Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    nmb333nmb333 Member Posts: 8
    That sound's like a great price. Could you please tell us where you live and what dealer you purchased from. My Father-in-law wants to buy one with AWD and I wanted to give him a fair negotiating point. Thanks
  • Options
    mamimami Member Posts: 8
    I am in MD. Paid $24,811.00 (add $$254.00 for tags) for a 2005 Sienna LE package 5 on 09/09. That's not a big difference but is it acceptable to you?
  • Options
    Any luck yet?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    If you have a problem with your vehicle, you'll have better luck posting here:

Toyota Sienna Owners: Problems & Solutions (2004+)

Also, it isn't a good idea to post your e-mail address in the body of your message.. You can make your e-mail address public in your profile.. just click on preferences to change it.

I'll delete this message, if you like.. just let me know.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sib390sib390 Member Posts: 1
    Hey all. I just picked up a 2005 Sienna LE 7 passenger w\ Package #2 & the "Summer Drive" package. It is a great van and so far I love it.

The Summer drive package is incredible! It is a 10.4" drop down screen with DVD. It also puts a backup camera inside the rear view mirror. The camera is automatically turned on when the van goes into reverse or can be turned on manually. This is great for backing up and also so there is some kind of rear view when the DVD screen is in use. With a 10" screen, there isnt much rear view left!

I was curious to see if this "Summer Drive" thing is a local dealer option or a national one. I have not seen much about in the forum so I am not sure. I thought it was a national option but wanted to ask. Does anyone else have this? Any cool information about it?

As far as price goes, I got it for $25,500 (not including TTL). I thought it was a good deal but you all may have a different opinion. Any info on either the price or summer drive package, I am open to discussion.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    chansenchansen Member Posts: 6
    Okay, thanks for the advise. Please delete the message.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    Done! Thanks...

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    frank26frank26 Member Posts: 2
    I also live in MD and could you please advise where did you get this deal? I am looking for Sienna 05 with package 5. Does the price $24811 include freight, tax, and processing fees? Thank you.
    Frank
  • Options
    scott_ohioscott_ohio Member Posts: 2
    I just closed the deal on this van. I researched with the Edmunds and others, visited the dealerships and price quoted online and over the phone. My best deal was via the internet quote system. The Byers Delaware dealership was straightforward over the phone and even called me back later in the week to alert me of a $1000 rebate for this weekend that would apply on top of my $600 rebate. The 45 minute drive was worth it. They even went to Indiana to get it for me!

$26,400 minus $1600= $24,800 on a MSRP of $29,000.

I don't know if it is rock bottom pricing but at least I didn't have to deal :mad:

It is an incredible amount to spend on a minivan however it should run for YEARS. This based on my 1994 Geo Prizm aka Corolla with 110,000 miles and no maintenance. :shades:
  • Options
    sriossrios Member Posts: 1
    In the process trying to make my first new car purchase. All is very confusing and I have read through most of this posting and I am even more confused. I have been looking at the CE and LE and I am leaning towards the CE because the price I am getting before the taxes and fees is $28,000. Seems like some of you have been getting the LE for the same price I am being quoted for the CE with Pkg #1 and ToyoGuard (which not sure it is worth it) or $25,000.

I took the TMV report in that I printed off Edmunds ($22,952) and the dealer was telling me it was not apples for apples. Also, dealer only wanted to give me $3000 for my conversion (TMV appraised at $7500). Told the dealer when they could work with me to give me a call. Of course they kept trying but never came close so got up and left.

Really just want to get a dependable and spacious van. Currently have a 98 Chevy Conversion van and spend way too much for gas. My husband wants the Toyota because it is reliable and I want it because of the 2nd row seating roll down windows.

What is reasonable price to pay in Florida? :confuse: :confuse:
  • Options
    chansenchansen Member Posts: 6
    I live in Texas and bought a '05 Sienna LE w/ Pkg #4 last week. It also has the extra mile plan B. MSRP was a little over $30K and I got it for about $26,800 before my trade. I don't think I got the best deal out there but I think it is fair considering the options. If I didn't have a trade I would have probably flown up to the Carmax dealership north of Chicago and purchased one of the vans listed on their website (www.carmax.com) No haggle price on a '05 LE w/ #6 is $25,238 and '05 CE is $21,268. I took the prices from carmax into my dealership for comparison and they told me they couldn't match them because they buy from different distributors and in Texas they buy from Gulf States Distributor. This may also be the case in Florida so they won't be able to match those prices, but at least it should keep them honest enough. I went with the LE #4 because of the airbags in all 3 rows. I could have lived without the power seats and power door, but I figured the safety was worth the extra $3K.

The price of $28,000 for a CE sounds very high. I would suggest talking to your dealer about the carmax prices and try to get as close as possible to those prices. If you've got the time and motivation for a great deal, you could go to one of the Carmax dealers. Good Luck.
  • Options
    siennarajsiennaraj Member Posts: 2
    Team,

Confused with Honda EX with 2 power doors and Sienna LE with 1 power door.
    Atlast, got a 2005 Sienna LE 8 passenger pkg#6 for 24146 MSRP 29146 ( with floor mats and door sills)

24146 + 5% MA Tax 1207 + 198 (processing fees) + Title 65 = 25616
    Is it sounds good price?

Thanks,
    Raj
  • Options
    abinabin Member Posts: 18
    It is not unusual to get a Sienna, a great minivan, with great price. I got my 4Runner from Carmax at Laurel, Maryland last year. They posted their inventory and price on internet. It took me less than one hour to complete all paper work and go. This one along with fitzmall are my favorite websites to browse even if I am not shopping for another vehicle (I wish I can).
  • Options
    easye2easye2 Member Posts: 26
    "alert me of a $1000 rebate for this weekend that would apply on top of my $600 rebate."

Hi, scott_ohio (or anyone else), would you mind clarifying the $1000 rebate for this weekend? Is this something that is true everywhere? Thanks.
  • Options
    tshih67tshih67 Member Posts: 5
    I live in the SF Bay Area and bought it at Walnut Creek.

If you are considering AWD I suggest you read the other message boards about the Run Flat Tire wearing out quickly, high replacement costs, and reducing gas mileage. I was thinking about the AWD, but after reading about the problems decided to just get the FWD.
  • Options
    tpwtpw Member Posts: 1
    Hello, all,

I purchased an'05 Sienna CE in March. Generally happy with it and grateful for this forum.

After driving a manual tranny for 30 years, it confirms some questions I've had about some sluggish acceleration....

Also, I have an intermittent problem with both side doors not latching open. They work fine most of the time but occasionally they will not latch open.

I can manually 'spring' the latch and make it latch but should not _have_ to do that!!

Dealership says they are aware of the problem but cannot fix it because they don't have a bulletin on it yet. They're saying to repalce the latch assy with another would not guarantee a solution. They've put me on file with the problem and say thay are aware of it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

TPW
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi tpw,
    We like to keep this discussion focused on pricing and the purchasing experience. If you would like to discuss ownership issues with your Sienna, please visit our Toyota Sienna Owners: Problems & Solutions (2004+) discussion, where other owners will be glad to share experiences.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    My friend paid $25,698 + taxes, title, Doc fee, etc.for this NEW 2006 Sienna LE with MSRP on sticker $ 26,949. Just a little lower than Edmund's TMV. ;) ( Honda dealer wanted $28,206 for Ody EX with MSRP $ 28,945 with TMV $28,457.)
  • Options
    donnie2494donnie2494 Member Posts: 14
    ok hows 3500 off sticker and 2500 for trade in. does that make sense? or how about 4000 for the trade and 2000 off sticker or maybe 5000 for the trade and 1000 off sticker. no matter how you add it up it's 6000 off sticker.
  • Options
    donnie2494donnie2494 Member Posts: 14
    the side doors won't latch if the rear windows are open. i think this is a safety feature so kids arms don't get caught up in them.
  • Options
    I apologise for not responding sooner. Bought mine from Fitzmall, Black Forest, Gaithersburg. Yes, freight is included. No, tax and processing fees not included.
  • Options
    richardt1richardt1 Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone please tell me what a fair dealer profit would be for a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE FWD? Thanks.
  • Options
    hungkimhungkim Member Posts: 6
    hello,
    where do you live? I live in Michigan, do you think i could get the same deal?
    Thank you
  • Options
    Hello,
    I am looking for a 05 Sienna with any package, but preferable package #6 or better. I live in Michigan. Does anyone know the best price for the vehicle?

Thank you for your help
  • Options
    The difference is, you pay less tax when the markdown is bigger.

Good citizen always pays tax as required.
  • Options
    homer_05homer_05 Member Posts: 3
    Guys-
    Just got a quote for 2005 LE Pkg#2 for $23,000. What do you guys think? Is it reasonable or a rip-off? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    if this is 06 model, it is fantastic price. go and get it before it is gone!
  • Options
    The quote was for a 05 LE model not 06.
  • Options
    My friend got a 2006 Sienna LE with Pkg # 2 and carpeted mats for $25,698. Your price is
    $2, 698 less for the 2005. Would it be worth almost $2700 to have a one year newer vehicle with a few more items standard?
    The 2005 LE pkg # 2 also included rear seat audio system which is not in 2006 LE pkg # 2. However, all 2006 LE have curtain airbags for all 3 rows, the new Optitron Instrument Cluster, 6 disc in dash CD player, and MP3 connection.
  • Options
    MP3 connection = aux?
    I wish they have CF/SD slots or USB port for playing MP3.
  • Options
    salstersalster Member Posts: 1
    I think we have a good deal, not the best deal (which would be at Carmax 6 hours away), but just wanted to double-check here and get some opinions. We have not signed any papers but the car is here and we'll hand over the check tomorrow if we're sure.
    Here are the details:
    2006 LE 8-passenger, desert sand, with pkg #2 (I think this is "Pkg #1 up north) which is the power sliding door on the right side and carpet mats and homelink.
    MSRP: 25,280 Invoice: 25061
    Offer from Toyota of Wilmington (NC) is $24900. They are giving us $1500 (!) for our 1992 Toyota Camry Wagon with 170,000 miles on it (explain that one), so including ttf the out the door price is $24437.
    We're figuring we'll install a Best Buy 10" DVD after market rather than pay the $2K for the summer drive pkg, saving us about a thousand. Anyone have thoughts on this?
    Should we write the check tomorrow?
  • Options
    wayne10wayne10 Member Posts: 1
    We are debating on buying a 2005 LE 8 passenger, with side curtains & alloy wheels - pk#6. Anyone willing to share their 'good deal' purchase price?
  • Options
    I did some more negotiation and got it down to $22,700 and also added floor mats.
  • Options
    brucelosisbrucelosis Member Posts: 1
    I'm picking up that very vehicle this Friday, 2005 LE 8 passenger w/ pkg #6 as well as the floor mat/door sill protectors in Silver for $25,777 less $1000 rebate. Final price $24,777. I was given a quote by another dealer for $25,577 less the $1000 rebate, but that was only after I gave him the aforementioned quote and he quickly undercut it by $200. It's a crappy way of doing business (his original quote, before I "showed my hand", was $26,100) and I said no thanks. The other dealership is closer anyhow. The moral of the story though is the dealerships are willing to deal, especially this close to the end of the month.
  • Options
    That is $3,000 better than my friend's price for a comparable 2006. I personally think the grille of the 2005 is more attractive than the new 2006 but the instrument panel of the 2006 is VERY attractive. ;)
  • Options
    I just noticed that, the 2006 Sienna has 215 hp at 5600 rpm, while 2005 Sienna has 230 hp at same rpm, 5600. More than one website has this information including Bill Gates' car store.
    Are thay supposed to be the same?
  • Options
    dunkertimdunkertim Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a Sienna 2006 LE 7 passenger with Pkg #2 and floor mats. MSRP was around $27,600. We had a 2000 Chevy Suburban LS to trade. Their initial offer was $25,995 and $6,500 for the Suburban. I countered with $23,995 and $8,500 for the Suburban. They tried the old "Let me get my manager, I can't go below dealer invoice" trick, brought out a new closer, who proceeded to start the negotiations out at MSRP and $6,500 for the Suburban. Walked out of the dealership.

Got 3 calls over the next two days. Ended up with this deal:

$24,995 and $8,000 for the Suburban.
  • Options
    dunkertimdunkertim Member Posts: 2
    OOPS - I used the wrong MSRP, we were looking at a couple of 2006's. The one we eventually purchased actually had an MSRP of $28,268 - this included dealer prep and documentation fees.
  • Options
    dduffydduffy Member Posts: 4
    My local dealer did not have the '05 with Package 5 in a color we wanted so they located one 200 miles away. There opening offer was for their invoice as it is shown on the their computer which was 26952.10 and Edmund's and chromecar have it listed at 26000. Additionally, they would not charge me to get the car from the other dealer and I had to give them the $600 rebate that is being offered.

Initially I thought that was a good deal but I am wondering if I can get a better deal. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    I got 05 , 7 LE, pack#6 24,900 with 1000 on rebate (not included taxes)
  • Options
    xtigerxtiger Member Posts: 2
    25k-1k rb- 400 college grad=23600, with some 5%, good?
  • Options
    dduffydduffy Member Posts: 4
    Update... I utilized the car buying service of my bank and they found another dealer who had a Sienna with the Traction Control, turned out it was an '06. Final numbers are:

'06 Sienna LE 7seater
    w/ Pkg. #4
    Cargo Net
    Windows tinted
    mud guards front tires for:
    $26,400
    Cavendar Toyota San Antonio, TX
  • Options
    artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    Anyone know what new incentives will replace those expiring on 10/3? I have my eye on an XLE but thought the pot might get sweeter on Tuesday.
  • Options
    good deal
  • Options
    toyo_van_ownertoyo_van_owner Member Posts: 31
    We just bought an LE 8 seater w/#2 package. It was a much better deal around here compared to the 2005 even with rebates because I had to have side curtain air bags, but didn't really care about the other bells and whistles.

We paid $26,800 OTD. Note: We are in the southeast where Toyotas have an additional advertising fee added to their invoices, so keep that in mind when deciding what a good deal would be in another part of the country.

Anyway, a very pleasant experience here in Raleigh near the airport, absolutely no complaints. I had tried to buy one in Durham, but was treated horribly.

I'll post the name of the dealership we used if its allowed - not sure how much information is permitted.
  • Options
    toyo_van_ownertoyo_van_owner Member Posts: 31
    Forgot to add - its a 2006, Salsa red, no other options added except pin stripes.
  • Options
    i26i26 Member Posts: 8
    We are in southeast PA and the sticker price is a tad over 31k. They acted like the $750 rebate ending tomorrow is the greatest thing ever. What reasonable price should i be able to get this van for? I am not the best negotiator and could use any and all advice. Am I going to get nailed with this "advertising cost" I hear about? What other fees are involved that I will get hit with at closing time? Thanks for any info you could help me with.
  • Options
    vango05vango05 Member Posts: 12
    My experience has been use a discount buying service like Autobytel or Costco/Sams Club etc. is the best place to start. These typically use fleet rates, and are adjusted for your area. Invoices are just a starting place. One dealer tried to tell me the invoice was different from dealer to dealer. Bottom line is the bottom line! I got $300 below invoice, plus $750 rebate on an LE with pkg#5 from Dealer #1. Another dealer was $500 above invoice, plus $750 rebate. There was still room with both dealers to haggle. In the end, the second dealer gave me $1000 more on the trade. He was still only $300 lower when all was said and done. Most dealers will discount more for "in stock" purchases, but here again, they can ussually "trade" another dealer for what you want.
  • Options
    vango05vango05 Member Posts: 12
    I bought an LE with #5 in August. I got a $2600 discount off MSRP, plus $300 Plus rebate. I would expect about $3000 - $5000 off MSRP on a 2005 at this time. Some dealers will quote by email or phone. get 3 or 4 quotes. I bought in Phila suburbs. Ask if they honor "buying" services like Costco or autobytel. Some will "match" the price even if they don't belong.
  • Options
    i26i26 Member Posts: 8
    Just curious as I am unaware what Costco is. I looked it up on the web and it seems like a car accessory site. What am i missing here? Thanx for your advice and such, I am appreciative.