Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jdubs1017jdubs1017 Member Posts: 17
    Asheboro Honda, Asheboro, NC...nice deal I'm thinking for both of us. Congrats!
  • Options
    joyful2joyful2 Member Posts: 4
    If you bought 2007 EXL-RES and NAVI in NJ or NY recently, could you share your OTD price (just Odyssey price, not including any trade-in)? Please let me know if you paid cash or had any financing options for that price.
    Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    wes3803wes3803 Member Posts: 1
    If you are in Northern VA Can either of you share what dealership you are working with? I have decided to go odyssey route and now need to start the process of contacting dealerships for price quotes. Thanks.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Heard some interesting news today. Reportedly, the holdback on Odysseys has been reduced from 3% to 2% on all units shipped after January 4. This will give dealers less room to play with and may nudge street prices up a bit.

Don't know if this applies to other Honda models as well.

Perhaps isell can enlighten us further.
  • Options
    jrshatjrshat Member Posts: 1
    I got an out-the-door of $38600, including locking lug nuts, mud flaps, transportation, other fees, taxes, title, the whole 10 yards. According to Edmunds TMV I got a pretty good deal. Having dealt with a dealer for 5 years, with two 2002 Hondas, I of course felt an imperative to deal with them for the Touring. They brow beat me on price, suddenly gave in to a negotiated price when I told them I was talking to another dealer. Then I get there and they don't even have a single Touring model in the state!! .....and wanted to charge me to get one. Well, I fell back on the 2nd dealer I had been working with on the net and he beat the price I had obtained from the first dealer. And, they are great to work with. CareyPaul Honda, Snellville, Georgia. Took two hours but I am out and loving it.
  • Options
    bcvc71_libcvc71_li Member Posts: 51
    I just signed a deal for an EX-L in Suffolk County, NY. While not the deal of the century, I think I did ok given the add-ons and the trade-in that were part of the deal. So, I'm posting this to help anyone in the region with their own negotiations. This is how it broke down:

$29,148 (for EX-L; inclds $595 dest chg and a claimed $250 NY/LI Honda Dealer Assocn chg)
    + 1,000 (for installed back-up sensors, cargo tray, splash guards, and wheel locks)
    $30,148 (total for EX-L with add-ons)
    - 1,200 (value of my trade-in)
    $28,948
    + 2,497 (Suffolk County tax at 8.625%)
    + 195 (registration, tags, etc.; includes a $45 dealer processing charge)

$31,640 TOTAL OTD PRICE with 3.9% special financing.

I may have been able to save a few hundred dollars more if I did an email campaign to all LI dealers, but the time savings in just getting the deal done at a local dealer was worth it to me.

Thanks for all the great info on this board. It helped immensely.
  • Options
    vanvenumvanvenum Member Posts: 8
    EX-L with DVD = 28540
    Destination = 595
    Tax (7%) = 2039
    Total = 31833 (4yr NJ registration included)

I have asked for backup/forward sensor installed. Yet, to get quote. One things I missed in exteneded warranty.

Is there any other important item, should I look/ask for? Please let me know.
    Thanks
  • Options
    bcvc71_libcvc71_li Member Posts: 51
    That looks like a great price for the vehicle.

The agreed-on price I received for the backup sensors with installation was $796. I was told this was at dealer cost for parts and labor. That may or may not be true.

Good luck and let us all know what your final numbers are when you complete your deal.
  • Options
    gopichandgopichand Member Posts: 3
    I got EXL with wheel locks,cross bars for 29,485 OTD (incl 7% tax) in NJ. I bought this on 30th Dec, I did not get 3.9% though.
  • Options
    claude618claude618 Member Posts: 15
    Greetings,

I'm interested in leasing a 2007 Odyssey EX-L DVD (no nav) and I'm browsing what is available to me now. In doing so, I heard that President's weekend is a big weekend for lease deals. So the questions is, do I wait?

Current offer: At a high level I was told I could get a deal (including taxes) for under $400 with no money down (36 mo / 12k). From what I am seeing, I'm not sure deals get too much better than that. Am I wrong? Do I pounce or wait? How low have they historically gotten?

Thanks!

Claude
  • Options
    exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    Has anybody purchased an Odyssey in the Washington DC metro area after the New Years? I must have requested 20 or so quotes in VA and MD for the EX-L NAV and DVD. The best I got so far is invoice. Has anybody done any better this year? It seems that the further north from the beltway, the cheaper it is.
  • Options
    researchdealresearchdeal Member Posts: 6
    who is the internet manager?
    I deal with a guy there but not sure whether he is the manager or not
    thanks!
  • Options
    hondajapanhondajapan Member Posts: 15
    I am looking for a 2007 Odyssey with EXL NAV RES.The best offer I got so far is 31,595+TTL(8.75%).Is it worth?
  • Options
    mtbgomtbgo Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

The best I got was $750 under invoice with $49 processing fee for EX-L with RES. My target purchase date is this weekend, and we could negotiate together to make a better deal. I can give you the contact information if you send me an email.
  • Options
    rdworski1rdworski1 Member Posts: 20
    Bought mine at Coleman in Columbia but first I got email quotes from 6 others. I would suggest you decide which dealer you want to buy from and ask the regular salesperson if he will match an Internet quote from other dealers. Do not get Internet quote from his dealership.
  • Options
    Try Sport Honda. They gave me lowest Internet quote but that was on December 22 and it was only an EX at about $1000 below invoice.
  • Options
    vaautovaauto Member Posts: 4
    Sport had the best quote online.. next was ourisman but watch out for the honda dealer added extra junk. If you are from VA buying in MD will save you a few hundred dollars. Also some of the dealers have coupons that are part of the automated return email.
  • Options
    mtbgo, you got mail. :D
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I got a quote from Sport. They are $300 over invoice and they don’t have the color I am looking for in stock.
  • Options
    wood_stone001wood_stone001 Member Posts: 2
    this board helped a lot. just got my 2007 silver EX-L in AL from Tameron Honda:

$27500+TTL(3.75% tax)+fees($399).
    dealer invoice price $25,598.

the salesperson I talked to is very helpful. sent a dozen email inquiries for EX and EX-L, the best offer I got for an EX is $29443 from Presicion Honda in AL. But I decided to go for an EX-L.
  • Options
    mabazamabaza Member Posts: 21
    Hey gang,

Best deal I can get in Madison WI is 28K before TTL. This is for a straight EX-L with no Res/Nav. I can get $27.5K if I feel like driving to Illinois, but it's hardly worth my time for $500. OTD price will be about $29640. I've been working this deal for a while...should i pull the trigger?
  • Options
    desi0desi0 Member Posts: 3
    Bugabooj, Your buy price was great. I was looking for an EX 2007 in Los Angeles. Can you please tell where you purchased your van?

Thanks
  • Options
    wood_stone001wood_stone001 Member Posts: 2
    $24993 +ttl+fee for EX, sorry.
  • Options
    Hi,

I highly recommend anyone near Raleigh, NC looking for a friendly, fair, professional sales experience at a great price...then check out Asheboro Honda. I don't work there! I just got a great deal on an 07 EX-L w/NAV and RES. Forget about the dealers in Cary!! Thanks to those on this site who offered up great information! I think we got a great van at a great price!!

Regards.
  • Options
    you must be looking for the nimbus grey?
  • Options
    acuratacurat Member Posts: 87
    OK, you asked for "historical" lease pricing...

As Honda was clearing out the 2004s in May 2004 in preparation for launch of the redesigned 2005, I snagged an '04 EX-L (no nav or DVD) at $293 + tax per month with zero cap cost reduction. Selling price was right around $25K. Effective money factor was almost zero. This was on Memorial Day weekend in the Los Angeles area. :shades:

I leased initially for 24 months and then extended for a year. Gotta decide soon whether to buy the '04 for the $16.8K residual (tax included I believe) or get a new one. My wife is perfectly happy with the '04 but as she is directionally challenged I'm thinking nav. The kids still haven't forgiven me for getting rid of the '03 with RES ( :lemon: ) so this could get expensive...

I'd also check the Leasing thread, many times the host will post the current money factors and residuals so you can do your own math.
  • Options
    amurtpamurtp Member Posts: 1
    I checked with a dozen of dealers in NC and the best quote
    I got is Invoice ($25846) + $100 + tax/tag/fees =
    OTD: $27200

Seems dealders are very reluctant to lower down to invoice price. Maybe it's because 0.9 APR right now? Do any folks have similiar experience in NC?
  • Options
    Yes, I am. How did you know? Are you one of the salespeople I contacted? :P
  • Options
    beard13beard13 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to get some idea of the best price on 2007 Odyssey EX-L (no RES or NAV) in nimbus gray. I'm in Chattanooga but willing to drive for the best deal (Atlanta, Knoxville, Nashville, Birmingham). Looking for OTD price.

Have two small kids and don't have the time to sit in a dealer's office all day!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    The quest for the nimbus grey was the same. It made things bit more difficult.
  • Options
    mnrmnr Member Posts: 2
    it's a very good price. could you please post the dealer name and number or email.

Thank You.

mnr
  • Options
    mnrmnr Member Posts: 2
    Is any one got the better deal on it in Florida, please reply. I am looking for one van and I chose this. Please help with dealer name and lowest out the door price you got.

Thank You all.
  • Options
    enochrootenochroot Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    I have found a 2006 Touring in my area that is being offered to me at 31,900 plus TTT. The dealer has told me that they can sell it to me as a New car (it is untitled and has 'no mileage' on it) or as a Certified Used car, and suggested that I should buy it Certified Used as that will get me an extra year on the warranty.

My question is, has anyone heard of this being done before, and should I care one way or the other if I am satisfied with the car? I have a suspicion that the dealer may be trying to pass off a used car as new but really don't know for sure, I may have a better idea when I get a look at it myself and see if there actually is some real mileage on it.

Are there any reasons why I should prefer to sign New or Certified Used paperwork if I truly am offered the option at the end of the day? It's the same car for the same price either way.

Lastly, I see Edmunds currently lists the TMV for a new '06 Ody Touring w/o Nav at $34,223 and invoice at $33,516, while their appraisal for the same car as Certified Used (assuming 50 miles on the car) is only $31,533 +/- minor color and location adjustments. Any idea why there would be such a large difference for essentially the exact same car?

Thanks all!
    -EnochRoot
  • Options
    cylee22cylee22 Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    Can I get that contact info?
  • Options
    As I mentioned before, I bought at Coleman in Columbia. My salesperson agreed to match any Internet quote and he did. I was only on dealership about 1 hour because there finance guy is really fast and does not play games.
  • Options
    barbarowinsbarbarowins Member Posts: 6
    I am in Howard County MD and have received a price of 33784 which includes wheel locks and splash guards for a Touring NAV/DVD Odyssey. The price does not include freight, taxes, tags and delivery fee (99). The freight, taxes, tags and delivery are the same at every dealership that I've talked to/emailed. I think this is a good price, what do others think?
  • Options
    barbarowinsbarbarowins Member Posts: 6
    The salesman just called to tell me that he made a mistake (!) and the price is really 35784......... I thought that price was too good to be true! What has anyone paid this month for an 07 Touring with NAV and DVD in MD/VA/DC area?
  • Options
    mabazamabaza Member Posts: 21
    *bump*
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Perhaps somebody will have a different opinion but this sounds screwy as hell.

It's either new and would be titled to you off an MSO or it's not. I can't see how it could possibly be either/or.

As far as the price difference between new and used - yup, new ones do depreciate once driven off the lot. That said, your quoted Edmunds's TMV for a new '06 Touring RES is way high.
  • Options
    VA / MD Thanks for the good reading over the past few weeks I am sure it saved me some coin
    EXL - RES Jan 07 price quote + freight + tax + tag and processing fee
    Sport 28,940 +F+T&T+49
    Ourisman 29,140 + F + T & T +100 (best trade offer)
    Sheehy 29,024 + F + T & T +329
    Fairfax, Bill Page, Brown 29,441 +F + T & T + 299
    Landmark 29500 +F + T & T + 299
    Tysons 31050 F + T & T + 299

Honda dealer added extras ":P " put up a good fight :mad:

The trade makes it hard to determine the real prices but I received the best offer was a few 100's greater than TMV and a few 1000's more than the little black book.
  • Options
    dahotdogkingdahotdogking Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 07 exl nav+dvd for 31,000 +ttl in chicago, I hope i got a good deal.
  • Options
    teeter007teeter007 Member Posts: 4
    Did that include shipping ($595?)

thanks
  • Options
    teeter007teeter007 Member Posts: 4
    That's exactly what I'm looking for, how much did you get it for?

Thanks
  • Options
    $32,925 OTD. May be tough to come by now though. I would think you can get it close. Talk with their internet sales manager online first! Let me know!
  • Options
    claude618claude618 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the info! Turns out (as I suspected thanks to this board) my sales rep was giving me ballpark figures for an old lease deal. He didn't even come CLOSE to the range he initially told me when he finally worked through the figures.

Looks like I'll be waiting for presidents day weekend. This appears to the be the WRONG time to be leasing an Odyssey or a Sienna.

Thanks,

Claude
  • Options
    wedderburnwedderburn Member Posts: 1
    I'm being quoted $28.4k + $53 in fees before IL taxes of 6.25%. Is this reasonable for the (rural) Mid-west?

Thx!

w.
  • Options
    rp07rp07 Member Posts: 6
    I am in Northern NJ and am looking to close a deal on an '07 EX-L with DVD and Nav. I have one quote for $100 over invoice (plus tax and title stuff). My research tells me invovie price is $32,012, so that would be a purchase price of $32,112. Can anyone let me know if they have been able to negotiate prices below invoice? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    Don't be taken! Use the request quote feature on Honda's website and car buying websites like Carsdirect.com to get quotes from dealers within reasonable driving distance to you. I used this method to obtain quoted from 14 dealers in NJ. The price delta is from $750 above invoice to $1400 below invoice. Naturally, I went to the lowest which happens to be 15 miles from my house. Just closed the deal today for an EX-L NAV/DVD in silver for $34,000 OTD with fog lights installed. And I opted for the 0.9% financing, can't refuse free money when 3 year CDs pay 5%. DMV for 4 years was $354 and doc fee was $129. Too bad the 7% sales tax was not negotiable. Hope I got myself a good deal on this as I spent 8 days emailing and talking to the low bidders. Much thanks to everyone for the tips and contacts posted.
  • Options
    rp07rp07 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info. I did go to the Honda website earlier this week and requested quotes from 3 local dealers. Suprisingly, however, I have gotten no response from any of them. I am going to 3 different dealers on Sat. and will try to work the price down.
  • Options
    Get email quotes from dealers in places farther away like Baltimore,Annapolis etc. You may have make up an address and zip code to get quotes out of Howard County. Do not get quotes by phone. Unless you have Internet salesman already, Coleman should match.