Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    wayunderparwayunderpar Member Posts: 3
    I've gotten 2 quotes about a week apart 1st-28,300 +$100 processing includes destination. 2nd quote from a different dealer a few days ago $27,995 . If there has indeed been some $2000 allowance made to these guys hopefully they have more room to come down. The second guy that I got a quote from actually had a couple 07's with low miles that I was interested in. He wouldn't even comment on them, basically implying that he could sell an '08 for less.
  • Options
    berkut027berkut027 Member Posts: 22
    Good job, Mercer. Which dealership?
  • Options
    johnj11johnj11 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal - can I ask which dealers in Chicago you narrowed it down to? We're up near Palatine / Schaumburg

John
  • Options
    cclcalcclcal Member Posts: 20
    fwd quote to cclcal@carspace.com

thanks!
  • Options
    dd99dd99 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know of a Honda dealer who will sell a new 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES.
    Our Canadian List prices is 42,790 CDN$ ($CDN/$US is almost equal right now). So even if I get this down a few thousand. I can save myself at least $10K if I buy in the US.

Thanks,
  • Options
    jliu6302jliu6302 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, there,
    Could you also forward the internet quote for this Honda Odyssey EX-L van too at creditarbfund@gmail.com? Thanks so much in advance. Does this quote include what equipments and options including?
  • Options
    fiufiu Member Posts: 25
    That sounds very good deal, can you post the dealer and salesman name? or email me at xd_ni@yahoo.com, thanks
  • Options
    sidmosidmo Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Could you please forward me a copy of the actual internet quote ?
    My email ID is s_mohapatra@hotmail.com

I would really appreciate it.

I was just about to close on a deal that I think was great (price $30,200 + documentation $200 + Tags $100 + Tax $2100 (Jersey) for a 08 Odyssey EX-L RES.

With this new info, I might be able to get a Nav added for just a little more.

Sid
  • Options
    maylin1maylin1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi!

Could you please also forward me the quotes you've got (1st and 2nd lowest) ? I am also in MD area and the quotes I received from Sport Honda 1 weeks ago is not even close to what you got. (my account is : chingi.meng "at" gmail.com)

Congratulations on your new car deal!!
  • Options
    elephantmanelephantman Member Posts: 4
    Guys here is the best offer I have recieved:

2008 Honda Odyssey
    Touring without PAX
    MSRP: $40,645.00

$33,529.20- Selling Pice
    $635.00- Destination (Factory Fee)
    -----------
    $34,164.20
    $1,024.93- Sales Tax (3%)
    $88.00- License (State $68.00 +$20.00 Electronic Filing Fee)
    $399.00- Documentation Fee
    ------------
    $35,676.13- Out The Door

lmk what you guys think!

TIA
  • Options
    mobileappmobileapp Member Posts: 13
    Hi elephantman,

$33,529.20- Selling Pice for the Touring (witout PAX) is really a great deal.

I got the following for the same: $34,214 and another gave $35,095 this is without the $635 dest charge (VA). Which state / dealer gave you such a good deal.

Thanks
  • Options
    gchan216gchan216 Member Posts: 14
    $38,700 is a great price for a 2008 Touring with what you got.

How did you get that price? Any way of sending me the Sales person's name or a copy of the quote at Oakland Honda so that I might try to get the same deal.

So far I got,

Serramonte Honda, Bay Area
    2008 Honda Odyssey Tourning(W/O Pax) Automatic.
    + splash guards, wheel lock

Manufacture Suggested Retail Price:$40645
    Price Quote: $34988 + tax/lic.
  • Options
    tonyetonye Member Posts: 10
    We were only able to follow some of donkeypunch's receipe due to time contraints and only able to cook the bids for 2 days this past weekend. Within a matter of 2 hours we had a bid that ended up being the most reasonable. This is a great strategy and sure is fun to be on the other side of the table. Thanks to Donkeypunch and the rest of you for showing the way to the ultimate car buying strategy!
  • Options
    If you don't mind me asking but what is the donkeypunch method?
  • Options
    theshwamtheshwam Member Posts: 2
    I paid $34,500 for the 2008 Touring at Honda of StevensCreek in San Jose, CA. Out the door price was $37,710.54. Sales person was a very decent guy. Would be happy to share the name but the posting instructions recommend not including it. Anyway, sounds like there is a better deal to be had?
  • Options
    Can you forward me the internet quote or the sales person name from Honda of Stevens Creek in SJ to gchan216@carspace.com?

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    dacubsdacubs Member Posts: 6
    Wasn't Ohare Honda...We actually got the same low quote from McGrath City and Honda on Grand. We went with McGrath though. In the end, we did leave with our e-mail quote ($1800 under dealer invoice, granted they were getting $1000 of it from the Honda back)...It was just annoying to have to sit through all of it...

We would have been very angry if they renegged on their internet price. We did have one dealer tell us in an e-mail that there was no way either of those 2 dealerships would honor that price because it was too low. Guess it helped that we bought it at the end of Janueary amidst all the snowstorms...They must have really needed to move a few vehicles.

As a first time mini-van owner though, we (and the 3 kids) love it...
  • Options
    McGrath City Honda and Honda on Grand
  • Options
    pauleycpauleyc Member Posts: 13
    Honda just up'd the market assist to $2000, so at $1800 under invoice you actually left $200 on the table ;) . I just got a notice yesterday that Honda has thrown in 2.9% for 60 months which can be included w/ the special pricing. At $2k under and 2.9% .. my 6 month search is getting trigger happy ... (finally). The deals now are better than the left over 2007s (same $, better APR) .. glad I didn't go crazy when they offered 2k off the 2007s. :)

Chad
  • Options
    rocempirerocempire Member Posts: 3
    No problem, let me know where to send the sales person name, I could fax it to you or email.
    I will tell you how I did it. I think you could probably get even a little better price. I think you could also get a little better financing rate than the 4.74 that I got. I'm in sales but hindsight is the greatest !! I'm willing to help, it would be great if you got a better price than I did !! Roch
  • Options
    theshwamtheshwam Member Posts: 2
    I can give you a hint on the name of the sales person I worked with at Honda of Stevens Creek: his first name matches part of the dealership name & his last name matches that of the character Harisson Ford played in an immensely popular series of movies directed by Steven Speilberg!!
  • Options
    stevn99stevn99 Member Posts: 5
    Can you please post your data on this forum with the dealership(s) and city/state? Even with $2500 in dealer incentives quoted by consumerguideauto.com, I just don't see how they can get to $25725. :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

Can anyone else confirm similar prices? Anyone from the ATL area?
  • Options
    volvomanvolvoman Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone confirm the current incentive for a 2008 EX-L res/nav? Is Honda offering $2000 marketing support to dealers and 2.9% financing? How many months is the financing for?

Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks for the help.

You can email the info to gchan216@carspace.com.
  • Options
    pauleycpauleyc Member Posts: 13
    Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge has the 2008 EX-L RES & Navi at $30,944.00, so I would say its confirmed (just over $2k savings). Also, they are offering 2.9% for 60 months and *APR IS AVAILABLE WITH SPECIAL PRICING*, according to the email I got from them. The price quoted does include destination.
  • Options
    Hi Pauleyc,

Could you please email me the name of the sales person and or other details of the offer you got from Hendrick Honda, Woodbridge at mobileapp.developer gmail.com.
  • Options
    dishiki1dishiki1 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2008 EX-L Res and navi for 30,250 including destination. Tax of 734, tag of 19, and we were out of the door for right at 31,000.
  • Options
    tonyetonye Member Posts: 10
    Look around and you'll find several posts that point to this legend.. He/She put together a step by step post on how to negotiate a deal.. might work for some and maybe not others. Worth a try especially since it's all email, from the comfort of your home (bunny slippers optional) and not in front of a wheelin dealin sales enigma who's only going to deal if you buy right now...
  • Options
    Yeah, if we waited a little longer we might have been able to get it cheaper, but when we bought it jan 28th, the only info out there was $1000 for the market assist. Even on these boards, there was no mention yet of $2000 as the new incentive. So for the time we bought it, I consider that we did well. Now, if the dealer knew already that the next incentive was going to be $2000 back, then of course they were happy to sell at $1800 under invoice, but I have a feeling some salespeople didn't know about it as some dealers could only go to the $1000 under. Figured what if the $1000 assist expired and the next incentive was only for financing, we would have lost out (we paid in full with a check)
  • Options
    raj1raj1 Member Posts: 27
    This is really incredible. Who was the dealer and where? Can you please email me the quote at rg_quote at hotmail dot com. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    elephantmanelephantman Member Posts: 4
    The dealer was Metro Honda in Monroe, NC. Going to pick it up on Saturday!
  • Options
    raj1raj1 Member Posts: 27
    check out this site -
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2008-honda-odyssey-2.htm
    It mentions 2.9-4.9 apr financing and dealer incentives of $2500. Looks like the honda dealers are making huge profits w/o disclosing these incentives.
  • Options
    I just a quote for a 2008 Touring.

$34,411.00 plus tax and DMV fees.
    Includes the destination charge. (purchase Price, not for leasing)

Marin Honda
    5880 Paradise Drive
    Corte Madera, CA 94925

Also, I got an email from Serramonte Honda for another $250 off Internet Quote for
    President's Day.

Hoping to work this together. But if the incentive is really $2.5K then there's more to be had here.
  • Options
    hondawavehondawave Member Posts: 8
    I have received an OTD price on a 2008 EXL of $29500 while on a new 2007 EXL I have an OTD of $27725. Any thoughts on which deal is better? Anyone have better luck in getting a lower quote? Any comments would be appreciated very much.
  • Options
    vanvenumvanvenum Member Posts: 8
    Got a quote from Open Road in NJ for 30099+Dest+TTL for EX-L with NAV,RES,Backup Sensor and Fog Lights.

Hillside Honda in NJ offered 29700 for EX-L RES & NAV.

Please share your thoughts on the quotes. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    kkrisokkriso Member Posts: 6
    Got a Quote from Hendrick Honda in Virginia for 29550 OTD including Door Edge Guards, Wheel Well Guards, Pin Stripes, Mud Guards, Floor Mats and this price is good until Friday 02/15/08.

If anyone got less than this quote in Washinton Dc Area.Please share your thoughts on the quotes. Appreciate it.

I am thinking to close a deal on Friday.
  • Options
    stevekorbelstevekorbel Member Posts: 3
    What was your quote without tax, title, plates, etc.?
  • Options
    kkrisokkriso Member Posts: 6
    I think 28135 to 28300 including Destination charges.I think it is good deal or not and I got it from different dealers around 30K OTD from Maryland.
  • Options
    Received a quote in Pittsburgh for the EX-L w/ RES of $29,113. However, given the numbers you received, I think there is more money on the table that I should go after. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Hi Steve,

Just to be clear when you say EX-L RES that means there is no Navigation, right ?
    Because I got a quote for EX-L Res + NAV for $29,919 (Dest NOT included). from a VA dealer
  • Options
    user_1999user_1999 Member Posts: 12
    I am Looking to buy 2008 Odyssey Touring without PAX.
    I am in New York/New Jersey area. Anyone has recent price quote for 2008 Touring from New York/New Jersey area?
    Any recommended for dealer?
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Those prices are WAY high - do some more shopping.
  • Options
    Mobileapp

You are correct, no navigation, just the RES. That quote included the destination charge. I had several dealerships drop out of the bidding at that price, so I figured it must be competitive. However, given some of the posts on this board, it appears the Pittsburgh dealers may just be a bit tighter with their dealer incentive money.

Steve
  • Options
    sam1234sam1234 Member Posts: 1
    2k at signing, 3 years, 36k miles. 450 mo. for lease on 2008
  • Options
    dishiki1dishiki1 Member Posts: 3
    It was Ed Voyles Honda in Smyrna, GA, about 15 mins north of Atlanta.
  • Options
    johnj11johnj11 Member Posts: 2
    ODYSSEY LX in ILLINOIS

Are the marketing assists and the APR dependent on the state you're in or not?

I received a couple offers over the weekend which are just over $21k including destination charges ($21,063 and $21,213 were the lowest). This is for an LX with no extra options included. Any feedback on those offers? Do you know if the $2k marketing assistance is from the last 2-3 days? Closest dealer to me is insisting there's no financing available for Odysseys, and is talking about $1k incentive only, although they did say they would match the $21k offer.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

John
  • Options
    hondawavehondawave Member Posts: 8
    Without tax, tags,doc etc... the prices on the '07 and '08 EXL come in at about $25350 for the '07 & about $27342 for the '08...these prices incl destination charges...do these still seem too high...thanks.
  • Options
    user_1999user_1999 Member Posts: 12
    I just received a quote for 2008 Honda Touring without PAX

$ 38200 - plus destination and tax.

Is it high or about average?
  • Options
    Got a quote from Oakland Honda.

2008 Odyssey Touring n/pax

MSRP
    $40,645.00
    Your Price $$$
    $34,161.00
    State Tax
    $2,822.82
    DMV
    $290.00
    Doc Fee
    $55.00
    CA Tire Tax
    $8.75

OTD
    $37,337.57

Hope this helps anyone.
  • Options
    obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    I would say that 07 price is a good deal not sure about the 08 price.

I did alot of research on 07 a few months ago and $25,350 is a good price assuming the only other charge is sales tax plus $100 or so for misc items (tag, title and doc).

There is alot of negative over the 07 brake system. Maybe they fixed it in 08?

also, as I was cleaning my 05 pilot last week I concluded a nice extra to get included is a 2nd set of floor mats.