Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3-Series 2005 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    I find it hard to believe a BMW dealer would knowingly engage in such an obvious mis-statement of the facts. BTW in the BMW Owners Club, you said as of 8/1/03 you just got home with your 325xi. Are you still shopping for a BMW?
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    evantodd... Salesperson always tries to sell you a car today. From the lot. They live on commission. To that end, some will say anything or do anything. Including the type disinformation you describe. Too bad too many unscrupulous salespeople are still out there. Solution is for buyers to arm themselves with knowledge in advance before talking to a salesperson. The "bad" salesperson hates an informed buyer.
  • Options
    evantoddevantodd Member Posts: 11
    this was not me. You must have me mistaken. I am still searching for a 325xi. I may wait for 2004 edition. I can be sure i was lied to by a guy at Princeton and I told him I knew he was playing games.
  • Options
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,361
    LOL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Something odd is going on - check out this post: gardyloo "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" Jul 22, 2003 7:42pm

Evantodd, what do you think? Is there any way you might have copied gardyloo's message and posted it without realizing it?

Let me know.
  • Options
    "BMW’s automobile sales were up 17.6 percent in July, with 18,559 cars reported versus 15,779 in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date, BMW automobile sales increased 8 percent to 120,912 in 2003 compared to 111,817 units reported for the first seven months of 2002."
  • Options
    imadroneimadrone Member Posts: 33
    kdshapiro: Sharp eye to have caught that. However, syntax and grammar are so widely disparate in the two postings by evantodd, that one could safely conclude either an inadvertent mistake, or deliberate deceit. I suspect the former.
  • Options
    evantoddevantodd Member Posts: 11
    for the reason that I was trying to find out where the car was bought and from which salesperson.

I am looking for a 325xi and having a hard time finding my colors with black leather. I am now most likely waiting for 2004.
  • Options
    kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    A few of questions for you...

1) Have you had a chance to run them on full-soft settings yet? If so, how does the handling/ride compare to stock setup?

2) How difficult is it to make the stiff-soft adjustments? Can it be done one corner at a time or do you need to lift both fronts/rears at one time? Can ramps be used or must the tires be off the ground?

3) How many settings are there between full soft and full stiff?

thanks!
  • Options
    div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Regarding those conflicting posts-just remember: you're never alone with a schizophrenic...
  • Options

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    abcnycabcnyc Member Posts: 101
    I've got these little tar specks on my car, and I was wondering if anybody has had any good experience using any products removing the tar specks. I know there is a ton of products out there, but I want to make sure I do not affect the clearcoat/paint.
  • Options
    jbailey6jbailey6 Member Posts: 13
    kdshapiro: It's great that you're keeping folks honest around here! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    tcn2ktcn2k Member Posts: 277
    Can anyone recommend a national tire company that does a good job? My last experience with a flat, I brought it over to Discount Tires and they scratch my rim on the edge when taking off the tire to fix the flat. Since then, I have night mares of changing all 4 tires.
  • Options
    tony97007tony97007 Member Posts: 3
    2002 325ci, 3000 miles, silver/black, immaculate, steptronic, sport pkg, moonroof, fold-down seats, CD changer.

$30900

Should I pull the trigger and offer $30k, or wait for a better deal?

-tony
  • Options
    Do a google search for Luxury Motors. Bensenville, Il.. They have about 10-15 325Ci and 325i with under 10K miles... Almost all have step,sport,prem,HK, and Xenons... Perillo BMW, also in Chicago area has a few as well.. Asking prices for these run from $28,900 to $29,900.

Just in general, I'd start them out around $27k to 28K on an offer.. You'll never know how low they might go, if you offer higher. Is this a BMW dealer or private party?

Good luck,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    orkwisorkwis Member Posts: 82
    It's been a long while since I last posted, guess I've just been having too much fun driving. My sad story begins with a nice rock tossed up by a semi and hitting the A-pillar near the windshield. I've got two nice little gouges. I can live with touching it up but my BMW dealer has had my order for 3 months and says it might take another 6 weeks. Any suggestions on a place to buy it off the internet? Anyone else have this problem recently? What's up with BMW that they can't just mix some up and put it in little bottles? The dealer's suggestion was go to a body shop and ask them to mix some up. What the heck am I going to do with a gallon of Alpine White?
  • Options
    adgrantadgrant Member Posts: 13
    Instead of just waiting for an 04 325xi, why not just order one. You will then gte exactly the color combination and options package you want.
  • Options
    honda_autobahnhonda_autobahn Member Posts: 25
    For touch-up paint, try these guys:
    http://www.autovisuals.com/
    Have not ordered any from them yet, but it looks interesting...
  • Options
    scipio1scipio1 Member Posts: 142
    I bought a Titanium silver, fern green and a ruby red pearl (for a Civic) pen from them. Don't expect miracles, in that it won't be like the invention of fire in terms of technological breakthrough. However, it does seem to be a very good substitute for traditional touch-up paint.

The paint seems on par with traditional oem touch-up, and the pen is a marginal improvement for those of us (like me) who are useless with brushes. I have only used the red pen to date.
  • Options
    brave1heartbrave1heart Member Posts: 2,698
    Your letter in the Tech Talk section of the August Roundel was interesting. Not all gas is the same but I had no idea the sulfur content could vary as widely as to cause failures on that scale.
  • Options
    1) Have you had a chance to run them on full-soft settings yet? If so, how does the handling/ride compare to stock setup? ==> not yet but people that have say that they ride noticeably firmer than the stock SP sways as well. After a week with the sways in my car, the bushings seem to have settled and the ride is not as firm as originally experienced after I put in the sways.

2) How difficult is it to make the stiff-soft adjustments? Can it be done one corner at a time or do you need to lift both fronts/rears at one time? Can ramps be used or must the tires be off the ground? ==> Adjustment is very easy as long as you can get underneath the car. One corner at a time should be OK but using jack stands or a ramp would be easier of course. The tires don't have to be off the ground.

3) How many settings are there between full soft and full stiff? there are 3 settings on each end link for the fronts and 2 on each end link for the rears. You could go stiff on one end and soft on the other, so that gives you a medium position as well, so you could say that there are 3 settings in the rear.

One of my driving school instructors and club race winner told me that if I make one change to the suspension, it should be the sways. I love the way the car handles but just like any mods, it is a tradeoff. I noticed a clunking/squeaking noise while turning the wheel at parking lot speeds today, so I'll have to check tomorrow if something needs to be tightened up.
  • Options
    I was passed by a black on black 330xi with heavily tinted windows which was going 90+ and weaving in traffic, sometimes cutting people off just a couple of feet after passing them. This guy did not use his blinkers once in all the frequent opportunities he had. I stayed about 1/2 mile or so behind him for a few miles hoping that he will at least start using his blinkers. My V-1 gave out a Ka band warning and I slowed down to traffic speed. To my amusement and gratification, the copper pulled the 330xi whose moronic driver braked so hard that it caused a tractor-trailer trying to avoid him to leave a 50-ft skidmark. I felt embarrassed for all 3-series owners and BMW drivers in general. I feel that as BMW owners, we should be held to a higher standard of traffic safety and courtesy on the road. I am not condoning speeding or even switching lanes frequently to pass slower traffic. But please do use your blinkers at least and do not cut people off. We drive above-average cars and we owe it to ourselves to try and become above-average drivers as well.
  • Options
    div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    Good points on BMW drivers and a positive image. As for the V8 failures, the sulfur content accelerated the cylinder bore wear in the Nikasil blocks-thus bringing the problem to a head much sooner. It's not the first time BMW had problems with US fuel quality either. Back in the mid 80s BMW had a huge recall to address the issue of excessive carbon deposits on the intake valves-a problem that only US Bimmers seemed to suffer from. BMW NA even sent dealers a tool which bolted to the intake port and cleaned the intake valves using compressed air and ground-up walnut shells. The upside to this fiasco was the fact that BMW was forced to develop a rigorous test to determine which gasolines prevented intake valve deposits . This test has since been adopted by nearly all refiners as a de facto industry standard.
  • Options
    I see that kind of driving every day and it really gets me riled up. You know that guy was sitting in his car thinking about how great of a driver he was... probably oblivious to the fact that if others weren't taking care of him, Darwinism would have eliminated him a long time ago. The other thing that amazes me is the fact that you can drive safely behind someone like that for miles watching his/her actions. Yet they never seem to realize that they aren't actually getting anywhere any faster than the rest of the traffic.

BTW, thanks for the swaybar answers.
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    I beg to differ with your assessment that they're not getting anywhere any faster. Obviously you haven't followed people who have gone to the Yoda School of Driving. A former co-worker and close friend of mine is a nightmare to follow. I'm generally given to setting the cruise at 80 on the freeway and simply changing lanes once in awhile to pass the idiots doing 70 in the fast lane.

This guy though (much like one of my exes) has this ability to see all the cars on the road, judge distance and as if he were in a maze weave, jut, cut, pounce and jet through traffic at uncanny speeds. Times when I've tried to tail him through San Diego I arrive at our destination feeling like I need a shower and a Jack & Coke (I don't drink at all!). If I just stick to my laid back but swift approach I usually arrive at a destination 15 miles away at least 10 minutes after him. Yes, speeds in excess of 100 are not uncommon with him.

In the time I've known him he's never had an accident and swears he only had one about 15 years ago when his passenger mirror clipped a low hanging portion on the back of a semi. The semi didn't notice or slow, so it's not even on his record. He knows the edges of his car perfectly today and can squirt through spots without a hint of hesitation.

The only thing that really endangers him are the people who hit their brakes when he's coming up behind them. If people wouldn't brake when a car approaches from behind at a good clip I'd probably be more inclined to weave and bob through traffic. But the mercurial, skittish nature of drivers makes slaloming too dangerous. It's the paranoid that fear their cars and others that ruin the roads in all manner of driving in my opinion.
  • Options
    All too many times, driving down I95 (especially through VA), I have a car pass me doing the bob and weave through 4 lanes of traffic. There is usually a sea of brake lights following the guy down the road (note following, not leading). In MANY of those cases, I lose sight of the guy for a little while and next thing I know, he's coming up behind me again. It may work for some but definitely not all and probably not most.

btw, is the Yoda Driving School a CCA sponsered event? hahaha
  • Options
    btw, is the Yoda Driving School a CCA sponsered event? hahaha

During high school a bunch of us had a 45 mile roundtrip from our area to our school. One of the guys had this Dodge Dart (the Hyper-Dart we called it) and he'd simply appear and disappear along the route. We all said Matt attended the Yoda School of driving as he never appeared to be rushing, slowing, stopping or doing anything beyond moving in and out of our field of vision. You'd see Matt on the freeway, then he'd be gone. Then you'd see him on a surface street and just as quickly he'd turn down some random street not to be seen again until you pulled up behind him at the light to turn into the school parking lot 6 miles later.
  • Options
    I am no stranger to going very fast and changing lanes frequently in the process. It may save you 15 min or so on a 2-hr trip, so it's not a huge saving considering the risks to your license. However, where I draw the line is endangering other cars and especially forcing them to change their path of travel. Using directionals is key to signaling to other drivers your intentions and the sooner you signal, the safer they and you are.
  • Options
    "...as he never appeared to be rushing, slowing, stopping or doing anything beyond moving in and out of our field of vision."

I would like to think this is cool to do, but driving in a such a way that puts other drivers at risk is simply not to be condoned. People who dart in and out, cut people off, hit the brakes after cutting one off, weaving, are dangerous and aggressive acts that I am sure is a leading contributor to traffic accidents. How many semis do we all say tailgating at 70?

BTW using your directional does not automatically give one the right to complete the lane change or turn.
  • Options
    ptrekkerptrekker Member Posts: 51
    [expletive deleted]? It's someone who is going faster than you.

OBTW, the BMW rechargeable flashlight sure came in handy last night!
  • Options
    KD you're mixing emails, which isn't cool

"...as he never appeared to be rushing, slowing, stopping or doing anything beyond moving in and out of our field of vision."

I would like to think this is cool to do, but driving in a such a way that puts other drivers at risk is simply not to be condoned. People who dart in and out, cut people off, hit the brakes after cutting one off, weaving, are dangerous and aggressive acts that I am sure is a leading contributor to traffic accidents. How many semis do we all say tailgating at 70?

The Matt guy never did that - he drove like a Taoist wants to live - just constantly flowing. My former co-worker was never a cut-off or brake hard person either. He is one aggressive, white-knuckler, but yet he does it in a flowing fashion.

BTW using your directional does not automatically give one the right to complete the lane change or turn.

If there's room and you're not gonna force the drive to brake it sure does. :) anyone who is going faster than me is more than welcome to slip between the 7 foot gap between my front bumper and back bumper of the car in front of me.

I still strongly believe it's the nervous nellies who cause the most commotion on freeways and streets. Braking when a car approaches you from behind is just plain stupid. Getting onto a freeway at less than the speed limit is likewise selfish, irresponsible and stupid. People driving 70 or under in the fast lane qualify as absolute idiots. If only I had a .50 caliber that could pop out of my moonroof...ahh. Rubberneckers would get some lead too. Nobody else's business what happened with cars or the people in them after a crash - just keep going.

Oh my, I hit a rant. sorry. :)
  • Options
    "The Matt guy never did that - he drove like a Taoist wants to live - just constantly flowing. My former co-worker was never a cut-off or brake hard person either. He is one aggressive, white-knuckler, but yet he does it in a flowing fashion."

/rant on
    I see people who flow - they just move around with the traffic never hitting the brakes. However, most flowers just get in front of me long enough to leave 1/4 car length between my front bumper and their rear bumper - going at 65. No matter how much room they have in front of them. They take advantage of an opportunity and the driver in back of them be damned. Moreover, people just turn on their blinker and go. The correct series of events is: look and see if safe and there is ample room so you can yield by law to oncoming traffic, turn on blinker, flow into other lane. However flowers follow this sequence: turn on blinker, flow into other lane, thereby causing the driver you just cut off to apply the brakes; move into other lane.

Most accidents are caused by aggressive driving behaviors and flowers are aggressive as they have no regard for the person in back. Those who had regard wouldn't flow and would change lanes only when safe. By definition a flower puts everybody at risk. You cannot convince me if people left the requisite amount of room between vehicles at high speed and drivers respected each others space, most car crashes would be avoidable.

And yes, I get very nervous when a flower cuts me off at 70 and is so close I can read the head unit on his radio through his rear window. So I step on the brake to put some distance between the cars and a chain reaction starts.

/rant off
  • Options
    "BTW using your directional does not automatically give one the right to complete the lane change or turn. " ==> No-one can dispute that. You are just signaling intentions - putting a bid of a sort.

I believe that keeping a safe distance between cars is crucially important for safety. There is no safe way to follow a car going 70+ mph just 7 ft in front. If you slot between cars, you have to take into consideration that the person behind you would like to keep a safe distance (that is called courtesy) and by slotting 5 ft in front of them, you'd be jeopardizing their safety and yours.
  • Options
    beemer4mebeemer4me Member Posts: 42
    "If I just stick to my laid back but swift approach I usually arrive at a destination 15 miles away at least 10 minutes after him. Yes, speeds in excess of 100 are not uncommon with him."

Lets see now, if I go 60, I can cover 15 miles in 15 minutes. If someone gets there ten minutes ahead of me,he/she covers 15 miles in 5 minutes. So, he/she must average 180 miles an hour along his/her journey. But wait, if I go 80 mph, I get there in only 11.25 minutes- so that means the person I'm following and who will always get there 10 minutes ahead of me gets there in only 1.25 minutes. That puts him/her at an average speed of 720 miles per hour- assuming 100% freeway driving of course. Wonder what rating his/her tires are...hmmm.
         Seriously folks, where I drive there are only 2 lanes going in one direction and I see too many speed bullies who zoom off the on ramp and accelerate just so they can tailgate the minivan doing 70 that got in the fast lane to pass a truck going 55.
  • Options
    Lets see now, if I go 60, I can cover 15 miles in 15 minutes. If someone gets there ten minutes ahead of me,he/she covers 15 miles in 5 minutes. So, he/she must average 180 miles an hour along his/her journey.

no because you're forgetting city driving too. On a surface street with 3-4 lanes on each side many people treat it like a freeway, even if the limit is 35 or 40. On city streets he'll turn down residentials, run yellows and generally moves at about 70-80 mph. You run one or two yellows and in san diego hellish traffic that means you've saved a good 5-6 minutes (sometimes longer) right there.

Yeah, yeah all the holier-than-thous can moan and groan about the dangers of running yellows. Sorry, don't buy it. Never will. I've been driving for 19 years and I've even been in a car that was t-boned by a yahoo who ran a red (he claimed he didn't realize it was red which is possible given that weird intersection), yet i'm infinitely more afraid of the person who continually taps his brakes than I am of some kid whipping down the road in his Civic.

In my experience whenever I see an accident it's because somebody wasn't paying attention or somebody freaked out and did something stupid.
  • Options
    "Yeah, yeah all the holier-than-thous can moan and groan about the dangers of running yellows. Sorry, don't buy it. Never will...."

What holier than thou attitude? You mean the one where one aggressive driver can kill a family of four because the aggressive driver needed to get someplace one minute sooner. That holier than thou attitude? As far as the person who continually taps their brakes, if one doesn't tailgate it becomes an annoyance seeing brake lights, rather than an imminent danger of a collision.

Sorry blueguy, I don't buy the story that it is possible to drive in a safe manner while being aggressive, tailgating, weaving, not safely yielding to the flow of traffic in other lanes, and going at speeds far and away are above the general flow of traffic, putting everyone at risk.

At least with a BMW you have the potential to stop swiftly should you need it. :)
  • Options
    hoopsrefhoopsref Member Posts: 140
    ... probably because I am just an old f@r+. I have lived in Massachusetts for 15 years now after growing up in Delaware. What a change in driving experience. Courtesy? What courtesy? Drivers in some areas of the country , I am now convinced,have driving habits that I am sure is their DNA. Almost everyone up here who lived near or in Boston, for example, are pretty fast drivers. Blinkers? We don't need no stinkin' blinkers. Running yellows? I have never heard that running a yellow was a violation in the areas I have lived. But the red light was always a indication that you should STOP! Not here. You can sit at just about any light around here and you won't wait long to witness someone going through a red a few seconds after it changes. I guess that red was not for them, or maybe it was kinda orange not all red yet!
    And of course we have the "pull out in your lane to block you so they can get out" move! You'll get cut off left and right if you don't watch yourself. Oh yeah, and then, these same discourtesy road warts will STOP abruptly when you would expect it...WHY, you may ask? ...because
    they want to be "courtesy" and let someone out of side driveway, street... causing a sea of brake lights and nose dives behind. So,if any of you guys are bored with your local drivers, come on out and you too can work on your motorcross skills and avoidance techniques. The scary thing is that sometimes I do something like "they" do and I say, "Oh my God, I am turning to one of them! When I first moved here I was also ticked off at a driver some move. Then after learning the local "customs" I no longer get upset or increase my blood pressure when I have a "maneuver" pulled in front me.
  • Options
    What holier than thou attitude? You mean the one where one aggressive driver can kill a family of four because the aggressive driver needed to get someplace one minute sooner.

Bad things happen. If the family of 4 gets clipped, spun and sent into a Jersey wall because dad felt it was his "right" to do 70 in the left lane and he refused to move into the safe right lane when a faster car approached and blinked its lights...no sympathy. Drivers who pay attention don't hog lanes.

That holier than thou attitude? As far as the person who continually taps their brakes, if one doesn't tailgate it becomes an annoyance seeing brake lights, rather than an imminent danger of a collision.

Imminent danger of a collision? If you're approaching someone from behind at a faster rate and said person brakes, what happens now? They've now endangered themselves because your speed differential is greater. It's typical on freeways and annoying. "Huh, BMW coming up behind me fast, I know I'll brake so now he's coming up even faster - yeah this can only help matters."

Sorry blueguy, I don't buy the story that it is possible to drive in a safe manner while being aggressive, tailgating, weaving, not safely yielding to the flow of traffic in other lanes,

Yielding to the flow of traffic - ie, nobody needs to hit their brakes. If someone slides into your lane be it 20 feet in front of you or 12 inches, if they're going X miles per hour faster than you, then you will not need to ever get near the brake as the person moving in front of you won't disrupt your flow.

This goes for merging onto the freeway, turning right on city streets, etc. The object isn't to simply get into a lane but to do so without causing any other driver to ever accelerate or decelerate because you've made your move.

How can you call it disruptive if the person NEVER impedes your way? Now if some idiot jumps into your lane 40 feet ahead but he's only doing 55 in his Expedition, he is disrupting the flow of the lane.

and going at speeds far and away are above the general flow of traffic, putting everyone at risk.

If done correctly, the other drivers are not hassled in any fashion. As I've said before someone can slip into my lane if they're going faster than me. I won't get agitated because I don't have to brake or change my flow because of their decision.

We view this very differently. I drive with two things in mind. 1. Don't get in anyone's way that wants to go faster - thus if i'm doing 80 in the fast lane and I see the lights of a car approaching from behind I will move to the right at the soonest opportunity. 2. Noboby else should stand in my way either. If someone wants to do 70 on the freeway, god bless em, just have the courtesy to move if a faster car approaches. But silly me, that's expecting drivers would pay attention, heed to faster traffic and respect the actions of fellow drivers.

You know what puts a smile on my face? It's late at night, i'm kicking it on a drive home. i see a pair of lights zipping up. I ease to the right and the car roars by me. Ahead I see another person in the left lane also slide over. The guy procedes, never having to change his speed. I continue to see this for a mile ahead until the speeder disappears for good over the horizon. That's nice. That's the way it should be. But I know eventually he'll come up behind someone who will say "this is my lane and I'm doing 80, so live with it."
    At least with a BMW you have the potential to stop swiftly should you need it. :)

And with a BMW I'm treated to kids at stoplights revving their engines, random people talking to me regarding my car, and all manner of annoyances I never experienced in my days driving anonymous German and Japanese cars. I love my car, I just wish it were not a BMW.
  • Options
    blueguy - I've lived in Orange County CA for a number of years and now live in NJ. The drivers in CA seem to be much more courteous. However, if a person in back is approaching a person in front it is the responsibility of the person in back. Even if a "left lane Richard", otherwise known as the left lane Dick, is going slowly in the left lane blocking traffic. Where a person goes in and out of traffic where there is plenty of room, nobody is hogging the left lane is a different story, than driving, for example, on the Garden State Parkway at rush hour. Where the Parkway is jammed with people going 70+, inches away from the car in front on them, and people cut-in and out, tailgate, blow the horn, etc, not caring for their fellow travelers. Being assertive and aggressive in a car in these parts has resulted in many too many fatalities lately.
  • Options
    aldubyaaldubya Member Posts: 38
    Live in the Detroit suburbs and coping with the great "blackout of 2003". Just got power back and water - hooray! Catching up on reading all the messages. Intrigued by "blueguydotcom" and his slaloming driving. Brave1heart's "Rules of the Road" certainly make sense to me. Can live with that.
  • Options
    Intrigued by "blueguydotcom" and his slaloming driving. Brave1heart's "Rules of the Road" certainly make sense to me. Can live with that.

Whoa, I don't do that. I pick a lane and stick to it unless I need to zip around someone. When people are in the car I don't even break 80.

KD, I hear you totally. In thick traffic I think it's taking a huge risk to move and dodge - yet i know people who do it. I don't like doing it - mostly because I want to keep my house. :)
  • Options
    beemer4mebeemer4me Member Posts: 42
    "if you don't drive like I drive, you are an idiot (or a maniac, depending on the perspective of the one judging)". Pretty much sum this up? "

I don't agree- the current discussion is about driving safely in your bmw. I don't buy the "everything is relative and we're all right in our own little way" argument for whatever it is applied to.There are certain objective risk factors that are proven to be associated with accidents and that is why they are written into law. Running yellows not dangerous? Don't make me laugh. Are you sure you can make it all the way across before it turns red? In California, if any part of your vehicle is still in the intersection when the light turns red, you're ticket meat. What about that mom with the baby carriage in a hurry to get home who steps onto the crosswalk as soon as it turns green? Do they deserve to die because they didn't see the [expletive] driver who prefers to run yellows but miscalculated?
  • Options
    Okay - I'll drop it. I get my ire up because of the total lack of respect and courtesy on the roads here. Trucks and buses included. I don't want myself or my family killed because someones in a hurry to get through a yellow or red light. I never repeat, never, go through a yellow light unless it is physically unavoidable. Such as travelling the speed limit on local roads and the light turns yellow you are on top of it, and you absolutely cannot stop in time. This is much to the chagrin of my wife and fellow tailgaters. Better get there safe, than either not at all or with a ticket.
  • Options
    memphis10memphis10 Member Posts: 161
    Here is the car I am interested in. Can someone tell me if the prices for mats and documentation fee in line with what they have paid. Also, what would be a good price for this car.

2003 325i, 5 speed

Base: $27,800, xenon: $700, sport: $1400, premium: $2700, destination & hdl: $695, metallic paint: $475, mats: $150, and documentation fee: $198. Total: $34,118.
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    Just drove 635 miles round trip today in my wife's '00 323ia. Did same 635 miles last week, too. (Getting kids to and from summer camp.) Her car drove and rode magnificently. Outstanding ride. Roomy for all four of us. No complaints about the seats. Big enough trunk that uses the space saving multi-link hinges. Had enough space for one week of luggage for two kids. Good cupholders. Great a/c. Averaged 31 mpg driving 74 mph. (For about 50 miles I did play follow-the-leader behind a Corvette driving about 95-100 mph. Had no trouble staying with him.)
  • Options
    ptrekkerptrekker Member Posts: 51
    >>Bad things happen. If the family of 4 gets clipped, spun and sent into a Jersey wall because dad felt it was his "right" to do 70 in the left lane and he refused to move into the safe right lane when a faster car approached and blinked its lights...no sympathy. Drivers who pay attention don't hog lanes.

Wow. If you ever get cause an accident this line will come to haunt you. I would blow this up for the jury in my opening. Say goodbye to your house.
  • Options
    In California, if any part of your vehicle is still in the intersection when the light turns red, you're ticket meat. What about that mom with the baby carriage in a hurry to get home who steps onto the crosswalk as soon as it turns green? Do they deserve to die because they didn't see the [expletive] driver who prefers to run yellows but miscalculated?

Ah, the law in california is that you last axle must be across the crosswalk line by the time the light turns red. I remember when the law changed a couple years back as it used to be front tires over the crosswalk line was enough.

Wow. If you ever get cause an accident this line will come to haunt you. I would blow this up for the jury in my opening. Say goodbye to your house.

A. It'd never be found. B. there's no way to prove it was me (the person being sued by money-hungry leeches), or even if it was my account you'can prove I wrote it over a friend using my computer. C. I may be medicated currently ;) D. I have an entire site that shows a proclivity toward writing inflammatory arguments. But of course, A is the most important one.

Of course, I don't hit people, so this is moot. Scratch my ZHP, don't think so. :)
  • Options
    I ran my first autoX with the UUC sway bars today. Wow, what a difference!! Get them if you can - the car stays nice and flat in corners and it sticks really well. You can start putting power through the wheels earlier when exiting and it is overall a lot more forgiving: it lets you get away with a verbal for "offences" that require some serious penalty ;o)