Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    beard13beard13 Member Posts: 2
    Was there any adjustment by the dealer to the price because you opted for the 0.9% financing? Thanks.
  • Options
    quicksilver1quicksilver1 Member Posts: 21
    To answer the questions directly:

I paid $31,500 for an 07 EX-L with NAV/DVD @ McDavid Honda in Frisco, Texas - I wanted to buy locally but at the price that is comparable to the lowest price found. I just told them I was not paying a red cent over $31,500 and that was that and to call me when they come to there senses. It came with floormats (standard), mudflaps and trunk mat. I have since added trunk board, full all weather mats and bug deflector.

I got the 4.9 rate for 60 months and there was no markup due to that.
  • Options
    mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    That is what the salesperson initially claimed, however, he changed his mind after checking with his manager. I think he said something to the effect of price adjustment only applied on Ridgelines and CR-Vs.
  • Options
    Good luck. I did get some quotes from North Jersey dealers and found there numbers significantly higher than those operate in the Central Jersey area. Why don't you try putting in an Old Bridge zipcode on Carsdirect.com, give a made-up address, phone number and ask for email responses only? In my shopping I found inventory on EX-L Nav/DVD is drying up fast and color choices are limited.
  • Options
    rp07rp07 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that. Not too concerned with inventory, since I'm willing to wait if I can't find what I want right now.
  • Options
    aljlaljl Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased an Ocean Mist Metallic 2007 EX-L from South Shore Honda in Valley Stream, NY.

I had e-mailed the 10 nearest Honda dealers for quotes via e-mail. South Shore Honda responded promptly with a detailed e-mail price quote.

The quoted price (including the $595 destination fee) was $28,849. We also paid $390 for the protection package (mud guards, cargo tray and wheel locks) and $690 for an alarm system, for an out-the-door price of $29,929+TTL.

The staff at South Shore Honda were friendly and accommodating. This purchase was the most pleasant car-buying experience I've ever had. I didn't feel any pressure to purchase additional options or warranties. I would definitely buy from South Shore Honda again.
    :)
  • Options
    mtbgomtbgo Member Posts: 15
    I just purchased a 07 Odyssey EX-L with RES, slate green with olive interior at Ourisman Honda at Bethesda, MD.

The best quote I got before going to the dealership was 28,690+destination+49 processin fee + TTL = OTD 30,332 (I live in VA). Before I went to the dealership, I called the internet sales person at Ourisman Honda whether they can beat my best quote, and he said he could beat any written quote including email quote.

I was not able to believe what he was saying 100%, but I thought it's worth trying. So, I visited the dealership, gave my best email quote and they asked me what price I want, and I asked for $30K OTD. Surprisingly, after 5 minutes, he said he can do that. There were dealer installed options (wheel locks, nitro, door guard, and pin stripe) and we wanted us to pay $120 more. We didn't want them, but I quickly decided to keep them (except for pin stripe) for $100.

In summary, what I paid was:
    MSRP 33032.00
    Sales price including accessories: 28413.74
    processing fee: 100
    Destination: 595
    TTL: 991.26
    OTD: 30,100

We paid only a hundred bucks and financed 30k (of course, I got the 0.9% financing for 36 months)

Overall, the sales process could not have been better. I liked the internet sales person, manager, customer service, and financing .. everything. I would defintely use Ourisman Honda again if I need any other Honda.
    :)
  • Options
    barbarowinsbarbarowins Member Posts: 6
    I have gotten email quotes from dealers all over the area ....Rockville ,Germantown, Reisterstown, etc...........and Coleman gave me a good price in December. The problem is they can't find the color that I want. Another dealership has the right color........with a higher price than Coleman's. Back to my original question, has anyone purchased a Touring with NAV and DVD in 07?
  • Options
    4bearhug4bearhug Member Posts: 52
    I just got back from picking up a 07 EX-L slate green/olive Odyssey from Windy City Honda and I must say the experience was a breeze! Sorry about the bad pun. Thanks for all of the great buying advice here. I'd been reading the numerous experiences over the past several months and decided to give the mass email approach a go. I sent one email to 20 different dealers Tues evening and by Thurs morning I had 11 replies. I'm in northern Indiana so I went for both Chicago, Indianapolis, Columbus,OH, and three local dealers. The Chicago quotes were all clearly better than anything else. I was very clear in my email what I was looking for, no dealer visits prior to buying and I didn't give them a phone number so they had to limit contact to emails. Windy City gave me the best quote, no high pressure, and had a great selection. I never tried to whittle them down because they gave me a fair price that I was happy with. The great thing was that I was intending to do a cash deal, but the .9% financing would save me another $1200 after taxes so I went for that as well. Here's the breakdown

EX-l $27,637
    Trunk tray $ 93
    Splash guar$ 90
    Doc Fee $ 58
    sales tax6%$ 1,673
    Temp tag $ 10
    Cook cty tx$ 15
    Out-Door $29,576

I closed the deal on Thurs afternoon over the phone and picked up the van Friday morning. I can't believe how stress free the whole process was. I would definitely recommend trying the email approach if you want to avoid some of the car selling games you get when you visit the dealers. Anybody looking for a good car buying experience in the Chicago area should give Windy City a try. Also had had good communication from Honda of Lisle, Brilliance Honda, Continental Honda, Castle Honda, and Honda on Grand. I'd give a contact name but can't so feel free to email.
  • Options
    exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    I live in a Northern Virginia suburb of Washington DC. Last Sunday I started to shop for Nimbus Gray EX-L with DVD and NAV. I don’t know if NAV models are truly rare, or they’re very popular because this is an affluent area, but many stores only had one or two in stock and no one had more than five. Therefore, getting a good deal was really tough especially when I didn’t have flexibility on color.

I went to yahoo yellow pages to get names of dealers in 60 mile radius and emailed them with a request for a quote. It must have been 20 dealers. About a dozen of them replied with quotes. All of the Virginia dealers’ quotes were higher than any MD quotes. The lowest one in VA was $800 (including processing and destination fees) over Edmunds published invoice of $32013. BTW, I always add the processing fee to the price, because it is nothing but profit for dealers. All the MD dealers’ quotes were less than that. The lowest was from Heritage of Westminster with $100 over invoice. Second best was from Criswell with $200 over. Sport, Pohanka, Brown’s of Glen Burnie and O’donnell were all $400 over, and the rest of them were a few hundred on top of that. Only four dealers in 60 mile radius had the van I wanted in stock: Koons of Manassas, Sheehy of Alexandia, Honda of Bowie and Brown’s of Glen Burnie.

The bad: Koons of Manassas is the worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Their staff is the most aggressive, arrogant and obnoxious, and their prices are by far the worst. Watch your back at Criswell. They neglect to quote accessory price in the email and when you get there, they tell you that the accessory prices are what they are which is almost 50% more than others.

I bought my van from Brown’s of Glen Burnie, they were the only dealer who had this van in stock who accepted my offer of $100 over the invoice plus $100 for mud guards. This was the best dealer I have ever dealt with. The staff was very personable and honest. There was no friction between the salesman, F&I person and I, and trust me, I have a strong personality. The only point of contention was when I asked the F&I person to match the HondaCare warranty quote that I printed off the internet, which she did it match. It was 8 year 120K mi warranty for $1230. With all the electronics, I might actually use it in 8 years. I also financed it at 0.9%.

I know it is not as good of a deal as most of you guys are getting, but considering the availability, I think I got a reasonable deal. And I had to drive 60 miles to get it. :cry:

BTW, I just got an email from Criswell. They are selling all of their in stock Odysseys at $700 under invoice and that includes the destination fee, but not overpriced accessories. :D
  • Options
    2002explorergu2002explorergu Member Posts: 1
    Just bought one today with NO trade. This is the deal I got on a 2007 for 60 months at 3.9% at Hendrick on South Blvd:

Price - 30,891 (includes dest charge)
    3% tax - 926
    Doc Fee- 399
    Tag Transfer- 55
    TOTAL OTD- $32,272

OTD price also includes wheel locks and mud guards.
  • Options
    Congrats on your new van. I am taking delivery of a silver one equipped the same on 1/29. Do you mind telling me where you got the internet quote of $1230 for the 8yr/120K mile HondaCare warranty you bought? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    If you Google “honda care extended warranty”, on the first results page you would get at least three links to dealers who quote their warranty prices online.

Good luck.
  • Options
    hondajapanhondajapan Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    could you e-mail me the name of the sales person and dealership contact , so that I can follow up with thewm. This price looks attractive.
    my e-mail is a10462_d@yahoo.com
  • Options
    veerugveerug Member Posts: 1
    mb6986-
    I have taken quotes through honda website. The lowest quote i received so far is 30,970/- including destination. Looks like your dealership will be same. Can you tell which dealership you went to. How much is additional for FOG Lights? Can you details your Out of door price

The quote i received mentioned their doc fee is 298, yours is 129, please share the dealership name.

My coming to 30,970$ + 7%tax+ 298(doc fee) + 354(registration) + 7.50 Tire Tax and 53 Credit check fee = $33,850/- I appreciate if you mention the dealership name you can also send me private email at veeru_g@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Could you please e-mail the name and contact details of the sales manager whom you did the deal? I am looking to buy similar van this week. My e-mail id is a10462_d@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Amit
  • Options
    meansplusmeansplus Member Posts: 2
    We just purchased a 2007 EX-L w/ RES from Henry Kimber at Livermore Honda. The experience was fabulous. Although we negotiated the deal before we arrived, he spent a lot of time after we arrived showing us all the features of the car and also letting us testdrive it (again). His internet offer was $300 lower than all of the others, and $3,000 lower than another Bay Area dealer's "best" offer. There was no gamesmanship -- something we experienced with another dealer who changed his quote. Although we are from San Francisco, the trip to Livermore was well worth it. Kudos to Henry for his excellent service.
  • Options
    barbarowinsbarbarowins Member Posts: 6
    I'm still looking to see if anyone has purchased a Touring with DVD and NAV in 07 and what they paid for it in the DC/MD/VA area. Anyone? Criswell didn't have any for their $700 below invoice sale this past weekend..........dealers are saying they're hard to get so prices are firm....
  • Options
    ellieandmommyellieandmommy Member Posts: 9
    Well, I'm not in the DC/MD/VA area, but thought I'd let you know what I paid for my 07 touring w/DVD and NAV out of CA.
    It was $34,839 plus tt&l. They also threw in wheel locks and mud flaps with that. I know someone else on here paid even less than that recently, but I'm not sure what area they were in. I got mine in Dec.
    Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Hi,
    I am looking to get a EXL-NAV+DVD from honda of newrochelle in NY. There peices are good. But has any 1 had any experience with them? I mean how are they when you go and deal with them.
    Thanks
  • Options
    schnitzyschnitzy Member Posts: 4
    I'd be careful there. I went last week after receiving a good price as well. They tried to significantly low-ball on the trade-in. It may not have been as bad if I did not have a trade. I personally found Open Road in Edison, NJ much better to deal with. Good Luck
  • Options
    kerryandbillkerryandbill Member Posts: 2
    Who was the Dealer that gave you such a great price?
    I haven't received a quote close to that!! :(
  • Options
    usaf157usaf157 Member Posts: 7
    If you're willing to drive to Georgia, check out these competitive prices for the 2007 Odysseys EXL:

RES $28,837
    RES/NAV $31,863

Visit E-bay and search for 2007 Odyssey.
  • Options
    I dont have a trade in. who was the internet manage..does his name starts with K or J. Did they stick with thier price quote or try rip you off in some accesories. The quote I have got is lower 31K for EXL DVD+NAV
    Thanks
  • Options
    congancongan Member Posts: 4
    Can you tell me which dealer in Georgia has these prices? I have tried Mall of GA and Gwinnette and did not get these quotes.

Looking for EXL without RES/NAV.
  • Options
    schnitzyschnitzy Member Posts: 4
    Never got that far. However I did see that every car in the showroom had mud guards, wheel locks, etc about $1000k of additional useless crap. Not sure if that applies to internet sales though. If they are close to you its probably worth an hour or so to check them out. Please post the results - I am curious myself. As mentioned I ended up buying with Open Road who had a lower price (with the higher NJ dealer fees:$288 vs $45 the on the road is the same) and who kept to their word.
  • Options
    zjohnwzjohnw Member Posts: 1
    I have the same deal from a dealer in the same area. If my deal falls through I would like to call Riverside. Can I get the name of the salesperson ??? I don't want to get the wrong salesman. 1/22/07
    Thanks
    zjohnw@yahoo.com
  • Options
    desi0desi0 Member Posts: 3
    The posts in the forum were very useful. I received many good price quotes thru the internet. Riverside Honda accepted a $25k bid for the EX but wanted 26,200 for the 0.9% financing. I think they knew that people would ask for the financing and so accepted the low bids. Penske Honda in Ontario provided a solid quote for the EX for 25,400 including the financing. They were nice enough to provide quotes for the LX and EXL as well. Other quotes ranged from 25,800 to 26,400. I purchased from my local dealer who promised to match any written offer. In the end they pulled off the same trick of saying financing was extra. Finally settled for $25,500 (or 28k OTD). Next time I will probably go the miles to Penske. Thanks for everyone's messages.
  • Options
    claude618claude618 Member Posts: 15
    Greetings,

I posted this to the Odyssey lease questions board, but there isn't much activity there so I hope it isn't bad form to post this here...

Regarding the lease offer from honda at: http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/current_offers.asp?Function=new

I'm getting different numbers than the dealer and I'm trying to figure out why.

Here is what I'm working with for a 2007 Odyssey EX-L RES:

MSRP: 33,290

Residual: 18,309

Cap cost: 30,000 (what I assume I can negotiate)

Cap cost reduction: 1,625 (This is in the offer details for those who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit)

Down: 875 (I was told the 1625 came out of the amount down so 875 is 2,500 - 1,625 based on how I interpret the offer)

Adjusted cap cost: 27,500

Money factor: .00158 (what my rep told me the new rate was.. woo hoo!)

NY Tax: 8%

Using the lease calculator ( http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm ) I get a value of 353.89 per month for a 36 month/12k lease (For cap cost reductions I had put in 875 as down payment and 1625 in 'Other').

Can anybody tell me if these ball park numbers seem correct or if I'm doing something way wrong? Should I be able to lease a 2007 EX-L RES for around this price in NY based on these values? Thanks!

Claude
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,406
    Your CAP cost is your selling price less the CAP cost reduction of $1625... the other $874 goes to the $279 1st payment and the $595 acquisition fee. It looks like there is no security deposit, regardless of the wording.

So, your CAP cost should be around $875 higher than what you calculated (assuming you can get that selling price).

Something to note.. In the lower priced example, they are assuming about a $1700 discount from MSRP.. Your number are assuming a $3300 discount (albeit, on a more expensive model).

Try it that way, and see what you get..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx,

Thank you very much for responding. Assuming I'm wrong about the fact that I can get it for 30,000 I do have a deal out there for 31,137. If I plug those numbers into the current lease deal which mentions 2500 down, I get the following:

MSRP: 33290
    Base cap cost: 31137
    Cap cost reductions: 1625
    Money down: 2500

Money factor .00158
    NY Tax: 8%

I get a monthly payment of 389.94.

If I do no money down, this number goes to 469.22

The dealer calculated this out (with no money down) and came back to me with $512 per month. I am curious why we are so far off.

Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,406
    MSRP = $33,290, right?

Given that, and a 55% residual, I get $387/mo.+ tax..

Or.. around $420/mo..

Why is your dealer's payment higher?

Not sure... Maybe his version of the $2500 upfront includes: $512 1st payment, $525 security deposit, $595 acquisition fee, $300 doc fee, $400 DMV fees, etc, etc.. So, with no cap cost reduction and the 8% tax..

Nah... I can still only come up with around $471/mo..

Sounds like something extra in there..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Well, I have a call in to him to figure this out.

Yes... the MSRP is: 33290
    Negotiated deal: 31137
    He told me the residual value was: 18309

I ran this again with no money down and came up with $418. Right around what you got. I think my sales rep is either unfamiliar with lease deals or is not as reputable as I had hoped. I'll update when I have more.

Thank you again! This is a big help.
  • Options
    ajdbajdb Member Posts: 8
    How much did you pay? :confuse:
  • Options
    snow20041211snow20041211 Member Posts: 1
    While most of the pepole here buying EX or upper models, I am actually looking the basic model -2007 LX. So far the best quote is around $23,500. Anyone bought LX recently and got a better deal than this?

Why very few people interested in LX model on this board? What's the best buy among all models in your opinion?

Thanks
  • Options
    ajdbajdb Member Posts: 8
    How does the 0.9% save you taxes? I didn't think that car loan interest was tax deductable? You can save a boatload of money by taking the $30K or so and putting it in an eloan savings account at 5.25% and get $100 per month... :)
  • Options
    Yes, That is what I meant by saving $1200 net of taxes. I was figuring a $30K CD at 5.2% would yield about 3.5% after taxes. Then you subtract the 0.9% that you're paying and you get 2.6% that is the net tax benefit of leaving the money in the bank.

I think we are saying the same thing. It really was a no brainer versus paying cash.

My dealer didn't try to price the Ody differently based upon payment method like some are reporting here. There exact words to me were " makes no difference to us, the low rate was Honda Finance, not us".
  • Options
    kerryandbillkerryandbill Member Posts: 2
    I'm located in the center of Long Island surrounded by car dealers who act like lawyers. I've made numerous requests for the best OTD price on a 2007 Odyssey EX-L or EX-L/RES. They respond with list prices or an XXX amount over invoice.
    How can I get straight answers to a simple question?
  • Options
    My dealer also told the same...no difference if you paid cash or finance..I got a awsome price of 31,000 which includes destination too. Just have to pay tax on it.
    The color I wanted is not in the dealers inventory and I was promised if I pay a $250-300 cash, they can lock in the price and can get me the Van in a week.Is that a normal practice? I mean this is my 1st new car purchase.
  • Options
    I have 31,300 for 2007 EXL+DVD+Nav including destination from 3 different NY dealers....Move to NY..LI is tuff life
  • Options
    I think all that they are saying is put a deposit down ($250-300) on the van to indicate that you're going to buy the vehicle and they will locate the chosen color among the nearby Honda dealers. This is fairly common practice for dealers to do. I would confirm that this is what they are proposing and would also see how far away the vehicle is so that you know how many miles should be on the vehicle.
  • Options
    I would widen my search until you find some dealers serious about making you a reasonable offer. I did all my communication by email which helped to cut down on all of that normal baloney and included dealers 150 miles away. You may not want to go that far, but there are numerous posts on here of good quotes coming from a number of New Jersey dealers. Good deals are out there, but you have to go find them. I even had a dealer close to me reluctantly argree to match my low offer so you might be able to bring a local dealer down in price, but not without the leverage of a good competing offer.
  • Options
    schmidwellschmidwell Member Posts: 4
    beard13, sorry this is late but I just saw your post. I'm in Knoxville, TN and just bought an 07 Odyssey EXL w/out RES or NAV on 1/13/07. Thanks to everyone on this board, I spent about two days on e-mail bid process, contacting 20 dealers in Atlanta, C'nooga, Nashville, Knoxville and Tri-Cities. Received 14 bids and ended up buying from Westside in Knoxville. Price was $27,657 plus $399.50 proc/doc fee, for total cost of $28,056.50 (excl TTL). Included splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks and all weather mats. Had one slightly lower bid from Atlanta area, but didn't want to drive three hours to save $200. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Don't know about e-bay quotes, but I just finished e-mail bid process for EXL w/out RES or NAV. Received very competitive bids from Henessey in Woodstock, Milton Martin in Gainesville, and Curry in Chamblee. Ended buying local in Knoxville, TN but was very impressed with bids received from these GA dealers.
  • Options
    babycutecutebabycutecute Member Posts: 17
    What is e-mail bid process? :confuse:
  • Options
    E-mail bid process is absolutely the best way to buy a vehicle that I've experienced. In a nutshell, you decide exactly what you want to buy, say an Odyssey EXL without NAV or RES. Then identify the Honda dealers within a certain radius (150 - 200 miles) and preferably identify the internet sales manager at each dealership. E-mail each internet sales manager an "invitation to bid", with a very specific description of the vehicle you want to buy (including acceptable colors, option/trim packages, etc.) and the timeframe within which you will buy (usually 5 - 7 days). Ask them to provide a bid including their "out the door" price, including all fees, TTL, etc. Give them a deadline to submit the bids, then you can compare the prices, processing or "doc" fees, any included accessories or dealer add ons, etc. You can even "shop" the low bid if you want to try to obtain the best price. It works like a charm. The internet sales guys don't mess around. They give very competitive prices right out of the gate and negotiation is minimal. I just did this and, once we decided what we wanted to buy, I put the list together, sent the e-mail to 20 dealers, had 14 bids within 36 hours, and purchased the EXL within 60 hours.
  • Options
    babycutecutebabycutecute Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for sharing! Glad you got a great deal too :)
  • Options
    31fan31fan Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market for an LX in the DC area, and the lowest quote I've gotten from my internet queries is:

$ 22,580.47 Internet Discounted Price of Vehicle
    $ 595.00 Factory originating destination charge
    $ 100.00 DMV Processing Fee
    $ 698.26 3% VA Sales Tax
    $ 87.50 Tags, Title and VA Registration

$ 24,061.23 Total

Does this sound like a good deal? From what I can find, invoice is $23,105 and there's a 3% holdback ($787), so best I can tell, dealer cost is $22,318. Are people able to negotiate down from the lowest quoted price they obtain?
  • Options
    chicatchicat Member Posts: 14
    Here's my best bid so far for EX-L w/DVD in the Chicago area:

$29,085 (incl. dest. charge) + doc fee + TTL.

If my math is right, MSRP is 32695, invoice is 29441; if dealer holdback is 3%, then dealer cost is 28460.15 + 595 = $29,055.15. Am I missing something? Any advice?
  • Options
    I closed a deal today for EXL+Nav+R&N, silver color odyssey.This forum helped me a lot.
    Here was my deal:
    31,213(including dest)
    2,613(8.375%NY Tax)
    67(doc fee)
    =33,894 OTD 0.9% financing for 36 months
    The sales manger was great!!!As per the forum rules I cant put his name in here. But if you want to know more in details e-mail me.
    But please AVOID Paragon Honda in NYC. They are real crooks.