Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    zhanghuyizhanghuyi Member Posts: 3
    Is this the final OTD price including tax/fee/tag? I get a quotation of exact package (LE, 8 passenger, option package #4) for $26250 OTD. maybe able to get below $26000, but don't know how low it will be. thanks
  • Options
    zzwuzzwu Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for $25858 exactly the one in your poster. Does anyone have any idea about this price?
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I think that is a good price. Good but not great. That's just my opinion though.
  • Options
    zhanghuyizhanghuyi Member Posts: 3
    That sounds good to me if it is the final out-door price. The quotation I got is $26173 + 3% tax + $398 documentation fee + $74 tag - $1250 rebate = final out-door $26250. This in Raleigh, North Carolina. Where are you?
  • Options
    jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Member Posts: 51
    After months of shopping, I purchased this weekend a 2006 Sienna XLE 2WD package #6 for $6,000 under MSRP. The details: $34,519 MSRP (including destination and floormats), $30,892 invoice, $29,519 purchase price less $1,000 rebate = $28,519. Add $2,439 taxes, $263 license fees, and $45 doc fee, final OTD price $31,266.

I got quotes from numerous Bay Area dealers and can recommend many of them. However, in the end I purchased from Hanlees Hilltop Toyota in Richmond because they not only had the best price but, most importantly, their Internet manager provided outstanding customer service.
  • Options
    pz1234pz1234 Member Posts: 4
    Apparently I have to factory order a SIENNA 2WD with PACKAGE #8 and CF (mats/door sill). I hope they actually can build this with this package. Does anyone know?
    contracted for $33,865 destination included (taxes and DMV extra)
    Good price?
  • Options
    amansinghamansingh Member Posts: 1
    Can someone advise what they paid for the following

2006 SIENNA XLE 7-PASSENGER FRONT WHEEL DRIVE with PACKAGE #5

COLOR CHOICES
    Slate Metallic
    Blue Mirage Metallic
    Silver Shadow Pearl

STONE LEATHER INTERIOR
    PACKAGE #5 - OPTION COMBINATION #B

Was this without the rebate or with the rebate?
  • Options
    The price sounds good. The last TMV I pulled on an XLE Pkg. 8 was at $34,000ish.
  • Options
    pz1234pz1234 Member Posts: 4
    My price but with Package 8 and CF included the rebate.
    So you can probably calculate from there what you should be paying. You just have to consider the invoice pricing. So deduct from my price the invoice price of package 8 and CF and then just add the invoice of Package 5.
  • Options
    nickelnickel Member Posts: 147
    Remember that different states have different taxes, so the main comparison should be the price without taxes and documents.
  • Options
    jpragasamjpragasam Member Posts: 9
    I believe the invoice price for XLE with Pkg#5 will come around 30,600. If you could find a dealer who sells atleast 1K below invoice and then adding the 1K rebate will bring down the price around 28,600+++ and this is a pretty good deal. I got my XLE with Pkg#6 for 28,612+++ (that is around $1500 below invoice)
  • Options
    jshwallacejshwallace Member Posts: 1
    What did they add to the 28,612. Just tax, tag, and licence? Did you have a trade or anything? Was the price 29,612, then you got the 1K rebate? Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    jpragasamjpragasam Member Posts: 9
    Right, 29,612 before the 1K rebate. I did not have a trade. The OTD price after including the tax, tag, licence and doc fee was 30,585.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Any recommendations for dealerships in the Lexington, MA area? I have some friends who are looking and wanted to know if anyone had experiences with the local dealerships.
  • Options
    papiortizpapiortiz Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote in your area for $23,100 after the rebate for the same package. Your quote is the lowest I have seen regionally. I would be interested to know where you got it!
  • Options
    canadianexpertcanadianexpert Member Posts: 3
    i'm looking for a good price on a fwd le package#4(BZ) plus floormats and door sill (cf) and was wondering which dealers in Las vegas or Southern california will sell at invoice. one dealer in vegas gave me a price of 25950(showed me his invoice price?) plus 400 a $1000 gas card was offered with 3.9 financing for 60 months,which was higher than edmonds invoice of 25334. doc fees are 399 is this reasonable? I would travel to sothern cal if i could find a quality dealer(any excuse to beat the heat for a couple days). Also what's a fair price for an extended warrany 7/100000/0. Any help would be appreciated on the numbers. :)
  • Options
    mgoldsteinmgoldstein Member Posts: 58
    I want to purchase a Sienna AWD with LE Package #1 (AM) and Preferred Premium Accessory Package (Z1). The MSRP price is $30,422. Several questions:

1] Edmunds and KBB both list the invoice as $27,229. Two dealers said the invoice was $27,779. Why the difference? Which is correct?

2] Having trouble in Allentown PA area finding anyone willing to consider anything less than 1% over (their) invoice. Is this the same elsewhere?

3] One dealer actually told me that Toyota would not "allow" them to sell below invoice. They even had 6 2005s on the lot; I was drooling for a good deal on a year-old model; but salesperson stuck to the 'nothing under invoice,' even for the old ones. Is this the truth?

4] It seems I missed the $1000 rebate that ended on 7/31. Any new ones coming? Certainly they will give some more rebates to clean out 2006 stock? Right?

--MLG
  • Options
    whopprwhoppr Member Posts: 13
    So I took the plunge. I got LE Pkg #1, Blue Mirage for $22,400 OTD. The price I mentioned previously at $22,200 didnt include the doc fee. I explained to the dealer that I didnt care what he charged for the doc fee. It could be $500 and he could charge me $20,000 for the car it would be a better deal than someone higher with no doc fee.. All I care about is what my OTD price is. So bottom line price $22,400. No hassles and very happy.

I bought in IRA Toyota, Manchester, NH. They treated me very well and professionally and was very happy with the experience.

A good bet would be to contact Boch Toyota in the MA or NH area and see what they can offer. They were at the $22,200 but had a $300 doc fee. All in all Boch seems to be the most competitive because of their volume.

I looked at MANY dealers in the area and would be happy to email you some tips, experiences, and what I found to be successful.

My only regret!!?? I bought the extended warranty through the dealer. $1600 when all was said and done. I went in completely prepared to reject this offer since I knew I could buy it later. What caught my attention was the clause they now have at this dealership that says if you dont exercise the warranty you get your full money back. How do they do this? Well Toyota still underwrites the warranty and they partner with an insurance company to cover the pay back if people never use it. Two separate products basically sold as one.

I believe I have 30 days to cancel and will probably do so.

Like I said, I would be happy to email you to give you some ideas with regard to negotations that I found successful. I can post to the board as well for those interested.
  • Options
    estoesto Member Posts: 136
    1] Edmunds and KBB both list the invoice as $27,229. Two dealers said the invoice was $27,779. Why the difference? Which is correct?

I would assume the difference is the regional advertising charge (does Toyota call this "TDA"?). Edmunds does not list this, as it varies by location. It is a real charge to the dealer. Edmunds discusses this on their website somewhere.
  • Options
    gig1974gig1974 Member Posts: 1
    Does pkg #4 have or not have VSC+TC? According to the Toyota web site, it does not, but all the other packages do, so I was wondering if it's a typo?

-- I am new to this forum, just researching Siennas and Odysseys, trying to decide between them.
  • Options
    dl016ddl016d Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am going to buy a sienna soon. I would appreciate if you can post your tips here. So the price you paid $22400 is about invoice minus $2000, did you also get the 0% APR?

Thanks.
  • Options
    vb1589vb1589 Member Posts: 11
    Hi Do you mean $22400 out the door ( including Tax and title, etc..) Or just the price you paid with out tx and title.

I am interested to buy a sienna LE base model.Can you give m emore specifics.
    thanks
    Vj
  • Options
    bcash14bcash14 Member Posts: 8
    Just a general question - from your experience(s), how do the CarsDirect prices match up with your best negotiated prices? Same, better, worse? I'm finally breaking down and getting a XLE-Limited and the prices on CD seem to be much better than any offer I've been able to negotiate at the dealerships so far (although I found one dealer willing to match the CD price).

Thanks for the responses!!
  • Options
    I think I did better than Cars Direct. I think cars direct quoted a very fair price. It gave me a benchmark... For the LE Pkg #1, the price was about $23,500 I think. I found www.fitzmall.com informative as well for a price to beat. Both I think offer fair prices, you should be able to do better... As I mentioned above, I walked out with $22,400.
  • Options
    Hi...

I havent registered the car yet. Im in NH so I dont pay tax. The only additional fee I have is my registration here in NH; some goes to the town and the rest to the state.

Not sure if my terminology is off, but I drove the car away for $22,400. I dont think the actual registration can be done at the dealer since in NH it depends on the town you live in as well so it needs to be done at the town hall.

So out the door includes all doc fees excluding fees I need for actual registration, which needs to be done after the purchase.

This make sense?
  • Options
    Thanks , In our state , I think it's law I guess . If a dealer sells the car (used/new) it's his responsibility to get the new Title , Registartion , sales tax. ..
    We got 7.75 % sales tax in my county.
    We will say only after paying every thing " Out the Door" .

SO thanks for clearing. ..

-Vj
  • Options
    I would ignore the fact that they say they cannot sell under invoice- that is the exact reason why they STILL have 2005s.

What kind of 2005s do they have?
  • Options
    I am also looking for a 2006 LE AWD, It's not quite clear to me what's the final deal you got. Did you pay $27325 with 3.9% APR or 26325 with 3.9% APR?

Thanks.
  • Options
    volvomomvolvomom Member Posts: 5
    Purchased a 2004 Certified Sienna from an out of state Toyota dealer. Drove home and noticed small issues (steering wheel wasn't straight, wind noise on highway) so took it to local dealer for repair. Local dealer says that the hood, headlights, front fenders, a rear fender and bumpers had been replaced so they feel the vehicle was wrecked at one point. (Car fax checked out ok.) The front axle is ok and they are still checking out the rear axle. Seats rattle, dash rattles and I sometimes hear a squeak from underneath the car while driving slow over bumps. IF in fact we can prove it has been in a wreck the dealer is going to buy it back. Dealer wants to send it to another body shop of their choice for a 2nd opinion so I said OK but I will also take it to a 3rd one of my choice. At this point I don't even want the car - how will I know the truth??? Anyone know what I can do and what recourse I have? I paid $26,800 for a 2004 Limited with DVD, 29,000 miles. Needless to say I am sick over this.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Are you saying that the selling dealer is volunteering to take it back if they are convinced that it was previously in a collision? Or that a buy-back is your goal?

You are describing an amount of damage that anyone at all conversant with body repair will be able to see - and there should be no need for a third opinion.

I could be wrong but I believe original Toyota panels (like Honda's) are all tagged with the VIN on a sticker. If so, the absence of any such stickers is a dead giveaway. Carfax is hardly infalliable.
  • Options
    pdsouzapdsouza Member Posts: 5
    I just baught this for 31,299 + tax lic with the 0%.
    Was this a good price?
    I also opted for the teflon paint protection for 395, I've paid for it bit have not got it done yet.
    Anybody have any experience with this. I may be able to get
    a refund for that so I'd like ot know.

Also any would like to know if anyone got the service plan.
    I paid 1195 for it(4yr/55K). Does anyone know it is worth it.
    I was also told by a friend that you can go in for a service every 4 months instead of the 6 month /5k oil change that they allow/approve.

My understanding is that the service plan includes 3 major services at 15/30/45 or so.
    Any idea if this is only labor cost coverage?
  • Options
    segseg Member Posts: 5
    I have been looking for an LE Package #3 or #4 in the Allentown area. One dealer was $100 over invoice last Saturday but did not offer a good trade allowance (below Kelly Blue Book). Last month a dealer in Pottstown was at invoice, but again a low ball trade offer. Either dealer would have honored the price without the trade. I visited the dealer with all of the 05's. I got the same response - invoice and no rebate. I am curious how you make out.
  • Options
    I am looking for LE AWD with package 2, I got quotes from a couple dealers. It's the invoice with rebate or invoice price with 0% APR. Anyone got invoice with rebate and 0% APR?
  • Options
    jbrscotjbrscot Member Posts: 5
    $27,325 with 3.9% APR
  • Options
    chatheechathee Member Posts: 1
    You will thank me for this. I saw a 2006 (new) Sienna FWD XLE - Silver Shadow Pearl with package #3 for the internet price of 28.5K + 599. I think it is a great deal in Florida. If anyone is interested in this, let me know I will give you the link and contact number.

Silver shadow pearl is a great color. Interior on this is fabric. But package #3 has moonroof, stab control/traction control, alloys (but i think 16"), power drivers seat, power sliding doors and rear hatch, rear disc brakes, .... and best of all memory seats/mirrors. Please check the specs on package #3 at edmunds (i think i am correct, but not 100% sure).

I am only passing the information. I bought a similar one a few months ago. This one beats my deal by about $600. Then again prices are dropping because 2007s will be arriving soon.
  • Options
    volvomomvolvomom Member Posts: 5
    Have you heard that Toyota often replaces body parts at port due to "black dust" or US compliance issues? They are telling me this can happen - although with 3+ replaced body parts they can't certify the vehicle. How will I be certain this vehicle is OK? Plus I paid for a cert. vehicle.
  • Options
    bcash14bcash14 Member Posts: 8
    CarsDirect - Is this a joke????

I went to my local dealership with my CarsDirect quote in hand and they were able to beat it by over $400. I thought (and still do) think it was a good deal so I bought it on the spot. Plus, the dealership happened to have my #1 color choice and the exact package (Sienna XLE Ltd w/ Package #3 and a couple of other items like rear spoiler, etc). When I replied to my CarsDirect "Personal Car Shopper" with the news, here was his reply...

------------------------------------------------
    Leads like you take our time away from people who needed our service. Not every need to save a couple hundred dollars on a 30K car like you. Many like you also go to an extends to give misleading information to save that dollar.

You have been through our site many times. You should have a clear understand what we offer and do, I hope. Just like HP, we are not sponsored by the Government.

I have been assigned to be your Personal Car Shopper from now on forward. If you are EVER in a market for a vehicle and are interested in using us, please do not place any request. Please contact me directly only.

CarsDirect.com, America's #1 way to buy cars online, not for you thought.

Tony
    -------------------------------------------------------

After attempting to interpret his email, which wasn't easy due to his spelling and grammar, I chuckled and figured I'd post his reply for all to see.
  • Options
    Hi , I got quote from my local Toyota dealer Sienna LE base price including Destination charges for $21,937.

Is this a good price?

Vijay
  • Options
    pdsouzapdsouza Member Posts: 5
    does this include the $1000 rebate?
    if not its a good deal.

with your own financing you should be looking at about 1500 below invoice. with the toyota promotional financing 500 below invoice.
  • Options
    Yes, the rebate included in the price.

They are advertises as 1.9% or rebate offer.
  • Options
    Vijay...

This seems like a pretty good price.

Include Doc Fees? you should check if you havent already.

As I posted earlier, I got $22,400 including doc fees and destination charges, but it was with the LE pkg. Invoice on the LE is $504 so this looks pretty close to what I got. Not positive if I could have gotten much lower but I might have gotten a little lower with more negotiating.

Also not sure if this includes tax on your end either.

I also took the rebate.

hope it helps

Whopper
  • Options
    seranikoseraniko Member Posts: 27
    with the base model, incentive included, you should not be paying over 21k plus t&l.
  • Options
    Thanks Whopper,

I guess I have to pay $21937 + Licencefee + doc fee + title + Registartion + (7.75% tax) .
    The rebate is included in the price.

So its pretty much 24K+, Without any LE package and addons.
  • Options
    rkdrkd Member Posts: 8
    Hi
    I am getting 2006 XLE with Package# 6 (FC) & CF package for $28135. This includes the 2K rebate. Tax, tags and doc fee is extra.

How is this price?

Thanks,
  • Options
    jonnyboy7jonnyboy7 Member Posts: 51
    $2k rebate? Isn't it $1k?
  • Options
    rkdrkd Member Posts: 8
    The rebate has increased to 2K for this month
  • Options
    dburnrphdburnrph Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am on the market for a Sienna and test drove yesterday 08/09 and was offered the $1000 rebate. I am in Ohio. When does the $2000 rebate start and is it on all Sienna models and in all states? I have not find anything on the web as of yet. Thanks.
  • Options
    patatapatata Member Posts: 1
    2006 Sienna CE, package #1
    zip - 53711
    MSRP = 24850
    Invoice = 22862 (from CarsDirect.com; $485 more than edmunds)
    Rebates = 1500
    Holdback = 497
    Est Tru invoice= Invoice - Rebates - Holdback = 20865
    TTL = 1147 + 95 + 123.5 = 1365

$21424 is edmunds.com what others pay price (before TTL, $22820 OTD)
    $21462 is target price from CarsDirect.com (before TTL, 22860 OTD)

Got two quotes:
    1, $21433 before TTL ($22829 OTD with Carpet Floor Mats)
    2, $22673 OTD

Is this a good price? What's the possible lowest price? I appreciate all ur help!
  • Options
    top one doesnt look too bad .. Incidentally you will probably get some good feedback on the FATWALLET post. I assume you posted there as well since a post looked similar. I thought it was very helpful...

Make sure they dont sneak in Doc fees. Or advertising for that matter.
  • Options
    dtrickerdtricker Member Posts: 3
    Folks, MSRP on these are in the 41,200 to 41,600 range. What should the price be nowk[....