Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hangaralf1hangaralf1 Member Posts: 107
    have my eyes on 06 ody lx sage green in central PA - they are asking $23470, which is $ 55 over invoice according to Kelley blue book (couldn't find price for 06 on edmunds) (with ttl, $25145.7 otd) - what should i ask for? and/or do i pay that and get free accessories (mats, rack etc.)
  • Options
    hondafordhondaford Member Posts: 51
    I am in Mendocino county. May wait until apr to buy or lease, but for the right deal may do so early. My email is in profile for display. am looking at Toouring with nav
  • Options
    milenkodmilenkod Member Posts: 4
    Well, I went to Dublin Honda and struck a deal for a Touring + RES/NAV at $36,800 + TTL. The negotiation started to go downhill when they beat me up on my trade-in. Then it went "no-deal" when they quoted me monthly payment at the current rate. Does this sound correct....$36,800 + TTL -$4000 (trade+some cash) at 6.39% 60mos = $778/mo????? I think there's some funny math going on? Somewhere I figured it to be $625+/-....am I wrong?
  • Options
    bayboy8688bayboy8688 Member Posts: 11
    anybody bought one? what's the price? Thanks
  • Options
    chicagonewcomechicagonewcome Member Posts: 4
    I bought EX-L on Dec 22 from Honda Lisle. sale price $27215 + 8.75% tax + 57 doc fee + 143 plates. I think you could get better deal if you are a good bargainer (ask for Robin, she is a nice lady). You can try to contact Honda on Grand to beat it (ask for John). They contacted me after I made my purchase with Lisle.
  • Options
    dolphindolphin Member Posts: 71
    on a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)...they started her at the MSRP for the EX-L with Nav...I just showed them the pricing here and they are heading over there now...I hope they yell and scream and make a scene and either get the van with Nav or get their priced severly reduced...
  • Options
    tkrivotkrivo Member Posts: 7
    Sienna better? We own an '05 Sienna and I would stay away from them. Sienna has a major problem with their throttle by wire system. It drives both my wife and I crazy, I wish we would have waited for the Odyssey. I've driven the Odyssey recently and I think their is no comparison, go for the Honda.
  • Options
    tkrivotkrivo Member Posts: 7
    We own an '05 Sienna and there is a big problem with the throttle by wire transmission. It is the most annoying thing my wife and I have ever experienced. I would avoid the Sienna for that reason alone...very disappointed with our Sienna. I've heard this problem is rearing it's head on the new Camrys as well.
  • Options
    waltermittywaltermitty Member Posts: 2
    I have this offer in writing from a dealer here in Florida. is it a good deal? i'm itching to get a 07 EXL. TIA

Hi ,
    I appreciate you opportunity to earn you business but the quote from the other deal was extremely low and approximately $1246.06 under the factory invoice.

Here are my final numbers with my out the door price.

Total Selling Price $27,152.00
    Dealer Fees $599.95
    Fla - Tire and Bat Fee $8.50
    SUB TOTAL $27,760.45
    Sales Tax $1,665.63
    S/Chg Dade $50, Palm Beach $25 $25.00
    Est. Tag, Title transfer. (Bal Refunded) $200.00
    Balance owing on Trade $0.00
    Total Delivered Price $29,651.08
    Partial Payment $0.00
    Additional Down Payment $0.00
    Balance Due on Delivery $29,651.08

I can offer a free oil change and get your add ons you requested at $250.00 for the cargo tray,wheel locks, and tint.

I hope to hear from you soon.
  • Options
    baburbabur Member Posts: 1
    "I am in MA, the best I got among about 10 dealers right now is $30545 including destination. ........"

I am looking for 07 EX-L with NAV and RES-DVD
    Can you send me the dealer/contact person name?

thanks,
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    It's a good price (and shows how much the Florida market has changed). Bear in mind that the dealer fee should simply be treated as part of the price of the vehicle (because, among other reasons, you're paying tax on it).

What's up with fees relative to both Dade and Palm Beach counties?

What was the "...quote from the other deal...[?]"

I don't have any feel for the cost of tint but it can't be much since the only windows that could possibly be tinted would be the front door side glass. The cargo tray and wheels locks are worth $150 max.
  • Options
    vsahijwanivsahijwani Member Posts: 1
    This forum was quite helpful in helping me buying this van. Here is the price i paid in Maryland.

$32600 (OTD price includes all taxes, ttl, etc). From Ourisman Honda of Laurel. Not the greatest buying experience but I was game for the deal.
  • Options
    gopichandgopichand Member Posts: 3
    Just bought EX L (Silver) for 29,500 OTD in NJ. I think this is the best price for EXL. The dealer told me that he is giving this price because of the end of the year. ;)
  • Options
    bayboy8688bayboy8688 Member Posts: 11
    Do you think it's worth it? The sales guys would tell you the Odyssey will run forever without problems, but when you are doing the purchase paper work, the finance guys will tell you their Odyssey has many problems--transimission problems, recalls, etc. and will remind you of Passport fate, and will almost force you to buy the warranty(I am very sure they get some comission).

What do you think? Is it worth it? How much is the chance that you ever need to use it?

Thanks
  • Options
    svntnsvntn Member Posts: 2
    can you let me know which dealer did you buy from?
  • Options
    kmom2kmom2 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 07 EX-L for 27424 from Autowest, so virtually the same price there. Now, if I hadn't bought the overpriced warranty, I'd be in good shape. I know better, and they still get me every time.
  • Options
    Went to new Livermore Honda on Dec 30th and walked out with a Silver Pearl Touring....
    $36000 + TTL and got decent $ for my trade....too bad the dealer around the corner from me in Dublin was not motivated to earn me year-end business. Livermore worked the deal to where the financing was over $150 less per month over Dublin's numbers. What a shame that Dublin was so dishonest.
  • Options
    gopichandgopichand Member Posts: 3
    Metro Honda, Jersey City. I got good quotes from Vip Honda and DCH Academy Honda also.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    A couple of points: $1600 is too much for that warranty. Unless you're in Florida you can buy the same thing later for less elsewhere. There's a separate thread on Honda entended warranties right on this site.

IMHO, pass on it regardless of price unless you are buying an R&N model.
  • Options
    ramanimramanim Member Posts: 8
    What happened to the Bay Area group looking for an EX-L - did they get a better deal working as a group?
  • Options
    shaliloglushaliloglu Member Posts: 36
    Best price I can do for this vehicle is $29K excluding taxes etc. I am in NC.
    Can anyone offer any suggestion as to if this is a good price for this vehicle. should I try to haggle some. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.....
    June
  • Options
    vinwvinw Member Posts: 10
    got my Ody from Walnut Creek at 27280 yesterday. OTD is 29962.69 ( tax rate is 8.75 in alameda CA ).

If someone want to get one, just go there and tell Jeff that you are one in the group, you will get one with this price by Jan 2. You may pay less if you live in other countries.
  • Options
    jcguardjcguard Member Posts: 1
    We just picked up an '07 Touring w/RES+NAV at El Cerrito Honda.

Price was $35,500 before TTL (and $38,505. OTD)
    Wheel locks and 'propack' thrown in at no cost.

No haggle, no problems, and no disappointment.
    90% of the deal was via email.

All in one day.

I simply gave them the number I wanted to pay and they said "no problem! When can you come in?" :)

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone to provide personal info for the sale contract since I told the salesperson that I wanted to spend as little time as possible there (sign the papers, pay the down, take the keys, & drive away).

I didn't even need to show them any of the quotes from other dealers.

What I think helped us in our favor?

- Pre-approved financing (credit union)
    - No trade-in.
    - Last day of the month/year.
    - and really a good Internet sales person.

I hope my next car purchase is that easy.

Oh, and stay away from Menlo Honda in RWC.

They over promised and under delivered.

I ended up getting a refund on my $500 deposit and voided my sales contract there since they never delivered the vehicle they said they had in stock.
  • Options
    svntnsvntn Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am looking to buy the same vehicle. Can you do me a favor to send me a copy of the sales order that you got from Metro Honda (with your name and address blinded)? My e-mail is tzhang2@gmail.com.
  • Options
    Bravo!!! You beat me by $500..thought I have the deal of the forum. To be honest, we knew we wanted an Odessy or Sienna since test driving them a year and 1/2 ago but never thought to actually buy one at this time. I took the day off on Thursday as a Christmas present to my wife (got a baby sitter for the kids for the day). We went out to a sushi lunch and my wife asked to go look at some cars. We ended the day at a Honda dealer feeling out pricing. I started a price war over the phone with several dealers and ended up with Livermore Honda begging to earn my business, and that's where I bought my Touring.

All in all, considering this as an impulse buy for me (I usually research for weeks before a decision like this)I thought I did good on the deal and happy with the way everything ended.
  • Options
    ellieandmommyellieandmommy Member Posts: 9
    Sorry, just saw this question...No did not have a trade in, no money down either.
  • Options
    So since I paid $34,839 for 07 Touring w/RES & NAV a couple weeks ago, does that mean I win? :) lol
    (plus $45 doc fee and $73 license fee and tax of course which was $2462.00)
  • Options
    dgwildgwil Member Posts: 2
    I started over at odyclub.com.... but thought I would share my experience here as well.

Live in Dallas area, bought at McDavid Houston even though there are 7-8 dealers in DFW area (2 of which are McDavid!). Here is why...

'07 Silver Touring R&N, $34400 --> $36800 OTD (incl. 6.25% TX tax and all doc/license fee). Oh, also includes $100 one-way plane ticket to go get it. Sales guy even said he would personally pick me up from the airport. Less than one hour in dealership.

Only downside was 260 mile drive home, but it was easy with NAV and XM playing. ;)
  • Options
    OK...I guess you win!

But did you get mud flaps and wheel locks with that price?? :shades: :D he he

That IS a smokin' deal though! Good for you!

Now can anybody beat that???
  • Options
    dgwildgwil Member Posts: 2
    Yes, got the mud flaps / wheel locks. I also have environmental protection package (whatever that is!). I didn't ask what it was since I didn't discover it on the option list until I got home.

I thought I saw a better price on one of the forums, but it was only $100-200 bucks better.

I had polled some of the other local dealers trying to get a match, but two advised me to take the deal as they couldn't get close. I didn't want to push my luck and potentially loose the car, as it was their last Touring with R&N on the lot and I had our preferred color, Nimbus Gray, sold out from underneath me in Dallas the day before :mad: . But thats OK, that is why I looked elsewhere and found the better price.

I am just glad I looked at the forums and didn't take the offer from the first dealership ($36700 + TTL), although it is only 4 miles from the house.

Thanks to all those who post--- it makes for a lot of reading, but the more people that post the more we save!!!
  • Options
    mfast1mfast1 Member Posts: 9
    I was at a local dealer this weekend. They have the last 06 Touring for sale. The price seems fair $31,545 for a new 06 Touring. I tried to negotiate a lower price and they said no go when I offered them $30k. I walked out and left my number. The salesguy said "don't expect a call". They stated that the price is currently $1500 below invoice and if they sold it at $30k they would be "loosing $3000" I am not sure if I want the Touring model as I have heard bad things about the run flat tires.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    chaulagi2chaulagi2 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for this car with OTD price. Anyone could give me best price that I can buy one.

Thanks for your help
  • Options
    chaulagi2chaulagi2 Member Posts: 4
    do you have this price in Orange County, Ca?
  • Options
    stradi2stradi2 Member Posts: 3
    I was a late addition to the group, and by the time I joined, other guys have pretty much have done all the work. Got my EXL from Capital Honda at 27275 or 29822 OTD. A little less tax than vinw cause I live in Santa Clara county.
  • Options
    tcltcl Member Posts: 42
    Ask for an internet quote from Riverside Honda and Penske Honda in Ontario. I found they have the lowest quote in the
    Southern Cal area. Good luck.
  • Options
    trustgod1trustgod1 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone kindly guide what is the best price for

(EX-L with Navigation™ and DVD Rear Entertainment System )

I am in Seattle area. Thank you for kind suggestions.
  • Options
    piscator21piscator21 Member Posts: 2
    After successfully using tips from this forum...I paid $30,883 for an EX-L with RES and NAV in my preferred color (Nimbus Grey) at Hansel Honda in Petaluma, CA (north bay). This price paid included destination fee.

I received quotes from all over the bay area and had a couple of dealers (including Hansel) willing to meet/beat the lowest quote. Since Hansel was closest to me in Marin and would meet lowest quote, I went to Hansel. Overall experience was pleasant because they had what I wanted at the price they committed.

My OTD price was $30,883 (car price) + $2,396 (7.75% tax for Marin county) + $272.75 (state of CA licensing fees) = $33,552.
  • Options
    honda2007honda2007 Member Posts: 2
    Could you provide the email or contact information with the person you worked at Hansel Honda.
  • Options
    piscator21piscator21 Member Posts: 2
    Dan Thompson - Internet sales guy. He is the one who responded to the pricing request I initiated from Edmunds.

dthompson@hansel.dealerspace.com
  • Options
    bgould1bgould1 Member Posts: 19
    EXL No Nav or RES, Mudguards
    For those of you in the ATL area my experience with Milton Martin Honda was great. Total time in the dealership was about 12 minutes on 12/26. I wrote a check for 27997 + TTL to be paid where I live and left with the van. The process was painless. The internet sales manager handled everything over the phone and Fedex and I never even sat down with anyone. I was very, very pleased. My initial contact was by phone and he offered 27600+dealer fees. I've now got about 2800 miles on it. Mileage is running between 20-23 MPG driving from GA, SC, FL ---> Colorado.
  • Options
    al30al30 Member Posts: 6
    I just got an e-mail that says Honda is offering 0.9% financing on 2007 Odysseys! Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    trustgod1trustgod1 Member Posts: 2
    What is the price you started negotiating at? did you give lower price then $30,883 before you guys agreed on sale price?
  • Options
    mtbgomtbgo Member Posts: 15
    I also got emails saying "SPECIAL RATES.... on 2007 Odysseys, Pilots, Ridgelines and Elements... 0.9%(!) up to 36 months and 3.9% up to 60 months!!!!
    (Pilot and Ridgeline cannot get special finance with $2000 below invoice.... can do $500+ below and special rates... qualified buyers only)"

I am satisfied I did not buy one at the end of the year.
  • Options
    exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    mtbgo, did you get that email from Honda or a dealer?
  • Options
    I got similar emails from two separate dealers.

Cheers,
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Offer also includes Elements and runs through 02-05-07
  • Options
    lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    Edmunds lists following APR for the Odyssey

Start: 01/03/2007 End: 02/05/2007

0.9% APR Term: 24 months
    2.9% APR Term: 36 months
    3.9% APR Term: 60 months
  • Options
    Here is more details from Honda website:

Odyssey

2006/2007 Special Truck (excludes CR-V) AHFC A.P.R. Financing
    0.90% APR for 24-36 months and 3.9% APR for 37-60 months

Terms
    Offer valid through: 2/5/2007
    Special AHFC A.P.R. financing available on all new 2006/2007 truck models (Excludes CR-V). 0.90% APR financing for 24-36 months and 3.9% APR financing for 37-60 months available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Example for 2007 Element: 0.90% for 36 months financing at $28.16 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. Dealers set actual vehicle sales prices. See participating dealers for details. For well qualified buyers. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings.

Offer valid for through 2/5/2007, on new and unregistered 2006/2007 Honda Truck models (Excludes CR-V) and only on approved credit by Honda Financial Services through participating dealers. Honda Financial Services' standard credit criteria apply. Example for 2007 Element: 0.90% for 36 months financing at $28.16 a month for every $1,000.00 financed. See dealer for details. Dealers set actual prices. Limited time only.
  • Options
    al30al30 Member Posts: 6
    We went to buy an 07 EX-L w/RES(DVD) last night and were told we could not have the special internet price (reduced price on the van) AND the special financing! We walked out! That dealership just lost our business! Has anyone heard of that before? The salesman said we'd have to get the regular finacne rate (it is around 6%) if we got the reduced price on the van or pay full price on the van and get the spcial interest rate. Thy said they'd lose $500 if they did both for us! I don't believe it! What do you guys think about that?
  • Options
    lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    What was that special internet price? Did they quote $500 under invoice?