Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    Hello,

Could you please share the prices for 2006's through these membership services. I'm Costco member. The site does not have 2006 Sienna's yet. SamsClub would not forward the request to the dealer without membership number.

Is it like Ody's? Which is invoice+$500.
  • toolman3toolman3 Member Posts: 3
    I got a 2006 XLE FWD w/ FP (DVD RES moonroof leather etc just no Nav or camera)
    31100 This is in Western suburbs of Chicago. MSRP is 35,959 edmunds says invoice is 31,356 consumer reports (for various reasons I can only guess 30,747)

Started with quote of 32,555 got a costco price of 31,819 at a different dealership and shopped the price among three different ones to see who can deal the best, also got alot of warnings from all of them about how SOME dealers may add things or change the price or add things in etc. It was helpful. Needless to say some folks were not thrilled with me when they gave me a price that I shopped but you must be resolved to move around.

With the van,
    Pretty pleased so far. The ride is nice. The Sienna seems larger now that we OWN it. I have noticed alot of other Siennas in the neighborhood that have a crunch on the drivers side rear bumper (3 different ones) I'm on my best behavior backing this big boy up. I have noticed some of that sling shot effect trans shifting that some of the other folks have commented on but then it's a van not a sports car.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to hear from consumers who have researched have just purchased a new car over the past three/four months who had some “horror” stories or advice to share for new car buying customers. If you have a story to share, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info., city/state of residence, and the make/model(s) that you researched no later than Tuesday, October, 4, 2005.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• philg87philg87 Member Posts: 74
    With your 06 XLE can you tell me what size is your DVD screen? I was told all 06 XLE Ltd DVD screens increased from a 7.5 inch to a 9 inch can you on anybody confirm this?Thank you.

Phil
  • i26i26 Member Posts: 8
    Dealer called and quoted wife with $26454 for a 2005 LE w/ package 5, 7-seater. That is before tax, tags, title, registration. This is southeastern PA. Is this deal worth a thought or do we need to negotiate some more.
  • vango05vango05 Member Posts: 12
    There are "Discount Buying Clubs" throughout the US, Sam's Club, BJ's and Costco are three in my area. You become a member for an annual fee, and then buy goods online or in the warehouse store at less (theoretically) than retail. The drawback is the discounts are usually based on bulk purchases. They also use their club status to negotiate "discounts deals" on autos, boats, trips, almost anything! If you don't have a club nearby, Auto-by-tel and other auto buying services are available. I have found that 9 out of 10 times I can get a lower price this way. In theory, they get "Fleet Rates" based on the purchase of 5+ vehicles from the dealer, even though you are only buying one. Some dealers do better than others, but at least you've shaved off a layer of inflated prices. In one case, my son got the "Rock bottom lowest price anyone could give " on a new Mustang from a local dealer. My son bought that vehicle, one week later, from another participating dealer for $1200 less! 1st thing he did was drive through the local dealer's lot and wave to the salesman! On my 2000 Avalon, I called two club dealers. $1000 off MSRP was standard, but the 2nd dealer gave me another $1000 off to buy from inventory! It pays to check more than one dealer!
    Bought LE, 7 seater+ #5 in mid-August. Went to two dealers.
    #1 $300 below invoice #2 $500 above invoice
    $750 rebate $750 rebate
    Final Price: Final Price:
    $25023 $25688

Note: #1 also included Headphones (about $100 more)
    $26454 sounds high for Southeastern PA., especially since the 2006s are coming out.
    I'd call around, and mention "buying clubs" ((i.e.) "Do you honor buying clubs like Auto-by-tel or Costco?") Some will say they will match the club price.
    Here's a quick lesson in buying a vehicle!
    1. Know what the vehicle is worth (new or used) that you want to buy.
    2. Know what your trade is worth (Edmund's or NADA)
    - you will almost always make out better selling your car than trading!
    3. Use buying services, local or online to get a feel for the price range.
    4. Never get just one price.
    5. Know what rebates are available. Dealers are in business to make money. They are not obligated to tell you about the rebates. (Check Edmund's)
    6. If the vehicle is not in inventory, only put the minimum down to "hold" it.
    7. Read up on the "popularity" of the vehicle you want to purchase or trade. #1 in popularity means very few, if any in stock. i.e., the Honda hybrid Civic has a 4 month waiting list right now. You won't see a rebate on that one!
    8. 0% interest is not always free! It usually factors into the bottom line!
    9. Extended Warranties - be aware that a 7 year extended warranty is really only for 4 years if you have a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. You pay for duplicate coverage for the first 3 years!
    10. Several manufacturers have set up online discount buying through their dealerships. You may also try these sites.
    Happy Hunting!
  • apshanaapshana Member Posts: 1
    I am in Los Angeles. Bought a 05 EX Limited with CF option, without DVD or Nav options for $29,497 + tax and license. Added extended warranty 7 years/90000 miles for addtional $957. Got dealer to add 3 free oil changes to finalize the deal.

LA Times had an ad $7250 ($6250 + $1000 fact rebate) off MSRP from one dealer, took it to another dealer and asked him to match as they had the colour I wanted. It was difficult, but worked out in the end.
  • dhm1dhm1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2005 LE with Package #5 and possibly having the dealer put in an aftermarket dvd system. Can anyone give ballpark numbers on what an aftermarket dvd should cost. Thanks.
    Ok i feel stupid. I meant to say it was a 2005 LE 7-seater with package 8. It has DVD, trac. control, stability control, 10-speaker sound, airbags throughout, alloy wheels, etc...lots of goodies. $26454. Does this sound like a fair price?
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    When so many people shop at numerous dealerships? Is this the reason I have seen very few salesmen at a dealership for very long?
    When I have been "just looking", I tell the salesman immediately when he "pounces" on me. I also tell them I do NOT buy the first time I meet any salesman.
    My friend bought his new 2006 Sienna LE for $25,698 because it was exactly the vehicle he wanted, the price was fair, and he had talked to the salesman a few months ago when he met the salesman to "pre-qualify" the salesman after his friend had a satisfactory buying experience from that man. If I get a new Sienna, it will be from that same salesman. ;)
    I don't recall what package #8 list for, but it sounds like #5 plus 10 speakers & DVD. $26454 doesn 't sound bad. DVD add's from $1200 - $2000. You might consider after market DVD. I think they run from $100 - $400 for portable, and about $350 -$2000 installed. With the portable you keep the rear headphone system, which is a nice feature. Portables are more versatile and you can chose brand and features. If it goes bad, you drop off the unit, not the van. Do you want to be without a car just because the DVD didn't work? If you are into camping, the DVD is removable. Portables run from 5" to 12" screens too!
    Well the price is with DVD factory installed. As far as having a portable DVD player...I own a widescreen laptop and another compact laptop for stuff like that and both play DVDs. I do understand your point though. I am not into aftermarket because the warranty is probably less than that if factory installed. We are still negotiating price. Hopefully all goes well as I am tired of car shopping.
  • wisemannwisemann Member Posts: 3
    I am always dreaming to have a nice vehicle like toyota sienna XLE (limited?)
    I will not need nav nor res... definitely no aftermarket installation.
    Instead, I will use portable dvd for kids, garmin 2720 or magellan 760 for nav.
    To save more, I can use a laptop to play dvd and with GPS and ms map sw, I can have all in one.

Many years later, I can remove them from this vehicle before I trade it in for a new one, as if nothing there before.

BTW, the laptop can play MP3, so there is no reason for kids to ask for a ipod.

That is my dream.
    WalMart had a two screen 7" LCDs that play dual DVD or one can play onboard video games while the other watches DVD; sells for $248, $218 without the games. 8.5" with games for $155. That's a lot of $ saved for buying DVDs! I also have a 13" laptop that plays DVDs too. This SONY sells for about $300 or less now. DVD, games and mobile computing. Lot's of options out there. I don't know about Toyota, but Chrysler had a high failure rate on installed DVD systems. Portables also allow the front passenger to watch.
    Well we bought the van last night. Pick it up when they get the color we want next week.
    As far as watching DVDs in the front on a portable...you could get fined if caught. If it is not factory installed in the dash it is considered a driving hazard to have any viewable screen in the front seating area. Most install shops won't even do the install in the front dash unless they connect a cut off in the wiring so that when the car is out of park it will not work. Majority will not even take a bribe to forget that part because it is a huge liability if your in an accident and it was proven you had such a device on.
  • petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    hi...has anyone purchased an extended factory warranty on their sienna and what did you pay? thanks
  • wisemannwisemann Member Posts: 3
    You can purchase the extended factory waranty any time before your waranty expires. If stealership pushs you to decide at the time of your purchase, they are not honest. That is my understanding.
    I got a 7 year extended warranty for $750, plus Road Hazard on the tires and alloy wheels for $100/wheel. I traded a 2002 T&C from Enterprise that had an extended warranty I paid $1500 for 3 years. The refund from this paid over $500 back. :)
    Toyota has many different Toyota extended warranties with the best being Toyota Platinum that has ZERO deductible for anything except wear items like wiper blades, disc pads, etc. The entire amount will be refunded at the end of the Extended Warranty period (time or miles) IF the warranty was never used. ;)
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    "The entire amount will be refunded at the end of the Extended Warranty period (time or miles) IF the warranty was never used. "

Sorry , thats not true, if you you go over the miles and years , even if it is never used you will get nothing back. Thats on the Toyota backed Extended warranty.
    I have seen after market warranties that made this claim but they did not cover half, of the items that Toyota does. If you cancel the warranty while still in force
    you will get a prorated amount back.
    I heard that too. On the other hand, My 06 has a screen that is only 4.5 X 7.5 and even the diagonal only gets you about 8.5 . It may be that the DVD upgrade is just on the Limited with the Nav system? :surprise:

No matter The harness with the power outlets in the back are a nice + for purchasing the factory DVD it also includes jacks for gameboy inputs. all things I'm sure the aftermarket boys can do for serious $$ at which point you may as well pony up for the package.
    Say, If the contract that they offer doesn't say that it is Toyota does that mean that it's not? (ha Ha) The dealership claimed that as of 10/1 the company offering the Toyota extended warrenties was changing the look of the contracts. She claimed that it was the same etc, and honored at all of the Toyota dealerships. Even the numbers are the same she claimed. In fact though, the 1 800 numbers were different. She claimed that it didn't matter, we could put it through on the 'old paperwork' which we did.

Whats up? did my nose know a scam here? The 'other' operation was based out of Chicago while the Toyota Platinum coverage was offered out of offices in Warrenville, IL (Suburban Chicago)
    IF the extended warranty was never used.
    That is what my friend told me. I will have to ask him to let me read the warranty myself to verify the truthfulness. The Platinum Warranty is a genuine Toyota backed warranty sold to him by the Toyota dealership.
  • philg87philg87 Member Posts: 74
    thanks toolman3 i think the 9 inch is only on the limited which comes with power retractable mirrors and memory seats. i ask a sales person and they knew nothing what a help he was.
    According to the 2006 Sienna brochure I picked up last Friday, the available rear-seat entertainment system with a new 9-in. screen is available on LE, XLE, and Limited. (My 2005 Sienna brochure does not mention the size of the screen.)
    The 2006 Sienna models are listed as CE, LE, XLE, and Limited. The former XLE Limited is now called "Limited". ;)
  • 96pathfind96pathfind Member Posts: 22
  • 96pathfind96pathfind Member Posts: 22
    Interesting story. Yesterday, saw an '05 CE w/ cruise, roof rack sitting in front of local dealer, invoice minus $1000 rebate. This is the one we looked for this summer, but had decided to wait on an '06. Went home and called the dealer, said we'd be right out to talk about it. Got there 15 mins later, and he says, "oops- it just sold". IN 15 MINUTES? RIGHT! So, he says, "how about I get you one from another dealer? Of course, it'll cost you more, since we'll have to trade for it and pay to go get it. He gives me a price to do that of $21,647. I look PO'd, and basically let him know I feel I've been baited and switched. But, if he'd like to get rid of the '05 LE out front for the same price, we can talk. No way, he says. "So this is your best price", I say? Yep. So I have him give me a trade price for my Subaru so we can mull it over through the weekend. He comes back with a really low number for the trade, which I question. He "proves" it to me by showing me the KBB value, and I point out that the vehicle info on the page is NOT for my vehicle. I correct his errors, and sure enough he's way low. Another innocent mistake, right? So I tell him at that trade price, there's no way I'm giving him $21647 to go get me a CE. Game over. Not so, he says. They've now changed their minds, and want rid of the LE on the lot. He'll give it to me for $100 less than the CE price, or $21,547. I took it. To sum up, bought a white LE (no options) for $21547, which by my calculations is actual invoice (not the bogus Toyota invoice, which includes nearly $1200 in dealer holdback, "TDA" fees, wholesale something, etc) minus some $600. Unless Toyota is offering some type of additional dealer incentives, they made around $400 on the sale, and I got a great price on a vehicle. Pain in the neck, but worth the trouble.
  • scott_ohioscott_ohio Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for the late reply easye2. I really have know idea about where the rebate applied. I know there were many radio ads and newspaper ads in the Columbus area to unload '05's and select '06's.

I noticed there is a Carmax dealership going up in East Columbus Ohio ( Morse Rd. ) That will give local dealerships some competition!

SCott
  • vik1vik1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Scott,

Just got a quote for a 05 Sienna LE 8 passenger with pkg. # 6 and carpet mats. I am located in the North West and the quote given to me was $ 26,166 after the $ 750 rebate + TTL.

What do you guys think of the quote. Should I close the deal or negotiate further. This prices is about $200 less then Edmunds TMV.

Vik
    We got quoted for a 05 Sienna LE with package 8 for a slight bit over $26,400 after taxes, tags, title. This thing has DVD and tons of other things. Hopefully pick it up this week. I would negotitate some more. I could have got one for $25k without power seating and an aftermarker dvd installed but i had to have powerseating.
  • vik1vik1 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get this quote from. This is a great price!! Are you located near the Portland area? Can you send me a mail with the dealer name and contact details.
    Well we are located in PA. The dealer finally got the van from another dealer today. I am ready to give them a piece of my mind as they sure are taking their good'ole time. They said it may be ready for delivery to us tomorrow but if the paper work does not come from the othe dealer then we will have to wait till Monday. I am going to flip my lid if I have to wait till monday, when they r open Friday and Saturday.
  • wannasiennawannasienna Member Posts: 4
    I'm very interested in the 2006 Sienna, Package 8...the dealer said he was throwing in Toyoguard Plus, and mats. I have a quoted OTD price of $35,800. Is is possible that I can get it, lets say, at $33,700? Or am I trying to negotiate way too low? I haven't seen any posts for this year's model and pkg 8 yet.
  • bkrushbkrush Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to everyone here for all of the info on the Sienna. I read this forum a lot and just purchased a new 2006 LE #3 for $25,500 including the extended warranty and the prepaid maintenance package. The van drives like a dream and I am so glad I settled on the Sienna.

Only thing I can't figure out is...the pre-paid maintenance package comes with roadside assistance, but they never told me who to call if I need to use it. Anyone have an 800# handy? The brochure describes everything that is covered under the plan, but there is no number to call.

Also, in a nutshell...I ultimately settled on the Sienna for it's price and reliability. The DGC just doesn't have a good reliability record. I had one and it was awful. I have several neighbors who have newer DGCs and all of them are experiencing problems at only 20K miles...A/C, trans, mystery sounds, etc...

The Honda is a nice vehicle too, but a tad too pricey for me (for what you get). And they weren't dealing at all. Toyota had the right options at the right price and the reliability to go along with it. I love this van!

Thanks again.
  • abhaytabhayt Member Posts: 13
    Thats a great deal ....

I am from north NJ and also looking out for Sienna 2006 LE #3. The deal you have got is awesome when I compare to the quotes I am getting from dealers.

Any suggestions on how do get a great deal.

Thanks...
  • bkrushbkrush Member Posts: 3
    You really don't have to haggle anymore. Most dealers have "internet prices" on thier sites. Do some research on local dealers and find that price. When you go to buy (from any dealer) tell them you have a bunch of online prices and you know what you should be paying. They will probably skip the haggling and offer you the same price as you found online at a competing dealer.

I told my sales person I had several online quotes already from other local dealers. When I decided to buy, she disappered and came back with the exact same price as other online advertised prices. ($24,700 I think for an LE #3) the extended warranty then cost me $600 (I haggled the finance person for that price) and the pre-paid maint was $400. That put me at $25,700 - $200 for my beat up Caravan and I was at $25,500.

If you tell them up front at the start of the negotiations that you have online prices, it blows their ablity to haggle right out the window. My sales person never attempted to haggle once I told her I had my on-line prices from other dealers.

If you have to haggle, make it short. Offer them your firm price, if they don't bite, just leave. NJ prices may be more than here (I am in DC and have heard DC area prices are really good for Siennas), but you should still be able to locate some online prices.
  • abhaytabhayt Member Posts: 13
    Thanks a lot for the info Appreciate your assistance.

Any good online site which you could recommend. I did try requesting quotes from various dealers through their sites, unfortunately most of them did not come back with a quote but wanted to talk it out.

Also, please excuse my ignorance, if I may ask what is pre-paid maintenance ?

Thanks ...
    $25,500 is a better price than my friend's $ 25,698 for LE Pkg # 2 plus the $ 214 Carpeted Mats. He got the Toyota Platinum Warranty 7 year 75,000 mile with Zero Deductible for $1349 so you got a better deal there also.(IF your warranty is comparable).
    Odyssey EX would have been $28,206 with no extras and no extra warranty and GC SXT would have been $ 24,400 with no extra warranty.
    He too, went for Toyota relibility and a fair price.
  • ramblingwomanramblingwoman Member Posts: 7
    Did the $24,700 include any extras like floor mats also did that price include all charges including tax,tag and taxes? How many miles/years/deductible was the extended warranty for and what all did it cover? Also could you tell me what all is included in the pre-paid maint plan? Thanks for the great information.
  • sammycccsammyccc Member Posts: 13
    got an offer for 06 limited xle with pacakage 3 for 400 over invoice...any thought?
    Price the 06 Limited with package # 3 using Edmund's Pricing. Compare the TMV with the offer you have. Edmund's Invoice Price sometimes does not include all mandatory Toyota advertising, etc...but TMV pricing is a result of careful research by the fine folks of Edmunds.
  • sammycccsammyccc Member Posts: 13
    just took me by surprise it is 1 k below, that's why I just want to get some comments...
  • chansenchansen Member Posts: 6
    Last month I purchased a '05 Sienna LE. At signing I also purchased the 7 year/75,000 extended warranty for $1595, zero deductible. I've cancelled my warranty for a full refund and I'm going to buy it from another Toyota dealer for $640. After searching around online, I was disgusted to discover that the dealership more than doubled the price of the warranty on me. Anyone who paid more than $700 for the 7 year/75,000 platinum warranty may want to call around to other dealers and consider getting a refund.
  • ramblingwomanramblingwoman Member Posts: 7
    Does this warrenty just cover you from 36,001-75,000 miles when the 3/36000 factory warrenty runs out or picks you up at less than 36,000 miles if you still dont have 36,000 miles after the three years?
  • chansenchansen Member Posts: 6
    It is my understanding that this extended warranty is basically an overlap of the factory warranty. Whenever your factory warranty runs out, 3 years or 36,000 miles (which ever is earlier), the extended warranty picks up the tab.
    Could you name the dealership (or just city and state) where you got the 7year 75,000 mile Toyota Platinum Zero Deductible Warranty? You would be helping many new Toyota owners.
  • neeedvanneeedvan Member Posts: 17
    Can you pls provide the name of the dealership and city?
    I'm looking for the same Sienna and live in NJ and can travel to PA.
    The quote I got was for 27k.
    Thx
  • neeedvanneeedvan Member Posts: 17
    Can you pls provide the dealership name and city?
    Thx