Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sunshine529sunshine529 Member Posts: 8
    Riverside ended not calling me back when I told them 28,300 (before fees& taxes) wasn't good enough. I ended up getting a 2007 Odyssey EX-L at Stockton and Malone Honda in Salt Lake City Utah. I paid 30700 out the door. I thought that was a pretty good deal. They said they're only doing it because it's year end. The salesman that helped me is only getting $100 in commissions because the price I paid is below invoice. So I ended up tipping $20 for all this work in getting me a good price. They did a good job of scaring me to buy the extended warranty but I ended up walking alway. Hopefully I won't need it!
  • Options
    justaveragejoejustaveragejoe Member Posts: 268
    Wow, tipping a car salesman. That's the first time I've ever heard that. How nice.
  • Options
    chicagonewcomechicagonewcome Member Posts: 4
    I am now totally lost in how to make a buying decision. I noticed that Toyota is offering 0% APR for up to 60 months. I also talked to some Honda dealers, the best price I got for $27400 (EX-L) and $25300(EX cloth). Could any experts here advise me? Many thanks.
  • Options
    hondaguy697hondaguy697 Member Posts: 25
    even tho salespeople might make only 100 off the car, they still make money off the accesories and financing. a friend of mine used to be the top salesperson at his dealership and made the majority of his money from selling used cars and accesories on new cars.
  • Options
    just my opinion but....

when it comes to the sienna's there are a few things that drastically bother me.
    1. to comparably equip a toyo to a honda, you HAVE to spend a lot more money. 1000 or more depending on model.

2. the interior is not as well finished in my opinion. materials used look cheap and dont seem to fit well.

3. I see toyota slowly getting in trouble with their mass production philosophy. what made ford, gmc and the like get in trouble the way they did was overproduction (getting out the numbers) but not addresssing quality while doing so.

Im the kind of guy who keeps what he buys for a while. and ever since 02-03 ive seem toyotas quality slide. thats why i worry that if I buy toyota now whats gonna happen to my car 4+ years from now.

4. (and this sealed the deal from me buying a toyota) my wifes friend bought a carolla....week and half later she hears popping noises in the trunk area and thought it was mayb a muffler or something. turns out the rear unibody welds were POPPING LOOSE! toyota bought her car back from her and she bought a civic. loves it.

So like i said its only my opinion but i dont think there is any comparrison from toyota to honda. I dont think brand should be what you are shopping. it should be price, model and dealership!
  • Options
    rythmrythm Member Posts: 12
    In the market for 2007 Odyssey EXL with Nav and Res. San Francisco Bay Area.

Anyone with recent, positive experience who can help?

I would like to leverage someone's proven experience and go to the specific dealer with an offer.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    is that near monterrey peninsula...never been to cali but i saw on another thread a lady who was directed to a dealer near there. it was norm reeves in cerritos
  • Options
    thanks...Cerritos is in So. Calif...

I am looking for a deal in the No. Calif...san jose, fremont, etc.
  • Options
    did you find a better deal? I am looking for the same in the Bay Area..

appreciate any assistance.
  • Options
    cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    You get 0% on the 2006 Sienna. Some "standard" safety features are not standard (you even have to pay extra for disc brakes in the rear and most low to mid trims on dealers' lots don't come with that and other options)

2007 is much more attractive with the new 266-hp engine but still overpriced when compared to Honda.

I think Toyota looks better but the interior is pretty terrible, so I'm still looking.
  • Options
    im glad im not the only one who thinks this way. cant stand the insides of toyota vehicles. the only reason they are doing 0% is because they still have a HUGE amount of 06 product supply. nobody wants them so they just want to get rid of them. that in it self should answer your question on which one you should buy.
  • Options
    potato1potato1 Member Posts: 4
    Just to let all know, I was just quoted $27,199+ $129 service fee on ex-I 07! (+TTL) Milwaukee area.
    Last week of the year prices are here!
  • Options
    justaveragejoejustaveragejoe Member Posts: 268
    Decide which car that you REALLY want more, and find the best deal. Either of these cars should give you great satisfaction.
  • Options
    tarheel4tarheel4 Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for the delay. I don't know how I got that quote ($32,275 out the door for EX-L with R&N) - Crown in Charlotte started it, and then all the other Charlotte dealers seemed happy to match it (except Hendrick, who matched it after some back-and-forth). Crown didn't have my color, or I would have given them the sale. Since I last posted, I went to Lake Norman to complete the sale, but found out that the car had a lot more miles on it than I had expected (it had been a dealer trade). So I am buying from Hendrick now. Lake Norman was very accommodating when I wanted to back out. Lesson learned...stipulate the miles when you are negotiating.
  • Options
    thats the good thing about the dealer and sales guy ive been working with...they give me vehicle milage, vin number and stk number every time they have given me a price and are even willing to hold it for 48 hrs once i choose.

going tommorrow to seal the deal....i will post once i do...

i went up there today and they were CRAZY busy...u guys have been much help and if this dealer follows thru like i think they will ill sing their praises forever.
  • Options
    ellieandmommyellieandmommy Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a 2007 Touring w/Nav and Res for $34,839 in So. Cal! That even included mud flaps and wheel locks. We had THE BEST car buying experience at Riverside Metro Honda! I did the fax attack here in Las Vegas and for AZ, Utah, CA and NM. They had the BEST price and got the color we wanted from another dealer. No hassles, no trying to get us to buy 'other' stuff. Even got 6.34% financing(with simple interest!) which we thought was pretty good! They had it detailed and sitting out front for us when we pulled up. We signed paperwork and were out the door in about an hour...that included chasing our one year old around.
  • Options
    scubaflyscubafly Member Posts: 2
    First of all, thanks to all of you for your insight. I used the fax attack method from fightingchance.com. Unlike my previous experiences, buying this vehicle was actually fun. It was great to be in control of the process and having them fight for my business. Bought the Ody at Pauly Honda in Libertyville, IL. My only accessory was the towing package. Invoice 30,746, towing package 935, doc fee 75, tax 2064, license 143 = $33963 out-the-door. Dealt with Niall (sounds like Nile). No pressure for add-ons or extended warranties. Highly recommended!
  • Options
    raleighwolfraleighwolf Member Posts: 40
    I just bought a 2007 Touring w/Nav and Res for $34,839

In December of 04 I paid 40K for a Touring w/Nav and Res.
  • Options
    tom5314tom5314 Member Posts: 20
    Hi all,
    Did the amount of (2007 Touring w/Nav and Res) $34,839 is an OTD price?
    I just got an Email quote from an internet sale mgr. for 2007 EX-L +Res +Navi for $31800 +TTL and they have the color I want in parking lot, so how much more could I ask? please help, I just get into Odyssey market recently.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    how do i get the same deal? Not sure what's the best way to exchange contacts? love to call the same sales person and get another touring odyssey - same config. pls advise.
  • Options
    aroth23aroth23 Member Posts: 6
    Great to hear that I could help! Good luck with the new Odyssey!
  • Options
    aroth23aroth23 Member Posts: 6
    I went with Planet Honda, but was also working with Open Road, Joyce, Rt 22 and VIP. Spent more time dealing with some than others.
  • Options
    Alright guys....check this out!!

I was looking at 3 different things...
    PILOT / V6 ACCORD / EXL ODYSSEY

OTD prices

Accord EXL V6 Navi - 28,919.41 (Car was 26987)msrp-29995
    1686.69 TX TAX / 68.67 Inv Tax / 50 doc / 127.05 REG

Odyssey EXL DVD NAV - 34,256.30 (Car was 31,998)msrp-35490
    1999.88 Tx Tax / 81.37 Inv Tax / 50 doc / 127.05 Lic-reg

The one I got: (And I cant believe it)

TOUR ODY DVD NAV - 37983.34 (car was 35,498!)msrp-39690
    2218.62 TX Tax / 90.27 Inv Tax / 50 Doc / 127.05 Lic reg

I decide not to worry about the pilot. I got there at 830 and this guy (who I know now is the same guy you guys have worked with) was already selling 2 cars. there were no managers there yet except for the gm- thy dont open till 9pm. My guy (we will use 007 as his name since we cant post names) had all my stuff ready, my numbers printed, the car PULLED UP for me to look at while he was busy and I was in the finance guys office and done with the signing by 10:30.

i never thought it was possible to buy a car in 2 hours.

all I can say is that as long as i live in texas and buying cars...I will NEVER go anywhere else or work with anyone else. no matter how busy he was he checked in with me consistently like a 5 star waiter at a restarant.

007 said he hasnt been there too long and sold cars for a short time at another place where he was from but I would have thought he had been doing it since he was born. A complete professional and their pricing is unreal.

not to go on and on but all i can say is that Gunn Honda in san antonio has earned a customer for life and 007 has earned a friend and customer for life.

now im gonna go sit in my van and try to figure the nav thing out. im gonna double post this on the pilot and accord forum too.
    thank you guys for all your help and info.
  • Options
    chakrychakry Member Posts: 1
    Hi Potato1, I am planning for a oddysey. May I know the dealership and the salesman name in Milwaukee area you got the deal from.

Thanks,
  • Options
    and if anyone wants my guys info im more than happy to email it to you!!! my email is in my profile!

good luck to all in your shopping
  • Options
    vinwvinw Member Posts: 10
    just got an offer: $28,100.00 ( dest. + price ) + 10 % TTL.
    no others. OTD will be $30,897.
  • Options
    it is for EX_L only
  • Options
    can you pls confirm if this dealer is in the bay area...can i contact you for details?
  • Options
    hondavanhondavan Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know where I can get the same deal for the EXL w/Nav and RES. Can you send me an e-mail or post the phone number. Thx
  • Options
    i am looking for the same info...pls let me know if you would like to talk. perhaps we can put our heads together?
  • Options
    Here in Houston, I got the dealer bottom price of EX-L N&D for $32,711 OTD. Any suggestions prior I pull the trigger?
  • Options
    quicksilver1quicksilver1 Member Posts: 21
    Mine was 33,113 OTD for 07 EX-L with Nav and Dvd. FWIW.

It came with mudguards, rear storage mat and wheel locks.
  • Options
    Sorry, the offer I posted was for EX_L only, not DVD or Nav.

How many are looking for Odyssey EX_L in Bay Area? Maybe we can work together.
  • Options
    i am looking for one...happy to work together. pls advise contact info. tx
  • Options
    we just drove it home a few hours ago in desert mist rock (gold) color. My wife is very exiting. The engine is so smooth. You wont tell the different when it changes from 6 to 3 cyl. during driving. The only thing I knew is when the green "ECO" sign is on or off on dashboard.
    The finally price is $30548.08+TTL (TX is %6.25) so OTD is $32711.00. There's no other opt. added on but they'll tint 2 front windows for us as a bonus Xmas gift ;) , a very happy ending.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Great price there, tom5314. The ECO light, though, is not necessarily indicative of VCM operation.
  • Options
    ramanimramanim Member Posts: 8
    I am looking for a EX-L (wo RES & wo Nav) in the Bay Area as well. Talked to few dealers and most of them are saying that the invoice is 28878 (incl dest) (as compared to 28598 listed in consumerreports/edmunds etc). According to one of the dealers it is due to CA emission laws or something like that adding to extra costs. Anybody knows if that is true?
  • Options
    did you find a dealer that is friendly?
  • Options
    My initial disucssions have been over email and phone calls. Emails so far have given me the best quotes. Over the phone one of the dealers on the peninsula (I felt) was trying to take me for a ride - will not go with them. Another on the South Bay was reasonable but could not beat the email quotes. But all of them seem to be consistent w.r.t invoice - 28878. Email quotes are quite a bit below invoice so I am ok but curious about the invoice price difference.
  • Options
    my sense is that there is enough demand that it seems to be tough to get them below invoice on odysseys.
  • Options
    this is what the dealer said in her email:

The price(28088) includes destination and price of vehicle. You need to add 10 % to cover tax,title and license. OTD roughly is $30,897.

But she did not tell me in detail in the email. Is it a good deal in Bay Area?

The dealer is in east bay -- Livermore Honda.

I have not talk to her over phone yet. If you talk to her and have good progress, pls let me know.
  • Options
    this is somewhat consistent with my experience...seems like you are looking for exl w/o nav or dvd. the price you are quoted is around invoice pr. i am looking for exl w/ nav and dvd. same outcome...am able to get the dealer in south bay to meet invoice - not below.
  • Options
    did you get quote from AutoWest Honda in the Fremont AutoMall.

They just emailed me for:
    The selling price to you is $27788 plus tax and license. (This price includes the destination fee) .

and in the email. he said:
    Please remember not to involve a retail sales person when you come to our dealership. If you do, they will deserve a commission and we may not be able to honor your internet price. Price quote good for 48 hours.

how do you think? need to go out. and will check posts here by evening.
  • Options
    vinw, Yes I got the same quote from Autowest just now. Will probably be going over to check that out.
  • Options
    shawnxzshawnxz Member Posts: 11
    we got our Odyssey, EX-L in desert rock color yesterday with tinted window, cargo tray, edge guards, mud flaps and wheel locks (for wheel locks, they originally didn't find that in stock. Later on they gave me a little box with four wheel locks in and told me I could install them by myself very easily). The finally OTD price is $30550. There was a little drama yesterday when I signed the doc with the financial staff. The financial guy tried to sell me some warranty options that I really didn't want to take. Then he suddenly told me that the dealership installed an extra layer of alarm system, which worthed about $495, in my Odyssey. If I didn't pay this extra money, they would have it removed. I was a little mad because this obviously was a kind of "final pinch trick" to add $500 into their pocket. I told them I'll rethink about this deal and walked away to the lobby. I gave another dealer a call who ever promised me to sell the Odyssey as $30,550. During my talking, the sales director came to me tring to explain why they should charge me this money. Later on, he might notice I'll drop this deal and told me, okay, I could put this alarm system into your car without extra charge...I'm not sure whether this is really a trick or what he said might be true. Anyway, I'm happy with this deal. I know this is not the best one but it's definitely not the worst one...;-))))

When I drove it home, I checked my Odyssey's maintenance book. One thing puzzled me is the signed pre-delivery inspection date is 12/2/06 while I bought it yesterday 12/23/06. I assumed that this date should be yesterday which is the date for the mechanics to do the pre-delivery inspection for my car....

If anyone who ever checked his/her maintenance book, please tell me what this date means...Thanks so much in advance and have a holly, jolly holiday.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    The date means exactly what it says - it was the day the vehicle was gone over. Don't think anything is amiss as this date can fall anywhere in the period between when it comes off the truck until the day it is delivered to its new owner.
  • Options
    inphoenixinphoenix Member Posts: 5
    We finally bought our van. It is 07 EX-L Silver. The quote we got over phone was $27,300 plus tax around $2200 and title approx. $500. He did want a $299 doc fee and would not compromise there. This deal was far better than the original quote of $28,400 that I got from him 2 weeks ago. So I paid about $30,300 OTD. Van includes front glass tint and door edge guards.

They pulled the alarm trick on me as well. Wanted about $500 for it but offered for a 'bargain' of $250. He gave a day to think about it and said I can come back and get it tomorrow. He said they take a 'chip' out from the car. So now the alarm works when someone opens the door. But if someone breaks a window and gets in, there will be no alarm. Or if someone puts the car on blocks and removed tires there will be no alarm. So, my question is that is this 'chip' worth the extra $250 + tax?
  • Options
    mtbgomtbgo Member Posts: 15
    I have decided to purchase an EX-L with RES and have got a quote from dealers (here DC area, my lowest quote is $28,441 + freight + TTL (3% sales) = $30,070 OTD). I anticipated Honda's annual end-of-the-year special financing as Honda did last couple of years. But, it seems Honda may not repeat this in this year. Unless Honda does this promotion, I can use the credit union (5.5% for 60 months) to borrow the money.

My question is whether I need to purchase an Odyssey this or or next year if Honda does not offer special financing this year. Does the price really go up when new year comes? If the price goes up, I think it's better to purchase one this year with 5.5% financing from the credit union. Any advice would be very appreciated.
  • Options
    just got home. did you visit the dealer today? what is going on?

Have a great holiday
  • Options
    exb0exb0 Member Posts: 539
    mtbgo, I am also shopping in DC area, well, not yet, my current lease expires in February so I am waiting a month. Who did you get that quote from? That is about $1000 below “published” invoice.

What do you mean by waiting until next year? Do you mean January 07, or a year from now. Based on my experience, January is still slow for dealers so prices should not be higher than they are now, but it’s always a gamble. Generally speaking, the older the model the better quality it is, and manufactures tend to throw additional incentives to move it.