Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    24liza24liza Member Posts: 13
    That's a great deal! Congratulations.
    OTD? What was your price before TTL?
    Any info. you can share about the who/what/and where/ would be appreciated. Its the same model/package I'm looking for.
  • Options
    Anyone ever bought a car on E-bay before?
    FYI -There's a new (Untitled) Silver 2006 LE AWD with a starting bid of $20,200 from a Texas Dealership that was just listed today (Currently no bids yet)
    They say other colors may be available too. Hmmmmm.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Dealers just use Ebay as another method of advertising..

The last thing you want, when buying from a dealer.. is to start competing for a vehicle against other buyers..

Just call them directly, and see what kind of deal you can make... Don't even mention Ebay..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    car_enthucar_enthu Member Posts: 17
    Hi lookn4van,

The quote I got ($23,225 for '06 7-pass LE with pkg #4) is BEFORE ttl, please note that.

this is from schaumburg toyota, in schaumburg, IL

FYI, elgin toyota in elgin, IL is offering 7-pass LE with pkg #2 for $21,919 BEFORE ttl. I haven't really haggled at all for either of these, got the quotes direct from their sales/internet guys. so there may still be room for negotiation

good luck !
  • Options
    lookn4vanlookn4van Member Posts: 19
    Thanks can_enthu.

Did that price of $23,225 include delivery/processing and handling fee(usually $565 or so)?

Thanks,
    Lookn4Van.
  • Options
    tonyclintonyclin Member Posts: 13
    Congrdulation. You got a very good price. Is there any sale tax in your area? Could you please share the detail on your dealer? I am very suprised to see that you could get both 0% financing and the incentives rebate. any detail would be appreiciated.
  • Options
    amyw2amyw2 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks I was happy with the price too! I bascially went into the dealer at 5:30 and drove home in the new van at 10:15pm I wasn't leaving there until I bought the car after putting in that much time! I am from the Boston area and bought the car at IRA. I did pay out of pocket the sales tax! :)
  • Options
    car_enthucar_enthu Member Posts: 17
    yes, it includes the dest charge
  • Options
    bandrosbandros Member Posts: 6
    I've been stalking these threads for a month now and have been appreciative of the info I've been able to get. So I thought I'd share what I got in the hope that it may help someone else.

I ended up buying from Boch Toyota in the Boston area. I live over an hour away but they were the best price by over $500. I worked with some local dealers around Worcester where I live but even with some haggling they couldn't give me the price that Boch quoted in their very first email. When I showed the local dealers the price I got they seemed uninterested in matching it, so it became an easy choice.

I bought the 2006 8 passenger LE, with the #4 (BZ) package. The MSRP is $28,633. Invoice is ~$25,500. After rebate the quoted price was $23,900. With tax/fees, the price I paid breaks down as follows:

$23,900 Quoted price from Boch (after $1000 rebate)
    +$1,195 sales tax
    +$298 doc fee
    +$85 for plates/RMV fees
    =$25,478 TOTAL

The thing that impressed me most about the dealer was that they quoted a great price right up front via email. I prefer to do a lot of the legwork in new car shopping via email, but some dealerships I worked with wouldn't quote a price via email, or they would ask me to "come in for a test drive" to get their best price. So getting a good price up front saved a lot of time.
  • Options
    sandbox2sandbox2 Member Posts: 3
    I have been doing online price bidding for a Sienna for 2 weeks. I finally found a great deal yesterday and bought the car. I think this is a great deal.

06 Sienna, CE package #1, preffered accessary package
    MSRP: $25,142
    Sale: $20,000 including freight
    On the road: $21,407

No trade in, I never trade in a used car. I always sell the old car myself and get at least 1-2K over the trade in easily.

The car only has 7 miles on it. It was manufactured in 09/2006, just arrived to dealer's lot a week ago.
  • Options
    sirdrivealot2sirdrivealot2 Member Posts: 2
    bandros, I went to Ira Toyota in Tewksbury and also bought a 2006 8 Passenger LE with the #4 (BZ) package, The MSRP on this car was $233 lower then yours -- did you have any other options on your car? Anyway, I also had no trade and received a similar deal on mine:

MSRP: $28,400
    Disc: $3,400
    $25,000 Selling Price (I chose the 0% apr instead of rebate)
    +$1,250 sales tax
    + $195 doc fee
    + $86 plates/RMV fees
    ------------------------
    = $26,530 (no rebate here, so similar to $25,478 on bandros deal)

I financed the entire Sienna purchase price of $26,530 at 0%. I had a Honda Odyssey deal in hand for a 2007 EX at $25,680 (MSRP $29,290) from Commonwealth motors in Lawrence which I let the sales person at Toyota know about. The Honda deal was much better then I expected -- The edmunds TMV proce on the '07 Honda EX was $28,667 when I printed it out this morning -- which is $3000 more then the dealer was willing to sell me the EX for. I loved the Honda, especially the dual zone climate control in front and the handling. However, the 0% apr and below invoice price on the Toyota was a combination too good to pass up.

One interesting point - Commonwealth Honda gave me a great price right away but with Ira Toyota they started with an offer $1800 higher then they ultimately sold me the Sienna for.
  • Options
    aerogels1aerogels1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 06 Sienna, CE package #1, include carpet, yesterday in Chicago area.

Sale: $21,988

OTD: $21,628

Financing with them, 6.4% APR for 5 years.

How do you think this deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    jc7908jc7908 Member Posts: 4
    I received the following internet price for XLE LTD 2WD with Option #3 from Piercey Toyota in San Jose:
    Internet price = $36,161, after $1000 rebate, excluding tax, dmv fees, and processing fees
    MSRP = $41,369

The internet guy said he could only take a few hundred off this price. Is this a good price?

Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks car_enthu,

Finally got my van after 2 weeks of looking around.

Stats:

LE 2006 pkg #4, 7 pass, fwd.

Price with 2000 rebate = 23,300
    Doc fee 599.50
    tag 20
    Title 18
    Emission inspection 3
    sales tax(AL) 3.5% 906.48

Total on road 24,846.98

Dealer: Sandy springs toyota Atlanta

I think its a good deal :->

Thanks,
    Lookn4van
  • Options
    jaisekarjaisekar Member Posts: 3
    Dt Sep 22 around Central New Jersey

LE 2006 pkg #4, 7 pass, fwd.

Price with 2000 rebate = 23,200 (including 1500 Rebate)
    Doc fee 126
    DMV Fee 264
    sales tax(NJ) 7% 1624

Total on road $25,214

I've been reading these threads for a month now and have been appreciative of the info I've been able to get. So I thought I'd share what I got in the hope that it may help someone else
  • Options
    What is the $2000 rebate? I only see the $1500 rebate, where is the extra $500?
  • Options
    That was typo error. The rebate was $1500!
  • Options
    Jaisekar,
    It differs from state to state.

It was $2000 in Georgia and Alabama. Expires 10/31/06.

Use a zipcode of Georgia - 30328 or Alabama-35475

Click below and you will see the $2000 rebate.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/toyota/sienna/100604394/optionsresults.html?acti- on=2
  • Options
    I know it differ from state to state.

I meant in my message I typed it wrongly as :-
    --------------------------------
    Price with 2000 rebate = 23,200
    --------------------------------

Which should have been - Price with $1500 rebate = 23,200
  • Options
    I didn't pull the trigger on this deal. I then contacted Carsdirect.com and they gave me the same price, but now the $1000 rebate is no longer available (expired 10/2). So now the price from Carsdirect is $37,161. However, Toyota is still offering 0% financing. Should I wait for Toyota to offer another rebate or take the 100% financing?
  • Options
    are you sure? I didn't pull the trigger on my Sienna LE pkg#2 either since I didn't like the interior color, so I took the chance to wait.Yesterday my dealer rep told me the good news that the rebate is extended till Oct 31. Today I went to another toyota dealer, they showed me that the regbate did get extended. Check with your dealer regarding the rebate first. Good luck, by the way, I live in South California.
  • Options
    I just checked Carsdirect.com. It looks like the $1500 rebate is only available in SoCal and only on CE and LE models, not the XLE. Go figure. However, I spoke to the guy from Carsdirect.com and Toyota is still offering 0% financing. So currently the best deal is from Carsdirect.com at $37,131, which will be $40,730 OTD. With 0% financing for 5 yrs, I may pull the trigger this weekend. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    siennacrazysiennacrazy Member Posts: 7
    Hi
    Really good to know you have got a great deal.I have been trying to do online shopping but have been tossing around
    by different dealerships with marginal deals.Can you bless with some tricks of trade.Also can we negotiate on lower APR
    financing.I am in the D.C metro area.Is there a ddealership you can name.I am looking for a LE option package #1.People on this forum mention package#4 what are the options in this one.
    Thanks
  • Options
    minivanshopperminivanshopper Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Sienna LE 7 passenger package 1 (AM) and Floormats (CF) at Boch Toyota last week. I emailed them on 9/30 and asked for the lowest price they could give me. I was trading in a 98 Grand Caravan SE sport package with 141,000 miles on it.

They came back with $22,170 after rebate.

Worked out to:
    Sienna LE #1 and CF $23,170
    Toyota Rebate -$1000
    Trade -$1200
    doc fee $298
    title $65
    tax $1048.50
    total $22,381.50

I think I did okay on my trade, I had offers from $800 up to $1800. The $1800 dealership did not feel right. most offers were $800-$1000.

Acton Toyota would not budge below $24,628 (before rebate) on the Sienna. They told me since they did not have '07 Sienna's they were not trying to get rid of the 06's. I also negotiated with IRA Toyota in Tewkesbury, MA for several hours to what I thought was a fair price and still did $500 by going to Boch. IRA gave me more on the trade, but insisted that the vehicle price was $24,209 before rebate (a couple hundred above Edmunds invoice). Boch was a quick negotiation. But it took a couple of hours to get to the guy to close the paperwork, since they were so busy on Saturday.
  • Options
    bogz11bogz11 Member Posts: 10
    I was just quoted 25293.00 for a 2005 XLE Toyota in area 100 miles west of Chicago,IL I didn't take the vehicle. It was in good condition with only 21,000 but seemed a little high. What does anyone think?
  • Options
    May I ask who you bought your 06 LE FWD from in CA. and what the OTD price was? Thanks
  • Options
    yeeyee Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

Sounds like a good deal. My wife bought a Sienna CE 8 passenger with package 1 and floor mats 4 weeks ago from Boch. We also traded in a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan SE. They offered $21900 (before rebate) for the Sienna and $5000 for the trade. So, our price was $16,900 before tax and fee. We chose the 0% financing for 48 months instead of the rebate.

It was hard to find a Sienna CE 8 passenger in Boston area. The sales manager gave us the quote before our van arrived to the dealership.
  • Options
    anchor13anchor13 Member Posts: 13
    Just bought a 2006 Sienna XLE Limited AWD with Navigation Pkg & DVD Entertainment, Carpets & Sill Protector and special Artic Frost Pearl Paint...

MSRP $42,999
    Purchased for $36,900

Used the Consumer Reports method of working up from their figures rather than working down from MSRP...
  • Options
    I bought it from Power Toyota buena park. The OTD price was $22,899 after $1500 rebate. They advertised the special price on LA times, 5 vehicle at $20,888 excluding TTL.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good price if you got pkg option #3. What city and dealership did you buy at?
  • Options
    caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    People, what's going on with 07'Siennas???? :confuse:

Is it normal for Sienna to be that late for new models. Is it they've a lot of 06s left on the lots.

I could not find any information on toyota web site and nothing there.

I went to a local dealer who have bunch of '06 Sienna's on the lot. I asked him about when 2007 is coming. He said that they had a couple and one coming end of october. He walked to the parking lot and could not find it. He said it sold.... :surprise:

Even large dealers don't have a single 2007 on their lot...

What's going on :)
  • Options
    stuartlongstuartlong Member Posts: 17
    This was my previous post in this forum. I have heard that the 2007 Sienna might not be on the lots in January.

OYAMA, Japan -- Toyota may delay some of its new models, the company's president said Friday, as the world's No. 2 automaker tries to improve its quality control process in order to reduce a spate of recalls that is threatening its reputation.

The possible delays come amid a period of strong growth for Toyota Motor Corp., which is in the process of meeting demand for its fuel-efficient vehicles by increasing production at plants across the globe.

Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe on Friday denied that the company had decided to delay models across the board, saying the development of individual vehicles would be decided on a case-by-case basis.

"We try to affirm each process," Watanabe said at a demonstration of new safety features west of Tokyo. "And in that process, some may be delayed, and some may be on time."

Toyota's shares fell 60 yen, or 0.95 percent, to 6,250 yen ($53.70) on Friday.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday that Toyota was considering slowing the development of some new models by as much as six months because of the quality problems.

Watanabe said the company's emphasis was on making sure quality-control procedures were properly carried out, rather than on how much time the process took. He denied the recalls occurred because Toyota rushed the development of some models.

The company is reviewing design, procurement and other stages of car manufacturing, while looking more closely at complaints from buyers to reduce recalls and defects in production, he said.

"I feel we are making progress," Watanabe told reporters. He also said he did not know of any specific models that could be delayed by the changes.

Toyota has faced an increasing number of recalls partly due to its efforts to cut costs by using the same parts on different models.

Japanese authorities have launched a criminal investigation into three Toyota officials suspected of failing to do anything about a faulty steering part, which may have caused a 2004 accident that injured five people.

The U.S. government also has opened an investigation of 2004-2005 Toyota Sienna minivans after receiving complaints that the liftgate had failed, causing the hatchback door to close on motorists. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said earlier this month it received eight complaints and four reports of injuries involving the liftgate. The investigation involves 393,313 Sienna minivans.
  • Options
    anchor13anchor13 Member Posts: 13
    It was Pkg #2 (code: HO) - Pkg #3 is not avail for this vehicle...

Plus, the Carpet/Door Sill Option &

Color upgrade Option(Code: PC)

Dealer: Dick Milham in Easton, PA...

5 miles on it! very happy... it's a high tech vehicle... the Navigation System with Touch Screen is a blast!
  • Options
    I went to a Toyota dealer near where I work to test drive the Sienna. They let me try a 2007 LE model. I hardly notice any difference if they didn't tell me it was a 2007 model. The dash board change a just little bit, I didn't see the blue lighting. I particularly asked if the engine becomes 3.5 liter as per some rumor. They said no. still the same engine.
  • Options
    buildtopicbuildtopic Member Posts: 2
    Toyota Sienna Gets Power Infusion For 2007
    Related Media

09/19/2006 Torrance, CA

September 19, 2006 – Torrance, CA - The Toyota Sienna family van gets an infusion of power for 2007 with a new, 266-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine that replaces the previous 215-horsepower 3.3-liter V6. The new engine significantly improves acceleration and merging performance for Sienna, yet returns fuel economy comparable to the previous engine.

The 2007 Sienna's DOHC 3.5L V6 produces 245 lb.-ft. peak torque at 4,700 rpm. A Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) system operates on both the intake and exhaust valves to ensure optimal performance and efficiency at all engine speeds.

The V6 is mated to a five-speed automatic transmission with intelligence (ECT-i). Impressive acceleration makes the Sienna a capable everyday driving vehicle with the power to merge with confidence. Fuel economy remains excellent for the class, with EPA city/highway gas mileage estimates of 19/26 mpg for front-wheel-drive models and 18/23 mpg for all-wheel-drive models.

Sienna remains one of the few mini-vans to offer an all-wheel drive option. The AWD system employs a center differential to divide engine power 50:50 front and rear. Wheel slippage at either set of wheels automatically transfers more power to the opposite wheels to help keep the Sienna moving forward.

The Sienna is available in four model grades: CE, LE, XLE, and the top-of-the-line Limited. All four come in front-wheel drive configuration, and the LE, XLE, and Limited also offer all-wheel-drive. The CE and LE are available in both seven- and eight-passenger configurations; others are seven-passenger models.

A 119.3-inch wheelbase gives Sienna exceptional interior room and a smooth ride. The 36.8-foot turning circle is tighter than for some midsize cars, helping to make the Sienna easily maneuverable.

Focus on Comfort and Versatility
    Minivan customers expect exceptional passenger and cargo room, and Sienna delivers both with a sharp focus on space optimization. The dashboard-mounted gated shifter allows pass-through room between the front seats. Sienna offers two distinctly different second-row seating options that are easy to adjust, tumble, or remove. In its seven-passenger configuration, Sienna features second-row captains chairs with a passenger-side chair that can be repositioned side-to-side, offering either a bench or a bucket arrangement.

The Sienna CE and LE grades offer an eight-passenger configuration. A second-row, three-way split/folding bench with a Front and Center® middle seat that can be moved nearly 13 inches closer to the front seats, making infants and toddlers in child-seats more accessible.

All Sienna models are equipped with a standard versatile 60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row™ bench seat that folds flat into the floor. Either side of the seat can be stowed separately with low-effort, one-hand operation. With the entire rear seat stowed and the second-row seats removed, four-by-eight foot sheets of plywood can be loaded flat onto the floor. The Limited model offers a power-operated third-row version that makes switching from carrying people to cargo even easier.
    Toyota paid close attention to the needs of frequent occupants of the middle and third-row seats – children and young adults. The LCD screen for the available rear seat entertainment system measures nine inches. In addition, a universal mini-jack port standard on all audio systems allows connectivity to most portable music players.

Sienna delivers a wide range of standard amenities. The Sienna XLE and Limited models respond to the growing demand for even higher levels of comfort and luxury to the minivan segment, with the Limited adding standard leather-trimmed upholstery, a 10-speaker premium sound system, Dynamic Laser Cruise Control, heated front seats and other features.

An available DVD-based satellite navigation system for XLE and Limited models includes a backup camera. The camera automatically projects an image of what its lens can detect behind the vehicle onto the navigation system's LCD screen when reverse gear is engaged.

Family Safety
    All seating positions are equipped with three-point seatbelts, and front seat-mounted side airbags and side-curtain airbags covering all three seat rows are standard equipment on all Sienna grades. The LATCH system (Lower Anchor with Tethers for CHildren) is in all second-row seating positions to accommodate new-design child seats.

Sienna has been engineered to provide responsive, confident handling, and all models feature a standard anti-lock brake system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. The Brake Assist feature is designed to determine if the driver is attempting emergency braking and, if the driver has not stepped firmly enough on the brake pedal to engage the ABS, the system applies maximum braking power until pedal pressure is released.

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Traction Control (TRAC) is standard on the Limited grade and AWD models and available as an option on other models. VSC helps the driver maintain control in adverse driving conditions, and the TRAC feature helps reduce tire slippage during acceleration.

The Sienna AWD models come standard with 17-inch run-flat tires on aluminum alloy wheels (new design for 2007). Reinforced sidewalls and a special bead shape enable these tires to be driven with no air pressure for up to 100 miles at speeds up to 55 mph. A spare tire is also available. The tire pressure monitor system on all Sienna models is now a direct-type for 2007.

The Toyota Value Standard in All Models
    The wide choice of model grades, combined with extensive standard equipment and thoughtful features, makes Sienna a truly outstanding value. Standard equipment in the Sienna CE includes power windows, door locks and mirrors; sliding rear doors with power windows; second-row captains chairs; keyless entry system, and deluxe AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers.

Comfort, convenience and versatility are assured with a standard tilt/telescopic steering column; dual (front and rear) air conditioning; a folding tray table between the front seats; variable intermittent front and rear windshield wipers; 10 cup holders and four bottle holders; three 12v power outlets, and a heavy-duty rear window defogger with timer.

In addition to, or in place of features on the CE grade, standard equipment for the Sienna LE includes an engine immobilizer; heated power mirrors; roof rails and crossbars; privacy glass; steering wheel-mounted audio controls; cruise control; driver's side power window with auto up/down and jam protection; driver's seat manual-adjustable lumbar support; illuminated vanity mirrors; unique LE seat fabric; a fold-flat front passenger seat, and a six-disc CD changer.

Luxury in a Family Van
    The Sienna XLE grade adds a host of desirable comfort and convenience feat
  • Options
    storageguystorageguy Member Posts: 30
    If you got 14% off MSRP that is a great deal for AWD and HT pkg.I take it that included the $2000 rebate.
  • Options
    calebsmomcalebsmom Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: I am getting '06 Sienna LE Pkg #2 with leather seats and Alloy Wheel upgrade.

Here is the price:

Base price: $22124
    Pkg #2 price: $832
    Leather: $1445
    Alloy wheels: $441
    TMF (I don't know what it means) $298

Then, there are weird prices that I really don't understand.
    Deliv/proc/hand: $700
    TAF: $420
    Based-VHE-HB: $508
    Pio-HB: $188
    Finance Reserve: $254

The dealer said that he is selling 600 dollars lower than the invoice, so -$600.

Rebates -$1000.

Therefore, OTD including taxes, titles and everythinig would be $27536.81.

Does this sound OK?
    I am an international student, and would really like some help on this!

Actually, I already paid $500 deposit to order this vehicle. However, after reading some articles here, I am questioning whether I am paying too much. The vehicle is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I would really appreciate your help! Oh, and it's TEXAS here!

PLEASE HELP!!! :lemon:
  • Options
    atomarchioatomarchio Member Posts: 9
    I am looking at XLE AWD with HO (Package #2). Does anyone think I can get $36K for the car if I wait until the end of November to buy?

That rebate will go from $1500 to $2000 In November, won't it?
  • Options
    Well it's a lot better than any price I've been quoted up here in Seattle, WA. for the exact vehicle w/o the add-on leather/alloys.
    My lowest quote, ($100 above Invoice) without tax and title was $28,582! (Highest was $30,538)

Leather would of tacked on $1800. -& I was planning on doing this.

I decided to research other dealers in other states because shipping the car was about $1,200 from say, Maryland (Fitzmall.com)and the price was low enough to justify.
    But I don't think those dealers are too keen to sell out of state because they don't get back to you. (after numerous
    e-mails)

I'm in no hurry,and don't necessarily have to buy new, but it would of been nice. The dealer game can be such a pain.

I'm now even looking for slighlty used and found a good buy on Craig's list O5 - LE, 11,500 miles for $19,500.
    I needed the AWD package so had to pass.

Theres my two cents worth! Hope you enjoy your new Mini-Van
  • Options
    gldddmgldddm Member Posts: 1
    Sounds like a better deal than mine. 2006 CE package#1 plus 271.00 window tint opt. 22799.00 otd, this includes taxes, 2000.00 rebate, all fees tag (everthing). Hope this is usefull to someone. Toyota GA MALL
    sticker was as follows:
    23925.00 msrp
    470.00 ce 1 pkg
    271.00 window tint
    650.00 deliv. process. all other BS
    22.00 fuel surcharge
    25383.00 total
  • Options
    caravan2caravan2 Member Posts: 198
    tonyclin, Which dealer has 2007?
  • Options
    gator91gator91 Member Posts: 5
    Yesterday I picked up my new 2006 Sienna LE7 with Pkg #4 and CF.

23077+57(doc fee)+10(temporary tag)=23144

Very pleasant experience. I enjoyed working with Elgin Toyota. The only problem is that I live about 500 miles from the dealer. But I couldn't find a price close to that around here.

This is my first Toyota and my first post. This discussion board has been very helpful for me in preparing for this purchase. Thanks to everyone.
  • Options
    Is it an Out the door price? if it is, it will be the best ever deal I have seen.
  • Options
    That was the OTD price after the $2000 rebate. I still have to take care of TTL.

There was no haggling over price. That was the original quote given to me. I contacted multiple dealers (approx 20) no one else was close with their initial offers.
  • Options
    i am confused with 'I still have to take care of TTL', look like you paid the TTL in addition to $23,144.

The OTD already includes every thing such as tax, title and license. how much in total did you pay?
  • Options
    smsusmsu Member Posts: 1
    I am a resident of New Mexico where there is no sales tax on hybrid vehicles. Because there is a year waiting list in NM, I purchased the vehicle in PHX and was charged sales tax. I have been told by the dealerships in NM that I should have been charged NM sales tax (nothing) since the car is registered and licenced and garaged in NM. The AZ dealership refused to reimburse the $1300 sales tax saying it was purchased in AZ, I have to pay AZ tax. Who is right? :mad:
  • Options
    thkimthkim Member Posts: 2
    Hi I live in WA state and am looking to purchase a 2006 Sienna LE 8 Passenger seat with package 4, spoiler, and a couple other things that make the total MSRP 29177.

Edmunds shows the invoice at 25875 but the TMV at 25234. I dont know where some of you are getting your rebates but in WA I dont think they offer rebates right now (Oct 20th). They are offering 0% financing for 60 months.

Anyway, I cant find any dealers who are selling at the TMV price which is below invoice. The best number Ive had so far is 26500. That number is about 600 to 700 over invoice.

Is this a good deal or am I missing something?

Thanks guys if you can share what youre finding...
  • Options
    thkimthkim Member Posts: 2
    You shouldnt be charged sales tax in the state you purchased from if you are not a resident of that state as long as you plan to take the vehicle back to the state where you reside.

When you go to license the new vehicle at the state where you live they will require you to pay sales tax...

thats the rules as far as I know...
  • Options
    I purchased the vehicle in Illinois but live in Nebraska. I will still need to register the vehicle and pay taxes in Nebraska. The total of that will be aprroximately $2000.

The amount $23144 was how much I gave the dealer to drive the car away.
  • Options
    pman23pman23 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I just purchase 2006 Sienna LE FWD with 0 % interest, I paid $23,995 (no doc fee) with a 1998 dokata trade in for $3500 -- drove away @ 21,354 with $355 payments for 60 months.