any better.

Any help, advice, direction, thoughts would be greatly appreciated I am willing to by this car anywhere within 750 miles of Atlanta. One more thing, it has to be white or silver--I know...this makes thing more a challenge, but hey, I have a great wife and she rarely cares about anything (she did not say anything about the '65 vette that I bought)...so the color and the seats where her only requisites.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    mirthmirth Member Posts: 1,212
    Terry's the expert, so listen to him, but one factor might be that the '04 530 is the Bangle version which a lot of die-hard Benz fans can't stand. So that might be driving up the price on the '03's.
  • Options
    kerleekerlee Member Posts: 1
    Hello, all -

I just placed an ad in the local paper trying to sell my 2000 Impala LS. I just wanted to see what you all thought I should be able to get for the car

1. From a private owner
    2. Selling outright (no trade) to a Chevy dealer

The car has a sunroof, leather seats, the 3800 V6 engine, and every single option available with the car except for a CD player. The car is red with a gray interior, and has 62,000 miles on it. The body has only one or two small scratches...it's in better shape than any other Impala I've seen on car lots.

Edit: By the way - I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Don't know if that helps or not. I'm the second owner. (Bought it a year and a half ago after a lease ended)

Any ideas? Terry - help me out, please! I've seen how helpful you've been for the whole time I've lurked on these boards (a few years now). Thanks to anyone that can help.

K
  • Options
    hi rroyce10,

its a 4wd, like i said it has all the options, leather, dvd navigation, roof rack, spoiler, the whole boat full...

thanks
  • Options
    ....... What kind of boat ..? Formula, Cobalt, Chapparal, Monterey, Bertram ....?

Soooo, it's a 02 4wd, we got the nav and 37k ... depending on the color and if it's knee deep in rubber, no Big Lot kisses, no KFC wings living under the seats, no I bounced off Aunt Bettys garage at the Super Bowl party .. trade side, in and around the high $24's, low $25's ....

Don't forget to let me know how it works out ...!

Terry.
  • Options
    ........ I'm kinda stunned - But .. that big old ugly thing with the hinky almost claw back-end is worth a little Jingle ...

I emailed that to a friend, and he says if it runs strong, everything works, all the hydro-lines are sealed (not leaking) and the Dsl doesn't have 5,000 hard hrs of running time, then it's probably worth $11/$12 big ones ... he just paid $7,500 for the same type in a 95 with *no cab/engine*, just the pick-it up part ............ so there ya are(?) .l.o.l...

Terry.
  • Options
    ......... Oh I'm sure a few do .. me, I'm still a Marlboro man .l.o.l....

If you remember, I called this one last fall .. with all the rebate monies and dealer incentives, the old "5" was one of the best deals on the planet .. with all the bad news on the New "7", dealers sitting on 6/9 months of high dollar inventories and with the new design of the 5 rolling at the Bimmer dealers they were getting a little nervous ..

I had a feeling this would happen - folks just ain't getting a hankering for it and buyers are snapping up the old style .. I have seen them do $36/$38 big ones with miles in the 6/15k range and Left Coasters are paying more than that .... ... 03 540i's are doing the $44/$46 range with 5/12k, so there ya are .....

Bangle has Bungled another one ....

Terry.
  • Options
    ........ Prerunner extended cab, 4 cyl, auto. tranny, 2WD, a/c, good condition with about 50K .. 00's that are super clean, super nice, looking and feelin' like 25k, their doing the high $10's, low $11's ....... why do you ask grasshopper.?

Terry.
  • Options
    Thank you a million times!! You are the best! After more info on that one we are going to pass, they said the hydrolics are leaking pretty bad so the self-loader (claw thingy on the back) needs to be fixed before its used. The truck was used in the woods, so probably some hard hrs on the old girl. BUT, we have found several dealers that carry them, so the search will continue, we aren't in any hurry, just waiting for the right truck.

Speaking of the woods, we just came in from there, hauled firewood today and cut some trees down......that was fun. Beautiful day, 50 degrees and sunny. The ole' Dodge sure loves her job hauling wood, just not too much, lol.

Thank you again!! When we find what we think is the right truck I'll drop you a line if ya don't mind.
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    "......that was fun. Beautiful day, 50 degrees and sunny."

Freakin' mother nature - it was about 35, windy, with snow sqaulls here in Boston today!!
  • Options
    Just $25,000???? I understand that that might be the basic price with no options, but mine has all the options.... and is in outstanding condition, i even put newspaper on the floors so it doesnt even have a scratch....

On edmunds it says that the the trade in value is $30,205.
  • Options
    Just a week ago we had 30 below zero, so I'm enjoying this weather......hopefully spring has finally sprung in Alaska.
  • Options
    Isn't this April??
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    My family went to New Haven this morning and the wife says "it's freakin' cold" up there. Being from the Ft. Lauderdale area, they're sorta out of their element, but the kids are in hog heaven.
    Hertz was supposed to rent them a '03 Mazda 6, and she was looking forward to driving one, since it's in contention for her next ride. Unfortunately, they gave her a 2 door Olds Alero and she's not a happy camper. Especially driving on unfamiliar roads with 2 of the kids and me being down here with the oldest. I told her Olds doesn't make that model any more, or any other for that matter, and she said she now knows why!
    Nice way to get back on topic, huh?

The Sandman, where the weather is a balmy 75degrees :-)