Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    Just picked up an 07' Odyssey EXL with Navigation, DVD and fog lights today. Price agreed 9 days ago was honored with no fuss. No games throughout the entire closing process. Paid $34,000 with 0.9% financing. Highly recommend DCH Kay Honda's Internet Department for anyone shopping in Central Jersey or willing to drive a bit to avoid high NY prices. DCH Kay Honda is in Eatontown, not far from the Garden State Parkway.
  • Options
    hondajapanhondajapan Member Posts: 15
    The hold back has been 2% since Jan 2007. So the dealers are not been able to give the best deal. I got a deal of %%800 below invoice price for My Odyssey.
  • Options
    4bearhug4bearhug Member Posts: 52
    That looks just about identical to my deal in Chicago. Your getting about $970 below dealer invoice so I would say that looks good. I pulled the trigger on that deal because I felt it was fair and didn't feel like trying to beat them down over $20-40. You can check out my post #14499 for my details. Which dealer gave you the best quote?

I also heard that the holdback was dropped to 2%, but don't know if that's accurate or just a dealer claim. I also heard the the dealer invoice also just went up Jan. 1, 2007 about $100 so who knows what truthful.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Yup, holdback dropped from 3% to 2% on all units shipped after January 4. Invoice went up too.
  • Options
    It's a fair price that potentially could be negotiated lower. Give it a try, the worst they can say is no.
  • Options
    kanjoosdesikanjoosdesi Member Posts: 1
    I felt really obligated to post my experience here especially since I learnt and used all that I got from here. First I was looking for an EX-L with navi primarily for the backup camera. Came to know that every dealer in the SF/Bay Area carry only 1 or 2(not sure if this is a recent development). After speaking to many dealers realized that they were willing to give me a good deal on EX-L but not on Navi since they only had 1 or 2. So I settled for an EX-L. I got it at a price of 27,600. I purchased extended warranty since it was refundable after 6 yrs if it was not used(I purchased my first car from them and have collected the first warranty after 6 yrs). I also purchased the security system which was approx 450.

After speaking to the finance guy who was from my country I realized I got a good deal since the dealership lost around 650 bucks on it. If you are wondering why they did it he explained that the dealership would get the money back from honda if they hit some target milestone something like 400-500 cars for this qtr or month. He also mentioned that only dealerships that are huge can do that. That was true because several other dealers kept wondering how I got such a low price since they could not afford to give it to me at that price. Also one another dealer offered it to me at that price but I was not willing to drive 15 miles.

Second thing was I was able to get 0.9% financing even though my credit score was below 710 or 718 which is required by Honda Finance. This was again because the finance guy has a very very good rapport with them(Honda Finance) and he was able to request for it and they obliged because this particular dealership gives them a business of literally 15 cars a day. So when they get that kind of a business they are willing to bend a little. This according to him was another advantage of shopping at a big dealership.

Hope this helps others. I got the Nimbus Gray and also the increased invoice and reduced holdback prevented one another dealer from offering the same or lower price. In fact another dealer was ready to give me a car they had on old invoice for the price that I mentioned with mud flaps and wheel locks but I did not want the Ocean Mist color. So this is an additional info for people shopping around. Apparantly the dealers have a reduced margin or something like that. But the finance guy also mentioned that in his 10 yr history this is the first time he had seen honda offer a 0.9% rate. My total interest for 3 yrs is less than 500!

Oh I do have to mention, after driving it now I do feel that the backup camera could have been really handy.

Cheers
  • Options
    bwf3bwf3 Member Posts: 6
    First, thanks to all who have been posting buying experiences, it has been very helpful in determining what I should be paying for a 2007 Ody Touring (to be purchased in the next 6-8 weeks.)

My question is in regards to my location, I live in Minneapolis and I have read that just about anywhere else, Chicago, Madison, LaCrosse, you will get a much better price than the local dealers. Can anyone confirm this, since most Twin Cities dealers have limited stock already on Ody’s, not to mention the Touring?

I also need any help or suggestions on getting internet contact information for dealers so I can try the email approach. Some dealers don’t list the contact info of internet rep….?

Thanks,

Ben
  • Options
    I went into the honda website to get phone no. for the dealers that I was interested in contacting. Then I called each dealer and requested the email address for submitting a request for quotation. Most of the dealers I contacted knew exactly what I was looking for and provided me the email addy, but a few transfered me to a salesman. The great thing about emailing a request is you can prepare one email that lists everything that you want,everyone gets the same information, you can be very specific about what you expect in a quote, and you can limit contact to emails. This totally eliminates the normal car selling pressure and gimmicks that they try to pull on you over the phone. It also allows you time to think how you want to proceed. I specifically didn't list any phone numbers and stated that I wouldn't be visiting any dealers until I made the purchase. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Good luck
  • Options
    congancongan Member Posts: 4
    We did not get good quotes from the GA Honda guys as we are looking for EXL w/out REST or NAV and they are quoting $30K drive out price and then we decided we needed extra options like backup sensor, iPod link but now the dealers are not willing to come down and they want us to pay full price for options. so, I am thinking we'll wait a while to see if something better comes up.
  • Options
    Yes, Ben, posts here over the past couple of years suggest that, for whatever reason, Odyssey prices in the Twin Cities area seem to be higher.
  • Options
    patppatp Member Posts: 2
    I have been reading these posts on prices paid and buying expirience for a month or so and thanks to everyone who have been posting their buying experiences. It helped me a lot and gave me a good idea for what I was looking for. Just two days ago, purchased EX-L with RES and NAV in SC, with Nimbus Gray Color for $32,100 (Dest Charges, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray, SC 300 tax, Doc Fees, Tag fees included).

I live in Georgia and Have not paid taxes here yet. ;) Thanks everyone
  • Options
    clubberclubber Member Posts: 8
    looking for EX model in the milwaukee or north chicago erea.Best price so far is 25,900 just wondering if that is fair?
  • Options
    bugs77bugs77 Member Posts: 1
    Great to hear you got a good deal on the EX-L. Which dealer did you get yours from and which dealer had the Ocean Mist EX-L for that price? Thanks for your informative post.
  • Options
    voodoo1voodoo1 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an Odyssey EX-L RES. My wife wanted a very specific color combination (black with ivory leather ONLY). What my wife wants, she gets. So I started with a no-haggle dealership in San Antonio TX. They did not have the vehicle at the time and were not very helpful in locating one. I guess they just sell what they have, take it or leave it. I then started at a local dealership in the relatively small town I live in (Newmyer Honda in Victoria, TX). They gave me a price that was already under the Edmonds TMV, so I thought I was in good shape. The local dealer said they could get the car I wanted in a day or two. I then went and got several internet bids. I found that the best internet bid was another $688 lower than the local dealers best offer (this was from Goodson Honda in Houston). I simply told them that I wanted to buy local and that the price they gave me was too high. I never really told them that I had an internet price. I just marked up the offer with the lowest price I had been given, and sent it back to them (and crossed off a fee for "tire and wheel warranty" that they had stuck in there - that was the only sleazy sales trick that I encountered during the entire process). They said "we're losing money on this deal, but if those are your terms, I guess we'll have to accept them". It took them over a week to find the vehicle, and I was a little worried and had started talking to the internet dealer. Finally, the car came in, I went in and we made the deal. No last-minute surprises. I got 0.9 financing over 36 months, which is basically free credit. There are more details if anyone wants specifics. But I will add that the Edmonds TMV was of little value. We were working on prices far under the TMV. And the TMV does not provide a breakdown of the "destination charge" so I was not able to make a direct comparison. All I know is that the extra fees were less than the "destination charge" included in the TMV.
  • Options
    voodoo1voodoo1 Member Posts: 3
    I realized after reading more posts that I should add the pricing information. The details of my purchase are as follows:

Sale Price: 29600 (started at 33,290)
    Trade Value: 3515 (99 VW Passat with 145K miles)
    Tax: 1630.01
    Fees: 175.55
    Tags: 80.78
    Net Sale Price: 28702.64
  • Options
    mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    I second you on the relative uselessness of Edmunds TMV prices. Edmunds TMV has the 07 EX-L RES and navigation at $34,692 for central jersey and carsdirect has the same car listed at $32,692. Edmunds TMV is higher by a couple of thousand dollars when compared to all my quotes from 12 dealerships in this area. The carsdirect price is close only to the highest quote of the twelve. I would recommend Carsdirect prices used only as an absolute ceiling for buying an Odyssey. I took delivery of an 07' Odyssey EX-L with RES and navigation for a bit less than $34,000 out-the-door and I didn't really have to negotiate or driving more than 20 miles to get this deal. BTW, the car is a dream to drive. Much better than the 04 it replaced in all aspects.
  • Options
    meansplusmeansplus Member Posts: 2
    $28900 before TTL. $31200 OTD.
  • Options
    rawnakrawnak Member Posts: 9
    isn't the security (alarm) system standard on EX-L?
  • Options
    Hi,

I am looking for Odyssey EX or EX-L.
    0.9% financing is going on right now.
    But I am wondering on President's Day, will there be a better
    deal on Odyssey coming up.

What do u guys think?
    Thanks
    rawnak
  • Options
    rdworski1rdworski1 Member Posts: 20
    Not sure if you noticed but you can just email all the dealers at once directly from the Honda website. No need to call any of them.
  • Options
    zzwzzw Member Posts: 1
    got 2007 odyssey ex from Diamond Bar Honda(CA 91765)on 01/26/07
    price $25100 plus tax(8.25%)+license=$27454(OTD)
    color nimbus gray/olive fabric
    finacing 0 down,0.9% for 36 month,$774/month
    price could be lower than $25000, but not too many time left for 0.9% rate.
    good luck!
  • Options
    jstephens1jstephens1 Member Posts: 38
    Anyone know where to purchase a quality dashboard cover with pre-cut speaker openings for 2006-07 Odyssey? Thks.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I know the dealership you are referring to here in San Antonio, surprised to hear that they weren't very helpful, though granted it depends on who you were dealing with. Main thing is that you got the vehicle you wanted at the price you are happy with.
  • Options
    rarefruitrarefruit Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 LX Honda Odyssey. I want to add a back-up camera and display.

Where and how do I connect the camera wires to the back-up lights system?
  • Options
    robbygrobbyg Member Posts: 61
    You should go over to Odyclub and ask there since you have a better chance of getting an answer:

Odyclub
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    Try posting here for more responses:

Honda Odyssey: Accessories & Modifications

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    joyful2joyful2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi mb6986: I am tying to buy the exact car this week. I would appreciate if you could share the dealership name with me. BTW: how much does the fog light cost? Y
    ou can email me at my private email address: stock@levinci.com.
    Many thanks in advance!
  • Options
    dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    Costco has a wireless back up camera for $90.00. The 2.5 inch LCD color display plugs into the cigar lighter and the camera mounts on the license plate frame and wires into the back up lights.
  • Options
    sbowdensbowden Member Posts: 1
    It appears the dealerships in Florida have something called a Dealer Fee. They give you a price and tag on this fee. Has anyone else experienced this and if so can they explain what it is? Also, if you have pricing you would like to share that would be beneficial also. Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Options
    joyful2joyful2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi: would appreciate it if you can send me an email on the dealership name where you got your car.
    My email is stock@levinci.com.
    Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    Hi,

I am looking to buy Odyssey EX in Boston area.
    Any recent buying experiences in Boston area?
    which dealer gave u best deal?

please help.
    rawnak
  • Options
    It's simply additional dealer profit and is widely used in Florida.
  • Options
    pereztppereztp Member Posts: 1
    All of the Honda dealers I know in Florida charge a non-negotiable dealer fee of $599. So you have to negotiate the price of the car some other way knowing that you must pay this in the end. I bought a 2007 EX-L for 28200 this past weekend, with dealer fee, 28800. I e-mailed many dealers ahead of time and most responded with a reasonable offer. It all depends how far you are willing to travel to make the best deal. The local dealer here matched my lowest internet quote no problem.
  • Options
    Last month I walked out of the Honda dealership in Avondale, Arizona. Intially, they provided the best price in the Metro Phoenix area beating their competitors by over $800. I spoke with the internet manager a number of times before visiting the dealership making it clear I didn't want any add-on "surprises" or I"d walk. Despite his assurances his "partner" attempted to pass on over $600 in accessories I didn't ask for. I thanked them for their time before walking out. When I returned home that Saturday, I e-mailed about 15 dealerships in S. California. After receiving maybe 4 responses in 2 days, I had the pleasure of speaking with an asian women in internet sales at Norm Reeves Honda in West Covina. She was extremely honest and very professional. She saved me nearly $1300.00 after travel expenses with a price of $27,443 before taxes and fees. Doc fees in California are almost $45 compared to about $350 here in AZ. I'd highly recommend the asian women in internet sales at Norm Reeves Honda, West Covina.
    It took about a week after my initial request for quotes before the other CA dealerships responded but they all eventually trickled in.
    I wanted the NAV system but decided the extra expense in my case would be unwise since I'd have no use for RES.
    From what I've read on the PAX tires, I'm glad I didn't go with the Touring which was my original choice.
    Thanks to everyone in this forum for all the information which was extremely helpful. I visited family near Panama City FL during C'mas and New Year's averaging about 24.5 mpg on the highway.
  • Options
    dsateltdsatelt Member Posts: 25
    I am beginning my search for an '07 EX-L and wondered if you would provide the residual %'s and factors for a 3 yr term with 12k & 15k miles/year? (top tier credit) Thank you!
  • Options
    dherabadidherabadi Member Posts: 6
    Could you send me her e-mail. much appreciated
  • Options
    perrengperreng Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a '07 EX for 27500 OTD at Tampa Hondaland. The Tags ended up COD extra at nearly $200, though it was discussed at TTL included. Live & learn - check all papers. It is after the delivery, so no negotiating position. Sales manager was a rub.
    Had a -100 better deal at Autoway Honda but decided based on color, distance and final calls. Should have gone to Autoway - guy was very honest - told me to take the other deal cause color transfer was $$.
    Brandon Honda was 500-1000 more.
    Lakeland Regal had it for 200. more.
  • Options
    Don't think thats allowed on this site. All I can suggest is to look up Norm Reeves West Covina telephone number. She is an Asian women in the internet department whose end office (separate building) is closest to the main showroom. I think with the restrictions thats the best I can do. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    dherabadidherabadi Member Posts: 6
    Ok, hopefully she is the only one there. Thanks and congrat on the buy, I think you got a killer deal there.
  • Options
    structuralstructural Member Posts: 3
    I am in the process of buying 07 touring model with Nav & RES. The dealer is from NJ, I am a DE resident. The dealer is charging me $267 for out of state registration. Is this a nominal fee every one who buy a vehicle from out of state or am I ripped off. The sales guy says it is a govt. fee, nothing to do with dealer profit. Is this true. I would appreciate if any one had a similar situation or if any one could educate me on this, I would deeply appreciate. This forum helped me a lot to learn more about the pricing and dealer gimmicks.
  • Options
    It sounds like a dealer rip off to me, but I'm not from NJ so you may need to check it out with another NJ dealer (preferably a non competing dealer). I just bought my Ody from an out of state dealer (IL) and ther was no such charge for me. You could do a search on this topic under NJ. Several buyers have listed their buying experience and I don't recall any such fees mentioned. Good luck.
  • Options
    bowbiebowbie Member Posts: 2
    I have a current offer on the table for $32,937 plus the $595 assignment fee for a Total Cap Cost of $33,532. I would hope I can do better on that but there are two things I am going to inquire about on the lease information sheet - 1. They list the dealer cost as $32,437 and 2. The residual value at 54% seems a little bit low to me. The money factor is not a problem at .00158. This is for a 36 month lease @ 12,000 miles/year

Any comments or thoughts??
  • Options
    clubberclubber Member Posts: 8
    could you tell me what dealer you bought from in illinois? I amlooking for EX model-best price so far 25,870 Illinois or milwaukee? thanx !
  • Options
    acuratacurat Member Posts: 87
    I plugged your numbers into a lease calculator and got a monthly payment north of $500 with sales tax. Seems like you might want to consider buying; payments on a 5 year loan with the current subsidized rate would not be much higher and you'd own the darn thing eventually. (The lease money factor equates to 3.79% versus a loan APR of 3.9%.)

BTW a high residual is a good thing on a lease, as it reduces the depreciation on which your payment is calculated (depreciation is the difference between cap cost and residual value). Remember, residual value is a percentage of MSRP, not of cap cost.
  • Options
    mabazamabaza Member Posts: 21
    I thought the EX-L included an alarm/security system but I've seen a couple of posts where people paid extra for this feature. What am I missing?
  • Options
    bowbiebowbie Member Posts: 2
    acurat - I am paying my sales tax up front so my monthly payment is $482. And I agree the high residual is a good thing and that is why I am saying the quoted residual of 54% seems a little low to me.
    I am also questioning the dealer cost of $32,437 which does not even include the $595 destination charge.
  • Options
    billion8billion8 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks everyone for input in this forum! Finally bought my EXL NAVI/DVD yesterday. $33.777 OTD (w new plates), which translates to around $31.050. 60 mos financing at 6.9% with FICO of 569 and awful credit.... Could have done a bit more but wifey had to interfere in the negotiation.... GGGrrrrrrr
  • Options
    speterson1speterson1 Member Posts: 228
    Just bought an 2007 Ody EX and am happy with our purchase, especially since our area (near Peoria, IL) doesn't have that many choices for Honda dealers. I was afraid that since there's not a whole lot of competition around here the local dealer (Bob Lindsay Honda in Peoria) wasn't going to be willing to negotiate. Best thing I did was get several equotes from some of the larger Honda superstores in the Chicago area so I had some leverage when talking price with our local dealer. Make sure you do this BEFORE you start talking prices! The quotes from Chicagoland were excellent, below or at invoice, and although our dealer wouldn't come down quite that far, he came down enough for us to be happy. Didn't really want to take a 2 hour trip to Chicago to buy a car (heard too many horror stories with quotes being ignored, unquoted add-ons & fees, etc. etc.), and Bob Lindsay Honda is totally above the board and doesn't pull any of that garbage, so we're happy. Here's what we paid:

26,537.82 ---> 2007 Odyssey EX + mudguards base price
    57.00 ---> doc fee
    1,662.18 ---> 6.25% sales tax
    143.00 ---> license plates
    28,400.00 ---> final out-the-door cost

We also got the 3.9% financing for 60 months. Very good experience, and out salesman was excellent. If anyone in the Peoria, IL, area wants a polite, very knowledgable, kind, non-pushy salesman email me and I will be happy to refer you to him.

Steve

p.s. I'm envious of the several Florida buyers on this thread that got their Odys below invoice! Nice hunting! Must be nice to live where several Honda dealers compete...
  • Options
    needavan6needavan6 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying an 07 Honda Odyssey. I am trying to do an e-mail bid as suggested in this forum to get some good price quotes for Odyssey. However, most of the honda websites don't provide email address for internet sales manager. How do I obtain these email addresses? Do I have to call each of them and ask for it? If I do, won't they ask for my name and phone number? The "request a quote" bullet on websites always ask for phone numbers as well. Thanks for answering my questions.
  • Options
    speterson1speterson1 Member Posts: 228
    Are you in a larger urban area that has several Honda dealerships that you could conveniently visit? If so, follow these steps:
    1) Go to automobiles.honda.com
    2) Right under the main picture type in a zip code for the large urban area you're closest to and click "locate a dealer"
    3) The website will then list the dealers closest to the zip you typed in. Decide how many you want quotes from, and for each one of those, right-click on the "request a quote" button next to the dealership and select "Open Link in New Window" from the pop-up menu (I'm assuming most people use Internet Explorer). Then you can select the model and trim level you're looking for. After filling out your contact info - and yes, you can leave your phone number blank, it's not required - you can submit the information and that dealership should email you with a quote. Close the window and repeat this step until you've hit all the dealerships you want quotes from.
    4) Once the dealer emails you, you can then ask them all the details you want regarding pricing and options.
    5) Take your best quote to the dealer you would like to do business with and see if they can match or beat it!

Another way to go about it is to just Google any Honda dealerships you know the name of. If they have a website it will probably show up and most of the local Honda dealer websites I've seen will publish the contact info of their internet manager.

Good luck and happy hunting!
    Steve