Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dtrickerdtricker Member Posts: 3
    more details.... XLE Limited w/ ltd. package #3. non-AWD.

What should be the competitively placed best price for these now? not including tax, tag and license fees -

Is $7,000 of MSRP (i.e. $34,500) on MSRP's of $41,500 a competitive deal at this time in August, given new 07 Hybrid Siennas coming out?
  • Options
    mahalumahalu Member Posts: 5
    Where did you get this price? I would like to get the same vehicle.
    Thanks alot,
  • Options
    I've been looking at that vehicle and my local internet guy (portland, OR) is telling me $36,654. is his best price. Where are you located? Did you buy it?
  • Options
    dtrickerdtricker Member Posts: 3
    located in Georgia... $34,900 XLE limited w/package 3.
  • Options
    volvomomvolvomom Member Posts: 5
    It has been determined by 2 body shops that my car was in a front and rear-end colission with over $5000 of damages. We are working with the dealer but at this point they say they will buy back IF I purchase another vehicle from them! We are ready to file a complaint with the attorney general's office and hire an attorney. Repairs look recent. Not on carfax so possibly damages occured while in this dealer's possession and they repired without reporting it to DMV.
  • Options
    rkdrkd Member Posts: 8
    chicago,
    what are they quoting you?
  • Options
    In Portland,OR I am getting told $30,395. + and they would be getting my one owner 2000 Camry LE with -60,000 mi for $6900.00. I just think with it being the end of the model year, slowing economy, gas prices, etc. that they should be coming down on price. Also I could buy top of the line Hondey Odyssey, DVd, nav, etc for the basic same price doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I like the Sienna better though esp. the extra ground clearance. I think I may just sell the camry on my own and then go buy but I am tired of looking and just want the Sienna but I grew up too poor to pay more than I have to.
  • Options
    stuartlongstuartlong Member Posts: 17
    I have a purchasing strategy which may or may not be sound. I am interested in purchasing a 2006 minivan at what I hope to be a significant savings from what I have read on the forums and have been quoted. I am starting with information that a friend purchased a 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL RES from the dealership in Goldsboro, NC for $28,900 before taxes, tags, and fees. The OTD price was about $30,300, I think. I am also interested in the Nissan Quest as well as the Toyota Sienna. My plan is to take this purchase price to dealers of these 3 vehicles and see who is willing to beat this price by the most, on a comparably equiped van. I know the resale on Sienna and Odyssey is slightly better than the Quest, but they seem to be selling for about the same value when new. We looked at a Nissan Quest that was MSRP at about $37,000 and hoped this may fall into this range of the EXL RES. What is anyone's opinion on this strategy. After test driving all three vehicles, I ranked the handling in the order of Quest/Sienna/Odyssey. The problem with the Sienna is that the Toyota dealership we spoke with takes the LE and then does a dealer install of Leather Seats($1733) and DVD player(1699). Negotiating with them seems to be a high risk since they will add these items, which would give us the vehicle we want, but would probably result in our paying the same price as the Odyssey EXL RES, which has many more features. The safest bet will be to attempt to purchase the same vehicle at the same price from the same dealer as my friend. However, they would need to transfer a vehicle from another dealership since they are sold out of the 2006 Odyssey EXL RES. I am not sure if any transfer fees would be added on or if I could negotiate the removal of those fees.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    No, that's crap. The ONLY reason any body panel would be replaced before being sold to a consumer is impact damage.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    You may well have them over a barrel now as fraud seems a distinct possibility.

See what they'll offer in terms of another vehicle - the terms should be VERY favorable to me.
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Where are $2000 in rebates being offered? I saw 1.9 APR for 36 months in the paper this past weekend but I'm hoping for better deals and the 2007 Sienna to see if I want to pull the trigger.

Plus with rising gas prices, I have to question my family's "need" for a minivan. I'm considering downsizing in a year or two to the 2007 CR-V.
  • Options
    fundufundu Member Posts: 2
    where u found this price ? Is this in TEXAS ?
  • Options
    markatlmarkatl Member Posts: 5
    Which Dealer? out the door price? Tax included? Please help
  • Options
    chicago
  • Options
    I know in chicago we have $2000 for the higher end models (XLE, XLE AWD & LTD) and 1500 for the rest.
  • Options
    megcormegcor Member Posts: 2
    I was just wondering if anyone out there has gotten a good interest rate from Milton Martin Toyota in Gainesville, GA, I'm getting ready to wheel and deal with these folks.
  • Options
    bcash14bcash14 Member Posts: 8
    Hey everyone! I'm breaking down and picking up my Sienna tomorrow. Here's the deal I was offered, seems fair but just wanted some opinions...

2006 Sienna XLE Ltd
    Package #3 (HT)
    Rear Spoiler
    Carpet Mats
    NO Rebate (I'm opting for the 0% 36mo financing offer)

MSRP - $41,600

Dealer MSRP - $42,500 (they add a bunch of misc charges which I think are bogus but my sales guy said he would ignore them)

CarsDirect price - $37,209

FitzMall.com - $36,255

Edmunds TMV - $37,886

MY DEALER PRICE - $36,813

All of the above prices do not include tax, tag, title. I think it's a pretty good deal but let me know what you think! Much appreciated! BTW, I'm located in Colorado and if you need the dealership or sales guy's contact info just let me know. He seems like a really stand up salesman.

Thanks!!!
    Bryan
  • Options
    chantalpchantalp Member Posts: 2
    In Tulsa, OK, was offered on 8/17/06 an OTD price of $33,079 (MSRP = $35,874. Option CODES are: FE, PC (Arctic Frost Pearl Paint), EF (10.2" Dropdown DVD Entertainment System), L2 (Leather Interior Upgrade), SS (Side Signal Mirror Upgrade), RS (Rear Spoiler), GC (Night Vision Mirror Upgrade), WT (Window Tint), A4 (Extra Mile Option Package A). Dealership is Riverside Toyota which is owned by Gulf Coast Toyota. Financing options include 36 and 48 month at 0% and 60 month at 2.9%.

Does the Forum consider this a fair price? What are others paying for this configuration?
  • Options
    Unless you're including tax, tag, & title, I think you could do better. On CarsDirect, an XLE with Package #4, rear spoiler, and auto-dimming mirror (MSRP listed as $35,989) is $31,842. This obviously doesn't include any rebates since you're opting for the low finance option.

I took the CarsDirect price to my local dealer and he beat it by just over $400.
  • Options
    nobel1nobel1 Member Posts: 8
    Le Sieana pkg # 4 red salsa color floor mats otd price paid
    26000/-
  • Options
    lunarmistlunarmist Member Posts: 41
    We have a 2002 Sienna LE Symphony. Can some one provide a comparable "package" on the current model Sienna.
  • Options
    b_toyotab_toyota Member Posts: 1
    Hey all, Thanks for all the postings and great advice on purchasing a vehicle. I tortured my wife by spending a few hours online (she thought I was wasting time contacting over 2 dozen dealers in the area and doing all of my negotiating by email), but after walking into a dealer with a final price and merely confirming the van was what we wanted and paying for it, she realized the experience was virtually stress free. :D One piece of advice: If you are looking to buy on the day you are negotiating, make certain the dealer has the van you want in stock. Many negotiate with the knowledge that they can trade accross the region for your exact vehicle and will therefore not be able to deliver for a day or two (problem for people who want instant gratification ;) )

My purchase: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE with package #7 (FP), Floor mats (CF) and Wheel locks (WL) - MSRP $36,358, my price after $1,000 rebate, $30,550. I eventually found three dealers willing to match this price.
  • Options
    markatlmarkatl Member Posts: 5
    was offered xle ltd #3 otd-38500

xle ltd - otd 35500..

How are these offers?

was told they r only making 34 bucks on the ltd #3 offer..
    btw- I was asking for price help on my earlier post that was removed.. Not trying to sell.
  • Options
    pdsouzapdsouza Member Posts: 5
    I baught the same car, xle FP and CF no wheel locks in the bay area on july 31st paid $31299 without the rebate..
    I opted for the 0% for 3 years.
    I found and ad in the news paper for 6K below msrp ( including the rebate) and used that to negotiate. The ad was from a dealoer in the north bay. I didnt want to dirve so far so I got a proce match locally.
    You may have seen a n earlier posting of mine " xle FWD package 7 and floor mats".
  • Options
    chantalpchantalp Member Posts: 2
    Hello b_toyota. Thank you for the information on your XLE w/Package #7 (FP) purchase at $30,550 after $1K rebate in the Bay Area. At that price of $30,550 after rebate, are you able to receive any special financing offer or was the offer that you chose 1) either the $1K rebate or 2) low rate financing, but not both? If you were able to get the car for $30,550, including the rebate, AND get a low interest rate from Toyota, then there is more money on the table to be had.

I'm trying to see what the bottom-line is.

I have now received an OTD offer for a Sienna XLE FWD 7 Passenger from my dealer in Tulsa, OK of $33,837, with my choice of either 1) $750 rebate or 2) financing at 0% for 36 or 48 months, or at 2.9% for 60 months. The XLE is equipped with: XLE Package #6 (FC) (msrp = $3,975); A4 "Extra Mile Option" (a dealer package w/msrp = $542) which includes carpet mats/ door sill protectors, cargo net, 1st aid kit, fabric guard, custom tape stripe, roadside assistance (3yrs/36k mi.), Extra Mile Extended Life Tires (6 yrs/100K mi); (PC)(msrp=$220) Arctic Frost Pearl Paint; and (EF)(msrp=$1,499) 10.2" Dropdown DVD Entertainment System by "Auto Cinema", including hand held remote and two wireless headphones.

The Total MSRP = $36,760. OTD = $33,837 (Oklahoma tax of 3.25% or so, and tag, are additional). The $750 rebate or the financing are available at the $33,837 price.

Clearly the financing time value of money far outweighs the $750 cash rebate. If you assume a normal bank loan available today with a rate of approx. 6.25%, then the value of the low rate financing is worth up to $3,060 (Toyota Finance working with the manufacturer / dealers subsidy), and perhaps, the dealer may be willing to do a cash only deal with me for $3,060 less, or a price of $30,777 ($33,837 - $3,060).

My analysis:

$33,837 financed at special low int. rates:
    36 mos. at 0% = $939.92; Present Value @ 6.25% = $30,942
    48 mos. at 0% = $704.94; Present Value @ 6.25% = $30,026
    60 mos. at 2.9% = $605.04; Present Value @ 6.25% = $31,271

vs. Cash Rebate Price of $33,837 - $750 Rebate = $33,087.

So, the question in my mind is will my dealer lower the price of $33,837 (less $750 rebate) further and still offer me the financing, or have I found his best price? :confuse:

Any thoughts? I appreciate others looking at this for me!
  • Options
    tootytooty Member Posts: 1
    Hello: I'm looking for a great deal on a new Toyota Sienna (2006-2007) LE 8 Passenger 2x4 6-cyl, Automatic with the following options:
    AP, PV, PP, B4, SS, RB, MJ

color: white
    interior: cloth

What's the final drive-out price for this vehicle in zip 77379 or surrounding Houston, TX area?
  • Options
    Hi All,

I finally bought the Sienna XLE with option FC & CF this weekend. I had few quotes but libertyville toyota was the lowest. I had very good experience and would recommend them to anyone.

I paid an OTD price of 30,066.95 after the 2K rebate. Here is the breakdown

XLE FWD FC & CF
    MSRP - 34,519
    Invoice (Edmunds) - 30,358

I paid (including the 2K rebate)
    28,018 + Tax (6.5%) + Title + Doc Fee($57)

Final Price Paid - $30,066.95

Thanks,
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large national news magazine is looking new Toyota owners that switched out from a Ford vehicle with their new purchase. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, August 23, 2006 by 2:30 PM PT/5:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information, what Toyota car you purchased and what Ford car you left behind.
  • Options
    cupertinomomcupertinomom Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I'm shopping for a Sienna and have a few questions. Can you help me with some information? I'd like to know the difference between the following:

1 - Sienna XLE AWD with HW (Pkg #12) + CF
    2 - Sienna XLE Ltd AWD with HO (Pkg #2) + CF

- What are the features that are missing in the XLE vs. XLE Ltd with these packages?
    - Is seat/mirror memory included in both these vehicles?

I'd appreciate any information you can provide.
  • Options
    nobel1nobel1 Member Posts: 8
    I purchased Minvan LE 2006, the finance guy was telling me about Warrentie and prepaid maint package
    Premium Warrentie with upto 45000 maint pkg and all the oil changes inl
    for $ 2199/- is that good price

and should I even care to purchase this warrantiy.

Thanks
  • Options
    nobel1 -

I just purchased a XLE Ltd w/ package #3. It has so many electronics and gadgets that I thought an extended warranty was a MUST. I received a 5yr/60K FULL extended warranty for $1400, and the 3/36 maint package (basically free oil changes every 3K miles for 3 years) for $240. They threw in the "Trac Guard" Vehicle Protection Program ($199 value) and the "Century Paint Sealant" & "Century Fabric/Leather" warranty in for free.

I highly recommend you get the extended warranty for peace of mind, especially since this car has so many things that can go wrong and cost a fortune to fix.

btw, to all Toyota buyers out there - the ONLY thing I was disappointed with Toyota was that they don't give any free roadside assistance with their new vehicles (at least not my dealer) and they gave me a flimsy cardboard folder to carry my manuals, paperwork, etc. This was the first car purchase I've ever made where I didn't get roadside assistance and a nice carrier for my books/papers. What's up with that?!? Otherwise I am extremely happy with the van and the overall purchase experience.
  • Options
    stuartlongstuartlong Member Posts: 17
    I have a quote for a toyota Sienna XLE with package #7 of 31,300 OTD at 1.9% financing for 60 months. I didn't believe that toyota could beat the offer of 29206.25 OTD for a honda odyssey EXL RES at 4.9% for 60 months. But do the math (0 down):

ODYSSEY:..29206.25 at 4.9 for 60 months = 549.82/month : total=32989.
    SIENNA:......31300.00 at 1.9 for 60 months = 547.25/month : total=32835

These two models are nearly identical(leather / sunroof / DVD / wireless headphones). Each has a few features that the other doesnt (honda wins the mpg battle).

I may have to add floor mats/splash guards/cargo area mat.

The sienna MSRP of 36,300 is way above the MSRP of 32400 for Honda, which means that equity in the vehicle will be reached much sooner than we would get with the honda. especially since the toyota value retention is 2% above honda.

FYI, I hear that TOYOTA / SCION / LEXUS is making a huge push on sales right now with the outside chance that they can displace GM as the top selling vehicle company in the US. This translates into huge savings for those who are buying right now. In addtion to this, I read in another forum that Toyota is going to release the information soon that the 2007 sienna will have the option of a 3.5L stronger engine. This will encourage slower sales among the 2006 models and result in even better prices as they try to dump the current inventory!

We just might be buying later this evening. That would mean no more posts from me.
  • Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Another BIG hoax. I do not like my 2006 Sienna LE with option # 2 for total MSRP $ 26,949 and when I tried to trade it off, the Toyota dealer said it has a trade in value of only $19,000 a few months ago. :sick:
    Based on my research, Hondas have a better value retention than Toyota. When comparing trade in for a used vehicle with actual prices paid, a Grand Caravan or T&C has a better value retention than the Toyota Sienna.
  • Options
    I would probably say that it is the base XLE model.

Doesn't the Symphony model have two power doors?
  • Options
    bogz11bogz11 Member Posts: 10
    I was wanting to purchase a 2005 or 2006 toyota sienna the LE package w/option #4. I live in the Chicago area what kind of pricing can I expect and is it better to buy used w/low miles?
  • Options
    chris1313chris1313 Member Posts: 1
    Jprogasam,

Would you please let me know the sale person's name you talked to? Thanks.
    Chris
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pstdevpstdev Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of purchasing a Sienna XLE package #5 in the central NJ area and was wondering if anyone knows what will happen with rebates/incentives after 8/31. Right now there is a $1000 rebate. Will this continue? Will it get better (midwest has $2000, I think)? Thanks.
  • Options
    reachvreachv Member Posts: 5
    I got an offer for a Toyota Sienna LE with Pkg#6 (to be precise BK) at OTD $27,000.00 (plus tax and tags) with ongoing Toyota's 0% APR financing for 3 years.

How is this deal? Should I buy or look around more? :confuse:

Thanks in advance for your reply.

P.S. The dealer is based in Philadelphia, PA.
  • Options
    I am resubmitting this request since there was a typo in the package name (it's BX and not BK).
    -----------------------------
    I got an offer for a Toyota Sienna LE with Pkg#6 (to be precise BX) at OTD $27,000.00 (plus tax and tags) with ongoing Toyota's 0% APR financing for 3 years.

How is this deal? Should I buy or look around more?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

P.S. The dealer is based in Philadelphia, PA.
  • Options
    timeforavantimeforavan Member Posts: 2
    I am getting ready to purchase the 2006 Sienna LE 8 Passenger option package #2 for $23,642 + ttt. I am thinking about adding leather and dvd.

Is this a good price or should I continue to shop?

Thanks for any advice
  • Options
    yukigingeryukiginger Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at a 2006 LE with Packages 3 or 4, but I see through other posts how some are getting great financing offers through the dealer (and Toyota). All I see in my area is 4.9% or the $1000 rebate. I am in central/western NY (Rochester area). I would appreciate knowing areas where the financing is available, deals at or near invoice in those areas, and if some people have made transactions out of region or out of state to get these deals and how smooth or difficult they were.

Can I negotiate with my dealer to a 0% or 1.9% or is it really set in stone by Toyota that only certain rates are available? Please also post the dealer name and location if you got a good deal and great financing. I have no problem driving hundreds of miles if it saving me 2 or 3 points in financing.

Thanks in advance. Please post and email.

MarkG
  • Options
    It seems to be a good price. The difference between pkg-2 and pkg-3 is $700.

I just bought Sienna LE 8-passenger with pkg-3 at $24,700. Your configuration ideally should cost $24,000 but you are getting at $23,642. It's definitely a good deal!

BTW - I got 1.9% APR for 60 months for this car pricing at $24,700.

Good luck!
  • Options
    yukigingeryukiginger Member Posts: 6
    reachv,
    I would love to know where you got this deal. Thanks.

MarkG
  • Options
    vincent10vincent10 Member Posts: 2
    Chantalp - I'm in north Texas and looking for a comparably equipped XLE to the one you are buying. You state MRSP of $36,750 but I am unclear on the agreed price before TTL and rebates. Can you clarify?

Also, which dealership in Tulsa gave you this price? I see there's Jim Norton, and Riverside (S. Sheridan and W. 11th locations). I don't mind driving up there to save $. Thanks in advance for the info.
  • Options
    timeforavantimeforavan Member Posts: 2
    I am in Atlanta and this is offer is from Sandy Springs Toyota. If I would like leather add 1,750 and a DVD is 1,795. The touring package is 2000.00.

I am not sure any of these options are worth the extra money.

They are also offering $1500 or 0% financing for 48 mo or 1.9% for 60.
  • Options
    I bought it at Sloane Toyota in Devon, PA. I though your's is a better deal.
  • Options
    mchouremchoure Member Posts: 2
    dealer has quoted 2006 Sienna LE 7 Passenger FWD 22680 with Package#1.
    can someone let me know if this is good price
  • Options
    jpragasamjpragasam Member Posts: 9
    The dealer is Sandy Springs Toyota, Atlanta. You talk with the dealer and see what they offer. I think sharing of sales persons name are not allowed in this forum.
  • Options
    0% for 48 months? I haven't seen that great of a deal on Siennas in a really long time... :)